Albert's Life in Sports

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tbhrc said:
Thank you very much Lady M. Those pics are great!!!!
You're welcome thanks for telling me how to do it.

Football/soccer

Little Albert playing football.. (own collection)

e0j4b5.jpg
e0pj78.jpg

P.S. I'll posted photo you asked! ;)

Last edited:
All the monaco royals are crazy about football. i dont blame them its a gr8 sport

Ianna said:
Little Albert playing football.. (own collection)

P.S. I'll posted photo you asked! ;)
Looks better together :)

Weight Lifting No. 19

AAGB002153.jpg

AAGB002154.jpg

Weight lifting. He had a nice tan then. Corbis

Last edited:
Ianna said:
I found this cute photo of Albert and Caroline enjoying karting at Antibes, 1971:)

Where is the photo?

RADKER18 said:
Ianna said:
I found this cute photo of Albert and Caroline enjoying karting at Antibes, 1971:)

Where is the photo?
That's a very good question I have a feeling she must have forgotten to post where the photo came from I saw a moderator looking as I was posting. Some of us keep forgetting that.

Karting photo

Sorry, people..I was in hurry and forgot to put source..:eek:

Caroline and Albert at Antibes, 1971

e1b8mp.jpg

(Source: Keystone/via Tinypic hosting site)

Ianna said:
Sorry, people..I was in hurry and forgot to put source..:eek:

Caroline and Albert at Antibes, 1971
(Source: Keystone/via Tinypic hosting site)
Shame on you LOL we've all done it. I still think it looks like follow the leader.

Golf No. 17

Found two more Monte Carlo Press. It was a hole in one. I'm kidding.
000001.jpg
000009.jpg

Sculling No.20

I found this tonight knew I had seen it somewhere. I think they should practice and go for it in the next Olympics as the Kelly team and bring home the Gold for Monaco. fotomarktplatz
al2.jpg

al3.jpg

al4.jpg

dpa_loadapi.jpg

Ianna said:
Great photos you found, LadyMac! And thanx for infos! Keep posting photos, it think other members are glad to look at them too..;) :)

Can we count ice skating as No. 16, although is from good old times??:D

Source; Olycom
I just saw this tonight should be number 18 I think if I counted right. I changed my other numbers. Cute photo I haven't seen it before. I might have one or two of his track days at Amherst soon. And Paris Daker race. Will fishing count? Its a sport here. Up to 20 means we are 5 past his own count.

Last edited:
So LadyMac has thus far exposed Albert participating in........

bowling, swimming, tennis, running, shooting, bobsleding, sailing, and scubadiving, and horseback riding, rowing, playing golf, go-Karting....

Skiing comes to mind.... surely there are loads of pics of him skiing?

Where was Albert rowing? Was he rowing on the Schykyll like his grandfather John Kelly?
I used to live in Philadelphia and I would go to the Schykyll downtown every weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
CasiraghiTrio said:
So LadyMac has thus far exposed Albert participating in........

bowling, swimming, tennis, running, shooting, bobsleding, sailing, and scubadiving, and horseback riding, rowing, playing golf, go-Karting....

Skiing comes to mind.... surely there are loads of pics of him skiing?
I can't take credit for all of those Ianna found the carting, skating, she has football. I have to say the one photo of him Golfing he looks like the building is the hole he is aiming for.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Where was Albert rowing? Was he rowing on the Schykyll like his grandfather John Kelly?
I used to live in Philadelphia and I would go to the Schykyll downtown every weekend.
This is the caption: Prince Albert of Monaco C rows as part of a sculling team with american relatives from his mother s side of the family Grace Kelly , in Philadelphia on October 24 , 2003. Prince Albert will succeed his father Prince Rainier III to the throne of the Principality of Monaco. On my birthday :D

LadyMacAlpine said:
This is the caption: Prince Albert of Monaco C rows as part of a sculling team with american relatives from his mother s side of the family Grace Kelly , in Philadelphia on October 24 , 2003. Prince Albert will succeed his father Prince Rainier III to the throne of the Principality of Monaco. On my birthday :D

So he was sculling on the Schukyll?! (sp?) Wow, that's so cool! I used to rollerblade every week past a statue of his grandfather. That's awesome. Philadelphia is such a great city.

Pics from Paris Dakar rally

Unfortunately, didn't find photos of Albert and a car, but found some others from 1985 Paris Dakar rally..including Albert seating in Mitsubishi (car he raced with), and with co-driver Jean-Pierre Marsan..:) ;)

ego50n.jpg
ego6xz.jpg
ego76t.jpg

Source; dpa

Ianna said:
Unfortunately, didn't find photos of Albert and a car, but found some others from 1985 Paris Dakar rally..including Albert seating in Mitsubishi (car he raced with), and with co-driver Jean-Pierre Marsan..:) ;)

Source; dpa
Great find.

Ianna said:

Source; dpa
I found this little bit http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dakardantan.com%2Fvoir-equipage-1803-1985-ae7d54.html&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ASCII Orginal site http://www.dakardantan.com/voir-equipage-1803-1985-ae7d54.html Someone who can read French would have better luck then me on the site. The photo I saw of him sitting on a white vehicle I believe is the one that towed his car in. I want to say it was due to a broken crank shaft but not sure.

I found the pictures of Albert jogging at Amherst and the Paris-Dakar rally after his vehicle broke down. As soon as I can get them scanned I will. He looks so cute in his sweats.

The above picture Ianna posted is about the only one I have ever seen with Albert having any facial growth/not shaving. He is usually always clean shaven. I wish there were more pictures. If anybody has any pictures with Albert having a moustache or full beard, can you please post them?

mw7060a said:
The above picture Ianna posted is about the only one I have ever seen with Albert having any facial growth/not shaving. He is usually always clean shaven. I wish there were more pictures. If anybody has any pictures with Albert having a moustache or full beard, can you please post them?
Even when he was on a holiday dog sledding he was clean shaven.

Albert jogging at Palace gardens

Jogging at Palace..

Looking forward to see your pics of Albert jogging, LadyMac!;)

erlrnr.jpg

(korpa)

Ianna said:
Jogging at Palace..

Looking forward to see your pics of Albert jogging, LadyMac!;)
(korpa)
It will take me a while to get to it not having a scanner. We have the most powerful hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic suppose to hit us on Saturday. I will post them as soon as I can.

LadyMacAlpine said:
It will take me a while to get to it not having a scanner. We have the most powerful hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic suppose to hit us on Saturday. I will post them as soon as I can.

Oh I see.:( Heard on our main evening news about it..I wish you all the best and that "Wilma" switches to lower category of strenght, not leaving that disaster scenary..

Young Prince Albert in a swimming competition (grazia neri)

Tosca said:
Young Prince Albert in a swimming competition (grazia neri)
I like seeing him in his younger photo's. thanks

Being a captain..:)

As boy..:p ..so cute..(Newscom)
ezh9p0.jpg

And now.. (EastNews)
ezhbv4.jpg

What a great found that first pic, Ianna! Thanks for posting!

Bobsled Retirements

No more jokes about Prince Albert in a can: After riding in Monaco's sled at five Olympics, the country's 47-year-old leader (and foremost babe magnet) told the Around the Rings newsletter last week that he won't be competing in any more Games. He's apparently too busy running his country and serving as an IOC member to test the challenging '06 run in the Alps outside Turin.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/olympics/2006/11/07/hot.list/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom