Albert's Life in Sports

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glisteing Seas

:) So-o-o thaaat's how PA has benn streamling himself. It seems that he's lost some serious weight in the christmas pics in the bathing suit. thaaat's pretty cool!!!:easterbunny:

Glistening Seas

OMG whaaat beautiful pics this is the first time seeing these. Were they taken in St Moritz?? Only because the scenery is breathtaking superb pics!!!:)

Glistening seas

:) PA is probably very good at tennis the pics are su-perb!!! :ROFLMAO: the bobsled one is my fav too!!

Glistening Seas

:lol: must admit that one seems quite the opposite expression one would imagine seeing during a tennis match. tee hee!!! Those darn camera's have the tendency to take pictures at the most improper times!!! oh whaaat fun!!! the other pics is nice though. :D

Glistening Seas

:flowers: whoa!!! great pics queen of the light! Could you please elaborate what was the first pic and what PA was doing?? was he in the ocean?? if so, what sport was he competing in. We are not familiar with the type of equipment he was using in that photo??? We are not familiar with PA sports background or sports of too many different kinds and this one is most interesting, indeed!!! :bee::heartflower:

Paris Dakar #23

Unfortunately, didn't find photos of Albert and a car, but found some others from 1985 Paris Dakar rally..including Albert seating in Mitsubishi (car he raced with), and with co-driver Jean-Pierre Marsan..:) ;)
Paris Dakar
Paris Dakar 2
Paris Dakar 3

Source; dpa

We forgot to number it now its 23 with his car and I have one more to follow taken after the car broke down.

Paris Dakar 4
Paris Dakar 5

Copyright Source: G Lukomski

Paris Dakar 6
Source G Lukomski
I reloaded the photo's from our posts.
New photo's I received today.
Paris Dakar 7
Paris Dakar 8
Paris Dakar 9
Paris Dakar 10
Paris Dakar 11
Paris Dakar 12
Paris Dakar 13 this one was lost by Tinypic of Albert and Caroline who was also in the race.

Glistening Seas

:) mah-velous pics although all are wonderful the favs are the one of pa sitting in car writing and pics 11,12. even coated in dirt he looks great!!! Terrific curly hair!!! :heartflower::butterfly::bee:

Javelin #26

Iceflower we have a new one for the list.
Javelin Amherst College

All Amherst photo's of Albert, and stretching before a run. He was on the track team for cross country and trained in Javelin throwing.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5
I had trouble with the scanner for color and blur.

Glistening Seas

:) So surprising to learn that PA was into the Javalin when he was at amherst.
:polarbear: Simply wasn't familiar too much with his activities back then.
:parrot:Out of curiousity we all have heard it's a wonderful college no doubt.
:butterfly: But, what was the driving force behind the decision for Pss. Grace and Ranier to pick Amherst out of all the different colleges to pick from?? :bee:the pics of Pa Stretching were in front of a home--did perhaps PSS. Grace and Ranier have a home for PA out there....or was PA preferring to college dorm:ladybug::rose2: life?!

the pics of Pa Stretching were in front of a home--did perhaps PSS. Grace and Ranier have a home for PA out there....or was PA preferring to college dorm life?!
The photo's were taken on the Campus and he lived in the dorms.

Addition Volleyball #14

These were taken at Monte Carlo Beach sometime after he obtained his baccalauréat in 1976 and September 1977 when he began Amherst.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Glistening Seas

:ROFLMAO: Greaaaat pics! volley ball is indeed a fav sport.

i:bee:it seems amaaazing that PA can manage to never catch a burn as much time as he spends out doors.:lol: Meanwhile the rest of us bake out in the sun?? great kelly genes?? do you suppose?:bee::rose:

Re:Addition Volleyball

Albert was so handsome. I wish he could keep his shape.

It very hard to stay in shape when your eating the wrong foods.

Glisteing Seas

:flowers: Was trying to find the belga links; but, PA is working on getting streamlined and the pics from Christmas to the recent shows he is getting streamlined. :bee::rose:

Glistening Seas

:D tee hee great pics :previous:what year where these taken in???

:rose: they are beautiful!!
:rose2:Does anyone know why the illustrious PA is wearing a diving outfit?? everyone is dressed in bathing suits was..... it cold?? or was it something else??
:butterfly: Anyhow.... good job on the pics!:bee::heartflower:

Glistening Seas

:flowers: it's concurred PA does look pretty good there!!!
:sun:Even if these aren't recent he has been getting more streamlined has appeared in some of his recent pics. :thistle::bee:

Not exactly dignified for a Head of State, though....

Maybe :), but how long ago were these pictures taken? And in all seriousness was he probably just taking a stretch like most swimmers do? I can't really tell the story there from that one picture, does anyone else know why or what Albert was doing at the time? Was it an event or was he just getting in a swim somewhere? Queenoflight you posted these pictures I think, maybe you can tell us where they were from, now that others have me more curious? :D

Glistening Seas

:flowers: More than likely, the swim pics PA probably wasn't even aware they were being taken??
:sun:He looks deep in thought or perhaps stretching in preperation to go into water?:thistle::bee::butterfly:

Was Prince Albert involved in rowing like his grandfather John Brendan Kelly Sr. and his uncle John Brendan Kelly Jr.?

Was Prince Albert involved in rowing like his grandfather John Brendan Kelly Sr. and his uncle John Brendan Kelly Jr.?

Yes. Wikipedia: "Albert was an enthusiastic sportsman, participating in cross country, javelin throwing, handball, judo, swimming, tennis, rowing, sailing, skiing, squash and fencing."

Yes. Wikipedia: "Albert was an enthusiastic sportsman, participating in cross country, javelin throwing, handball, judo, swimming, tennis, rowing, sailing, skiing, squash and fencing."
I think he once mentioned in the interview (the one which is on Youtube in parts, where one of the parts is about his relationship with mother) that he also took part in modern pentathlon (he's an honorary president of the UIPM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom