Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Prince or Princess for Monaco?

• A Boy

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • A Girl

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Twins - Boy / Boy

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Twins - Girl / Girl

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Twins - Boy / Girl

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The de Polignacs are French nobility, but I think they live in Portugal. PA's grandfather was Pierre de Polignac. One of them rode in the Global Champions Tour a couple of times with Charlotte. I don't remember if it was Diane or another family member.

I do not think Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie are immoral neither too old to be godmothers. Let us just respect the parents choice who have made their own choice.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Neither of Albert's sisters are fit to be Godparents. they seem to me to have no moral character at all. Godparent is not just a title, there are responsibilities attached. Also, Caroline and Stephanie are too old.

Are they any more "immoral" than Albert himself? At least that didn't stop Caroline and Stephanie from choosing him as a godparent to Pierre, Louis and Pauline nor did it stop Charlotte from choosing him as godfather to Raphaël.

I tend to agree with Kitty Atlanta that they may have regarded P Albert's sisters as being too old. They seem to have preferred a younger group of godparents. But I am disappointed that there are no Royals among the godparents.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Chris Le Vine was the only one I guessed correctly. He and Albert are very close. He was Albert's best man too.

I guessed Chris LeVine as well. He and Albert are more like brothers than cousins.

I guess the days of prestigious Royal godparents is over(for some families anyway...the Benelux RF still have them). This is a very uninspiring list.

Also the idea that Albert's 40 and 50 something sisters are "too old" is frankly absurd. Albert's own godmother was Queen Victoria Ena of Spain who was in her 70's or 80's when she was chosen.

Last edited:
Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

http://www.purepeople.com/article/b...o-le-parrains-et-marraines-devoiles_a159279/1

This gallery has pictures of all the godparents. But they mistakenly also included Chris LeVine sr and not his son. Definitely a younger set of godparents! I feel the P Caroline and P Stephanie may be more like grandmothers in their lives rather than godparents...

The Pienaars are a highly respected couple in SA, but I didn't know that they were so close to the P Albert and P Charlene

Last edited:
interesting move, choosing no royal godparents! however, it seems reasonable that they picked people they liked. it's nice as it puts no pressure or feelings they should ask a royal when they want to invite their friends to be godparents.

Well, Jacques does have a godparent from the aristocratic Polignac clan, which is of course linked to that of the Grimaldi.

But someone should tell Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and a lot of other RF's that 40's and 50's are too old for godparents. Each one of them has recently chosen Royal and non-Royal godparents in that age group.:cool:

Immediately after they are baptized, the infants will be taken to the Palace and invested with the Grand Cross of the Order of Grimaldi....nice!

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, Diane de Polignac is portuguese and her mom was Prince Rainier's cousin I think...

I would have thought P.Caroline would be a godparent, because i believe that next to P.Albert she's the who knows best how to be the ruler of Monaco and if ever a godparent would have to actively step in here, they would certainly have to know *that*...
(i wouldn't consider her too old...my own godparents were my dad's dad and mom's mom, both were 70 when i was born; in my culture it used to be tradition for the grandparents to be the godparents of the oldest two children of a couple..if there were more children, the next godparents would be siblings of the parents)

Neither of Albert's sisters are fit to be Godparents. they seem to me to have no moral character at all. Godparent is not just a title, there are responsibilities attached. Also, Caroline and Stephanie are too old.

When you say they have no moral character do you mean out of wedlock children? Because Gareth is not married to the mother of his child. So in your opinion what kimd of moral character does he have?

Immediately after they are baptized, the infants will be taken to the Palace and invested with the Grand Cross of the Order of Grimaldi....nice!

I've read that Jacques will be given the Grand Cross of the Order of Grimaldi and Gabriella will be made a Grand Officer of the Order of Grimaldi.

Jacques' godparents will be made Officers of the Order of Saint-Charles and Gabriella's godparents will be made Officers of the Order of Grimaldi.

Last edited:
Jacques and Gabriella are their children, they chose the persons who are the most close to them. they have their reasons, We must accept.

http://www.purepeople.com/article/b...o-le-parrains-et-marraines-devoiles_a159279/1

This gallery has pictures of all the godparents. But they mistakenly also included Chris LeVine sr and not his son. Definitely a younger set of godparents! I feel the P Caroline and P Stephanie may be more like grandmothers in their lives rather than godparents...

The Pienaars are a highly respected couple in SA, but I didn't know that they were so close to the P Albert and P Charlene

I dont understand Chris Levine is the godfather not his son?

I am confused now, too, whether the godfather is Chris LeVine, P Albert's best man, or his son. It seems posters differ in their opinions on this one. We'll see for sure on Sunday!

Chris LeVine the best man is indeed D. Christopher LeVine, Jr. It's not his son.

I can't wait to see them, how much they must have grown !

[I've read that Jacques will be given the Grand Cross of the Order of Grimaldi and Gabriella will be made a Grand Officer of the Order of Grimaldi.

Jacques' godparents will be made Officers of the Order of Saint-Charles and Gabriella's godparents will be made Officers of the Order of Grimaldi]// quote

Thanks Noble Consort Ming...I read it incorrectly.

If it's true that Chris LeVine Sr. got the nod it's proof that age was not a factor. Chris Sr. is nearing or at 60 years of age.

I think giving one baby higher honors then the other is a bit strange, heir or no heir.

No big name for at least the Hereditary Prince? Weird tbh. It's their choice of course, but considering Albert had a Queen as godmother, it's underwhelming.

Omg :lol:

Last edited:
At that times, in 1958,Queen Victoria Eugénie was no more, she was a former queen in exil who lived between Monaco and Genève.

I think it is nice that they went with close friends and relatives as godparents. They do the same in the other catholic monarchies. The same goes for prince George of Cambridge (and most likely for his sister). Considering the idea of a godparent is that they actually play a role in the life and upbringing of the child, I find it logical that they actually picked people who most likely will be involved in the lives of the children.

The habit of picking a vast range of royals as godparents looks a bit cosmetic to me and seems to be the case only in Scandinavia. The Dutch king and queen picked 1 foreign royal for their children. I suppose it is also easier for the protestants as they can pick so many godparents while the catholics can only ask two.

Last edited:
There is a difference between a quenn in exil and a queen who is a reigning queen. she is no more recognized by her country which became a republic. She has no more rights as she has before. She is less prestigious.

The fact that they didn't change the male primogeniture before the twins were born, shows that they do not care a lot about gender discrimination.

I am looking forward to see the whole family at the baptism

Last edited:
They picked people they're close to. Personally, I find it a bit peculiar they haven't chosen a closer member of the immediate Grimaldi family. As to Victoria Eugenia she was a Queen, she was born royal - doesn't matter that she was in exile. For more "prestigious" than the wife of a former rugby captain (as wonderful as she may be) and a former computer salesman, who is so tacky, he has his sister's crest as a tattoo.

Perhaps, they wanted people they love and mean something to them, not just a name.

Although, I would have thought they might be able to find someone they love and are close to in the immediate Grimaldi family...

It is their choice , they chose the persons they love It is good for Jacques and Gabriella to have an another link with other persons who belong to their family but not only to the Grimaldi family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom