Albert's Life in Sports

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glistening Seas

:D how mah-velous the pics entitled the caribiners is my fav. is thaaaat a moustache on Pa? was there a time when he had a reaaaal moustache it's quite handsome in his military wardrobe. :monacostandard::rainbow::popcorn:

:D how mah-velous the pics entitled the caribiners is my fav. is thaaaat a moustache on Pa? was there a time when he had a reaaaal moustache it's quite handsome in his military wardrobe. :monacostandard::rainbow::popcorn:
I thought caribiniers were the Police force for the Prince who have M-16 rifles and 9 mm pistols. I know Albert was at one time a Lt. on the force and he was in the French Navy on the Jeanne d'Arc.

Indeed he was, LadyMacAlpine, well, life changes us, doesn't it?! ;):)

Here are some pics of Albert playing golf this summer, if I remember
it right the pics were taken in August.

** Golf 1 ** Golf 2 ** Golf 3 **

Glistening Seas

:) Pa's PR people put out a statement that PA has lost weight and that he's back to training with his trainor. is this true Is this part of his training for when he goes to the Antartica again ?? Personally i loooove the golf pics and his outfits he looks quite dashing and like he had already lost some weight there don't you think?:monacostandard::cheers::news::rainbow:

Last edited:
I went back and looked at these photo's just now and not only was he good looking look how thin he was.

Oh well, it happens to the best of us, royal or not. Our metabolism slows down when we hit middle age, and it becomes harder to lose weight.

Oh well, it happens to the best of us, royal or not. Our metabolism slows down when we hit middle age, and it becomes harder to lose weight.

Yes also stress! He has had his share over the last couple of years.

Yes also stress! He has had his share over the last couple of years.
It's called middle aged spread, stress, to many carbs and not enough exercise due to meetings. He's lost weight he said he has and you can see it in the newer photo's.

Sorry. I don't see anything wrong.

My previous post was removed for some reason so I reiterate, unlike his father and mother Prince Albert has let himself go over the years and blaming stress and meetings and too many carbs doesn't excuse that fact. I am middle aged and have weighed the same (59kg) for the last 20 years because I look after myself. Good on you for not seeing anything wrong but I think as any member of any Royal family they have a certain standard that they should adhere to, it comes with the territory.

My previous post was removed for some reason so I reiterate, unlike his father and mother Prince Albert has let himself go over the years and blaming stress and meetings and too many carbs doesn't excuse that fact. I am middle aged and have weighed the same (59kg) for the last 20 years because I look after myself. Good on you for not seeing anything wrong but I think as any member of any Royal family they have a certain standard that they should adhere to, it comes with the territory.
I read it before it disappeared. I wasn't making an excuse just stating what can cause it but no problem. Actually Prince Rainier and Princess Grace gained weight. In her case it was the medicine she was taking.

We missed number 21 the first thing not numbered was Football/Soccer so it will be No.21
Little Albert playing football.. (own collection)

e0j4b5.jpg
e0pj78.jpg

P.S. I'll posted photo you asked! ;)

Number 24 Karting
Sorry, people..I was in hurry and forgot to put source..:eek:

Caroline and Albert at Antibes, 1971

e1b8mp.jpg

(Source: Keystone/via Tinypic hosting site)

Number 25 Rafting
Rafting in 1992:
20i7tsn.jpg
20i7uc1.jpg
:wub:
(BUNTE)
I know he raced speed boats except I haven't seen any photo's of it. I have more sources so will see what I can find. I've actually missed this thread and the hunting. I prefer to look and talk about him anyway he's my type,:flowers: male. :wub::wub:

Official list as of 27 February 2008

1. Bobsled
2. Skin diving
3. Swimming
4. Sailing
5. Push Karting
6. Shooting
7. Horse back riding
8. Tennis
9. Running
10. Bowling
11. Skiing
12. Hunting
13. Bike Riding
14. Volleyball
15. Baseball
16. Fencing
17. Golf
18. Skating
19. Weight lifting
20. Sculling
21. Football/Soccer
22. Rock Climbing
23. Paris Dakar Rally
24. Karting
25. Rafting.

Last edited:
No. 26 if anyone finds a picture of it Judo. I saw a photo of him somewhere just don't recall where.

What sports is he involved in now besides the family skiing trips?
Thanks!
R.

The list is impressive, however as any typical American growing up at the same time on the Eastern seaboard, it is not altogether unheard of. Maybe for a royal it is. It just might be that he has a lot of Kelly in him. For example, almost half of the sports are either on school curricula in the USA and the others are recreational ones.

Dog Sledding No. 26

I forgot one we had photo's of that he's done as a sport "Dog Sledding". The photo's are from monaco.northpole2006.mc Photo1 Photo2. Iceflower you were helping find these what happened? We all missed this one.:lol: I realized it and started laughing the Expedition has its own thread. Prince Albert - Expedition to the North Pole: April 2006 - The Royal Forums

No. 26 Dog Sledding

This one of him dog sledding was taken 02-05-2004 while on holiday I believe Sweden.

That is amazing I knew the prince played many sports but not that many 26
wow there is nothing much else to say.

That is amazing I knew the prince played many sports but not that many 26
wow there is nothing much else to say.
There's at least 27 we haven't found him in his Judo outfit I've seen it just don't recall where.

Glistening Seas

:monacostandard::)h-m-mm-m his father was very good at tennis as well as his mother. They obviously did a great job of encouraging PA to be a well rounded athlete because he's got so many sports he likes. Does anyone know whether PA is better at some, more than others; or is he good at all of them??:D:eek::D

Glistening Seas

:lol:h-m-m-m let me rephrase--we all "know" that PA does a "lot" of sports but is one his Favorite?? Personally i would like to see him doing maybe golf? if he is good at it. Although he seems pretty busy and that is a sport that cannot be done in a hurry that is his fav??

Are the football and rugby the sports that Monaco is concentrating on at the moment? It certainly seems to be the sports i favor along all the others on the list too?

Glistening Seas

:ohmy:OMG whaaat fab pics!!! hee first time we have seen these!! Even with tummy Not too much has change with PA in the looks dept. Good thing he's working on the streamlining of things!! He's fab looking even today!!!:easterbunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom