Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Prince or Princess for Monaco?

• A Boy

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • A Girl

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Twins - Boy / Boy

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Twins - Girl / Girl

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Twins - Boy / Girl

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

As Biri mentioned: "If Prince Joseph Wenzel is confirmed."

In Catholic churches and cathedrals here in the continental United States, there have been godmothers and godfathers who are eighteen or nineteen. They may be a younger sister or brother of the father or mother of the baby to be baptized. They may be a cousin. They may be friends of the couple.

My main question was: why did you name him? Is he a close friend of the couple?

Apart the prince soveriegn of Lichenstein who was invited to the national fest in 2012, we have never see the prince Alois with the prince Joseph Wenzel at Monaco since the wedding but I think there are contacts between the two families
I always think that the godparents will be among the parents of Albert or perhaps there will be some princes as Prince Charles of bourbon Siciles for prince Jacques and for princess Gabriella a prince or a princess of Polignac because the family of polignac was the family of prince Pierre , father of Rainier and Princess Gabriella has for middle name Thérèse in tribute of Princess Thérèse of polignac.

Prince Albert will celebrat his ten years of reign and there will be some events for this celebration , perhaps there will be some royals who will be invited to celebrat this anniversary.but it is not the subject of this board.

Point De Vue is saying in its magazine this week that the godparents will be among the families Grimaldi and, Wittstock. Sometimes their articles are true.

This article is saying that the godparents will not all be family members but they will all be Catholic.

Article.

That rules out Sophie Wessex who I thought stood a good chance of being picked, but now she definitely wont be. I can see Maxima being chosen if they are to choose any royal godparents.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carlo, Duke of Castro or Prince Emanuele Filiberto were amongst the godparents. Both are Roman Catholic and seem to be friends with the Grimaldi family.

:previous:I can definitely see either or both of those persons being chosen. They are Catholic royalty who are also close friends of Prince Albert.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a member of the Luxemberg Grand Ducal family either. They are friendly with the Grimaldis.

ETA: The gist of the article is that it confirms how seriously Charlene has taken her Catholic faith since her conversion, it was not done lightly or purely for symbolism. Her brother Gareth also entered the Catholic Church four years after his sister did. So I think it's very likely that there will be one Wittstock godparent and it will be Gareth. He is not only Catholic now, he is the sibling who appears closest to Charlene.

Last edited:
:previous:I can definitely see either or both of those persons being chosen. They are Catholic royalty who are also close friends of Prince Albert.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a member of the Luxemberg Grand Ducal family either. They are friendly with the Grimaldis.

ETA: The gist of the article is that it confirms how seriously Charlene has taken her Catholic faith since her conversion, it was not done lightly or purely for symbolism. Her brother Gareth also entered the Catholic Church four years after his sister did. So I think it's very likely that there will be one Wittstock godparent and it will be Gareth. He is not only Catholic now, he is the sibling who appears closest to Charlene.

I didn't realise the Luxembourg family were friendly with the Grimaldi's. If so then it would be nice to see of them chosen (perhaps Stephanie as future Grand Duchess?)

I can see Gareth being chosen although I never really like to see siblings chosen as godparents. They already have a role in the child's life - aunt/uncle. I think I said this in the George topic as well.

The post (2 above yours) states that Gareth converted to Catholicism several years ago.

I didn't realise the Luxembourg family were friendly with the Grimaldi's. If so then it would be nice to see of them chosen (perhaps Stephanie as future Grand Duchess?)

I can see Gareth being chosen although I never really like to see siblings chosen as godparents. They already have a role in the child's life - aunt/uncle. I think I said this in the George topic as well.

Albert, Caroline ,and Henri were childhood friends. At Albert's wedding Maria-Teresa and Henri were seated at the main table with the Grimaldi family.

I thought Gareth had converted v ery very recently !

I think it is safe to assume that one of Charlene's brother will be a godparent.

One of Albert's interviews said no family relations for god parents.

Albert never said nothing about the godparents of his children in a interview. All are suppositions about the names of godparents in the articles of magazines.

I hope the official communiquè will be out soon...I am not surprised to see commone and unknown people as godparents... I didn't expect any royalty actually. Does anybody know who Diane de Polignac is?

official announcement of the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/palaismonaco?fref=nf

Last edited:
I have the feeling that Prince Albert chose for Prince Jacques:
Godfather : Christopher Levine( family of his mother)
Gofmother : Diane De Polignac Nigra (family of his father)

Charlene chose for Princess Gabriella ( all are south africa people)

Godfather: Gareth Wittstock
godmother : Nerine Pienaar, a close friend and wife of François Pienaar.

Nice to read that Prince Jacques will receive the title of officier de l'ordre de Saint Charles and Gabriella title of officier de l'order de Grimaldi. there will be a ceremony.
I remember prince Albert wore a little decoration during his christening.

Well, according to Hola there will be no royalty among the twins godparents, nor even their close family... According to Hola, Jacques's godparents will be Christopher Le Vine Jr., son of one of P. Albert maternal cousins and Diane de Polignac Nigra, a relative of P. Rainier. As for Gabriela, she'll have Gareth Wittstock, ( brother of P. Charlene ) for godfather and the southafrican Nerine Pienaar, the wife of François Pienaar, a former southafrican rugby player... WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

El Palacio del Principado desvela quiénes serán los padrinos de los príncipes Jacques y Gabriella, mientras Mónaco se prepara para el bautizo

El Palacio del Principado desvela quiénes serán los padrinos de los príncipes Jacques y Gabriella, mientras Mónaco se prepara para el bautizo

The ceremony will take place next sunday at 10. 30am at Saint Nicholas Cathedral

:previous: Yes you can find all the info on the general news thread... The palace has officially aanounced the names of the godparents... No royalty at all.

Chris Le Vine was the only one I guessed correctly. He and Albert are very close. He was Albert's best man too.

I was a little shocked that Albert didn't pick either of his sisters, Charlene picked a sibling so I thought he would as well. I assume they are quite close to Nerine Pienaar. I guess it tells us a little bit about who they socialize with and are close to.

What an immense disappointment – not even a nod to Princess Caroline, Monaco's first lady for roughly 29 years. I am not surprised that they won't have any foreign royals as godparents as AFAIK no foreign royal attendance has been announced but I was expecting Caroline to be godmother – or that one of her children would be godparent.

Last edited:
I would have loved to soo at least one of the grimaldi as a godparent... Caroline surely deserved it all since she was the hereditary princess for so long and did IMO a brilliant work... She has been considered the glamour of monaco. Sadly, I saw this coming and didn't let myself down...

What an immense disappointment – not even a nod to Princess Caroline, Monaco's first lady for roughly 29 years. I am not surprised that they won't have any foreign royals as godparents as AFAIK no foreign royal attendance has been announced but I was expecting Caroline to be godmother – or that one of her children would be godparent.

I'm trying to comfort myself telling myself that this choice of godparents
was a move of familial diplomacy from P. Albert. There are two babies. Either P. Albert asked both his sisters to be godmothers ( wich could hurt P. Charlene feelings ) or he would have to choose one of his sisters lefting the other out, wich could be considered a major offense. At least, like this no one gets hurt in her / his feelings... says i trying to convince myself!!! :whistling: :ermm: :whistling:

I always found Caroline the perfect choice for Jacques' godmother. She was a Hereditary Princess for so long and as a symbol of recompensate for the fact she's not Hereditary Princess any longer she should be the Hereditary Prince's godmother :bang:

I'm really disappointed, just as I was with Prince George's godparents, but of course it was Albert and Charlene's choice and I totally accept it :ermm:

To be a godmother is not a award , The godmother must be close to the child and must live in the catholic rules to support him in his life of a chretien .
It is the choice of Albert and Charlene.

Thinking about it I'm guessing that Albert didn't want to choose one sister over another. Similarly he may not have wanted to chose one niece or nephew over another.

Neither of Albert's sisters are fit to be Godparents. they seem to me to have no moral character at all. Godparent is not just a title, there are responsibilities attached. Also, Caroline and Stephanie are too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom