Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Prince or Princess for Monaco?

• A Boy

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • A Girl

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Twins - Boy / Boy

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Twins - Girl / Girl

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Twins - Boy / Girl

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I love the meloldy of the name Melusine, I really don't think future The Princess of Monaco will be named thus, because of the legend of Melusine and all.

For the ones who hasn't heard about it:

Melusine's mother married the King of Albany on the condition of not entering her chambers when she birthed or bathed her children. They had three girls. However, once the King broke his promise and the mother left the kingdom. Years later, girls learned the reason why they were raised as orphans and went on to exact revenge on their father, capturing him and impisoning him in a mountain. Their mother learned of this and condemned them, causing Melusine to take the form a serpent (or a mermaid) from the waist down on Saturdays. Some say she married a French count, while others claim that she married the lord of Luxembourg and magically made the Castle Bock appear. One of her terms of marriage was that she would have one day of the week to hersefl (you guessed it, Saturday). Anyway, as you might have guessed the curious lord just couldn't resist the temptation (MEN!) and saw his wife in he serpentine/mermaid form. However, she forgave him. But then during an arguement he called her "Serpent!" in front of the whole court. Thus Melusine turned to a dragon and flew off.

It's a rather popular legend in Luxembourg and they even had her on a stamp:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/38/83/53/388353c1a752f084dd9741d88e5fbc8a.jpg

Last edited:
Pelline is an interesting name, I've never heard it before and I really like it. It's elegant and feminine, although I may be biased because I pretty much love all names ending in "ine". Somehow though, I can't seem to picture it on a future Princess of Monaco.

Marie-Pelline was the daughter of Prince Antoine I of Monaco.

Marie-Pelline was the daughter of Prince Antoine I of Monaco.

I don't know why I sometimes see her name translated as Pelline or Peline because her given name was Maria Paolina Theresa Devota(this was back before the Grimaldi's always used the French forms of names).

I don't know if it's been mentioned but maybe they will throw Claudine somewhere among the name. Claudine was the name of the first female ruler of Monaco because they had the title of sovereign princes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudine,_Lady_of_Monaco

Last edited:
I don't know why I sometimes see her name translated as Pelline or Peline because her given name was Maria Paolina Theresa Devota(this was back before the Grimaldi's always used the French forms of names).

I don't know if it's been mentioned but maybe they will throw Claudine somewhere among the name. Claudine was the name of the first female ruler of Monaco because they had the title of sovereign princes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudine,_Lady_of_Monaco

Shouldn t the french translation of the name Paolina be Pauline?

Shouldn t the french translation of the name Paolina be Pauline?

I have never heard of the name Pelline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never heard of the name Pelline.

I hadn't either, so I wondered if it even was a name, and yes it is :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granville_Leveson-Gower,_2nd_Earl_Granville

Wife of Granville Leveson-Gower, 2nd Earl Granville was named Marie Louise Pelline de Dalberg

:flowers:

oh, we even have a picture of this Pelline: http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/portraitLarge/mw117654/Marie-Louise-Pelline-ne-de-Dalberg-Countess-Granville?LinkID=mp84376&role=sit&rNo=0

Last edited:
I think baby boy

Boy :
Rainier
Albert
Jean
Louis

Girl :
Grace
Louise
Antoinette

For a girl
Alice, Alexandra, Marie

For a boy

Charles, françois as Prince François of grimaldi, Florestan.

I am still thinking Grace or Antoinette for a girl (but preferably Grace Antoinette in one) and and Charles for a boy (Prince Charles of Monaco sounds so dashing, but it might be too close to Charlène?).

If they want to be a little less traditional and a little more edgy, I'm thinking Maxence, Hercule, Edouard or Gaston for a boy and Margaux, Athénaïs, Françoise or Joséphine for a girl.

I like Melisande for a girl.

That's a great guess. It's an old name, yet it sounds very modern and refreshing. Princess Melisande of Monaco has a lovely ring to it as well. But I may just be biased because I really love the name Melisande :D

Boy:

Rainier Antonio Louis Jacques Albert Grimaldi

• Sovereign Prince Rainier IV of Monaco •

Girl:

Louise Charlotte Grace Marie Charlene Grimaldi

• Sovereign Princess Louise II of Monaco •

His Grace, The Duke

I think it may be a boy because Charlene wears blue cloths many times .

and there is an another reason, I always thought that Albert would change the law of sucession before the birth of the child if they would have a girl as first child , she would be the heriditary princess even the second child would be a boy.

He did not do it like in the other monarchies, I think it is a boy and now he has the time to change the law for the next generation .

mmmm Charlene wore the blue because it is the color of the "fight against autism" and as we have seen many times the color is not a reliable source :). Princess Victoria has worn blue many times duing herpregnancy and she had a girl.... Kate wore pink and she had a boy...

Since the recent interviews in Ola etc i'm pretty convinced that it's gonna be twins, and imo i'd be really cool if the godparents would be P.Albert's two sisters and P.Charlene's two brothers...

Names i'm still not sure, but i think the boy-baby (imo they will be boy/girl) will get a first name traditional to the Monaco princely family (like Louis Rainier) and the girl-baby a name from Charlene's family, maybe Lynette
Louis&Lynette has a certain ring to it ;)

Can't change my vote on the poll but now I've came back to my original thoght: twins.

Boy and girl: Ranier Henri Michael and Marguerite Marie Lynette

Godparents: Charlotte and one of Charlene's brother for the boy. Caroline and the other brother for the girl

If it is in fact twins, and Albert has not instigated a change re: the law about a male heir, I would tend to think that it is twin BOYS. Though he might be reluctant because if that had been in place 50 years ago, Caroline would be the Princesse de Monaco.

I hope it's same-sex twins. If it's girl/boy twins where the girl arrives first yet is surpassed in the line of succession by her younger brother, I will just get fed up with it all. But I reckon if it's one of each and Charlène has a Caesarean, they will make sure that the boy is delivered before the girl.

Boy/boy: Charles Rainier Louis and Florestan Pierre Michel

Boy/girl: Charles Rainier Louis and Antoinette Grace Caroline

Girl/girl: Antoinette Grace Caroline and Joséphine Sylvie Marguerite

Godparents: I hope they throw Princess Caroline in there. She has been Hereditary Princess for so long and even first lady of Monaco, I think she deserves becoming godmother to one of the children. I will also be pleasantly surprised if Queen Máxima is chosen as godmother. IIRC, she doesn't have all that many royal godchildren.

I'm thinking twins more and more ..

Grace Charlette Louise Devote
Rainier Albert Louis Michael

Godparents:
Pauline and Charlene's brother and a Catholic female friend.
Charlotte and Charlene's other brother and a Catholic male friend.

Boy called Charles and girl called Alice.
2 boys Charles and rainier
2 girls Alice and Grace

Okay, my godparents suggestions for child # 2:

Jazmin Grace Rotolo Grimaldi, Princess Stephanie, Gareth Wittstock and friends.

My name suggestions:

HSH Princess Juliette Silvie Charléne of Monaco
HSH Prince Florestan Brian Albert of Monaco

I'll have to think of boys' pairings

Girl pairings I like:

Brigitte and Cecile
Elisabeth and Christiane
Isabelle and Silvie

Boy-Girl Pairings

Charles and Helene
David and Isabelle
Phillippe and Sophie

2 Boys : Prince Rainier & Prince Louis
2 Girls : Princess Louise & Princess Antoinette
Boy & Girl : Prince Rainier & Princess Louise

Godparents : I'd love to see Queen Letizia acting as 1 of the godparents,I think it may be her 1st?

For a boy: Florestan Michael Albert
For a girl: Patricia Lynette Charlene.
Godparents: Pauline Ducruet and Sean Wittstock.

My updates:
Eventual second boy: Rainier John Gareth
Eventual second girl: Adelaide Grace Elizabeth
Godparents of the second baby: Andrea Casiraghi and some female cousin of Charlene.

Boy/girl twins

Boy: Antoine Albert Rainier
Girl: Eleonore Alice Grace

Every other royal family in Europe seems to have a Leonor/Leonore/Eleonore, etc., so why not Monaco?

For two girls: princess Louise and princess Marguerite
For two boys: prince Paul and prince Charles
For a girl and a boy: princess Louise and prince Charles

For godparents:
For the hereditary prince or princess: Prince Haakon of Norway (is he catholic?), King Felipe of Spain and Queen Maxima of the Netherland

For the other little prince or princess: princess Stephanie of Monaco, Garrett Wittstock and Chris Levine

Last edited by a moderator:
Would they be allowed to throw in a Non-catholic royal as a godparent?

Maxima is not Catholic as she converted when she married Willem did she not?

Edit: Just read that apparently she did not convert.

:previous: In Belgium, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is godmother of Eléonore and she's not catholic. But Eléonore does have her two catholic godparents in Princess Claire and Count Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg. I suppose the twins would have to have two catholic godparents, but it would definitely be possible for them to have additional non-catholic godparents as well.

I'll put a $20 on twin boys.. or has that ship sailed now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom