Albert's Residence?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Monegasques are very conservative. They would not be happy. In fact, if that happened in the White House it would be a big scandal. It hasn't been that long ago that it was a big deal for the President or his wife to have been previously married. eg. the Reagans. It's also very difficult for a single person to get elected President. I can only think of widowers having done so.

There are photos of it here on the board. I posted one myself years back of Albert sitting on the balcony rail. Check this thread in the Royal Library you may find some by Howell Conant its all photos.
Thanks, LadyMacAlpine. I tried searching Royal Library but I couldn't find anything; it looks I am not good in searching things online. Yap,I also remember this pic of Albert sitting on balcony, it was Paris Match pic, I am not mixing up things again.

I have read that he does not stay in the palace because he is lonely there, he prefers to stay at his apartment. No longer will he be lonely, after his wedding and hopefully children!

I can understand why he would be lonely in a palace, but if Charlene stays with him in his apartment, surely she has spent some time in the palace.

I suspect PA will be a bit like his father - they couldn't wait to get out of Monaco and up to Roc Agel, to let their hair down and have a good time. No need to get lonely , up in the mountains...

As to Charlene, I seem to recall a quote from her, stating that she "lives in the Palace". This could mean many things. She might have a suite there, and/or an office.

I have no idea how Google Street View works, but it might be worth trying out. I don't know whether the French and/or Monaco have given permission for Google S.V. to be used there. The Germans initially were against granting permission, but that seems to have been resolved.
Google Street View - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBC News - French find e-mail passwords in Google Street View data French find email passwords in Google Street View

Roc Agel is in France, not Monaco, so try the map.
Google Map of Monaco - Nations Online Project

I have no idea how Google Street View works, but it might be worth trying out. I don't know whether the French and/or Monaco have given permission for Google S.V. to be used there. The Germans initially were against granting permission, but that seems to have been resolved.
Google Street View - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBC News - French find e-mail passwords in Google Street View data French find email passwords in Google Street View

Roc Agel is in France, not Monaco, so try the map.
Google Map of Monaco - Nations Online Project

Thank you, I was able to find Mount Agel, were Roc Agel is located, but I could not ID the actual house.

From what I can remember, R.A. is/was a ranch-style building, with horses and livestock.

It was described as "une ancienne bergerie" by Jean-Michel Gomez ( (6) Roc Agel )
(un berger - a shepherd)

:previous: Yes, I imagine Roc Agel is to Prince Albert what Camp David is to the President here.

Roc Agek is a privat house, Prince Rainier and Prince Grace bought it before the birth of Princess Caroline and Prince Albert uses to go every evening during the spring and the summer.

I haven't posted in sometime. Just lurked.
Hello everyone
I saw in a recent post that a poster said that PA dose not live at the palace anymore.. Is this true???

The Palace is his official residence.
Roc Agel is his private country home.
But Roc Agel is not far from Monaco, so he can frequently go there for some peace and quiet if he wants to.

The Palace is his official residence.
Roc Agel is his private country home.
But Roc Agel is not far from Monaco, so he can frequently go there for some peace and quiet if he wants to.

Absolutely, dear he can have some peace and quiet

I am no expert at all on the Princely Family of Monaco but I do know about the residence at Roc Agel and I also know that Prince Rainier and Princess Grace certainly had a large and 'fitting' house in Paris as well. I do not know whether this remains in Grimaldi hands now, so perhaps an expert can assist?

Alex

There is the Marchais estate near Paris...

I don't think Marchais is his Parisian residence. It's about 135 km / 84 miles (east) from Paris.

Grace and Rainier had a townhouse on the Square de l' Avenue Foch (info from the book of Christian de Massy). But I don't know if the Grimaldi's still have it. I think I read it has been sold.

I guess Albert has an appartment in Paris or stays in a hotel when he's there.

Last edited:
I don't think Marchais is his Parisian residence. It's about 135 km / 84 miles (east) from Paris.

Grace and Rainier had a townhouse on the Square de l' Avenue Foch (info from the book of Christian de Massy). But I don't know if the Grimaldi's still have it. I think I read it has been sold.

I guess Albert has an appartment in Paris or stays in a hotel when he's there.
Renata said near Paris. He did have an apartment in Paris where Nicole lived.

Have the renovations on the Palais Princier been completed? Are Albert & Charlene living there now, or still commuting from Roc Agel to the Palais for work and official functions only?

What arrondissement in Paris does Prince Albert have his apartment?

Diarist said:
I am no expert at all on the Princely Family of Monaco but I do know about the residence at Roc Agel and I also know that Prince Rainier and Princess Grace certainly had a large and 'fitting' house in Paris as well. I do not know whether this remains in Grimaldi hands now, so perhaps an expert can assist?

Alex

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-ernst-augusts-homes-7965-10.html#post1399282

Your question is answered in post 188

Last edited:
Yes, that is right! PA lives mostly in Roc Angel and The Palace is now Charlene's official residence. If you don't believe me, she said it herself!

Oh my, this is so sad! Why would he not want to live where his babies are? I had not heard this before, I suppose I did assume he lived at the Palace and keeps an office there.

Since Grace and Rainier have both been gone, and in the case of sweet Grace, gone so darn long, I haven't paid as much attention to goings-on in Monaco. I followed the official Palace FaceBook page for a while but there was so much info and so much if it is in French (my french is terrible), I kind of gave up.

I became re-interested in the family again a bit in 2011 with the wedding, but more so with Pierre and Beatrice's delightful wedding, I have "watched" a bit. I do find Caroline's kids a bit more interesting. :)

Roc Agel was a happy place for him, growing up. I am glad it doesn't make Albert sad to be there, but I will be very cranky if he is not being a present father for his babies. I am fully convinced that his Mother, who so adored children, would wring his neck for how he treated his first two (I always want to be careful on this subject and not a gossip). Albert sometimes confuses me, maybe he is just really shy?

I guess Albert has an apartment in Paris or stays in a hotel when he's there.

What is the large home (unsure what it is properly called) that belonged to Prince Rainier's Mother, I think I remember that she left that place to Princess Caroline? Marchais sounded familiar but my brain is not quite "in gear" today, I apologize. Grace lived with the girls on Avenue Foch and when I can get up I will fetch my books, see if I can help in that area. I have about 50, about Grace and Monaco and the Grimaldi Family/Dynasty, so I should say I will fetch a book or two :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Marchais belongs to Prince Albert and Albert has a townhouse avenue Foch in Paris

Do the Princely family still use the Château de Marchais near Laon?

Yes, Albert and Charlene with Gabriella and Jacques were during the easter holidays at the Chateau de Marchais

The chateau belongs to Prince Albert as prince soverein and chief of the Grimaldi family

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't Prince Albert basically own all the homes in Monaco?

Back
Top Bottom