Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was the only one who felt this way...so your response is a relief. I am not brave enough to state it as bluntly as you, because I was once called a snob and an elitist on another board LOL! But I feel exactly the same.

I'd rather see PA remain single than stumble into marriage with a bimbo or an unsuitable woman. I have no doubt that Princess Caroline could handle being a the Crown Princess and an excellent one. My concern is her son Andrea and
his siblings. Andrea strikes me a sort of a lost soul-since this is not the Forum to discuss him I won't elaborate. Let me just say that his image rignt now is not inspiring a lot of confidence.....

CaliforniaDreamin, RoyalPauper and Jaya (the calling of "reigning" demands much of you! :pawprint:) - I am number four in your bunch! :)

I thought I was the only one who felt this way...so your response is a relief. I am not brave enough to state it as bluntly as you, because I was once called a snob and an elitist on another board LOL! But I feel exactly the same.

I'd rather see PA remain single than stumble into marriage with a bimbo or an unsuitable woman. I have no doubt that Princess Caroline could handle being a the Crown Princess and an excellent one. My concern is her son Andrea and
his siblings. Andrea strikes me a sort of a lost soul-since this is not the Forum to discuss him I won't elaborate. Let me just say that his image rignt now is not inspiring a lot of confidence.....

I SECOND THAT..... Albert needs to stay single because CW doesn't seem like the material for royality. It doesn't matter if he is 80 before he takes the plunge he should just make sure it is the right one!:flowers:

I think that man in there fifty feel old but if they have young woman it make them feel young.

I think that man in there fifty feel old but if they have young woman it make them feel young.

In their own distorted mind!

That might make them feel young, but it makes them look old!
Not to mention very insecure!

On the other board it was mentioned by some, how much more attractive Albert looked next to a women that was more age appropriate. (We were speaking of the woman he was walking into Saks with).

Having a trophy wife is a man using a women to desperately make a point that he is still valid. It objectifies women and that is why most women don't find this scenerio flattering. Most women these days are not interested in dating a man just to boost his ego. Unless one is the type of woman that is happy to serve as a commodity?

There are exceptions, but I don't believe it's the case with Albert, as it's not just Charlene's chronological age (which is worrisome enough). It is also that she does not carry herself in a mature way, as an adult women, it shows and is magnified next to Albert, by his age and position. Charlene does not come across as cultivated, even for her own age of 29. Perhaps Albert is trying to wait until his 20 something girlfriend has at least reached the age of thirty before he makes any kind of announcement. This doesn't make him any younger, or the age difference any less?

"Women marry men, hoping to change them. They never do.
Men marry women, hoping they'll never change. They always do."
-Oscar Wilde

In their own distorted mind!

That might make them feel young, but it makes them look old!
Not to mention very insecure!

On the other board it was mentioned by some, how much more attractive Albert looked next to a women that was more age appropriate. (We were speaking of the woman he was walking into Saks with).

Having a trophy wife is a man using a women to desperately make a point that he is still valid. It objectifies women and that is why most women don't find this scenerio flattering. Most women these days are not interested in dating a man just to boost his ego. Unless one is the type of woman that is happy to serve as a commodity?

There are exceptions, but I don't believe it's the case with Albert, as it's not just Charlene's chronological age (which is worrisome enough). It is also that she does not carry herself in a mature way, as an adult women, it shows and is magnified next to Albert, by his age and position. Charlene does not come across as cultivated, even for her own age of 29. Perhaps Albert is trying to wait until his 20 something girlfriend has at least reached the age of thirty before he makes any kind of announcement. This doesn't make him any younger, or the age difference any less?

"Women marry men, hoping to change them. They never do.
Men marry women, hoping they'll never change. They always do."
-Oscar Wilde

Most women who have something going for themselves (like Tracy Mattes) would probably not tolerate being objectified. Trophy? Well, CW is totally willing to be the trophy, and it's obvious that she has a different set of values for governing herself than a woman whose convictions are not to ever be seen as just an object to be used and then possibly discarded (or put aside on the shelf).

But this is the needy-with-limited-options-social climbing-type, now-wannabee-princess-type girl that Albert likes. He keeps getting the same basic person over and over again, and all of them have stayed the same approximate age too, while he has continued to get older.

I read somewhere that age differences accelerate as people get older - like the difference between 48 and 68 is huge. Perhaps even bigger than it seems between 28 and 48. Especially in the case with CW because of her (imo) lack of sophistication.

When Albert starts getting even older and perhaps fatter, crabby and grumpy like an old man and needs someone to feed him, will she be willing to do that?

Last edited:
Most women who have something going for themselves (like Tracy Mattes) would probably not tolerate being objectified. Trophy? Well, CW is totally willing to be the trophy, and it's obvious that she has a different set of values for governing herself than a woman whose convictions are not to ever be seen as just an object to be used and then possibly discarded (or put aside on the shelf).

But this is the needy-with-limited-options-social climbing-type, now-wannabee-princess-type girl that Albert likes. He keeps getting the same basic person over and over again, and all of them have stayed the same approximate age too, while he has continued to get older.

I read somewhere that age differences accelerate as people get older - like the difference between 48 and 68 is huge. Perhaps even bigger than it seems between 28 and 48. Especially in the case with CW because of her (imo) lack of sophistication.

When Albert starts getting even older and perhaps fatter, crabby and grumpy like an old man and needs someone to feed him, will she be willing to do that?

That's true, that is why I was stunned to see him with Charlene, after what he has had to deal with in the past with the last two? It is clear that character and substance hold no interest for Albert when it comes to how Albert regards or chooses the women he wants in his life? It is surprising to me since he grew up with women that I would have thought were very different.

I think he is a bit simple when it comes to his emotional development and I'm guessing he will probably continue to pay a price for it. I don't believe he is a very sophisticated man or we would see him with a different kind of woman. He likes to date women he can impress easily. I'm afraid he get's what he advertises for and he seems more than willing to pay the price.

Didn't Rainier have to sue his grandfather, because he was going to leave it all to the last woman in his life? I think there was good reason that Rainier thought he should leave Caroline as much as Albert. He wanted something to be left for the next heir. I think he didn't have a lot of confidence in his son's taste & judgement in women (for good reason). I think he also thought there might be a good chance Caroline's children would be next in line, which I think is fine.

Albert should find an adult women that can handle herself and the role she will inherit,and that can make him happy in more ways than one. I hope Charlene is worth the price for whatever happiness she seems to be giving him? I wonder if he thinks Tamara & Nicole were?

I can attest even at my age that the age difference grows bigger. I would never date men now that I did when I was younger. It's been my experience that women are the ones that dump their older husbands & trade them in for younger models. Any man who thinks otherwise should remember the Heather Mills saga? That is why I included the Oscar Wilde quote.

Last edited:
That's true, that is why I was stunned to see him with Charlene, after what he has had to deal with in the past with the last two? It is clear that character and substance hold no interest for Albert when it comes to how Albert regards or chooses the women he wants in his life? It is surprising to me since he grew up with women that I would have thought were very different.

I think he is a bit simple when it comes to his emotional development and I'm guessing he will probably continue to pay a price for it. I don't believe he is a very sophisticated man or we would see him with a different kind of woman. He likes to date women he can impress easily. I'm afraid he get's what he advertises for and he seems more than willing to pay the price.

Didn't Rainier have to sue his grandfather, because he was going to leave it all to the last woman in his life? I think there was good reason that Rainier thought he should leave Caroline as much as Albert. He wanted something to be left for the next heir. I think he didn't have a lot of confidence in his son's taste & judgement in women (for good reason). I think he also thought there might be a good chance Caroline's children would be next in line, which I think is fine.

Albert should find an adult women that can handle herself and the role she will inherit,and that can make him happy in more ways than one. I hope Charlene is worth the price for whatever happiness she seems to be giving him? I wonder if he thinks Tamara & Nicole were?

I can attest even at my age that the age difference grows bigger. I would never date men now that I did when I was younger. It's been my experience that women are the ones that dump their older husbands & trade them in for younger models. Any man who thinks otherwise should remember the Heather Mills saga? That is why I included the Oscar Wilde quote.

I think Tamara was more of a one-night stand than a long-standing affair. His relationship with Nicole lasted for about 5 years and was kept out the public eye.

The thing I can't reconcile now is how the media calls the PGA a family affair, and any woman see as Albert's date is relegated to as "the one." Despite taking Alicia Warlick (perhaps the only public outing Albert & Alicia had), the palace finally had to release a statement that there will be no engagement or something to that effect. For me, the PGA is a celebration of Grace together with members of the princely family, friends, sponsors, etc.

All good points, and I agree. I am surprised by Albert in a way, but then not surprised at all. I don't begrudge him his happiness, in fact, just the opposite. But it would be interesting to see him with someone who could really fire-up everyone's imagination and really inspire people for once, rather than just someone who comes off like she was made from some quick & easy dessert mix. You know: different flavor, same formula (just add water). No muss, no fuss, no preparations - just instant cake.

A more mature woman would probably challenge Albert in ways that he's probably not able or wanting to handle (yet). She'd probably have a higher bar, even though Albert comes with some interesting baggage. Too bad Albert isn't attracted to high quality women.:neutral:

Last edited:
There are lots of gorgeuos and sophisticated women in their thirty's and forty's who would perhaps suit prince Albert better, and for some reason he doesn't seem to have a problem attracting beautiful women. This makes my synical self think that he is going for breeding stock rather than a wife and fist lady of Monaco. If this is the case, a 28-year old, athletic woman is a good choise. She's young enough to have several children, but not too young and inexperienced, although a bit naive, perhaps?

I really hope that I'm wrong and that he really loves and wants to marry Charlene. After this years official outings, Albert will look like a fool if he doesn't marry her. My opinion ofcourse..

If Charlene is at National Day ( Witch I Hope Not ) then maybe it will go to the next level.

There are lots of gorgeuos and sophisticated women in their thirty's and forty's who would perhaps suit prince Albert better, and for some reason he doesn't seem to have a problem attracting beautiful women. This makes my synical self think that he is going for breeding stock rather than a wife and fist lady of Monaco. If this is the case, a 28-year old, athletic woman is a good choise. She's young enough to have several children, but not too young and inexperienced, although a bit naive, perhaps?

I really hope that I'm wrong and that he really loves and wants to marry Charlene. After this years official outings, Albert will look like a fool if he doesn't marry her. My opinion ofcourse..

Welcome Hanna Regina! You may be correct in your thinking as the Kelly family were all very athletic except perhaps Grace. I hope he marries someone who will not only love him and support him but love the citizens of Monaco sincerely. Charlene has never given me the impression that she is a warm person. If Albert marries her I hope for his sake that she loves him and not his money.

I think Tamara was more of a one-night stand than a long-standing affair. His relationship with Nicole lasted for about 5 years and was kept out the public eye.

The thing I can't reconcile now is how the media calls the PGA a family affair, and any woman see as Albert's date is relegated to as "the one." Despite taking Alicia Warlick (perhaps the only public outing Albert & Alicia had), the palace finally had to release a statement that there will be no engagement or something to that effect. For me, the PGA is a celebration of Grace together with members of the princely family, friends, sponsors, etc.
And so far the palace is very quiet on Charlene, and Albert seems to have lost his liking for sueing tabloids and the likes as well. :ohmy: There's the rule that they don't comment on private affairs, but personally, I wouldn't qualify Charlene as a private affair (not anymore). I read a lovely quote from Cecilia Sarkozy (freshly divorced ex-wife of the French president) today: something along the lines of that when you become involved in a relationship with a politician, privacy and public life become one.
I'm not so sure that ex-athletes make good breeding stock. There are also a lot of them that have problems in that particular area. And I wonder what and how these so-called healthy atlethes look like in fifty years time. Too much exercise and training isn't healthy at all.

I believe (?) Tamara was in Monaco for two weeks - an extended (?) vacation I'm guessing with Albert hosting (?), after hooking up with Tamara at a party, by her published account? Albert had one of his guys invite her & her girlfriend, after seeing them at a tennis match.

I do not believe the relationship with Nicole lasted 5 yrs as people keep referring to, that time span seems more like the time we found out about her after the baby was two+ yrs old, I don't think they were involved after Nicole got pregnant? In fact I don't think there was much of a relationship leading up to that point from what I gather, as he was dating Alicia for around two yrs (?). (IMO) That is what prompted Nicole's action, she admitted to seeing the magazines marriage rumors? (JMO) but my guess is after the first few months, Nicole was more of a bootie call for a couple years. Possibly, she offered herself up hoping it would turn into something else (?), sadly as some women do? (JMO) It is not my intention to revisit all this, but to explain my remark.

My point was - Does Albert's indulgences seem worth it to him after the fact, when he has to pay a big price for his little bit of fun in the end? That is why I mentioned he needs someone that will make him happy in more than one way? And if Charlene & Albert are really in love and not just using each other to stroke their own ego's or to their own selfish benefit. Then I wish them all the luck in the world, regardless of my opinons are of either one of them. Truely!

I think the media is just interested in selling magazines, that is what these magazine do, they are meant to provoke more than offer up any form of journalism that has anything to do with facts.

As far as the PGA awards this particular year, it was meant to be a tribute to Albert's mother, the whole year was meant (?) to pay homage to Princess Grace, not showcase Albert's girlfriend, which is what they seemed to spend the last year doing. Why he found this neccessary or appropriate is beyond me? There would be more interest in Charlene (will maybe not? but less criticism:)) If they did not go to the great lengths that they have in trying to sell her to the public? They have only served to overexpose her (and their ignorance) in a year that was meant to be a year to pay tribute to his mother, Princess Grace and it seems many people resent them both for this.

If she is nothing more at this time, than his girlfriend she should be presented that way, instead of in the way one's wife would be, of a man in his position (this he does not seem to fully comprehend? (IMO)). If he plans on marrying her, their lack of discretion in not keeping their private life private has made her about as popular as Wallis Simpson was. Whatever their intentions are? In the year of "Grace" They've shown none!

All good points, and I agree. I am surprised by Albert in a way, but then not surprised at all. I don't begrudge him his happiness, in fact, just the opposite. But it would be interesting to see him with someone who could really fire-up everyone's imagination and really inspire people for once, rather than just someone who comes off like she was made from some quick & easy dessert mix. You know: different flavor, same formula (just add water). No muss, no fuss, no preparations - just instant cake.

A more mature woman would probably challenge Albert in ways that he's probably not able or wanting to handle (yet). She'd probably have a higher bar, even though Albert comes with some interesting baggage. Too bad Albert isn't attracted to high quality women.:neutral:

Well said, Lillia.
I think you hit in on the nail, that people wish he would make a more inspired choice. He does not seem very interested in finding a woman of much substance, yet he can't understand why people including his family members from what one has read are disappointed in his choices? I think it might be a case of his level of maturity. It certainly brings it into question. I second your thoughts, it is too bad he is not interested in high quality women or a new era in Monaco that the people of Monaco would look forward to and be proud of. I'm still hoping it will happen one day as Monaco is still a unique place these days, it would be nice if Albert could find a women to match it.

My point was - Does Albert's indulgences seem worth it to him after the fact, when he has to pay a big price for his little bit of fun in the end? That is why I mentioned he needs someone that will make him happy in more than one way? And if Charlene & Albert are really in love and not just using each other to stroke their own ego's or to their own selfish benefit. Then I wish them all the luck in the world, regardless of my opinons are of either one of them. Truely!

As far as the PGA awards this particular year, it was meant to be a tribute to Albert's mother, the whole year was meant (?) to pay homage to Princess Grace, not showcase Albert's girlfriend, which is what they seemed to spend the last year doing. Why he found this neccessary or appropriate is beyond me? There would be more interest in Charlene (will maybe not? but less criticism:)) If they did not go to the great lengths that they have in trying to sell her to the public? They have only served to overexpose her (and their ignorance) in a year that was meant to be a year to pay tribute to his mother, Princess Grace and it seems many people resent them both for this.

If she is nothing more at this time, than his girlfriend she should be presented that way, instead of in the way one's wife would be, of a man in his position (this he does not seem to fully comprehend? (IMO)). If he plans on marrying her, their lack of discretion in not keeping their private life private has made her about as popular as Wallis Simpson was. Whatever their intentions are? In the year of "Grace" They've shown none!
IMO, Albert payed very dearly for his moments of fun, but somehow I'm not sure he has learned from them. With regard to the remainder of the quote, you're right. Maybe we'll find out the why and how someday.

BTW, talking about appropriate behaviour and surprises, has this video been posted?
RTL Exclusiv online sehen - Das Star-Magazin als Video bei RTLnow.de The item starts around the 4 minute mark. Is Albert really doing what I think he's doing?
3d-surpris-non.gif

Quote"...It is not my intention to revisit this..." Possibly, but you did. I'm sure you had some hidden point re the "mothers and their insignificance and Charlene's. But its good that the point about Tamara being on vacation was good as yet some people here recently referred to her "one night stand"---two weeks of romance is different. If any of this has to do with a present relationship--it,imo doesn't. But I'm not the mod.

IMO, Albert payed very dearly for his moments of fun, but somehow I'm not sure he has learned from them. With regard to the remainder of the quote, you're right. Maybe we'll find out the why and how someday.

BTW, talking about appropriate behaviour and surprises, has this video been posted?
RTL Exclusiv online sehen - Das Star-Magazin als Video bei RTLnow.de The item starts around the 4 minute mark. Is Albert really doing what I think he's doing?
3d-surpris-non.gif

That is exactly what I was saying.
Hasn't he paid a big enough price a few times over? Yet, he doesn't seem to have either learned or he just doesn't mind paying the price - It was said his friends warned him before in the other cases? He is not able to recognize what other people could sum up in an instant in regard to one's character? He has no forsight? Or he just doesn't care? If looks & legs are more important to him than anything else, which seems to be the case? Even there I woud say he has a taste for mediocrity. He does not set boundaries for himself or for the women he dates? You can probably find some good in everyone and have some fond feelings or empathy, but you have to set bounderies, or you only have yourself to blame when you make a fool out of yourself or worse when you let someone else do it for you.

Yes people have been talking about the video, no wonder he has a hard time finding the correct term to introduce her, but he doesn't mind showing us-go figure? Like I said before he seems not to have transitioned into his new role of Monarch yet?

Last edited:
Quote"...It is not my intention to revisit this..." Possibly, but you did. I'm sure you had some hidden point re the "mothers and their insignificance and Charlene's. But its good that the point about Tamara being on vacation was good as yet some people here recently referred to her "one night stand"---two weeks of romance is different. If any of this has to do with a present relationship--it,imo doesn't. But I'm not the mod.

No Olga it was not directed at you, but for the purpose as I mention. Which of course I stated as my opinion.
But for heavens sake - Why do want to make yourself even more obvious!

Let's get back on topic...the relationship of Charlene and Albert.

We are not here to discuss the specifics of Albert's relationships with Tamara or Nicole nor do we need to compare them with his relationship with Charlene.

Thank you.

He probably did not think anyone was watching from behind when he placed his hand on Charlene's backside. I liked Charlene's gown. Very elegant. I guess being that Princess Caroline was there, perhaps she is more accepting of the fact that Charlene has become a part of Prince Albert's life.

He probably did not think anyone was watching from behind when he placed his hand on Charlene's backside. I liked Charlene's gown. Very elegant. I guess being that Princess Caroline was there, perhaps she is more accepting of the fact that Charlene has become a part of Prince Albert's life.
Thanks I can't view the videos and was wondering what people were taling about.

No trophy wife of Albert needs to do anything like that because the Grimaldis can afford to hire feeders. Or else, it could reach the stage where Albert has to walk around with an IV in his arm, and a servant bobbing behind with the drip bag and tubing. ;)

In today's edition of TG4, they were speculating about Albert to announce his wedding to Charlene on Jan. 25th, on the occasion of Charlene's 30th birthday. :question::ermm:

Here's the link to the video:

Video Mediaset.it

To view it click on the small Charlene picture on the right hand side, where it reads. "Nozze a Montecarlo"

I think they'll defintiely be engaged and married this year which will be nice for him.

I'll take the bet that he marries this year and predict the ring will be platinum with a 5 carat Princess cut diamond.
You're on! I'm betting it's not going to happen in 2008. What are we betting for? A bottle of champagne to celebrate? :cheers: :wine: (couldn't find any champagne icons) :flowers:;)

No,I don't think so if he wanted to marry her he would have done it long time ago.

I'll take the bet that he marries this year and predict the ring will be platinum with a 5 carat Princess cut diamond.

You're on! I'm betting it's not going to happen in 2008. What are we betting for? A bottle of champagne to celebrate? :cheers: :wine: (couldn't find any champagne icons) :flowers:;)

No,I don't think so if he wanted to marry her he would have done it long time ago.
Notice I said he will I didn't say they will.

Notice I said he will I didn't say they will.
Mmmmm, you aren't by any chance his secret fiancee are you? With Charlene as the decoy? Or a relative, friend, something or other. You come across as being very sure of this including the design of the ring, do you have inside info? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom