The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
Thanks, melina p. Now we know the reason for the very short hair. Is this a stand-up paddle race she is talking about? Sounds like an exciting idea. Can't wait to see who the other participants are...
She says paddle, stand up paddle and mentions Water Biking - now I know how she maintains her figure! The course between Monaco and Nice is 21 km and they're going to do it in relay. I'm really pleased that she's managed to widen the remit of her foundation but still have it be something that she feels passionately about - at one stage I thought it was only going to be swimming (great cause but I couldn't see how it could sustain a whole foundation).

The twins sound great and bursting with energy.

I like her hair - I can see why it's practical but I like the slightly edgy, high fashion vibe.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I advice you to read the site of her foundation , You will see that this foundation is very active , there are learning to swim programs everywhere and water safety everywhere in the world, sport and education programs
There are the Sainte Dévote tournaments with international teams of children who come to play rugbu at Monaco this day, and this day, there are also handicaped children who will play rugby , this year, for the third time there will be the Monaco South Africa exchange.
Her foundation will support for the seconf time the program of education and health for children in need in Kenya with the other Amref;
The foundation created the aquatic center where the children of the colleges are learn the first aids and the foundation is created also an aquatic center in Luminbila an aquater center near the next Red Cross house which will be built in 2017.
Her foundation is not only the swimming. there is also the coucours princesse Charlène in all the schools on april 6th
The undersprivileged children of South Africa will come to Monaco for the exchange Monaco South Africa in march and the Sainte devote tournament will take place on march 18th
there also also tho branches , Foundation Princess Charlene in South Africa and and another in USA

The foundation is not only about swimming

Fondation Princesse Charlene de Monaco

Old 03-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I advice you to read the site of her foundation , You will see that this foundation is very active , there are learning to swim programs everywhere and water safety everywhere in the world, sport and education programs
There are the Sainte Dévote tournaments with international teams of children who come to play rugbu at Monaco this day, and this day, there are also handicaped children who will play rugby , this year, for the third time there will be the Monaco South Africa exchange.
Her foundation will support for the seconf time the program of education and health for children in need in Kenya with the other Amref;
The foundation created the aquatic center where the children of the colleges are learn the first aids and the foundation is created also an aquatic center in Luminbila an aquater center near the next Red Cross house which will be built in 2017.
Her foundation is not only the swimming. there is also the coucours princesse Charlène in all the schools on april 6th
The undersprivileged children of South Africa will come to Monaco for the exchange Monaco South Africa in march and the Sainte devote tournament will take place on march 18th
there also also tho branches , Foundation Princess Charlene in South Africa and and another in USA

The foundation is not only about swimming

Fondation Princesse Charlene de Monaco
I know!!! You need to read my comment properly, please!
Old 03-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Parismatch has shared a large version of the other article photo of the twins:

** Pic ** pm gallery: Charlène : "Elever des jumeaux, c'est du sport!" **
Old 01-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

This Instagram account has posted the photos from the interview Charlene gave to My World Class magazine. Very sporty.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdmtHXmhose/
Old 01-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Gentry

The princess is one of the most beautiful, but the magazine over did it with airbrushing. Princess Charlene does not look natural.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Toast View Post
The princess is one of the most beautiful, but the magazine over did it with airbrushing. Princess Charlene does not look natural.
I think it's deliberate - everything is very posed and placed and thought out. But yes, not to everyone's taste.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
I think it's deliberate - everything is very posed and placed and thought out. But yes, not to everyone's taste.
Agree, i looked at the website of the mafazine and it seems that they usually use this style (posed, airbrushed) so in that view these are very gorgeous pics; i agree with French Toast the P.Charlene doesn't need it, but if it's the style of the mag, we probably couldn't expect anything different
Old 01-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
This Instagram account has posted the photos from the interview Charlene gave to My World Class magazine. Very sporty.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdmtHXmhose/
Very, very strange photos for a royal - it looks like an advert
Old 01-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Albert II, Charlene & Family on Magazine Covers

I'm not a fan of these kind of fashion shoots for HSH. However, this is Monaco.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
It's extremely tacky and inappropriate for someone in her position. But is like you are saying, this is Monaco.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

charlene is decently dressed, she is not naked and she does not turn erotic scenes for TV series in Canada, she wore a sport jersey and sport trousers, they are sport photos and these photos don't break three legs of a duke or it is a storm in a water glass as we are saying in France, they are not more worst than the photos of a princess with naked breast or a danish princess running on the sea side in bikini. With their future position, they must be careful not to be taken in photos like this
Old 01-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Majesty

She looks quite constructed with heavy maquillage, lighting, and the way she sits is not usual. But I agree with Melina: Charlène was not indecent or something.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

We all know Charlene is sporty but being airbrushed to death in sport outfit doesnt go well together.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I am right there with you on this. Not a fan.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
Very, very strange photos for a royal - it looks like an advert
Your so right does look like she is doing an advert
Old 01-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Royal Highness

We're these pictures not taken way back last Summer? I'm sure I remember seeing one of them back then. I don't like them but I agree that there's nothing actually 'wrong' with them.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Courtier

I don't find these pictures tacky at all. Although they are heavily photoshopped they are still tastefully done. Sport has always been a huge part of P Charlene's life and is also a main focus of her Foundation. Quite natural for her then to pose in this way.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
I don't find these pictures tacky at all. Although they are heavily photoshopped they are still tastefully done. Sport has always been a huge part of P Charlene's life and is also a main focus of her Foundation. Quite natural for her then to pose in this way.
Yes, she's a great believer in physical fitness and eating healthily and she talks about it often ( not surprising given her background) . In that regard I think she's a better role model than some other royal women who are obviously very underweight and, in some cases, almost skeletal. I think this photo shoot was another example of her trying to promote good living but the make up and photoshop are too over the top IMO. I have no problem with her clothes or workout poses though.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
We're these pictures not taken way back last Summer? I'm sure I remember seeing one of them back then. I don't like them but I agree that there's nothing actually 'wrong' with them.
Yes, the magazine came out last summer but all the photos are doing the rounds at the moment on Instagram, websites etc.

As to other points they're very heavily styled and photoshopped but I think that's deliberate - I quite like them as an interesting exercise in promoting Monaco glamour with her interest in sport. I don't think they're claiming to be gritty photojournalism.

A Monegasque that I know did make a sniffy comment about displaying the "princely navel" but others I've spoken to have been quite admiring and positive.

Tags
charlene, magazine, magazine covers, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene