The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: A Prince or Princess for Monaco?
A Boy 41 28.67%
A Girl 32 22.38%
Twins - Boy / Boy 9 6.29%
Twins - Girl / Girl 10 6.99%
Twins - Boy / Girl 51 35.66%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 08-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 1,481
Although I love the meloldy of the name Melusine, I really don't think future The Princess of Monaco will be named thus, because of the legend of Melusine and all.

For the ones who hasn't heard about it:

Melusine's mother married the King of Albany on the condition of not entering her chambers when she birthed or bathed her children. They had three girls. However, once the King broke his promise and the mother left the kingdom. Years later, girls learned the reason why they were raised as orphans and went on to exact revenge on their father, capturing him and impisoning him in a mountain. Their mother learned of this and condemned them, causing Melusine to take the form a serpent (or a mermaid) from the waist down on Saturdays. Some say she married a French count, while others claim that she married the lord of Luxembourg and magically made the Castle Bock appear. One of her terms of marriage was that she would have one day of the week to hersefl (you guessed it, Saturday). Anyway, as you might have guessed the curious lord just couldn't resist the temptation (MEN!) and saw his wife in he serpentine/mermaid form. However, she forgave him. But then during an arguement he called her "Serpent!" in front of the whole court. Thus Melusine turned to a dragon and flew off.

It's a rather popular legend in Luxembourg and they even had her on a stamp:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...d88e5fbc8a.jpg
__________________

__________________
  #182  
Old 08-15-2014, 11:22 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 2,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Pelline is an interesting name, I've never heard it before and I really like it. It's elegant and feminine, although I may be biased because I pretty much love all names ending in "ine". Somehow though, I can't seem to picture it on a future Princess of Monaco.
Marie-Pelline was the daughter of Prince Antoine I of Monaco.
__________________

__________________
  #183  
Old 08-16-2014, 03:34 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit, United States
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post


Marie-Pelline was the daughter of Prince Antoine I of Monaco.
I don't know why I sometimes see her name translated as Pelline or Peline because her given name was Maria Paolina Theresa Devota(this was back before the Grimaldi's always used the French forms of names).




I don't know if it's been mentioned but maybe they will throw Claudine somewhere among the name. Claudine was the name of the first female ruler of Monaco because they had the title of sovereign princes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudine,_Lady_of_Monaco
__________________
  #184  
Old 08-16-2014, 06:30 AM
titiromi's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris & Salon-De-Provence, France
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
I don't know why I sometimes see her name translated as Pelline or Peline because her given name was Maria Paolina Theresa Devota(this was back before the Grimaldi's always used the French forms of names).




I don't know if it's been mentioned but maybe they will throw Claudine somewhere among the name. Claudine was the name of the first female ruler of Monaco because they had the title of sovereign princes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudine,_Lady_of_Monaco
Shouldn t the french translation of the name Paolina be Pauline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
Shouldn t the french translation of the name Paolina be Pauline?
I have never heard of the name Pelline.
__________________
je suis Charlie

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire


My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
  #185  
Old 08-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
I have never heard of the name Pelline.
I hadn't either, so I wondered if it even was a name, and yes it is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granvil...Earl_Granville

Wife of Granville Leveson-Gower, 2nd Earl Granville was named Marie Louise Pelline de Dalberg



oh, we even have a picture of this Pelline: http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/se...role=sit&rNo=0
__________________
  #186  
Old 08-16-2014, 09:31 AM
QUEENECE29's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,958
I think baby boy

Boy :
Rainier
Albert
Jean
Louis

Girl :
Grace
Louise
Antoinette
__________________
  #187  
Old 08-16-2014, 09:38 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 3,228
For a girl
Alice, Alexandra, Marie

For a boy

Charles, françois as Prince François of grimaldi, Florestan.
__________________
  #188  
Old 08-19-2014, 05:28 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,532
I am still thinking Grace or Antoinette for a girl (but preferably Grace Antoinette in one) and and Charles for a boy (Prince Charles of Monaco sounds so dashing, but it might be too close to Charlène?).

If they want to be a little less traditional and a little more edgy, I'm thinking Maxence, Hercule, Edouard or Gaston for a boy and Margaux, Athénaïs, Françoise or Joséphine for a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I like Melisande for a girl.
That's a great guess. It's an old name, yet it sounds very modern and refreshing. Princess Melisande of Monaco has a lovely ring to it as well. But I may just be biased because I really love the name Melisande
__________________
"I am Denmark's first female Prime Minister. But you know what? I won't be the last."
— Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark

  #189  
Old 08-20-2014, 05:12 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 193
Maybe twins ...

Albertine Grace Louise Devote
Charles Rainier Pierre Francis
__________________
  #190  
Old 08-22-2014, 03:42 PM
DukeJonathan81's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 61
Boy:

Rainier Antonio Louis Jacques Albert Grimaldi

• Sovereign Prince Rainier IV of Monaco •


Girl:

Louise Charlotte Grace Marie Charlene Grimaldi

• Sovereign Princess Louise II of Monaco •


His Grace, The Duke
__________________
  #191  
Old 09-28-2014, 04:54 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 3,228
I think it may be a boy because Charlene wears blue cloths many times .

and there is an another reason, I always thought that Albert would change the law of sucession before the birth of the child if they would have a girl as first child , she would be the heriditary princess even the second child would be a boy.

He did not do it like in the other monarchies, I think it is a boy and now he has the time to change the law for the next generation .
__________________
  #192  
Old 09-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,074
mmmm Charlene wore the blue because it is the color of the "fight against autism" and as we have seen many times the color is not a reliable source :-). Princess Victoria has worn blue many times duing herpregnancy and she had a girl.... Kate wore pink and she had a boy...
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #193  
Old 10-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,467
Since the recent interviews in Ola etc i'm pretty convinced that it's gonna be twins, and imo i'd be really cool if the godparents would be P.Albert's two sisters and P.Charlene's two brothers...

Names i'm still not sure, but i think the boy-baby (imo they will be boy/girl) will get a first name traditional to the Monaco princely family (like Louis Rainier) and the girl-baby a name from Charlene's family, maybe Lynette
Louis&Lynette has a certain ring to it
__________________
  #194  
Old 10-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,074
Can't change my vote on the poll but now I've came back to my original thoght: twins.

Boy and girl: Ranier Henri Michael and Marguerite Marie Lynette

Godparents: Charlotte and one of Charlene's brother for the boy. Caroline and the other brother for the girl
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #195  
Old 10-06-2014, 07:41 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,541
I agree on boy and girl.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #196  
Old 10-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
If it is in fact twins, and Albert has not instigated a change re: the law about a male heir, I would tend to think that it is twin BOYS. Though he might be reluctant because if that had been in place 50 years ago, Caroline would be the Princesse de Monaco.
__________________
  #197  
Old 10-07-2014, 01:12 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,532
I hope it's same-sex twins. If it's girl/boy twins where the girl arrives first yet is surpassed in the line of succession by her younger brother, I will just get fed up with it all. But I reckon if it's one of each and Charlène has a Caesarean, they will make sure that the boy is delivered before the girl.

Boy/boy: Charles Rainier Louis and Florestan Pierre Michel

Boy/girl: Charles Rainier Louis and Antoinette Grace Caroline

Girl/girl: Antoinette Grace Caroline and Joséphine Sylvie Marguerite

Godparents: I hope they throw Princess Caroline in there. She has been Hereditary Princess for so long and even first lady of Monaco, I think she deserves becoming godmother to one of the children. I will also be pleasantly surprised if Queen Máxima is chosen as godmother. IIRC, she doesn't have all that many royal godchildren.
__________________
"I am Denmark's first female Prime Minister. But you know what? I won't be the last."
— Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark

  #198  
Old 10-07-2014, 02:11 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 193
I'm thinking twins more and more ..

Grace Charlette Louise Devote
Rainier Albert Louis Michael

Godparents:
Pauline and Charlene's brother and a Catholic female friend.
Charlotte and Charlene's other brother and a Catholic male friend.
__________________
  #199  
Old 10-09-2014, 05:56 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,074
Boy and girl!
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #200  
Old 10-09-2014, 06:04 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 3,228
Boy called Charles and girl called Alice.
2 boys Charles and rainier
2 girls Alice and Grace
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014 iceflower Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 1025 12-10-2014 02:41 PM
Guess the Name and Sex of Laurentien and Mabel's Babies Empress Dutch Royals 35 06-18-2006 11:58 AM
Guess the Sex of Princess Claire's Twins sara1981 Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and Family 33 12-13-2005 04:18 PM
Guess the name and sex of the new baby... norwegianne Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 137 12-05-2005 04:19 AM
Guess the sex of Máxima and Willem-Alexander's new baby sara1981 King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 43 06-20-2005 02:38 PM




Popular Tags
austria birthday birthday celebration carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge gala dress earl of snowdon family general news general royal discussion hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta margarita infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news pablo urdangarín portugal pregnancy prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess alexandra of luxembourg princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary casual style princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofia's daytime fashion princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia rohan family romania state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge fashion vatican victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises