Albert's Residence?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harold

Nobility
City
New York
Country
United States
Does Prince Albert spend most of his time at the palace in Monaco or somewhere else? I seem to recall that the family has an apartment in Paris and other homes around the south of France.

Does Prince Albert spend most of his time at the palace in Monaco or somewhere else? I seem to recall that the family has an apartment in Paris and other homes around the south of France.

My understanding is that he inherited the chateau outside of Paris, that he retained his apartment in Monaco, and I believe kept an apartment in Paris as well. Anyone else know of any others?

My understanding is that he inherited the chateau outside of Paris, that he retained his apartment in Monaco, and I believe kept an apartment in Paris as well. Anyone else know of any others?

I believe that Rainier also bequeathed Roc Agel to Albert.

I heard he live mostly in Roc Angel.

Yes, that is right! PA lives mostly in Roc Angel and The Palace is now Charlene's offical residence. If you don't believe me, she said it herself!

Prince Albert inherited RocAgel after his father. When Rainer and Grace were alive, the Grimaldis spent weekends at this property. It in la Turbie in mountains, quite close to Monaco. I wonder if someone has some pictures of this estate. Albert is said to prefer spend time in this property than in the Princely palace.

Prince Albert inherited RocAgel after his father. When Rainer and Grace were alive, the Grimaldis spent weekends at this property. It in la Turbie in mountains, quite close to Monaco. I wonder if someone has some pictures of this estate. Albert is said to prefer spend time in this property than in the Princely palace.

I think that he prefere his plane : Falcon, because he love travelling... the plane is his home

It has been said in Point du Vue that Caroline maintains an apartment overlooking the Champ de Mars, which she and Stefano had made a home and which the Casiraghis continue making use of today. Does anyone know more about Albert's apartment in Paris, such as whether it also overlooks the Champ de Mars (perhaps in the same building) or whether it is on Avenue Foch or elsewhere? I remember having read something about Princess Grace and Prince Rainier having an apartment on Avenue Foch.

That chateau you mentioned is the chateau Marchais in Picardie. :huh:

Last edited:
Roc Agel is PA's main residence. One in Paris, Ave Foch (from his mother) and another in the palace where he keeps making changes towards a younger, more energetic crowd.
R.

Roc Agel is PA's main residence. One in Paris, Ave Foch (from his mother) and another in the palace where he keeps making changes towards a younger, more energetic crowd.
R.

Thanks Rosalee,

But what do you mean exactly? I know he is making some renovations at the palace, but I'm not sure you are referring structurely or something else?

If I were him I would make sure to have a big bathtub with a big window that looked out to the ocean! :) I don't know if that is possible, I have no idea how the residence is set up! That would probably be dangerous if it were me, I'd probably just want to live in the bathtub -- I'm a bit like Margo in the "Royal Tannenbaum's" as it is!:D I can spend a great deal of time there even w/o the view.:D

Thanks Rosalee,

But what do you mean exactly? I know he is making some renovations at the palace, but I'm not sure you are referring structurely or something else?

If I were him I would make sure to have a big bathtub with a big window that looked out to the ocean! :) I don't know if that is possible, I have no idea how the residence is set up! That would probably be dangerous if it were me, I'd probably just want to live in the bathtub -- I'm a bit like Margo in the "Royal Tannenbaum's" as it is!:D I can spend a great deal of time there even w/o the view.:D

I recall reading after his father passed on, that he had dump trucks of sand delivered to site behind his apartment for "beach volleyball" on the palace grounds and made some changes to the pool since PR left everything the same since PG died. Also reno's to the interior of the palace.

Sandsla .. have a great long weekend !:flowers:

R.

I recall reading after his father passed on, that he had dump trucks of sand delivered to site behind his apartment for "beach volleyball" on the palace grounds and made some changes to the pool since PR left everything the same since PG died. Also reno's to the interior of the palace.

R.
I read it was Roc Agel not the Palace. And that Albert took pride in the fact the living room at the Palace was still the same as his mother decorated it. A photo of it and discription is in the Palace thread if anyone is interested.

R.

Thanks Rosalee! You too!

And thanks for the info, I do think I remember reading that as well but was unsure of which property he was adding the Beach Volleyball. Your previous statement makes perfect sense now.:flowers:

I guess about a year ago it was reported that he is adding a wing onto the palace. This was part of the marriage speculation but according to a statement from the palace it is to provide more office space and allow for more modern technology to be installed. Maybe someone can dig up the info on it.

I also read about the sand for the volley ball at Roc Angel.

Glistening Seas

:) At one time there was pics with PSS GRACE and the childrens with cows as well as with horses. were they all taken in the same place?:shamrock::happyeaster: It appears that at one time it "might' have been a working farm?? Do they use the grounds for "farming' still or could it be a grazing site? or is it simply in transition while they persue looking as to what they could grow there that would be suitable and profitable and useful to the family or Monaco. Or, perhaps the rules preclude anything of that type from being persued???:popcorn::rainbow:

I think he uses the office his mother had in the palace and has left it the same way she had it, books, papers and all. I shall try and find the article. I think it is in an interview attached to the Monaco website.

I understood some reno's at the palace had to do with increasing technology as well and adding some things for the maintenance staff which would simplify things for them. And also some lans type connections for tracking inventory.

CNN.com - Transcripts

Hi !

I know that the royal family had an estate with horses. Caroline, Albert and Stephanie have spent their childhood. I do not know what it is called. This is Stephanie who has inherited from the property. Roc Agel ??Unaware that the prince has a arpartement in Monaco. I thought he was living in palace. In any case, I think he lives in Monaco.

Does anyone know if PA is making any changes in the palace which reflect any possible marriage? It would be indicated in something, right?

He lives in his palace apartment now but where else does he officially live?
Does Charlene live with him or is she still down the street in a rental cottage?

Who lives at roc agel???

Last edited by a moderator:
Angeline, Roc Angel is the family's country estate, Prince
Albert often spends the weekends there and when Grace
was still alive the whole family spent a lot of time there
as well.

Charlene said in an interview with German magazine Bunte
early this summer that she lived in a house in Monaco, but
I don't think we would get a more precise answer to that
question, as Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock keep those
details very private..

Angeline, Roc Angel is the family's country estate, Prince
Albert often spends the weekends there and when Grace
was still alive the whole family spent a lot of time there
as well.

Charlene said in an interview with German magazine Bunte
early this summer that she lived in a house in Monaco, but
I don't think we would get a more precise answer to that
question, as Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock keep those
details very private..

PA stays at Roc Angel during the weekends with the exception when he is travelling.

Yes, that is right! PA lives mostly in Roc Angel and The Palace is now Charlene's offical residence. If you don't believe me, she said it herself!

:ermm: I'm going to step out on a distant limb here and presume that this is nothing more than wishful thinking. The Palace announced the engagement of The Prince and Miss Wittstock on June 23, 2010. Which means until that point, Charlene could not be viewed as "official" in the palace. Now call me old-fashioned (especially considering the fact that The Prince has not one, but two illegitimate children), but for the couple to begin "making house" without the solemnity of marriage is not only a slap in the face to the Roman Catholic religion of their state (Monaco), but also yet another "black eye" to the sovereignty of Monaco in the eyes of royal Europe (which I believe explains why not one single royal of note graced the wedding of his parents). :sad:

Wow! I also find this hard to believe. The Monegasques seem to be very old fashioned and the local priest would blow his top. Surely, Albert would just rent her an apartment nearby.

I bumped here in hope to see pics of Roc Agel finally. I am still searching the internet to find them. I really want to see how the main building in Roc Agel looks like. I have no luck so far :) :castle3:

I bumped here in hope to see pics of Roc Agel finally. I am still searching the internet to find them. I really want to see how the main building in Roc Agel looks like. I have no luck so far :) :castle3:
There are photos of it here on the board. I posted one myself years back of Albert sitting on the balcony rail. Check this thread in the Royal Library you may find some by Howell Conant its all photos.

:ermm: I'm going to step out on a distant limb here and presume that this is nothing more than wishful thinking. The Palace announced the engagement of The Prince and Miss Wittstock on June 23, 2010. Which means until that point, Charlene could not be viewed as "official" in the palace. Now call me old-fashioned (especially considering the fact that The Prince has not one, but two illegitimate children), but for the couple to begin "making house" without the solemnity of marriage is not only a slap in the face to the Roman Catholic religion of their state (Monaco), but also yet another "black eye" to the sovereignty of Monaco in the eyes of royal Europe (which I believe explains why not one single royal of note graced the wedding of his parents). :sad:

I don't think that is the case at all. Even if they were living together before marriage they would hardly be the first royal couple to do so. The Crown Prince and Princess of Norway lived together before marrying. Was that a 'slap in the face' to the Church of Norway? Neither can I see how that says anything about the sovereignty of Monaco -it has been a sovereign principality long before many modern European monarchies existed. Royals attending the weddings of other royals was not as expected in the past as it is now. No one seemed to mind inviting the Grimaldis to their own wedding festivities. The only thing, I think, that has been a factor is that the Grimaldis are not technically "royalty". The Prince of Monaco may occupy the same place and even have more actual authority than almost any other monarch in Europe but he is not technically "royalty" and that matters to some people. In the case of Great Britain (see the uproar over Diana's funeral) it matters *alot*.

In all the centuries of the Grimaldi reign very few weddings have been held in Monaco itself and of those that were I cannot think of any major royals attending, until recently it just wasn't something that was expected.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Bones, if you want to get technical about it, the Grimaldis are as much Royalty as all those who hold the title of Royal Highness. They just didn't take the title for themselves as others did. You have to go back in history to learn how everyone got their titles. Rainiers parents were cousins and they share the same ancestry as the other Royal Houses.

Bones, to more traditional Catholics (which isn't me - I'm very liberally Catholic ;)) living together is frowned upon because of the temptation it can lead to. There is no official teaching from the Catholic church on living together before marriage (only on sleeping together, to put it nicely :lol:) and it is not a canonical reason to deny a marriage, however I think you'd be hard pressed to find many members of the Roman Catholic clergy who would recommend living together before marriage because of the temptation it can bring. And they generally deny arguments of convenience, it being economical or it being a period of "bonding". There's also the reasoning many clergy would give you of it causing scandal. Remembering of course that most of our church's clergy is rather... stuffy. :lol: ;)

Bones, if you want to get technical about it, the Grimaldis are as much Royalty as all those who hold the title of Royal Highness. They just didn't take the title for themselves as others did. You have to go back in history to learn how everyone got their titles. Rainiers parents were cousins and they share the same ancestry as the other Royal Houses.

But they don't hold the title. Like little Liechtenstein they are HSH not HRH. It was Honore II who took the title of "prince" (before which the title was simply 'seigneur de monaco') and the kings of Spain and France recognized this. As for Prince Pierre and Princess Charlotte, I never heard of them being cousins but I don't see how that matters. Best as I recall, before Princess Caroline, no Grimaldi ever married royalty though they at times married noble ladies with some royal connections.

I consider them royalty, most everyone in the world considers them royalty but for the title-conscious elites in some royal courts it matters that they are not, even if to no one else but them.

Bones, to more traditional Catholics (which isn't me - I'm very liberally Catholic ;)) living together is frowned upon because of the temptation it can lead to. There is no official teaching from the Catholic church on living together before marriage (only on sleeping together, to put it nicely :lol:) and it is not a canonical reason to deny a marriage, however I think you'd be hard pressed to find many members of the Roman Catholic clergy who would recommend living together before marriage because of the temptation it can bring. And they generally deny arguments of convenience, it being economical or it being a period of "bonding". There's also the reasoning many clergy would give you of it causing scandal. Remembering of course that most of our church's clergy is rather... stuffy. :lol: ;)

I don't really understand how this is a response to anything I said. I know living together is frowned upon and I certainly never said the Catholic clergy would recommend such a thing. I just don't think it would be taken as a direct insult to the Church and the religion of the Monegasque minority for Prince Albert and Charlene to have possibly co-habitated like so many others in modern society (whether officially Catholic or Protestant) do all the time. Maybe the padres are a little harsh where you live but my experience is that they teach what they teach but don't get very worked up when individuals fall short.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pointing out what I thought their thinking behind may be. And I never said harsh I just meant that my experience of clergy was that they acted in a way that might be considered stuffy by others because of their traditional values. It wasn't my personal opinion. It was actually the jokey part of my post. My apologies. I have a habit of being vague. I'll go hide in my cave now.

Back
Top Bottom