Albert II and the Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More from Yahoo - Reuters/AP

o5pcsw.jpg
o5pcva.jpg
o5pd00.jpg
o5pd1z.jpg
o5t8x3.jpg
o5t92h.jpg
o5t94o.jpg
o5t991.jpg

Last edited:
Rest from Yahoo - Reuters/AP

o5pd8o.jpg
o5pdhl.jpg
o5pdn4.jpg
o5pdsg.jpg
o5pdv4.jpg
o5pe05.jpg
o5pe2f.jpg

P.S. Sorry Lady McAlpine I don't have the captions for the Eastnews pics...

tamarindi said:
getty:

CESANA PARIOL, ITALY - FEBRUARY 19: Prince Albert II of Monaco watches the Two Man Bobsleigh Final on Day 9 of the 2006 Turin Winter Olympic Games on February 19, 2006 in Cesana Pariol, Italy. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)
Prince Albert of Monaco now officially has a new title to add to the list he already has. He is a true "sports fanatic" he has a half an inch of snow on his head. Great pictures thank you very much for the sharing.

tbhrc said:
Rest from Yahoo - Reuters/AP

o5pdv4.jpg

P.S. Sorry Lady McAlpine I don't have the captions for the Eastnews pics...
There it is wonder how long he was standing there. Living in Florida we occasionally see snow every 10 years or so I would have no idea. And thank you very much as well for the sharing. I really get into watching the winter Olympics. I want to make Vancouver in 2010. I got to see Canada Olympic Park in Calgary and walked around where the medals were given, and where the teams stayed in 1988. Keep up the good work ladies in recording this event for all of us now and in the future.

rebecca said:
Does someone know if that is Albert's new girlfriend? since when are they together? I never seen her before!

:confused: :confused:
I'm not sure which photo you mean you can find Charlene in the wife for Albert thread or Albert and friends as well as the current event part XVII thread

Lol

moosey60 said:
I wonder if the Olympians rub Albert's head for luck...

Nah, they rub is buddha belly instead. :rolleyes:

tbhrc said:
More from Eastnews without watermarks:

o10myf.jpg
o10mzm.jpg

This is the happiest face expression of Albert I have ever seen...and his eyes emit a glow...He did not have such ones for a long time....
And what a big difference - when he is smiling and when he is serious...two different persons :)

From aapimage:
Prince Albert II, ruler of Monaco, left, and friend Yves Piaget of Piaget International, join a dinner buffet Sunday, Feb. 19, 2006 in the Olympic athletes village in Sestriere , Italy. (AP Photo/Tom Curley)

Attachments

• WINTER_OLYMPICS_PRINCE_ALBE.jpg
    WINTER_OLYMPICS_PRINCE_ALBE.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 5,351
I love the photos of PA at the bobsled run...the article was wonderful as well thank you. As I was watching on TV, I wondered how difficult for him it must be that he wasn't competing this year. If given half a chance, I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps in the 4-man sled...

from ANP

Austrian chancellor Wolfgang Schuessel (first row, C) sits next to Leo Wallner (R), President of the Austrian National Olympic Committee with Prince Albert II (top row, C) of Monaco during the men's Alpine skiing giant slalom at the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Sestriere, Italy, Monday 20 February 2006. EPA/HANS KLAUS TECHT

Attachments

• 2409527.jpg
    2409527.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 336
Reuters

Prince Albert II (C) of Monaco gestures as he sits in the standsthe first run of the men's Alpine skiing giant slalom at the Torino 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Sestriere, Italy, February 20, 2006. REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger

o6zfyt.jpg
o6zg2r.jpg
o6zg3o.jpg
o6zg52.jpg
o6zg90.jpg

more from ANP

Prince Albert of Monaco (C) and the Monaco 1 bobsleigh team of Patrice Servelle and Jeremy Bottin are seen at the finish area after the final run of the two-man bobsleigh event at the Turin 2006 Winter Olympics in Cesana Pariol, 19 February 2006. AFP PHOTO/DDP/MICHAEL KAPPELER

Attachments

• 2407455.jpg
    2407455.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 2406681.jpg
    2406681.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 328
  • 2406952.jpg
    2406952.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 2406680.jpg
    2406680.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 331
Aren't we only suppose to do attached photo's on the current event threads? I'm asking only because I hate to see us loose any of the great photo's you all have found. I know they have been deleting some lately. Again great finds ladies.

Tamar for just joining the threads to post I want to say you are a wealth of knowledge and your English is very good.

Also has anyone found out what Albert has a medal for?

purple_platinum said:
more from ANP

Prince Albert of Monaco (C) and the Monaco 1 bobsleigh team of Patrice Servelle and Jeremy Bottin are seen at the finish area after the final run of the two-man bobsleigh event at the Turin 2006 Winter Olympics in Cesana Pariol, 19 February 2006. AFP PHOTO/DDP/MICHAEL KAPPELER

Nice pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I deem it very commendable that such a busy person as the Prince takes the time to support the athletes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060220/ap_on_sp_ol/oly_turin_notebook_tr5_1

Prince Albert II of Monaco Yearns to Slide

TURIN, Italy - Prince Albert II, the ruler of Monaco, watched the tiny principality's bobsled team speed down the Olympic track and, according to friends, likely had one thought: It could have been me.

Although he oversees a Riviera principality, Albert has been a mainstay at the Winter Games, racing in Monaco's four-man bobsled in five Olympics — from Calgary in 1988 to Salt Lake City in 2002.

An athlete whose sports range from skiing to swimming, windsurfing to judo, the son of Prince Rainier and the American actress Grace Kelly would have preferred to be sliding along at the Turin Games on Sunday.

"He told us he was envious of us, that he missed it and would like to be with us," said pilot Patrice Servelle. "That he was with us in spirit, but would have liked to have been in the sled with us."

(...)

"I dedicate this to Prince Albert ... actually no, to Albert, our friend," Servelle said. "He has supported us throughout our career, even in the hard times ... and the hard times outweigh the good times."

[LEFT said:
LadyMacAlpine[/left]]Aren't we only suppose to do attached photo's on the current event threads? I'm asking only because I hate to see us loose any of the great photo's you all have found. I know they have been deleting some lately. Again great finds ladies.

Tamar for just joining the threads to post I want to say you are a wealth of knowledge and your English is very good.

Also has anyone found out what Albert has a medal for?
Thank you:) (I'll do pretty much anything right now in order to escape studying!)
I'll use imageshack from now on just to be on the safe side.

About the medal - maybe it's a commemorative medal?
I've seen other medal presenters wear them but I just can't seem to find a photo of them anywhere on the net, I'll try finding more later.

Tamar:)

tamarindi said:
Thank you:) (I'll do pretty much anything right now in order to escape studying!)

About the medal - maybe it's a commemorative medal?
I've seen other medal presenters wear them but I just can't seem to find a photo of them anywhere on the net, I'll try finding more later.

Okay I have never seen the presenters during the medal ceremonies here they generally have cut it out so in all these years I haven't seen Albert once except at the opening ceremonies. Sort of like they use to chop up the World Music Awards you didn't see it all.

tamarindi said:
A lot of our Forum members can't view image shack like tbhrc who does so much try this one I haven't had any complains about not being able to view mine with it. http://photobucket.com/ I tried image shack is how I know.

Thanks LadyMacAlpine. I noticed that I only can't view the thumbnails, but if you post the bigger versions I have no problems viewing them. So strange...

tbhrc said:
Thanks LadyMacAlpine. I noticed that I only can't view the thumbnails, but if you post the bigger versions I have no problems viewing them. So strange...
You cant view any of the photo's I posted?

I can view them ;) because they were not posted as thumbnails.

tbhrc said:
I can view them ;) because they were not posted as thumbnails.
Okay because I did take the thumbnail size and posted to to photobucket to save space on the post or I resize the orginal to make it smaller. Just wanted to ask openly this is a learning lesson for us on this thread and Tamar didn't want to study hehe.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Okay because I did take the thumbnail size and posted to to photobucket to save space on the post or I resize the orginal to make it smaller. Just wanted to ask openly this is a learning lesson for us on this thread and Tamar didn't want to study hehe.
Let's just say that when I'm studying for my exams in immunology and genetics I have the exact same face PA had in 2002
1.jpg

aapimage

But when I'm studying anything else (especially if it is conected to monaco)
I feel just super!
2.jpg

corbis

So how is my grade in the photobucket exam?:confused:

i can't get into photobucket..can someone help with user and password..when login it has everything put in but then it redirects me and at that point I don't know what to do..jen

jennifrasure said:
i can't get into photobucket..can someone help with user and password..when login it has everything put in but then it redirects me and at that point I don't know what to do..jen
Photobucket is where you put the pictures you find to post here. If you are trying to do that you need a user name and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom