Albert II and the Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert and Charlene watching synchronised swimming
Daylife
Daylife
Queen Sofia was there too, here greeting Charlene
MCT International
since when does a swimming event trun into bed rest, anyway they both have unhappy tone to their look even when she rest her head on his arm, he look not that into it,but she seems to be getting a knick from all of these, she does not have to now show affection to get attention people already know is the same old song for the past 2years:sick:anyway Qeen sofia seems like a warm hearted person, she is far too nice look at the way she embrace charlene what a wonderful person and that is a way a leader wife behave with respect.charlene shouldtake note.:whistling:

since when does a swimming event trun into bed rest, anyway they both have unhappy tone to their look even when she rest her head on his arm, he look not that into it,but she seems to be getting a knick from all of these, she does not have to now show affection to get attention people already know is the same old song for the past 2years:sick:anyway Qeen sofia seems like a warm hearted person, she is far too nice look at the way she embrace charlene what a wonderful person and that is a way a leader wife behave with respect.charlene shouldtake note.:whistling:

They aren't the only couple that did that. Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima of Holland were kissing each other, actually! So it's really not that bad, and I think it's rather sweet.

Albert seems to have really gotten into the games. He must be a big sports fan!

You know when all is said and done the olympics were not about charlene or Prince Albert(even though this is their forum). They were about the Olympians,even the ones who tried but didnt succeed.This was about the world coming together and for a brief shining moment getting along. But I have to say as an American, USA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::happyfourth::amflag:

Nope. This is thread about prince Albert and the Olympics in general, not only 2008 Olympic Games. And I don't think that it will be over because PA is still involved in work for IOC.:)

International olympic committee press release

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, SunSans-Regular]INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE PRESS RELEASE[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, SunSans-Regular][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, SunSans-Regular]WEDNESDAY 17 JUNE 2009[/FONT][/FONT]

I receive emails from the IOC and Prince Albert was involved in this process. In the link you can find other links for anyone interested in the Olympic movement it self.

Iceflowers post in the Current Events thread photos of Prince Albert II arriving. Thanks Iceflower for the post. I'm sorry I'm not able to keep up on the Olympic things right now.

PA with Michelle Obama:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

PA reacts to news of the Chicago Governor's legal problems:
"Anything like that can't help. But it doesn't touch the technical aspect of the bid or the infrastructure side, just the political atmosphere around the bid, and I shouldn't think it will have too much of an impact".
Blagojevich Scandal Won't Hurt Chicago Olympic Bid

PA asked a question about the size of the land for the Olympic Village at Tokyo.
Chicago 2016 Olympic Bid

On February 11, 2010, Prince Albert attended an event where the Governor General of Canada (Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean) hosted a gathering of youth to empower Canada's young leaders, to promote peace as part of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Truce.

The event was attended by more than five hundred young leaders, including Inuit, Métis, Mohawk Nation, and First Nations, as well as representatives of "Francophonie" (65 countries speaking French).

www.olympictruce.org

Prince Albert Ii Of Monaco | Vancouver Winter Olympics in Canada 2010

The IOC (International Olympic Committee) was granted Observer Status by the United Nations General Assembly in November 2009.

Glistening Seas

:ohmy: uh-oh someone needs to check the smiley bin click where the more button is because it came up with just wording not too many smiley's?? Anyhoo, so glad to see the pics of the Olympics athletes from Monaco! It must have been a proud moment for PA and Monaco!!

The IOC Executive Board meeting is in Durban, South Africa from the 6th to the 9th of July 2011.

Media

I love how personally involved Albert is and has been with the Olympic movement, starting with his maternal grandfather Jack Kelly being a three-time Olympic Gold Medalist in Rowing, and that tradition has continued on to his grandson, Albert, with Albert's own involvement in at least five Winter Olympics, making him an Olympian several times over. As well, Albert has been a member of the IOC (i.e. International Olympic Committe) since 1985.

And he hasn't stopped there, his influence can be felt today in the offspring of both of his sisters', whose children are aiming at competing in the Olympics ~ Pauline in diving, Charlotte equestrianism, and Alexandra one day figure skating ~ not to mention his first cousin's son, Antoine de Massy, whom is a rising star on the international tennis circuit: Antoine de massy

The competition is fierce, which makes me wonder which one(s) will be the first to compete in the Olympics since their uncle, Prince Albert, did? ;)

2012 is but a year away, work hard little ones, work hard, and make your sovereign and country proud! :monacoflag:

Last edited:
Unlike Charlotte and Pauline, it looks like this kid is being pressured by his parents. I hope he enjoys the sport and isn't just doing it to please his parents. Alot of times the kid blows up after a while. eg. Tiger Woods, Martina Hingis.

Pauline has already competed in the IOC's Youth Olympics, therefore she is already a member of the "Olympic Family".

The next Youth Olympic games take place in Nanjing in 2014.

Thanks for the info., Renata4711, that's a great accomplishment on Pauline's part, but I'm talking the big picture, the Olympics, no precursor needed. :cool:

Do you think there is a "pecking order" where the Olympics are concerned?

I think there should be no pecking order between the Olympic Games, the Special Olympic Games and the Youth Olympic Games.

It doesn't matter what *I* think, rather what is reality, and the reality of the matter is that the Olympics is one name only, the be all and end all to "most" people. Fact.

The IOC Executive Board meets in Durban on July 3rd to 4th, 2011 - not as I wrote earlier.

This is followed by the IOC Session, also in Durban, from July 6th to 9th.

Olympic Challenge FANB - 22 June 2011:

This Wednesday the students from the Collège François d'Assise got involved with the 3ème Challenge FANB Monaco. This involved not just physical sport, but also the Monegasque language, and school subjects.

Yvette Lambin-Berti is the General Secretary of the Monegasque Olympic Committee. "I'm glad because this challenge corresponds with the values of Olympism."

http://www.monaco.mc/Pages/Accueil/...te/challenge_fanb___un_epreuve_tres_olympique__

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom