The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: A Prince or Princess for Monaco?
A Boy 41 28.67%
A Girl 32 22.38%
Twins - Boy / Boy 9 6.29%
Twins - Girl / Girl 10 6.99%
Twins - Boy / Girl 51 35.66%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Chris Le Vine was the only one I guessed correctly. He and Albert are very close. He was Albert's best man too.
I think the godparent is Chris Levine jr, who is the son of Albert's best man, right?

Found a pic: Chris Levine jr

https://scontent-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...dc&oe=554DC0B1

Old 05-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Nobility

I was a little shocked that Albert didn't pick either of his sisters, Charlene picked a sibling so I thought he would as well. I assume they are quite close to Nerine Pienaar. I guess it tells us a little bit about who they socialize with and are close to.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think the godparent is Chris Levine jr, who is the son of Albert's best man, right?
Yes, you are right. ! I missed the "Jr" part of the name.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

What an immense disappointment – not even a nod to Princess Caroline, Monaco's first lady for roughly 29 years. I am not surprised that they won't have any foreign royals as godparents as AFAIK no foreign royal attendance has been announced but I was expecting Caroline to be godmother – or that one of her children would be godparent.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I would have loved to soo at least one of the grimaldi as a godparent... Caroline surely deserved it all since she was the hereditary princess for so long and did IMO a brilliant work... She has been considered the glamour of monaco. Sadly, I saw this coming and didn't let myself down...
Old 05-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
What an immense disappointment – not even a nod to Princess Caroline, Monaco's first lady for roughly 29 years. I am not surprised that they won't have any foreign royals as godparents as AFAIK no foreign royal attendance has been announced but I was expecting Caroline to be godmother – or that one of her children would be godparent.

I'm trying to comfort myself telling myself that this choice of godparents
was a move of familial diplomacy from P. Albert. There are two babies. Either P. Albert asked both his sisters to be godmothers ( wich could hurt P. Charlene feelings ) or he would have to choose one of his sisters lefting the other out, wich could be considered a major offense. At least, like this no one gets hurt in her / his feelings... says i trying to convince myself!!!
Old 05-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Aristocracy

I always found Caroline the perfect choice for Jacques' godmother. She was a Hereditary Princess for so long and as a symbol of recompensate for the fact she's not Hereditary Princess any longer she should be the Hereditary Prince's godmother

I'm really disappointed, just as I was with Prince George's godparents, but of course it was Albert and Charlene's choice and I totally accept it
Old 05-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

To be a godmother is not a award , The godmother must be close to the child and must live in the catholic rules to support him in his life of a chretien .
It is the choice of Albert and Charlene.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Thinking about it I'm guessing that Albert didn't want to choose one sister over another. Similarly he may not have wanted to chose one niece or nephew over another.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Neither of Albert's sisters are fit to be Godparents. they seem to me to have no moral character at all. Godparent is not just a title, there are responsibilities attached. Also, Caroline and Stephanie are too old.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

The de Polignacs are French nobility, but I think they live in Portugal. PA's grandfather was Pierre de Polignac. One of them rode in the Global Champions Tour a couple of times with Charlotte. I don't remember if it was Diane or another family member.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Nobility

I do not think Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie are immoral neither too old to be godmothers. Let us just respect the parents choice who have made their own choice.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Neither of Albert's sisters are fit to be Godparents. they seem to me to have no moral character at all. Godparent is not just a title, there are responsibilities attached. Also, Caroline and Stephanie are too old.
Are they any more "immoral" than Albert himself? At least that didn't stop Caroline and Stephanie from choosing him as a godparent to Pierre, Louis and Pauline nor did it stop Charlotte from choosing him as godfather to Raphaël.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Courtier

I tend to agree with Kitty Atlanta that they may have regarded P Albert's sisters as being too old. They seem to have preferred a younger group of godparents. But I am disappointed that there are no Royals among the godparents.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 05-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Chris Le Vine was the only one I guessed correctly. He and Albert are very close. He was Albert's best man too.
I guessed Chris LeVine as well. He and Albert are more like brothers than cousins.

I guess the days of prestigious Royal godparents is over(for some families anyway...the Benelux RF still have them). This is a very uninspiring list.

Also the idea that Albert's 40 and 50 something sisters are "too old" is frankly absurd. Albert's own godmother was Queen Victoria Ena of Spain who was in her 70's or 80's when she was chosen.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

http://www.purepeople.com/article/ba...iles_a159279/1

This gallery has pictures of all the godparents. But they mistakenly also included Chris LeVine sr and not his son. Definitely a younger set of godparents! I feel the P Caroline and P Stephanie may be more like grandmothers in their lives rather than godparents...

The Pienaars are a highly respected couple in SA, but I didn't know that they were so close to the P Albert and P Charlene

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 05-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Majesty

interesting move, choosing no royal godparents! however, it seems reasonable that they picked people they liked. it's nice as it puts no pressure or feelings they should ask a royal when they want to invite their friends to be godparents.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Well, Jacques does have a godparent from the aristocratic Polignac clan, which is of course linked to that of the Grimaldi.

But someone should tell Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and a lot of other RF's that 40's and 50's are too old for godparents. Each one of them has recently chosen Royal and non-Royal godparents in that age group.

Immediately after they are baptized, the infants will be taken to the Palace and invested with the Grand Cross of the Order of Grimaldi....nice!
Old 05-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Diane de Polignac is portuguese and her mom was Prince Rainier's cousin I think...
Old 05-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would have thought P.Caroline would be a godparent, because i believe that next to P.Albert she's the who knows best how to be the ruler of Monaco and if ever a godparent would have to actively step in here, they would certainly have to know *that*...
(i wouldn't consider her too old...my own godparents were my dad's dad and mom's mom, both were 70 when i was born; in my culture it used to be tradition for the grandparents to be the godparents of the oldest two children of a couple..if there were more children, the next godparents would be siblings of the parents)

Closed Thread