The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Nobility

Since we're discussing their children, how about mentioning possible names? Louise, Louise-Hippolyte or Claudine would be nice because she would be able to reign as Louise II, Louise-Hippolyte II or Claudine II. If all three of those names fail, Grace would also be nice. Name of any previous ruler of Monaco would be suitable for a boy, but I believe they would opt either for Rainier (Rainier IV) or Louis (Louis III).

Old 06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Apologies but Charlene will "not" become the stepmother of Jaz or eric as she has not nor will I supoose adopt them legally.Charlene will be the wife of their father.If she becomes their stepmother which is a common misconception then she also has rights and responsibilities over their upbringing equal to their mother's rights.
I think that we have different definitions of "stepmother" working here. I am using "stepmother" in the aspect of "the wife of the biological father who is not the biological mother of the child in question."

My grandfather remarried well after the death of his first wife, who was my father's mother. Although my own father was, at that time, himself married and raising a family, my grandfather's wife became my father's stepmother.

"Stepmother" in no way implies, suggests, confers or provides legal responsibilities on an individual. It is an appellation, nothing more and nothing less.

"Stepmother" does not mean a "plus mom" or "extra mom."

Charlene, as the wife of their biological father, becomes the stepmother to these two children. Exactly what that means in this situation is entirely up to the parties involved. In particular, it will be the decision of the primary parent, the mother of each of the children, to decide the level of involvement of Ms. Wittestock in the life of her child.

(Right now, the turgid little drama of Jude Law and Sienna Miller is following this line, vis a vis Jude's children with former wife Sadie Frost, and Ms. Miller's liberties with Ms. Frost's children playing out on these lines. One all can't be as adult about these things as are the Crown Princely couple of Norway, sadly.)

If this is in any way unclear to you, please let me know. I've tried to amplify my post so as to avoid confusion.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Courtier

I think I'd agree with NAP's definition of stepmother. From the Oxford Dictionary:
Quote:
Noun A woman who is married to one’s father after the divorce of one’s parents or the death of one’s mother.
What you're talking about Jaya is an adopted mother. Completely different kettle of fish.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotroman View Post
Since we're discussing their children, how about mentioning possible names? Louise, Louise-Hippolyte or Claudine would be nice because she would be able to reign as Louise II, Louise-Hippolyte II or Claudine II. If all three of those names fail, Grace would also be nice. Name of any previous ruler of Monaco would be suitable for a boy, but I believe they would opt either for Rainier (Rainier IV) or Louis (Louis III).
Good choices, all. I would think that "Louis" would be "out" as a first name, as Stephanie's son is named that (although there could be little to no confusion between the children with such a wide variation in age.)

I do love the traditional, "old-fashioned" names.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Nobility

You are right, of course. I haven't even thought of Stephanie's son. Rainier is the most likely choice because Rainier III was (one of) the most successful rulers of Monaco.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder what name they would choose if a boy or girl?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Aristocracy

Charlene will be their Stepmother when she marries their father. If I were Charlene I would try to develop a cordial relationship with the mothers in order for them to be comfortable for the children to visit their father. I would get to know Jazmin as a young lady and I would look after Alexander when he is around. She would be surprised how much the children would like her and be comfortable with their father and their younger siblings. I know what I am talking about my mother did it for my fathers children and they love her for it.

When my father's children were around my mother never treated them any differently from her own children. They were all born before their marriage. Only one child's mother was difficult and that is the one I am not close to. We are now trying to build a relationship.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Heir Apparent

PA has - at least - a financial responsibility towards his illegitimate children, and not one he desired from the outset.

And he had to navigate his way around his father!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I know they haven't got married yet, but i'm so excited to see if Albert will have a child!
Albert already has two . Jaz and Eric So you are excited for the one he may have a she starts a family with Charlene.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Yes, i didn't explain myself correctly, sorry.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Nobility

A hypothetical question:
Let's say that Albert marries Charlene and they have two sons, and then their marriage ends (due to divorce or her death). Then Albert marries Alexandre's mother. Under current laws, such marriage would grant Alexandre succession rights. But would it make him heir apparent? Would he rank above his half-brothers (Charlene's sons) in the line of succession?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy

I know I am a little off topic here but on another Forum I saw where Alexander's mother launged her charity and she is also the patron of Ms. Afrique. Part of the money went to her charity and the other to the First Lady of I think Cameron. If you google Nicole Coste you will see it.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Nobility

I saw NC. I thought that CW can't have a child.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
I saw NC. I thought that CW can't have a child.
I'm sorry, can you please translate this?

You saw NC - does that mean North Carolina? You think that CW - Charlene Wittstock - can't have a child?

Can you please provide the source of your data for the second statement? It's a rather extraordinary assertion.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post

You saw NC - does that mean North Carolina? You think that CW - Charlene Wittstock - can't have a child?

Can you please provide the source of your data for the second statement? It's a rather extraordinary assertion.
Yes, I, too, wonder where she got her information. The hypothetical question is even more incredulous. If he has children with Charlene, they will be the heirs, otherwise it will be Caroline's children. Alexandre doesn't stand a chance.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
A hypothetical question:
Let's say that Albert marries Charlene and they have two sons, and then their marriage ends (due to divorce or her death). Then Albert marries Alexandre's mother. Under current laws, such marriage would grant Alexandre succession rights. But would it make him heir apparent? Would he rank above his half-brothers (Charlene's sons) in the line of succession?

No to all the questions and it wouldn't give Alexandre succession rights anyway, according to my understanding. Before the constitution was updated/amended/re-written in 2002, marrying his mother would have done that. However that has since been altered. Now the only children that can inherit are legitimate children born to a marriage between Prince Albert and his wife OR Princess Caroline's children if Albert has no legitimate children. Marrying Alexandre's mother will not legitimize any claims the child may have to the Monegasque throne, as it were.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Some interesting flights of fancy....

The Monegasque constitution has dealt with all that, and I doubt that the French Government would agree to another change to it.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post

NC mean Nicole Coste not North Carolina if you take her first letter in her name it start with the letter N then you take her second last name letter it start with C. Now you understand what NC stand for it short for Nicole Coste. Just like CW stand for Charlene Wittstock. NOW YOU UNDERSTAND. I heard she was damage from accident swimming. OK!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
NC mean Nicole Coste not North Carolina if you take her first letter in her name it start with the letter N then you take her second last name letter it start with C. Now you understand what NC stand for it short for Nicole Coste. Just like CW stand for Charlene Wittstock. NOW YOU UNDERSTAND. I heard she was damage from accident swimming. OK!

What bee flew into your bonnet?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
A hypothetical question:

Yes, it would take some doing with an annullment from Charlene which would make any of their children illegitimate in the eyes of the Church. Tamara was married when Jazmin was born however, she was not married in the Catholic church and if they married the church could bless the marriage as with Nicole. This would place Jazmin or Alexandre in the line of succession. All hypothetical if it was going to happen it would have by now. I'm going to wait and see if Albert has a child with Charlene if he changes things so that child doesn't take the throne but passes it to his sister. He didn't want the position so its hard to believe he would want it to fall on one of his own. A reason I've said he hadn't married yet and had legitimate children.