Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stellam

Courtier
City
Perth
Country
Australia
Thats the problem that many people have, they are constantly comparing her to Princess Grace. She is NO Princess Grace but then she doesn't have 3 chn from 2 different marriages, she hasn't been married 3 times, she hasn't joined the circus. She may not be a fashion statement like Pr Caroline so why can she not be a girlfriend to Pr Albert? It's not like he is lillywhite. At the end of the day it's what he wants.

Stellad

I think that if Charlene and her family would not have spoken to the tabloids and had taken the high road in this relationship folks might have accepted her a little better. But then those articles were followed up by the Turin and Maldives photos. She herself is making it difficult to find anything positive about herself.

You know, Charlene has the drive and is confident (deluded) enough to believe she should be a Princess. She is charging towards that goal and may very well accomplish it.

Last edited:
I discern and perhaps incorrectly that there is a possible lack of " "consideration" for others that was Princes Grace's standard and somewhat irreconciliable to "impending charity work" which may be accomplished through these "motions" as we have seen so far.These are the passive "motions" repeated again & again until the others are worn down and acquiesce.Attaining acquiescence is not a feat in itself.It is derived from the mundane.But let us see....what notable acts await us.

Last edited by a moderator:
On RTL teletext I read this morning (they were quoting from Gala, but not sure which one) that there would be an announcement in the next months with a wedding planned for next year....time will tell I guess

exit strategies

eireann said:
On RTL teletext I read this morning (they were quoting from Gala, but not sure which one) that there would be an announcement in the next months with a wedding planned for next year....time will tell I guess
Should this be the case it reminds me of the movie"An Affair To Remember" with Cary Grant.After he announces he is going to marry this lady that essentially he does not love after meeting Deborah Kerr on a trans Atlantic voyage he gives a lovely intervew wherein he answers" yes" and 'no" to all questions regarding his impending marriage.In binding arrangements one should always have an exit strategy& for CW I would be glad to provide the helicopter anywhere to fly her away or for that matter the Carole Lombard exit strategy " an ambulance"[laughter please]

Jaya said:
Should this be the case it reminds me of the movie"An Affair To Remember" with Cary Grant.After he announces he is going to marry this lady that essentially he does not love after meeting Deborah Kerr on a trans Atlantic voyage he gives a lovely intervew wherein he answers" yes" and 'no" to all questions regarding his impending marriage.In binding arrangements one should always have an exit strategy& for CW I would be glad to provide the helicopter anywhere to fly her away or for that matter the Carole Lombard exit strategy " an ambulance"[laughter please]
:D :D :D
isn't it strange though that after he says the no word for marriage, she continues to stay with him. could it be that she hopes he will change his mind? Why not move on, and find someone who is seriously interested in her? it can't be love cause she'll be hurt realizing the feeling isn't mutual, it must be some kind of material reason behind her decision to continue with this. to me, the fact that she keeps staying in spite of everything he says, makes me think she doesn't really care about him as a person, and that she has her own agenda, or there is something else going on there.

Last edited:
« Je n’ai pas l’intention de me marier pour le moment » a déclaré le prince Albert II.
'At this moment, I don't have the intention to marry' said prince Albert II.
Typical Albert answer. You can explain it every way you want.
That he doesn't want to get married at the moment, doesn't mean that he doesn't want to next week. Or next month. Or whenever Charlene doesn't make the Olympic team.
Add to that that the rest of the text contradicts the headline:
Même si le couple vit une tendre idylle depuis quelques mois, Albert II de Monaco ne se sent pas encore prêt. Il ne dit pourtant pas définitivement non.
Even if the couple is experiencing a tender idyll for the last few months, Albert II of Monaco doesn't feel ready yet [to get married-G.] He doesn't definitively say no.
Even if they were having a love relationship, (which they aren't) they have been having it for more than a year now, not for the last few months. And besides, it's more of the same old, same old. Remember last year? Engagement would be imminent at his birthday, at his parents' wedding day, at the end of the summer, at the end of August, at national day, at christmas, at the new year.... :ROFLMAO: All those "palace insiders" must have been having an off day. :lol:

Hey they were only said to have been close to the palace...and we know what that means. :D

Ghislaine said:
Typical Albert answer. You can explain it every way you want.
That he doesn't want to get married at the moment, doesn't mean that he doesn't want to next week. Or next month. Or whenever Charlene doesn't make the Olympic team.
Add to that that the rest of the text contradicts the headline:
Even if they were having a love relationship, (which they aren't) they have been having it for more than a year now, not for the last few months. And besides, it's more of the same old, same old. Remember last year? Engagement would be imminent at his birthday, at his parents' wedding day, at the end of the summer, at the end of August, at national day, at christmas, at the new year.... :ROFLMAO: All those "palace insiders" must have been having an off day. :lol:

Albert has not said anything different than in the past - very clear and plain - he has no plans to marry anyone either now or in the future, period. No surprise there.

CW is there because he invites her there, he likes her around and she wants to be there and she likes it - it's mutual.

When Albert gets tired (or if CW stops being the easy going, fun loving girl that she probably is) he will find someone else. :flowers:

But he probably likes her company because she may be easy to be around (although I don't know), so why run her down all the time? Let them both have their fun, life is short so enjoy it as much as possible if possible, right?:flowers:

brother said:
isn't it strange though that after he says the no word for marriage, she continues to stay with him. could it be that she hopes he will change his mind? Why not move on, and find someone who is seriously interested in her? it can't be love cause she'll be hurt realizing the feeling isn't mutual, it must be some kind of material reason behind her decision to continue with this. to me, the fact that she keeps staying in spite of everything he says, makes me think she doesn't really care about him as a person, and that she has her own agenda, or there is something else going on there.
hi brother,
makes you wonder who is in passive, persuasive training without possibly knowing it here CW for the Olympics or PA under the CW method?
The probable commonality of CW & PA is that they are both, respectfully uncoachable.They each have a mind of their own.
Now you have raised the issue that all this time PA has been training and we had not caught on?Goes to prove my point that one not be training physically to aspire to be an Olympian like CW.God Bless Her.

brother said:

IMO, I think that they both get something from each other and may not be interested in marriage. Usually, marriage is the last step to 'seal' oneself to one person and to have children. I haven't seen their relationship approaching that point. But then, of course, it may change next week.:ermm:

LadyMacAlpine said:
I have to disagree with you. I'm picky and known for being very well dressed. I've liked several of Charlene's choices including this dress. How the tops fits is beside the point very few of you would like anything she wears because you don't like Charlene. I haven't seen or heard anything yet to say she isn't a nice person.
I'm not referring to the clothes at events. I'm referring to her behavior in talking to the press and what she has said in those interviews. Those interviews speak volumes about who she is as a person and they were done to project a positive image of her. It was a PR move on Albert's part to get her accepted and it has backfired woefully. Also when you are in the public eye there will always be people who don't like what you are wearing -that comes with the territory. I am more referring to how she has behaved and what I see based on what the photographs reveal and a lot of what she projects in her interviews. From my perspective the photos and the invterviews match up.

Monaco itself has in the past projected a certain image. I think what most find objectionable is the image of what once was and what it is becoming. There are certain protocols and behavior one expects from a royal and those are different from what one expects from a celebrity or other profession. I read the other boards and from what I have read there, Charlene has infact gotten off lightly. I tend to compare her to Kate Middleton whom I thought did an excellant job and the contrast to Charlene is quite obvious. But I suppose you could argue that what is expected of British royals is not the same for Monaco. JMO

hibou said:
I'm not referring to the clothes at events. I'm referring to her behavior in talking to the press and what she has said in those interviews. Those interviews speak volumes about who she is as a person and they were done to project a positive image of her. It was a PR move on Albert's part to get her accepted and it has backfired woefully. Also when you are in the public eye there will always be people who don't like what you are wearing -that comes with the territory. I am more referring to how she has behaved and what I see based on what the photographs reveal and a lot of what she projects in her interviews. From my perspective the photos and the invterviews match up.

Monaco itself has in the past projected a certain image. I think what most find objectionable is the image of what once was and what it is becoming. There are certain protocols and behavior one expects from a royal and those are different from what one expects from a celebrity or other profession. I read the other boards and from what I have read there, Charlene has infact gotten off lightly. I tend to compare her to Kate Middleton whom I thought did an excellant job and the contrast to Charlene is quite obvious. But I suppose you could argue that what is expected of British royals is not the same for Monaco. JMO
Most people are knocking the clothes she wears and it appears she is trying.

Monaco itself has in the past projected a certain image. I think what most find objectionable is the image of what once was and what it is becoming.
Perhaps your's and others expectations are to high of what was and what is. No one can be Princess Grace she stood on her own. That was part of Rainier's problem with woman Albert dated they weren't meeting up to his standard which was Grace. In the end when Albert decides to marry I don't think he will care what others think of his choice just that he loves her. It's his life and he knows how he feels and what makes him happy.

Albert blames his not being married on the paparazzi, who, he claims, have unsettled his various girlfriends, especially the American swimmer Mary Wayte, a Sharon Stone-lookalike who won a gold medal the l984 Olympics. Albert was crazy about her, he says, and evidently she felt the same way about him, but “she was one of the ones who got scared.” That his bride would inevitably be compared to Grace makes this not an easy family to come into.
From this article Dispatches from the Vanishing World.Com Mary's father also spoke to the press about them.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with Donna and Hibou! The choice of Charline's clothing is the least of the reasons why she isn't liked. Ones who do like her always talk about the same things: she seems nice, pretty, fun...and that's about it. Well that is not enough for someone looking to be a Princess.JMO
Even though I wouldn't dismiss her choice of clothing either, they show part of her personality, class, elegance, sophistication, social intelligence.
Her mannerism, coarse gestures and gronge look that she projects bother me more than clothing itself.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Thank you. While I wouldn't call her beautiful like Princess Grace, Charlene appears to be pretty in her own way. I think Albert likes athletic woman for a few reasons and one is they are more likely to understand his compassion for sports. Many woman don't and it can destroy a relationship. Part of why I stopped posting here was the constant posts of others telling you your opinion is wrong and belittling of Albert and Charlene. It gets on your nerves besides being negative all the time is a downer and life is for so many more doesn't need to be added.

I agree that obviously some men prefer women that have a strong, muscular athletic build. Ok, CW has trained for years, so muscles is what she has. I think she looked better in the dress she wore to the ball last year. The color & cut, shoes, her hair, make-up (imo) were not remarkable, but much more complimentary to her, I think.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/red-cross-ball-august-4th-2006-a-10135-7.html

#128 #135 187 http://img159.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=69085_redcross6_397lo.jpg

I think CW is trying with her clothes (I guess) and ok her taste is certainly not my taste at all. Albert has said over and over that he is not marrying anyone and come on now, he's almost 50, bald & fatty with a boatload of money and he's a prince. He does not have to marry anyone, if (when) he gets tired of CW, he'll find a different 28 - 30 year old to show a good time. No problem for him. For now, he seems to like Charlene (PR tactic or whatever, she's the one that keeps showing in front of the camera at the moment)

I don't think CW is bad, just a little out of her depth, a little crude, no formal eduation, and so on. She's not the only non-royal born to date a prince. There are not many Mathilde's in this world.

If Albert likes her (he keeps inviting her around to different places so he must like her), that's all that matters, isn't it?

just my opinion:flowers:

Last edited:
I don't compare her to Princess Grace.

Unlike others here I thought Charlene's presentation throughout the Grand Prix was dreadful. Someone needs to help her - and frankly I blame Albert that she's still awkward and, well... I don't know what. By now someone should have helped her develop her own style and presence - if for no other reason so that she doesn't embarrass herself in public. I'll grant this years photos are yards better than last years, but she's still got miles to go. If she really mattered to him, he'd help her. And it annoys me that he doesn't - at least it looks that way to me.

But the other problems I have with Charlene, her lack of education, lack of a job, living at the expense of others (her father or Albert or someone... she doesn't work.), apparently still not speaking French... this sham of "training" for the Olympics... She does nothing to indicate that she cares a fig for Monaco or his people. Maybe she does and we're not seeing it, but I think if she showed up at the pools to help kids swim, at the creche, at the old folks home, a church bring-and-buy, there'd be photographic evidence of it - and we have none. We do have pictures of Albert walking her to the doctor, of his trainer (who gives every appearence of being her babysitter) walking her around Monaco, driving her around in her new Audi, so if she was doing anything for Monaco we'd have pictures of that too. But we don't. Nothing.

She needs to get a real job and make some attempt at showing she cares about Monaco as much as she cares about partying to earn my respect. Until then I'll probably remain highly critical of both of them. At his age, with his experience, he should be able to conduct a relationship with more class, decorum and grace.

I don't get what's going on w/the two of them either - most of it seems to be for publicity, but who's benefiting?! The outings seem staged, the smiles phony - what's the point?! Especially if he has no intention of marrying her - he's wasting time, then, instead of pursuing someone more suitable.

I see your points Laura Elizabeth especially on the suggestions to have already turned up at pools etc &assisted the elderly. Thse would have been excellent opportunities to give back something.You have echoed my sentiments more articultely than I.But I cannot agree that at at thirty[30] a woman needs to polish her style if she has not developed one yet.CW comes from an affluent backround& they want for nothing so why the awkwardness?I do not blame PA on this.I put the responsibility of CW's presentation fiascos& lack of potential consideration for others on the identical individuals who race to Bunte & other tabloids to give interviews.Strange they know the whereabouts of these periodicals yet seemingly perhaps care solely about the objective, the aim. Perhaps there is one focus;one aim here to attain, to achieve the goal: Princess.It appears blatant and somewhat embarrassing by how overt it is[if that is indeed the case].And that is the negativity here and not the criticism regardless of who is to blame.

Last edited:
Laura Elizabeth said:
I don't compare her to Princess Grace.

Unlike others here I thought Charlene's presentation throughout the Grand Prix was dreadful. Someone needs to help her - and frankly I blame Albert that she's still awkward and, well... I don't know what. By now someone should have helped her develop her own style and presence - if for no other reason so that she doesn't embarrass herself in public. I'll grant this years photos are yards better than last years, but she's still got miles to go. If she really mattered to him, he'd help her. And it annoys me that he doesn't - at least it looks that way to me.

But the other problems I have with Charlene, her lack of education, lack of a job, living at the expense of others (her father or Albert or someone... she doesn't work.), apparently still not speaking French... this sham of "training" for the Olympics... She does nothing to indicate that she cares a fig for Monaco or his people. Maybe she does and we're not seeing it, but I think if she showed up at the pools to help kids swim, at the creche, at the old folks home, a church bring-and-buy, there'd be photographic evidence of it - and we have none. We do have pictures of Albert walking her to the doctor, of his trainer (who gives every appearence of being her babysitter) walking her around Monaco, driving her around in her new Audi, so if she was doing anything for Monaco we'd have pictures of that too. But we don't. Nothing.

She needs to get a real job and make some attempt at showing she cares about Monaco as much as she cares about partying to earn my respect. Until then I'll probably remain highly critical of both of them. At his age, with his experience, he should be able to conduct a relationship with more class, decorum and grace.

Forgive me for contradicting, but why would Charlene do anything for Monaco (now at least)? As far as I know, none of the current Crown Princesses did anything for their respective countries prior to their engagements/weddings.

I'm not defending Charlene - I know nothing about her, she's not the type of beauty I like (though she is pretty, imo), most of the times I don't find her dress sence attractive either.

However, I'm all willing to give her chance (if Prince Albert will eventually decide to marry her, that is).
I see absolutely no point in compring her to Princess Grace - there has never been and will never be another Grace. But who knows - maybe Charlene could become quite an asset to Monaco (again, given she will become Princess of Monaco)? We could have hardly imagine what any of the Current Princesses will be like prior to their marriages.

This is all only my opinion. I certianly respect the opinions of the rest of you people.

FROM ITALiAn ON LInE MAGAZINE ALEXIS

from alexis.it concerning CHARLNE TRIP TO ROME, and photos on Novella200 gossip magazines..

"Bye Bye di Charlene Wittstock a Max Rosolino. Tra loro c’è stato un approccio quasi sentimentale, poi però è arrivato Alberto di Monaco e tutto è finito tra Charlene & Max. “Ora siamo molto amici”, dice l’Azzurro Rosolino. Ma i gossip velenosi circolano tra Roma e Montecarlo. Si conoscono da tanto tempo, si allenavano insieme in Australia (per smorzare le chiacchiere dovette intervenire ancheRoberta Capua).

They told that Charlene had an "Half love affair" ( so, not serious raletionship!) with max, but when she meet Albert she got crazy for him.

It seams that on Novella 2000 interview Max says "NOW, we are very good friends".
But there are some hot gossips between Room and Montecarlo.
They (charlene and max) are long time friend because they spent a lot of time training in the same pool in Australia.
It seems also that, at that time, the Italian Show Girl Roberta Capua, girlfriend of Rosolino (They had a love affair from 2003 until 2006), gave an interview in order to stop rumors about love story between Charlene and max.

Can Anyone post the interview that max gave to Novella2000? I'm Curious to see if he ammited that , he had a love story with Charlene.

I Live in Milan, and as I'm a Swimmer (not professional), I always followed Max Rosolino but It's the first time I heard about a relationship with Charlene.

Concerning Charlene. I don't like her way to manage this relationship, I think that sometimes she looks cheap and polish.

Maybe she is a very nice person, but she is not "princess to be" material.

but I have to say that I compared charlene photos and outfits from last year until today, and I think that she is working on her image.
Maybe she is trying to find her own style...

Charlene will never have the style and the class of Grace Kelly. Charlene is not Grace kelly ( No woman in the world can survive if compared with Grace!!!)

May I ask to moderators:wub: if we can open a Charlene Wittstock Fashion Tread? So we can compare photos from last year until now, and see how she is improving her style?

Thanks, :flowers:

Michelle

Half love affair, is that like a little pregnant? ;) :D

Anyways from those pics it was pretty obvious that it wasn't just a buddy- buddy friendship. There was more emotion and complicity in those pics then I have seen in any pics of her with Albert. When you consider that shortly after the Turin pics she was talking about Albert being her soulmate and then you compare the Rome pics with all the others, then you wouldn't have guessed that she was talking about ALbert.

Thanks for the info Michelle.

Re: PACA

Ciao Paca,

:ROFLMAO: Half love affair is the translation of Italian Slang ... "Mezza Storia" ... that young people (ex. my nephew) use in order to describe a love story that is not important.. :ROFLMAO:

I Know, it's strange... :rolleyes: :)

So that would be a short fling or sth to the likes. A relationship that basically excludes all deeper emotions except lust :D Thanks for clearing that up Michelle.

Just to make sure that my post doesn't get misunderstood by other posters. I didn't interpret it as in Charlene was pregnant from Max or anyone else for that matter (at least I hope not), just playing on the expression that some young women use: I think I might be a little pregnant... :D

"Tra loro c’è stato un approccio quasi sentimentale, poi però è arrivato Alberto di Monaco e tutto è finito tra Charlene & Max"

So MAX is the guy she was dating when Albert came along, this has been a piece of info that circulated right after turin. When i look at the two men I see them at two different extremes. How can a woman be genuinely attracted by MAX, which she surely was and obviously still is, and then make such a radical change and turn towards an old guy like albert. I think it is very clear why she dumped one and chose the other. This girl doesn't stay true to herself. How can someone have any respect for someone who sells herself this way? If albert will ever marry her, and give her the material stability which appears to be very important to her, there is no doubt she'll turn around and finally look for love with a man her age, and good looking, who will make her happy.
Albert should come to the realization that at this point in his life all the young women who are interested in him may have other reasons than love, and affection. The good old days are gone .

Last edited:
Can Anyone post the interview that max gave to Novella2000? I'm Curious to see if he ammited that , he had a love story with Charlene.

Honestly this is the very first time I read that they were sweeton each other. In the Rome pics they looked to be very close, but this doesn't necessarily mean that you have an affair with any guy/girl you feel comfortable with.
I didn't read the Novella article, but I read something about it on the Fans Club di Rosolino e Titova! website, where the poster who'd read the interview wrote he says they are just long time friends, but no love story mentioned.

Anyway how could he think of dumping a gorgeous, elegant, classy lady like Roberta Capua is (she was elected Miss Italy) for a colourless person such as Charlene is (I have nothing against her, I am just wondering...). However I can't help wondering how could an intelligent lady such as Roberta is live with Max.:rolleyes: When you want to keep a date secret, you don't take her, although along with other friends, to dine out in Rome, that's the "realm of the razzis" since the times of Linda Christian and Tyrone Power.
Any Italian celebrities wouldn't wander around Rome, Milan - or Sardinia and the Adriatic coast in the summer- with their dates, if they don't really want to get photographed.

BTW, as for the Alexis website, well, they also wrote some not so flattering things about Rainier, Grace and Steph either... I would take it with a grain of salt. JMO, of course.

Last edited:
paca said:

Anyways from those pics it was pretty obvious that it wasn't just a buddy- buddy friendship. There was more emotion and complicity in those pics then I have seen in any pics of her with Albert. When you consider that shortly after the Turin pics she was talking about Albert being her soulmate and then you compare the Rome pics with all the others, then you wouldn't have guessed that she was talking about ALbert.

Thanks for the info Michelle.

:ROFLMAO: Good one Paca:lol: :ROFLMAO: I agree totally. She showed much more loving emotion in the Rome pictures than with Albert. Perhaps it was an attempt to make him jealous. I don't see that happening.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom