Albert II, Charlene & Family on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely pictures - will have to my hands on the magazine.

Gabriella's lacy dress outfit is a bit odd with the pink top. I wonder if she was playing dress up and mum wanted her to stay warm?

:previous:

She's a bit too young for those intentional dressing/role playing games, I rather think someone else chose it for her ;)

The pics are indeed very nice, relaxed and joyful - a nice private insight.

Does anyone remember the couple on a magazine while visiting a hospital or a nursery, Charlene was wearing a grey dress with grey earrings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, melina p. Now we know the reason for the very short hair. Is this a stand-up paddle race she is talking about? Sounds like an exciting idea. Can't wait to see who the other participants are...

Thanks, melina p. Now we know the reason for the very short hair. Is this a stand-up paddle race she is talking about? Sounds like an exciting idea. Can't wait to see who the other participants are...

She says paddle, stand up paddle and mentions Water Biking - now I know how she maintains her figure! The course between Monaco and Nice is 21 km and they're going to do it in relay. I'm really pleased that she's managed to widen the remit of her foundation but still have it be something that she feels passionately about - at one stage I thought it was only going to be swimming (great cause but I couldn't see how it could sustain a whole foundation).

The twins sound great and bursting with energy.

I like her hair - I can see why it's practical but I like the slightly edgy, high fashion vibe.

I advice you to read the site of her foundation , You will see that this foundation is very active , there are learning to swim programs everywhere and water safety everywhere in the world, sport and education programs
There are the Sainte Dévote tournaments with international teams of children who come to play rugbu at Monaco this day, and this day, there are also handicaped children who will play rugby , this year, for the third time there will be the Monaco South Africa exchange.
Her foundation will support for the seconf time the program of education and health for children in need in Kenya with the other Amref;
The foundation created the aquatic center where the children of the colleges are learn the first aids and the foundation is created also an aquatic center in Luminbila an aquater center near the next Red Cross house which will be built in 2017.
Her foundation is not only the swimming. there is also the coucours princesse Charlène in all the schools on april 6th
The undersprivileged children of South Africa will come to Monaco for the exchange Monaco South Africa in march and the Sainte devote tournament will take place on march 18th
there also also tho branches , Foundation Princess Charlene in South Africa and and another in USA

The foundation is not only about swimming

Fondation Princesse Charlene de Monaco

I advice you to read the site of her foundation , You will see that this foundation is very active , there are learning to swim programs everywhere and water safety everywhere in the world, sport and education programs
There are the Sainte Dévote tournaments with international teams of children who come to play rugbu at Monaco this day, and this day, there are also handicaped children who will play rugby , this year, for the third time there will be the Monaco South Africa exchange.
Her foundation will support for the seconf time the program of education and health for children in need in Kenya with the other Amref;
The foundation created the aquatic center where the children of the colleges are learn the first aids and the foundation is created also an aquatic center in Luminbila an aquater center near the next Red Cross house which will be built in 2017.
Her foundation is not only the swimming. there is also the coucours princesse Charlène in all the schools on april 6th
The undersprivileged children of South Africa will come to Monaco for the exchange Monaco South Africa in march and the Sainte devote tournament will take place on march 18th
there also also tho branches , Foundation Princess Charlene in South Africa and and another in USA

The foundation is not only about swimming

Fondation Princesse Charlene de Monaco

I know!!! You need to read my comment properly, please!

The princess is one of the most beautiful, but the magazine over did it with airbrushing. Princess Charlene does not look natural.

The princess is one of the most beautiful, but the magazine over did it with airbrushing. Princess Charlene does not look natural.
I think it's deliberate - everything is very posed and placed and thought out. But yes, not to everyone's taste.

I think it's deliberate - everything is very posed and placed and thought out. But yes, not to everyone's taste.

Agree, i looked at the website of the mafazine and it seems that they usually use this style (posed, airbrushed) so in that view these are very gorgeous pics; i agree with French Toast the P.Charlene doesn't need it, but if it's the style of the mag, we probably couldn't expect anything different ;)

I'm not a fan of these kind of fashion shoots for HSH. However, this is Monaco.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of these kind of fashion shoots for HSH. However, this is Monaco.

It's extremely tacky and inappropriate for someone in her position. But is like you are saying, this is Monaco.

charlene is decently dressed, she is not naked and she does not turn erotic scenes for TV series in Canada, she wore a sport jersey and sport trousers, they are sport photos and these photos don't break three legs of a duke or it is a storm in a water glass as we are saying in France, they are not more worst than the photos of a princess with naked breast or a danish princess running on the sea side in bikini. With their future position, they must be careful not to be taken in photos like this

She looks quite constructed with heavy maquillage, lighting, and the way she sits is not usual. But I agree with Melina: Charlène was not indecent or something.

We all know Charlene is sporty but being airbrushed to death in sport outfit doesnt go well together.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're these pictures not taken way back last Summer? I'm sure I remember seeing one of them back then. I don't like them but I agree that there's nothing actually 'wrong' with them.

I don't find these pictures tacky at all. Although they are heavily photoshopped they are still tastefully done. Sport has always been a huge part of P Charlene's life and is also a main focus of her Foundation. Quite natural for her then to pose in this way.

I don't find these pictures tacky at all. Although they are heavily photoshopped they are still tastefully done. Sport has always been a huge part of P Charlene's life and is also a main focus of her Foundation. Quite natural for her then to pose in this way.

Yes, she's a great believer in physical fitness and eating healthily and she talks about it often ( not surprising given her background) . In that regard I think she's a better role model than some other royal women who are obviously very underweight and, in some cases, almost skeletal. I think this photo shoot was another example of her trying to promote good living but the make up and photoshop are too over the top IMO. I have no problem with her clothes or workout poses though.

Last edited:
We're these pictures not taken way back last Summer? I'm sure I remember seeing one of them back then. I don't like them but I agree that there's nothing actually 'wrong' with them.
Yes, the magazine came out last summer but all the photos are doing the rounds at the moment on Instagram, websites etc.

As to other points they're very heavily styled and photoshopped but I think that's deliberate - I quite like them as an interesting exercise in promoting Monaco glamour with her interest in sport. I don't think they're claiming to be gritty photojournalism.

A Monegasque that I know did make a sniffy comment about displaying the "princely navel" but others I've spoken to have been quite admiring and positive.

She looks like a plastic Stepford wife to me.

I do like her leggings.

Last edited:
Yes, the magazine came out last summer but all the photos are doing the rounds at the moment on Instagram, websites etc.

As to other points they're very heavily styled and photoshopped but I think that's deliberate - I quite like them as an interesting exercise in promoting Monaco glamour with her interest in sport. I don't think they're claiming to be gritty photojournalism.

A Monegasque that I know did make a sniffy comment about displaying the "princely navel" but others I've spoken to have been quite admiring and positive.

I agree. :flowers: It's a definite 'avant-garde' style that really is in sync with the times. Princess Grace dressed in sync with her times, and I can see that it would be wrong for Charlene to try to duplicate that (antique, conservative) style, all gowns and throw-backs to another sensibility.

Currently we value health, a lean well-toned body, with casual clothes that display the triumph of the well tended human form, and I think Charlene is displaying that in spades, very naturally. She would make a mistake if she was scruffily casual but she is not doing that. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom