The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

From aapimage:
Prince Albert II, ruler of Monaco, left, and friend Yves Piaget of Piaget International, join a dinner buffet Sunday, Feb. 19, 2006 in the Olympic athletes village in Sestriere , Italy. (AP Photo/Tom Curley)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WINTER_OLYMPICS_PRINCE_ALBE.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	229007  

Old 02-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Courtier

I love the photos of PA at the bobsled run...the article was wonderful as well thank you. As I was watching on TV, I wondered how difficult for him it must be that he wasn't competing this year. If given half a chance, I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps in the 4-man sled...

Old 02-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

from ANP

Austrian chancellor Wolfgang Schuessel (first row, C) sits next to Leo Wallner (R), President of the Austrian National Olympic Committee with Prince Albert II (top row, C) of Monaco during the men's Alpine skiing giant slalom at the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Sestriere, Italy, Monday 20 February 2006. EPA/HANS KLAUS TECHT
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2409527.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	229047  
Old 02-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Majesty

Reuters

Quote:
Prince Albert II (C) of Monaco gestures as he sits in the standsthe first run of the men's Alpine skiing giant slalom at the Torino 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Sestriere, Italy, February 20, 2006. REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger
Old 02-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

more from ANP

Prince Albert of Monaco (C) and the Monaco 1 bobsleigh team of Patrice Servelle and Jeremy Bottin are seen at the finish area after the final run of the two-man bobsleigh event at the Turin 2006 Winter Olympics in Cesana Pariol, 19 February 2006. AFP PHOTO/DDP/MICHAEL KAPPELER
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2407455.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	229049   Click image for larger version

Name:	2406681.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	229050   Click image for larger version

Name:	2406952.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	229051   Click image for larger version

Name:	2406680.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	229052  

Old 02-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Aren't we only suppose to do attached photo's on the current event threads? I'm asking only because I hate to see us loose any of the great photo's you all have found. I know they have been deleting some lately. Again great finds ladies.

Tamar for just joining the threads to post I want to say you are a wealth of knowledge and your English is very good.

Also has anyone found out what Albert has a medal for?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
more from ANP

Prince Albert of Monaco (C) and the Monaco 1 bobsleigh team of Patrice Servelle and Jeremy Bottin are seen at the finish area after the final run of the two-man bobsleigh event at the Turin 2006 Winter Olympics in Cesana Pariol, 19 February 2006. AFP PHOTO/DDP/MICHAEL KAPPELER
Nice pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Old 02-21-2006, 06:12 AM
Aristocracy

I deem it very commendable that such a busy person as the Prince takes the time to support the athletes.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060220/...notebook_tr5_1

Prince Albert II of Monaco Yearns to Slide

TURIN, Italy - Prince Albert II, the ruler of Monaco, watched the tiny principality's bobsled team speed down the Olympic track and, according to friends, likely had one thought: It could have been me.

Although he oversees a Riviera principality, Albert has been a mainstay at the Winter Games, racing in Monaco's four-man bobsled in five Olympics — from Calgary in 1988 to Salt Lake City in 2002.

An athlete whose sports range from skiing to swimming, windsurfing to judo, the son of Prince Rainier and the American actress Grace Kelly would have preferred to be sliding along at the Turin Games on Sunday.

"He told us he was envious of us, that he missed it and would like to be with us," said pilot Patrice Servelle. "That he was with us in spirit, but would have liked to have been in the sled with us."

(...)

"I dedicate this to Prince Albert ... actually no, to Albert, our friend," Servelle said. "He has supported us throughout our career, even in the hard times ... and the hard times outweigh the good times."
Old 02-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [LEFT
LadyMacAlpine[/left]]Aren't we only suppose to do attached photo's on the current event threads? I'm asking only because I hate to see us loose any of the great photo's you all have found. I know they have been deleting some lately. Again great finds ladies.

Tamar for just joining the threads to post I want to say you are a wealth of knowledge and your English is very good.

Also has anyone found out what Albert has a medal for?
Thank you:) (I'll do pretty much anything right now in order to escape studying!)
I'll use imageshack from now on just to be on the safe side.

About the medal - maybe it's a commemorative medal?
I've seen other medal presenters wear them but I just can't seem to find a photo of them anywhere on the net, I'll try finding more later.

Tamar:)
Old 02-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
Thank you:) (I'll do pretty much anything right now in order to escape studying!)

About the medal - maybe it's a commemorative medal?
I've seen other medal presenters wear them but I just can't seem to find a photo of them anywhere on the net, I'll try finding more later.

Okay I have never seen the presenters during the medal ceremonies here they generally have cut it out so in all these years I haven't seen Albert once except at the opening ceremonies. Sort of like they use to chop up the World Music Awards you didn't see it all.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
A lot of our Forum members can't view image shack like tbhrc who does so much try this one I haven't had any complains about not being able to view mine with it. http://photobucket.com/ I tried image shack is how I know.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Thanks LadyMacAlpine. I noticed that I only can't view the thumbnails, but if you post the bigger versions I have no problems viewing them. So strange...
Old 02-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Thanks LadyMacAlpine. I noticed that I only can't view the thumbnails, but if you post the bigger versions I have no problems viewing them. So strange...
You cant view any of the photo's I posted?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Majesty

I can view them because they were not posted as thumbnails.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
I can view them because they were not posted as thumbnails.
Okay because I did take the thumbnail size and posted to to photobucket to save space on the post or I resize the orginal to make it smaller. Just wanted to ask openly this is a learning lesson for us on this thread and Tamar didn't want to study hehe.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy

Found another article from 2002 :
Monaco prince revels in Oly life

Bobsledder likes mingling with athletes, racing

http://deseretnews.com/oly/view/0,3949,70001363,00.html

Old 02-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Okay because I did take the thumbnail size and posted to to photobucket to save space on the post or I resize the orginal to make it smaller. Just wanted to ask openly this is a learning lesson for us on this thread and Tamar didn't want to study hehe.
Let's just say that when I'm studying for my exams in immunology and genetics I have the exact same face PA had in 2002

aapimage

But when I'm studying anything else (especially if it is conected to monaco)
I feel just super!

corbis

So how is my grade in the photobucket exam?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Gentry

i can't get into photobucket..can someone help with user and password..when login it has everything put in but then it redirects me and at that point I don't know what to do..jen
Old 02-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifrasure
i can't get into photobucket..can someone help with user and password..when login it has everything put in but then it redirects me and at that point I don't know what to do..jen
Photobucket is where you put the pictures you find to post here. If you are trying to do that you need a user name and password.