Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Adia, the writer of Midi libre Henry-Jean Servat, is if I am not mistaken also the author of a book about Monaco or Grimaldis. In any case he is a well known jetset writer and apparently like Stephane Berne showing them in a favourable light. I wouldn't put it past him to have been approach by palace PR to write sth up mentioning Charlene. I think all the PR contracts and speech contracts are coming her way due to her relation with Albert ad some clever PR management. They are trying to establish her as a brand with some image. And there are quite a lot of strings that can be pulled promisses of interviews with Albert (he is seeked after but mostly turns them down) in return for some positive coverage. By making out as if she is able to support this lifestyle all by herself and not depending on Albert, they are trying to boost her image. Though it escapes me, why you would want to establish her in the advertising market, when she is aiming for a different title. Having some kind of income is not a bad idea, but if she wants a positive image she needs to have sth more profound then a few glossy pics and giving speeches that someone rehearsed with her and wrote for her. You are absolutely right in saying it is a facade. But all these jornalists and media experts know that it is a facade and they know that if Charlene get's the job, there is money to be made by publishing the truth. Whom are they doing it for? A lot of people already do not like her without knowing all the little details that we know. They will like and respect her even less once the truth is published. And they will not be able to deny it as, the Grimaldis are known for their use of lawyers to make people believe their way of seeing things, those who are smelling a good bookdeal, will be collecting unrefutable evidence as they go along. And what then? Another PR campaign? When I look at the lengths they are going for this woman for to sell her off as being the best thing since sliced bread, when indeed she is a pretty nondiscript ordinary (in every sense of the word) woman with a rich old boyfriend. Why not try to find one that does not need all this effort to begin with? There are plenty of nice pretty women out there. What does he see so special in this one (or does he?) that in a certain aspect he goes to great lengths for her, but on the other hand when it comes to getting her some help with respect to dress, manners, etc. he leave her out in the cold? It looks to me very undecided. Ad at present I believe he really doesn't know himself where this all is going to lead him. Maybe that should give him a clue that he is forcing a shoe to fit, when instead he should look for the person who actually fits into the shoe naturally.

...I don’t say that you lie us, MyAdia, but me one always quoted me of many proverbs who reflects the life, our acts, our words...:
1.Say me which you frequent I will say which you are,
2.It does not have there smoke without fire
3.A lost reputation isn’t found any more.
4. Large teller is not large maker.
5. Good reputation is better than beautiful clothes

lckc571
Here's my favorite quote, one by Maya Angelou: “When people show you who they are, believe them!” Albert is a proud Olympian and IOC member, so I think Charlene played her cards right when she hooked up with Albert again and sang the Olympic swan song. She knows what she has to say at what moments to achieve her particular purposes. Charlene is a professional swimmer and definitely knows how to strategize.

Charlene’s fawning all over Albert at the world-wide televised Opening Ceremonies of the Turin Olympicswas my introduction of who she is (for the record she has shown last month that she is able to sit at a sporting event with him and not fawn all over him. She looked quite nice at the soccer match with him. Also, for the record, Albert has taken a woman to the Olympics before and she was able to watch an event without hanging all over him to mark her territory. Here are a pictures of Albert with Angie Everhart at the Nagano Olympics on February 10, 1998 . Of course other things happened in between (revelation of 2001 interview of first date & Maldives hot tub pictures in front of staff), but when I saw that she did not show for the nationals in April 2006 especially after her unprecedented Paris Match interview declarations that swimming is the only thing on her mind, the picture of who she is was becoming quite clear to me.

She was listed as a no show for the 50m backstroke (event #33 at this link) and the 100m backstroke (event #53 at this link), but yet she was talking to a South African reporter and letting South Africa know that she was going to the Monaco Grand Prix and planning her wardrobe with a designer. She did compete in one event in 2006, the World Cup trials (Muscle Science KZN Provincial) in December. She performed in the 200m (event #231) and 400m (event #181) freestyle relay events and her team placed 1st in both events, which is a great accomplishment! But again, at least the first 5 placers of the individual 50m freestyle event (event #159: Burger, Van Wyk, Retief, Mouton, Prinsloo) DID NOT compete in the relay. Likewise, in the 100m individual freestyle, the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd placers (event #261: Burger, Retief, Vorster) DID NOT compete in the relay (the 4th placer Greyling was on the 2nd place 400m relay team and the 5th placer Rogers was on Charlene's team. Athletes talk "smack" to boost their confidence while competing, but Charlene talks "smack" but hardly compete.

The final defining moment where Charlene showed me who she was happened at the Nice airport on Sep 4, 2006. Throughout the great Albert & Charlene fairytale romance (as deemed by the tabloids), there has been various pictures posted and personal reports of Albert with other women, starting with some very inappropriate pictures of Albert with the reporter Alycia Lane in April 2006. But in a once in a lifetime scenario, a photographer actually caught Charlene at the airport as she walked, then stared, stopped, then walked on passed this cover story of Albert in extremely compromising positions (but he has such a nice smile on the last pic) with another woman. Charlene’s walk on by and subsequent bragging by her father that she is still with Albert (of course she is now) really showed me who she really is – And I believe her!

I don't know about this.... I just don't know. I am totally confuddled.

I'm so sorry that Monaco is dissatisfied with the CW situation. I admit that I have reservations, although lately I have tried looking at it more objectively, even diplomatically :neutral: than I did before. I honestly don't know what it is about her that kind of gives me a bad feeling. She is pretty enough and I think she and the Prince are good friends (if not more, if not "in love" or "whatever love means", to steal the famously coined phrase of the Prince of Wales).
Yet there is something..... maybe the suddenness of her coming on the scene? The contrived way it looked? I'm not saying it was contrived. I don't know, but it looked that way, and often "gut" reactions are dead on.
Please someone, anyone, tell me I am wrong because I think Albert is a great asset to Monaco and I want to believe he wouldn't do something for contrived reasons just to .... He has so much good work yet to do that will benefit Monaco immensely (of this I feel quite strongly). Why is he 'dating' a woman for anything but love? Tell me that he is head over heels, but I really believe strongly that there is no other reason for him to have her on like this.
And if he is madly in love, then that is good enough for me. But I have a feeling it's not that way? What is the deal? Why? What's the point if not for love? He doesn't need a consort or heirs. Caroline takes care of that with five shots (herself and four kids), no she takes care of it with six shots, because she is his consort too! She has been "first lady" of Monaco for over two decades now, and she has done so well, so it would be sad to see CW step in her place as consort if CW and the Prince are not even in love! ??
:unsure:

I'm so sorry that Monaco is dissatisfied with the CW situation. I admit that I have reservations, although lately I have tried looking at it more objectively, even diplomatically :neutral: than I did before. I honestly don't know what it is about her that kind of gives me a bad feeling. She is pretty enough and I think she and the Prince are good friends (if not more, if not "in love" or "whatever love means", to steal the famously coined phrase of the Prince of Wales).
Yet there is something..... maybe the suddenness of her coming on the scene? The contrived way it looked? I'm not saying it was contrived. I don't know, but it looked that way, and often "gut" reactions are dead on.
Please someone, anyone, tell me I am wrong because I think Albert is a great asset to Monaco and I want to believe he wouldn't do something for contrived reasons just to .... He has so much good work yet to do that will benefit Monaco immensely (of this I feel quite strongly). Why is he 'dating' a woman for anything but love? Tell me that he is head over heels, but I really believe strongly that there is no other reason for him to have her on like this.
And if he is madly in love, then that is good enough for me. But I have a feeling it's not that way? What is the deal? Why? What's the point if not for love? He doesn't need a consort or heirs. Caroline takes care of that with five shots (herself and four kids), no she takes care of it with six shots, because she is his consort too! She has been "first lady" of Monaco for over two decades now, and she has done so well, so it would be sad to see CW step in her place as consort if CW and the Prince are not even in love! ??
:unsure:

Well My Adia has summed up a great deal already so let's look at the body language between Charlene and Albert or Chelsy Davey and Harry or any of the other royals and their loves. Something is missing for sure. So why he is doing this is the million dollar question. It isn't love or he'd would have been engaged by Christmas or New Years. JMO

I easily imagine the athletes who were obliged to make sacrifices, had to work to earn their living, and obviously to involve themselves hard, see Charlene having money or to be sponsored without any effort... and to hate her
she will not be made friends in this medium... then think that she can make official receptions of charity for the athletes as she enjoys to say it...
in any way what she shows us does not like all

lckc571
Actually, I don't think they hate her, at least not the South African swimmers. If she goes to her club dinner, I'm sure everyone will be all over her. Realize, Charlene has been featured on several magazine covers recently throughout Europe; I'm sure some of her teammates are excited for her (although her teammates probably have to actually accomplished something swimwise to be featured on South African covers). IF Charlene marries Prince Albert, who is a great sports fanatic, I am sure her position alone, not includuing any donations that they may make, will be an extremely welcomed boost for not only Swimming South Africa (SSA) but perhaps all South African Olympics sports. Charlene, the former SA Olympian swimmer and now Princess of Monaco, would be great publicity and a great draw for other sponsors. I'm sure word has been disseminated to be mum on Charlene until after the coup.;)

...I wouldn't put it past him to have been approach by palace PR to write sth up mentioning Charlene. I think all the PR contracts and speech contracts are coming her way due to her relation with Albert ad some clever PR management. They are trying to establish her as a brand with some image...
Ok, I definitely can understand any monarch wanting to portray their potential consort in the best possible light. I find nothing wrong with enhancing anyone's image. But, I am just not feeling this brand image, especially with the car ad. For goodness sake, the woman is sprawled across a car people.:bang: I don't care how expensive the car is, it's still a cheesy car ad with a blond sprawled across the hood (it really is the hood - this is a picture of the real published ad) and the trunk (I have never seen a man sprawl across the hood of a car in an ad. They only make women do this). I defy anyone to show me any royal house who tried to sell a potential consort with a car ad. Have Mary, Mathilde, Letizia, Maxima, Camilla, or even Mette Marit modeled in a car ad as a brand image? His press manager, Madame Stahl seems too intelligent of a lady to come up with that one. Has even Laura Manadou, a current swimming champion and the official sponsoree of Albert's own SBM, done a car ad? Why in the world would he have his potential Princess do one? I have no idea why I am trying to use logic with these people. Have we seen Prince Charles, Prince Felipe, Prince Philippe, Prince Wilhem, Prince Haakan, or Prince Fred with at least one woman in an compromising or inappropriate position (let alone several women as Albert) while they were publicly dating their brides to be?

The issue for me is one of honor also. I find nothing wrong when one party in a long distance relationship move to be nearer the other and obviously it has to be Charlene in this case. I also find nothing wrong with Albert helping her to find a job or career (although I'm sure that people will criticize it). My issue is creating this facade of a career using the Olympics. Here’s a link to an article that explains why I find Charlene’s sponsorships and her constant claims of training (as she prances around the world and Monaco performing duties with Albert) so dishonorable to the Olympic spirit.

In this article (excerpt below), the president of the SA Olympic Committee complains that the country needs to invest in its stellar athletes. South Africa won 38 medals in the Commonwealth games last spring, but many athletes had to make huge financial sacrifices to even train and attend these games to represent their country honorably (of course Charlene wasn’t there). It seems most of their athletes have to work because the stipend (if any) and sponsorships are small and few for the majority of the athletes (even the stellar ones). I do not believe for one minute that Charlene is gathering sponsorhips to support herself while she diligently trains for the Olympics (as she did to make the 2000 team and as she did to try to make the 2004 team, although she fail). Charlene is gathering sponsorhips(obviously with the help of her billion dollar boyfriend, especially since Albert’s company SBM just signed a partnership with Audi) and making claims of training for the Olympics as a public relations scheme. It sounds so much more honorable, as she attend event after event and vacation after vacation with Albert, to say that she has a career and it is training for the Olympics as opposed to saying (what is clearly obvious) that she has no job or career and that she is Albert’s mistress. They both are cheapening the Olympic spirit with this farce of a career. It’s really more disgusting when you read of athletes who work multiple jobs just to even to afford to train.

Thanks for gathering all the information above MyAida. It really sheds light on the type of woman Charlene really is behind the facade.

I have posted in the past how I am disgusted with her blatent dishonesty. Now to hear that Nike, in addition to Audi has fallen for her facade of training is really sickening. She is accepting money and sponsorship on false claims and outright lies.

A neighbor of ours is a skater and when she was preparing for Sectionals the neighborhood took up a collection for her because sponsorship is so hard to find. This girl trained all day. She missed her high school dances, she hardly ever had time for her friends, she had such lofty goals and was so focused. We all respected that so much and happily donated money and support to help her fullfill her dream. As she got better, bigger companies came on to sponsor her and help pay for her training and traveling.

I cannot even fathom what everyone would think in our neighborhood if she accepted all the money raised for her and sponsorships found for her if she was never really training or competing at all, and just taking the money to create a PR image of herself.

This is what Charlene is doing. She is taking opportunities away from other athletes who are really sacrificing everything, missing young life opportunities for the sake of their dream, and training every minute to be the best. Futher she is accepting money and sponsors based on nothing but lies. This is disgusting and if these are the values and morals of the future Princess of Monaco, then shame on Prince Albert.

And shame on both CW and PA for using the sacred values of Olympics to carry out this unethical and disgusting behavior, smearing everything the Olympics are suppose to represent just for the sake of PR for CW. :bang:

I understand you, Windsor. But all that I can shrug over, I can forget it, as long as I have assurance that Prince Albert is leading on this woman for the right reasons. If he is in love, then I couldn't care less about her. What would be so sad to me is if some PR spin doctors are spinning the web and "push" the marriage about, for financial reasons, or for reasons to do with the Catholic/Vatican problem, their possible embarrassment about Prince Albert's illegitimate children and perhaps wanting to gloss over it with a royal and supposedly "proper" wedding, an attempt to redo what can't be redone, ever. All of you, surely, know what I mean. Imitating the marriage and glory of Grace and RAinier might be attempted but it will never be so, not real. No one can fictionalize that, let alone redo it in life! That was one time deal only.
My concern is only for Albert and for Monaco, and the future of the sovereignty entrusted in the Prince/Princess -- we might have our first Princess Regnant (is that what they would call it?) after him?
If Albert is in love with Charlene, then they should be married, if it's what they want.
But if not, please, Prince Albert, let Princess Caroline carry on with the First Ladyship because she is brilliant and she will be your faithful "consort" and a terrific successor, and let us never forget, first Princess Regnant!
:monacoflag:
:royalrobes:
:fleurdelis:
:royalguard:
:TRFrules:
:notworthy:

Here's my favorite quote, one by Maya Angelou: “When people show you who they are, believe them!” Albert is a proud Olympian and IOC member, so I think Charlene played her cards right when she hooked up with Albert again and sang the Olympic swan song. She knows what she has to say at what moments to achieve her particular purposes. Charlene is a professional swimmer and definitely knows how to strategize...

"Olympia" Propaganda? or Not?

Stephen Bach, the biographer of the German Filmmaker, Leni Riefenstahl, tells that some Germans had a saying for Leni,

"She only lies when her mouth is open"

Please, I'm not making any kind of political statement.
Regardless of her politics, Reni Riefenstahl was a talented filmmaker.

MyAida,
Thanks for your well researched posts!

Last edited:
Here are some of Charlene's latest sponsorship endeavors.

1. Nike Campaign: here’s the link to the gsport June 20, 2007 article.

I wish she would "Just do it!"

She has raised our expectations now, with all her lip service.

I am not disparaging her past Olympic performance, but I don't know what I think about her being a true sportswoman! I think to have this title sportswoman or sportsman, you have to show some sportsmanship? I have a hard time seeing that in her?

I think one reason Prince Albert has had such a big interest in sports might be, that he probably felt a bit isolated growing up, so he enjoys participating & being part of a team (he get's to be a real boy). I'm sure when he went to the Olympics as part of the bobsled team, he didn't expect to medal and just wanted to have the Olympic experience. He even stayed in the Olympic Village with his team mates. I read somewhere (I think it was the Director of the IOC) would call him up at 4:00 in the morning & ask if "He had Prince Albert in the can." I thought that was kind of funny. I really think he enjoys the sportmanship of it unlike Charlene who just seems competitive to me. Where she is going to be on the yacht! I think Albert would have prefered to be on the bus with his team.

That said, I am surprised as a member of the IOC & both of them being past Olympians, that Albert would not think twice about pulling favors for Charlene with people he has a relationship with. I mean already being part of the IOC appears bad enough. This doesn't show much sportsmanship in my opinion. I can't imagine the other athletes and the other members of the IOC appreciate them being so blatent about promoting her when there are other athletes far more deserving. Never mind that if he is trying to promote her as his possible choice for his wife & future princess of Monaco, I agree this is the last way I would go about it. I really can't believe he would be that clueless. Why would he want to cheapen her? Eitherway it hurts both of their images. I sure hope she can pull off another win to get herself to the Olympics, or they are both going to look ridiculous - And he can't really afford to!

Last edited:
Ok, I definitely can understand any monarch wanting to portray their potential consort in the best possible light. I find nothing wrong with enhancing anyone's image. But, I am just not feeling this brand image, especially with the car ad. For goodness sake, the woman is sprawled across a car people.:bang: I don't care how expensive the car is, it's still a cheesy car ad with a blond sprawled across the hood (it really is the hood - this is a picture of the real published ad) and the trunk (I have never seen a man sprawl across the hood of a car in an ad. They only make women do this). I defy anyone to show me any royal house who tried to sell a potential consort with a car ad. Have Mary, Mathilde, Letizia, Maxima, Camilla, or even Mette Marit modeled in a car ad as a brand image? His press manager, Madame Stahl seems too intelligent of a lady to come up with that one. Has even Laura Manadou, a current swimming champion and the official sponsoree of Albert's own SBM, done a car ad? Why in the world would he have his potential Princess do one? I have no idea why I am trying to use logic with these people. Have we seen Prince Charles, Prince Felipe, Prince Philippe, Prince Wilhem, Prince Haakan, or Prince Fred with at least one woman in an compromising or inappropriate position (let alone several women as Albert) while they were publicly dating their brides to be?
That was actually my point. Her image is totally set out to be commercial. When I used brand I did not mean that they were trying to give her the princess image, I meant that they were trying to sell her or having her sell sth by giving her a certain image and associating her with certain products. When you look at the car it is a highend car, not just a family or safe car. It is not even environmentally friendly to suit to Alberts ideas. So whatever she is doing has nothing to do with anything that anyone would expect as a princess image, but with a model placement. On the other hand when you look at the pic from the beach volley in point de vue article, you see so many wrinkles in the face of a 29 year old, that it make you wonder ... but then again everything about this makes me wonder. Well, maybe she is the model he hired to get Monaco in the media and knowing that it works best when people think that she is his girlfriend.....

That was actually my point. Her image is totally set out to be commercial. When I used brand I did not mean that they were trying to give her the princess image, I meant that they were trying to sell her or having her sell sth by giving her a certain image and associating her with certain products. When you look at the car it is a highend car, not just a family or safe car. It is not even environmentally friendly to suit to Alberts ideas. So whatever she is doing has nothing to do with anything that anyone would expect as a princess image, but with a model placement. On the other hand when you look at the pic from the beach volley in point de vue article, you see so many wrinkles in the face of a 29 year old, that it make you wonder ... but then again everything about this makes me wonder. Well, maybe she is the model he hired to get Monaco in the media and knowing that it works best when people think that she is his girlfriend.....
Yes Paca, her image is commercial... but I don't know what she could do in another way because she needs money. (clothes...)
About wrinkles... in MyAmia research there was a link about Charlene's advices for taking care of skin...:)
About "wonder" oh yes, I'm wondering too...

I understand you, Windsor. But all that I can shrug over, I can forget it, as long as I have assurance that Prince Albert is leading on this woman for the right reasons. If he is in love, then I couldn't care less about her. What would be so sad to me is if some PR spin doctors are spinning the web and "push" the marriage about, for financial reasons, or for reasons to do with the Catholic/Vatican problem, their possible embarrassment about Prince Albert's illegitimate children and perhaps wanting to gloss over it with a royal and supposedly "proper" wedding, an attempt to redo what can't be redone, ever. All of you, surely, know what I mean. Imitating the marriage and glory of Grace and RAinier might be attempted but it will never be so, not real. No one can fictionalize that, let alone redo it in life! That was one time deal only.
My concern is only for Albert and for Monaco, and the future of the sovereignty entrusted in the Prince/Princess -- we might have our first Princess Regnant (is that what they would call it?) after him?
If Albert is in love with Charlene, then they should be married, if it's what they want.
But if not, please, Prince Albert, let Princess Caroline carry on with the First Ladyship because she is brilliant and she will be your faithful "consort" and a terrific successor, and let us never forget, first Princess Regnant!
You kind of touch on the other side of the story. If we assume that Albert is in love, why this charade? IMO it's not the best of preparation for a future princess. And while Charlene is (ridiculously) young and can wait a few years yet, Albert is getting on. With a life expectancy of around 75 for the average European male, he has barely time to train his heir to the throne. In other words, said with typical bluntness by yours truly: Albert get a move on! If you love the girl, get married and get the whole icky business over and done with! I don't see a reason to wait, she's so not going to make it to the Olympics anyway as there are almost no qualifying events left.
JMO.
Yes Paca, her image is commercial... but I don't know what she could do in another way because she needs money. (clothes...)
About wrinkles... in MyAmia research there was a link about Charlene's advices for taking care of skin...:)
About "wonder" oh yes, I'm wondering too...
You noticed it too? Funny those quotes. Saying one thing, doing the opposite. Something she has in common with our beloved Albert.

You kind of touch on the other side of the story. If we assume that Albert is in love, why this charade? IMO it's not the best of preparation for a future princess. And while Charlene is (ridiculously) young and can wait a few years yet, Albert is getting on. With a life expectancy of around 75 for the average European male, he has barely time to train his heir to the throne. In other words, said with typical bluntness by yours truly: Albert get a move on! If you love the girl, get married and get the whole icky business over and done with! I don't see a reason to wait, she's so not going to make it to the Olympics anyway as there are almost no qualifying events left.
JMO.

You noticed it too? Funny those quotes. Saying one thing, doing the opposite. Something she has in common with our beloved Albert.

Of course you realize that if he marries Charlene and then dies before the heir is ready to assume the throne Charlene than becomes Regent. ie guess who will be running Monaco. Wouldn't you prefer someone with a little education to be conducting affiars of state?

Why is he 'dating' a woman for anything but love? Tell me that he is head over heels, but I really believe strongly that there is no other reason for him to have her on like this.
Well, if you ask the tabloids, he definitely is. But the fairy tale that the tabloids spin does not necessarily reflects reality. Here’s a recent example. Charlene and Albert are displayed on this cover of Point de Vue. The article stated something to the fact that there were many near-naked women at the fashion show, but Albert only had eyes for Charlene. That sounds wonderful, but even the cover picture doesn’t quite match the tale they are spinning. Although it “looks loving” that Albert is holding Charlene’s hand (it actually would look even more loving and perhaps real if it’s not always Charlene who is always reaching her hand toward Albert), they both are not looking at each other. In these pictures (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) Albert is definitely looking (rather intensely) at the near-naked women. I don’t know if this picture is a near naked lady, but Albert seems to whatever he is looking at. Actually, Albert seems to be looking at every near-naked woman except the near-naked women in the corseted dress that he escorted. Oops,my mistake. In these pictures he is looking at her and HIS hands are extended towards her; but love is not the “L” word that first comes to my mind here.

After I observed this relationship up until Charlene’s appearance at the 2006 Grand Prix, which involved Prince Albert prancing her around in her fully glorious attire that consisted of tube tops, mini dresses, and halter tops, I concluded that Albert MUST be in love with this woman (because there was nothing else to explain it to me). I am an absolute certified love story fanatic. I have read and watched just about all of Americas greatest love stories. [I digress - For any other love story suckers, here’s a great site that list 400 of Americas’ greatest love stories. Most of my favorites were made in the 1940s, but I still have a lot of favorites in the 30s and 50s. During the 60s you have some really some great avant garde films, but the stuff produced after the 70s for the most part is crap. There are a few recent romantic comedies that I adore, but they just do not produced or write that many great love stories anymore- digress off]. I stumbled across these Monaco message boards after hearing about a rare possible love story about this rich European Prince Albert and his secret African lover (of course that was shattered with a dose of reality). After the ridicule Albert (and Monaco) received after the revelation that Albert had an out-of-wedlock son, I really started rooting for Monaco. In the beginning of 2006, when stories of Jazmin resurfaced, I think many posters wanted Albert to find a decent wife and have legitimate heirs - really soon. Charlene’s timing was perfect and she was very photogenic. So, I think many people were hoping that she was THE ONE that he was madly in love with. But...cont next post

Last edited:
Of course you realize that if he marries Charlene and then dies before the heir is ready to assume the throne Charlene than becomes Regent. ie guess who will be running Monaco. Wouldn't you prefer someone with a little education to be conducting affiars of state?

in fact I don't think (finally I hope) that she can become regent, Caroline will assert her place since the heir to Albert is always Andréas, but Charlene if she doesn't fall pregnant from Albert before his death could be well made put pregnant by another and say that it is the son or the girl of Albert... and there she has the full powers except if a test ADN is made to legitimate the child
but she could marry in second wedding Andréas, and to remain Princesse in title... (she was not obstructed to make returns inside during the GP F1 of 2006 in Andréas)

it would be necessary to ask Adrienne, she knows all well that relates to the laws, the history of Monaco

I read that in the constitution of Monaco

"During the minority of the Prince, the regency is exercised by the spouse of the deceased Prince who has guardianship of the child or, lacking one, by the closest heir of age in the succession order. "
then if Charlene has a child yes she will become regent, but if she has no child andreas will become the heir of Albert.

lckc571

PS: let us not speak about misfortune, cross the fingers that CW never marries Albert!!!

Last edited:
But I have a feeling it's not that way? What is the deal? Why? What's the point if not for love?
I have the same feeling and maybe I am just ruined by my years of indoctrination with love stories, but my main reason for not feeling this so called love story is Albert’s association with ALHYM and Charlene’s amnesia or blindness toward ALHYM (Alycia, Laura, Heather, Yacht girl, and Miscellaneous other women).

1. Philadelphia reporter Alycia Lane, April 2006: When someone posted a NY Post Page Six gossip article that stated while visiting Monaco to interview Prince Albert in April 2006, “the newlywed journo is seen head to head with Albert, her arms cozily wrapped around the royal. In another, they're holding hands and dancing,” most posters dismissed the story (original and follow-up articles), especially since there were no pictures and the “lovebirds” Albert and Charlene were splashed across tabloids enjoying themselves in Maldives only the month before. Here are some pictures (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). Also, Alycia was actually separated from her husband at that time and she is now divorced.

2. Laura Walden, 4 July 2006: An observer from Monaco posted his observance of Albert with Laura (along with Pamela Anderson, Sting, Bono, & Dr. McNamara) at Monaco’s SAS Café on July 4, 2006 after a Sting concert. I won’t repeat the juicy details, but the observer (who isn’t a Charlene fan) stated his observance depicted “certainly not the behavior of a man in love who is about to announce an engagement.” Obviously, it’s your choice whether to believe his report. Among other reasons, I believe him because he really felt relieved because his observance meant that Albert wasn’t serious about Charlene, thus neither he nor his friends expected a wedding; then he was genuinely upset to see Charlene appear by Albert’s side late July. Here’s a picture of Albert and Laura walking into the café and a picture of the celebs.

3. Heather van Zuidam, Aug 2006. Heather was Albert’s guest when he visited the Newport Jazz festival in honor of a special event honoring his mother’s film High Society (the weekend after the Red Cross ball where the media expected Albert to announce an engagement to Charlene). Here are pictures of them attending a concert on the 11th and another event the next day (both Heather and Albert were in the same car). On 28 Aug 2006, People magazine published an article titled “Who's That Girl? Monaco's Prince Albert dismisses wedding rumors and steps out with another blonde beauty” and stated, “Though they held hands and shared a kiss, Van Zuidam, 33, told PEOPLE she met Albert at a tennis event in Monaco 15 years ago and that they are ‘longtime friends’." Also that weekend, Albert had an interview with "Good Morning America" Albert stated, “I have no plans in the near or distant future. Any time I'm seen with a pretty young woman by my side more than once, then everybody flashes the "M" word as you say, then it becomes very difficult to have a relationship with someone in any semi-public or private way.” Here’s the video of the interview (it’s 4:37 long).

4. Yacht girl: late Aug 2006. I already posted some pictures. But, here are different cuter ones (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7). Aug was a real busy month for Albert. Of course, it’s possible that Albert is being playful and there's no indication that anything happened beyond what's depicted in the pictures.

5. There have been various misc reports of Albert picking up girls last year in New York and Romania. I lost my NY pictures and I have never seen anything to remotely confirm the Romania story. I do have pictures of Albert in Spain on Mar 24, 2004 that depict him in a similar story. I'm sure some people don't believe that Albert would do such a thing while dating Charlene. The caption stated that Albert enjoyed the night-life going out to dinner with some friends after attending the Champion League quarter-finals between Real Madrid and Monaco. After dinner he and friends went to a club and then Albert arrived at the hotel with a sexy girl (is that her panties showing?).

There’s a quote Julia Robert’s character Shelby states in one of my favorite movies, Steel Magnolias, that depicts what several of my friends have experience who decided to wait for that special person at the right time and wedded later in their life: “I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.” What I observed over the last year and emphasized by my ALHYM description above is nothing special. And, that’s what Monaco will be under such a reign – nothing special.

There’s a quote Julia Robert’s character Shelby states in one of my favorite movies, Steel Magnolias, that depicts what several of my friends have experience who decided to wait for that special person at the right time and wedded later in their life: “I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.” What I observed over the last year and emphasized by my ALHYM description above is nothing special. And, that’s what Monaco will be under such a reign – nothing special.

Thanks again MyAida,

I had not seen a few of those photos before.

Considering Albert does not seem very discriminating in his taste for woman,
How else could a woman feel? - Other than"...nothing special"

He seems to go for quantity, rather than quality?

Great observations MyAdia! I totally agree with you. All these girls, including Charlene, seem "nothing special". I am just wondering if "the special one" will ever show up since it is obvious that PA has only one criteria for a girlfriend/lover and that is the tight behind.

in fact I don't think (finally I hope) that she can become regent, Caroline will assert her place since the heir to Albert is always Andréas, but Charlene if she doesn't fall pregnant from Albert before his death could be well made put pregnant by another and say that it is the son or the girl of Albert... and there she has the full powers except if a test ADN is made to legitimate the child
but she could marry in second wedding Andréas, and to remain Princesse in title... (she was not obstructed to make returns inside during the GP F1 of 2006 in Andréas)

it would be necessary to ask Adrienne, she knows all well that relates to the laws, the history of Monaco

I read that in the constitution of Monaco

"During the minority of the Prince, the regency is exercised by the spouse of the deceased Prince who has guardianship of the child or, lacking one, by the closest heir of age in the succession order. "
then if Charlene has a child yes she will become regent, but if she has no child andreas will become the heir of Albert.

lckc571

PS: let us not speak about misfortune, cross the fingers that CW never marries Albert!!!
If Albert dies before his legitimate heir is off age, if he so produces one, the crown council will decide who will be in charge and run the country during that time. As we know from history, who that will be involves an awful lot of politics. Someone like Charlene will either be pushed away or will be the puppet of interested parties. Another possibility would be that Caro stands in (if she outlives Albert) or Andrea if he is capable. Also the crown council could nominate some guardian among themselves. It would be definetely a terrible time for Monaco. If Albert dies without legitimate offspring, Charlene could go home to south Africa and live of her inheritance. Tings are settled for that case. If Albert would marry a woman who would be capable to run the coutry and have enough respect and power to do so, then it could be the mother too, but with the current constallation I don't see that scenario happening.

[/size][/font][/color]

"Olympia" Propaganda? or Not?

Stephen Bach, the biographer of the German Filmmaker, Leni Riefenstahl, tells that some Germans had a saying for Leni,

"She only lies when her mouth is open"

Please, I'm not making any kind of political statement.
Regardless of her politics, Reni Riefenstahl was a talented filmmaker.

MyAida,
Thanks for your well researched posts!
Please I entreat you,
What this has to do with the Olympics is beyond me and I think My Adia is arguing this for the sake of it.Both of you are digressing with every turn because those who went here Auschwitz concentration camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia _contentration _camp were far more talented than this Teutonic filmaker you refer to and the Crown Prosecutor arguing pages and pages of biblical points and minutae for the sake of argument against Miss Wittsock& prince Albert.Everything should be this well researched should it?
Next thing it will be a "mitzvah?"
This is becoming perverse.JMO
Kindly get a grip or read Death on the Installment Plan by Celine too and cover your ground.
SHALOM

Last edited:
I am just wondering if "the special one" will ever show up since it is obvious that PA has only one criteria for a girlfriend/lover and that is the tight behind.

hahahaha! Good one, royal pauper!

I was browsing through the other royal household's websites and read through the bios of the crown princesses. CPs Mathilde, Maxima, Letizia and Mary have an impressive background. Sure, some things may be glossed but, on the whole, quite an educational and professional background. All four seemed to have a sense of "social occasion" even prior to their respective royal marriages, i.e., have a clue as to how to dress and present themselves when out and about.

The issue for me is one of honor also. I find nothing wrong when one party in a long distance relationship move to be nearer the other and obviously it has to be Charlene in this case. I also find nothing wrong with Albert helping her to find a job or career (although I'm sure that people will criticize it). My issue is creating this facade of a career using the Olympics. Here’s a link to an article that explains why I find Charlene’s sponsorships and her constant claims of training (as she prances around the world and Monaco performing duties with Albert) so dishonorable to the Olympic spirit.

In this article (excerpt below), the president of the SA Olympic Committee complains that the country needs to invest in its stellar athletes. South Africa won 38 medals in the Commonwealth games last spring, but many athletes had to make huge financial sacrifices to even train and attend these games to represent their country honorably (of course Charlene wasn’t there). It seems most of their athletes have to work because the stipend (if any) and sponsorships are small and few for the majority of the athletes (even the stellar ones). I do not believe for one minute that Charlene is gathering sponsorhips to support herself while she diligently trains for the Olympics (as she did to make the 2000 team and as she did to try to make the 2004 team, although she fail). Charlene is gathering sponsorhips(obviously with the help of her billion dollar boyfriend, especially since Albert’s company SBM just signed a partnership with Audi) and making claims of training for the Olympics as a public relations scheme. It sounds so much more honorable, as she attend event after event and vacation after vacation with Albert, to say that she has a career and it is training for the Olympics as opposed to saying (what is clearly obvious) that she has no job or career and that she is Albert’s mistress. They both are cheapening the Olympic spirit with this farce of a career. It’s really more disgusting when you read of athletes who work multiple jobs just to even to afford to train.

Charlene may not know certain social graces, but she knows what it takes to win at swimming. This woman has been competing since she was a little girl (I think 8 years old). And, I do not thin kthat she is foolish enough to compete on an international level in Europe. Charlene may say one thing - like she said that she was coming too Europe to compete. But clearly this is another one of those many times where Charlene says one thing, but actually does another (I think this is a requirement to be an Albert angel). Here's the full article quoting her after the April nationals.

That was April. Has she "race more" in Europe to "improve" (at swimming that is)? Here's why I believe that Charlene will not compete on an international level in Europe. I don’t know if this was posted, but here’s a link to a SSA March 30, 2007 article of a televised South African invitational only short course event that Charlene swam April 7, 2007 a week before the South Africa’s nationals. The winners were actually paid and they only had 5 women events. They invited top SA swimmers and international women swimmers who just competed in the world championships. Charlene participated in the 50m backstroke and placed 5th out of 6 swimmers. It seems that there were no prelim or intermed event, just the finals – so she was really 5th out of 6th. Below is an excerpt and here’s the link to the full article describing the event and here’s a link to the results. Of course, it was honor to be invited.

Well, I cleared my files of Charlene's glorius swimming comeback.
Not quite.
What honour of the Olympics are you alluding to? When have you ever made your known before this Olympic opportunity to bash up Pa & Cw for the honorability of the Olympics? I suppose your name appears on the petition to return the Olympic games to Greece and the Elgin Marbles too? You are no better than them because you are using the Olympics as away to damn them with the historical weight of the Olympics. I seriously doubt the Olympics and their spirit their honorablity etc meananything to you except and opportunity to trounce on Pa & Cw and that is unethical not Olympian JMO. That is a type of unethical.And you are not connected in any way shape or form to these sacrosanct mystagogical Olympics nor have you ever shown anything but an aversion for philhellenism[you have not alluded to it ever not once although paca does all the time]} so what is this except theoretically pouncing with an excuse as bad as Pa's and Cw's? and I know people on this board can read.Tell us when you contact the ministry in Athens and tell them what you have written here . I think they will be less amused at you for the same reasons that they are with the other two Pa & Cw.

Last edited:
What this has to do with the Olympics is beyond me and I think My Adia is arguing this for the sake of it.Both of you are digressing with every turn because those who went here Auschwitz concentration camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia _contentration _camp were far more talented than this Teutonic filmaker you refer to and the Crown Prosecutor arguing the minutae for the sake of argument against Miss Wittsock.
SHALOM

Jaya,

That is precisely why I made the comment that I did!

It is evident that I did not mean to use it to promote a political debate! But it seems that there are more than a few people on this board that think all the talk regarding Charlene and her Olympic aspirations are for the purpose of something else. I for one think that Charlene admitting (why she did this?) she had only trained for three months is kind of rubbing it into the other athletes faces, as well as the promotion spots that she is getting for other reasons than being an athlete (which is clear). I do not think this represents the Olympic spirit. IMO, I think they both should be ashamed for taking advantage of their public position, both being former Olympians & Albert a member of the IOC. This is not sportsmanship! IMO.

I will PM you later to talk about other subjects, please don't use the board for something that it was not intended. I think it is clear what I meant.

Jaya,

That is precisely why I made the comment that I did!

It is evident that I did not mean to use it to promote a political debate! But it seems that there are more than a few people on this board that think all the talk regarding Charlene and her Olympic aspirations are for the purpose of something else. I for one think that Charlene admitting (why she did this?) she had only trained for three months is kind of rubbing it into the other athletes faces, as well as the promotion spots that she is getting for other reasons than being an athlete (which is clear). I do not think this represents the Olympic spirit. IMO, I think they both should be ashamed for taking advantage of their public position, both being former Olympians & Albert a member of the IOC. This is not sportsmanship! IMO.

I will PM you later to talk about other subjects, please don't use the board for something that it was not intended. I think it is clear what I meant.
Please do e-mail Theodore Pangalos who is listed here as a person to e-mail with your concerns in Athens regarding this issue- He deals with the Olympic spirit issues .
you have brought other issues in that have nothing to do with this and it is not I that am using this board to speak of Hiitler's filmmaker which has nothing to do with anything period and is contentious to say the least.
You have been given the link go there to Theodore he would love to hear that you are concerned about the Olympic spirit... e-mail him pls why do you not go? He would love to hear from you. please..............No debate can ensue or will as it is closed Hitler, Pa & Cw
Peace.

Last edited:
To be quite honest with you guys, I don't think that there are actually a lot of athletes who go to the Olympics who really still can honestly make claim of the Olympic spirit. Apart maybe from those who never have a chance to win but particpate anyways and make great sacrifices to do so (and those are usually being smiled upon, sometimes encouraged but also turned into caricatures like Eddy the eagle). But when we are talking about those who are actually competing for the medals, I belief the majority has their minds on the money that metal can make them and not the honour to have been allowed to compete with the best. And a lot of them do not hesitate to use unethical means to get what they set out for. So I think we can easily put the moral and ethical question of the Olympics at rest. Charlene does neither have the culture nor the brains to understand what the Olympics are about. In my book having participated in the Olympics doesn't necessarily make you an Olympian. Not nowadays that is.

But I think what we can all say, no matter where we stand, Charlene's words do not correspond with her actions. And that is what I believe MyAdia was trying to point out among other things. And in my book you are always allowed to call someone a liar when you face one. And Charlene is lying. Some call it PR, I call it lying as is all action that is intended to make people believe that you are sth that you are not. But luckily for all of us, sooner or later they all trip over their lies which is nowadays called image. We only need to sit back and watch. It will happen all by itself. And we should not forget, that Albert is supporting her in this so in all fairness we should apply the same rules to him. He is as much a liar as Charlene. He is even helping her or maybe even instigating this facade. How does that go with his very impressive speech from 2 years ago about morality and ethics. Where are his ethics? Have they now degenerated to the state of Crownjewels which you only get out of the safe on special occasions? Ethics are sth you need to apply everyday, which is why it is sometimes hard for people to stand by them. But to Albert, like his claims to the green way of life are only taken out for show. They are not real convictions, otherwise he would act quite differently. And he would demand the same of people with whom he surrounds himself. The fact that this Olympic charade still goes through the media with his approval, speaks volumes of who Albert really is. And he is the one who should know better as he actually did receive an education.

And we should not forget, that Albert is supporting her in this so in all fairness we should apply the same rules to him. He is as much a liar as Charlene. He is even helping her or maybe even instigating this facade. How does that go with his very impressive speech from 2 years ago about morality and ethics. Where are his ethics? Have they now degenerated to the state of Crownjewels which you only get out of the safe on special occasions? Ethics are sth you need to apply everyday, which is why it is sometimes hard for people to stand by them. .

I have heard that Monaco doesn't have Crownjewels!:lol:

That was actually my point. Her image is totally set out to be commercial. When I used brand I did not mean that they were trying to give her the princess image, I meant that they were trying to sell her or having her sell sth by giving her a certain image and associating her with certain products...
Paca, yes I agree that “they” are trying to create some type of image, but I am also having a hard time believing Princess. There’s already the Audi ad, now the Nike ad and a possible fashion ad. Why do this for a Princess image? I’ve already stated my reasons (ALHYM - other women) why I am having a hard time buying this relationship as a love story. To say the least, Albert’s indiscreet actions and behavior with other women is not a good foundation for a solid and happy marriage (Charlene really looks uncomfortable at that fashion show but Albert seems to be in heaven). That’s why I am more inclined to believe that Albert is just trying to help her with some sort of career. But, could Albert really have that much disrespect for his monarchy to use it to promote Charlene? In the article I posted about the Nike “daring” new ad “Just Do It” that will include Charlene, Charlene is mentioned as a swimming star. Ok, she is a swimming star, but please don’t forget the South African swimming champions are the 27 men and women who have been consistently busting their butts off training and competing and who are currently in Algiers getting ready for the All-Africa games July 11-23.
To be quite honest with you guys, I don't think that there are actually a lot of athletes who go to the Olympics who really still can honestly make claim of the Olympic spirit…
Paca, if you read this BBC news article titled “Is the Olympic spirit dead?” and especially the comments you’ll find that there are some people who agree with you that the Olympic Spirit is dead. Some feel that drug taking and the pursuit of profit with the high corporate sponsorships have really killed the spirit of the games. Albert will most likely be in Guatemala City from July 4-11, 2007 where the 119th IOC Session will elect the Host City for the XXII Olympic Winter Games in 2014. Maybe he will refresh his Olympic spirit.

I still stand by my earlier statement that Charlene’s many inconsistent statements that she is training for the Olympics is dishonorable. Here’s a quote from Charlene in a Dec 7, 2006 Bunte article where Charlene explains to the kids how she has been preparing for the Olympic.
It does her big fun to satisfy the thirst for knowledge of the little ones. How it is then to prepare for Olympia, they want to know.
" It is the best diet ", she answers. " Hard work. I must get up every day early, even if I am tired. I must train eight hours during the day and may not even eat what I want. No chocolate cookies, no hamburgers. In the evening I may not go out and drink wine. " ["Es ist die beste Diaet", antwortet sie. "Harte Arbeit. Ich muss jeden Tag frueh aufstehen, auch wenn ich muede bin. Ich muss acht Stunden am Tag trainieren und darf nicht mal essen, was ich will. Keine Schokokekse, keine Hamburger. Abends darf ich nicht ausgehen und Wein trinken."]
Also her coach made this statement, "We have searched a suitable training place in Europe! However, we have nowhere found ideal conditions. We could not have found there the rest and the necessary peace to prepare professionally for the South African masteries being applied in March. The pressure would have become too big. We could have done no step without onlookers.” I guess they don’t have that problem anymore now that she is in Europe – no more pressure and onlookers for her 8-hours day training.:rolleyes:

According to this SSA pdf file link (the 50m times are no longer posted), the women’s Olympic qualifying A times are 25.43 for the 50m backstroke, 1.01.70 for the 100m backstroke. Now compare those times to Charlene’s April 2007 backstroke times where she claimed her “title”: 30.16 for the 50m and 1.04.19 for the 100m. Ironically, the South African women’s record for the 50m backstroke is 29:18 set by Charlene in Sep 3, 2002. Charlene has been swimming competitively for over 20 years, she knows what kind of training it takes to get to the Olympics. Her best backstroke time was 5 years ago at 29:18 and she didn’t make the 2004 Olympics with probably 8-hours day training and constant competitions. So again, I stand by my statement that Charlene’s statements that she is training for the Beijing Olympics is dishonorable to the Olympic Spirit because she knows what she is doing in Monaco compared to what her teammates are doing to prepare for the Olympics are worlds apart.

From the Olympic website, here is the first Fundamental Principles of Olympism from the Olympic Charter.

Olympism is a philosophy of life, exalting and combining in a balanced whole the qualities of body, will and mind. Blending sport with culture and education, Olympism seeks to create a way of life based on the joy of effort, the educational value of good example and respect for universal fundamental ethical principles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness, does he thinks that Charlene will bring the glitter and glamour back?
Well, haven't you seen Charlenes latest glitter dress? She is certainly taking him literally :lol: It is in her preferred haltertop style of course. so no surprises there.

At least in the opera house people made very clear why they were there and that they couldn't care less about the two up in their loge (who knows what they were doing in the dark anyways).

Interesting, when Albert arrived, you wouldn't have noticed apart from that it finally started. No one got up. People didn't turn to look. IT wasn't full, only friends and parents and a lot with young ones left after the first intermission. (I guess the couple snug out during second intermission to hand the price. Not sure whether they came back though, but no one cared anyways. But Albert should have been at the dinner. Strange thing though the Balett was supposed to be gala, so dinner jacket for the men, and Albert seems to have been wearing a normal suit while Charlene wears evening dress. Looks like it is no surprise that Charlene is always wrongly dressed, since her boyfriend doesn't seem to know what to wear either. Luckily, much to the dismay of the opera employees, the audience didn't bother to acknowledge that it was a gala either.) People did not seem to feel honoured by his presence. For Antoinette on easter event they all got up and she made a signal to tell people not to. For their prince they didn't bother.

Well, haven't you seen Charlenes latest glitter dress? She is certainly taking him literally :lol: It is in her preferred haltertop style of course. so no surprises there.

At least in the opera house people made very clear why they were there and that they couldn't care less about the two up in their loge (who knows what they were doing in the dark anyways).

Interesting, when Albert arrived, you wouldn't have noticed apart from that it finally started. No one got up. People didn't turn to look. IT wasn't full, only friends and parents and a lot with young ones left after the first intermission. (I guess the couple snug out during second intermission to hand the price. Not sure whether they came back though, but no one cared anyways. But Albert should have been at the dinner. Strange thing though the Balett was supposed to be gala, so dinner jacket for the men, and Albert seems to have been wearing a normal suit while Charlene wears evening dress. Looks like it is no surprise that Charlene is always wrongly dressed, since her boyfriend doesn't seem to know what to wear either. Luckily, much to the dismay of the opera employees, the audience didn't bother to acknowledge that it was a gala either.) People did not seem to feel honoured by his presence. For Antoinette on easter event they all got up and she made a signal to tell people not to. For their prince they didn't bother.

Actually paca that's an excellent way to do it. Ignore them and then give Antoinette a standing ovation. I think if they do that more often he will see how unpopular he is becoming and I still think the booing at the small states should have told him what people think of Charlene. I think Albert is in a bubble and he can't see what is really happening. A message is being sent that Albert keeps ignoring. I feel sad for Monaco. Charlene not attending the SA dinner in honor of the SA swimmers was also a huge mistake on her part as they will snub her even if she becomes Princess. She has not brought any corp sponsorships to the SA team only herself. Selfish on both their parts and sad for Monaco. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
By making out as if she is able to support this lifestyle all by herself and not depending on Albert, they are trying to boost her image. Though it escapes me, why you would want to establish her in the advertising market, when she is aiming for a different title. Having some kind of income is not a bad idea, but if she wants a positive image she needs to have sth more profound then a few glossy pics and giving speeches that someone rehearsed with her and wrote for her. You are absolutely right in saying it is a facade.
I don’t think her speaking engagements were the kind that a PR team would have to prepare and rehearse a speech for her. If you look at the pictures in this post where I discussed her speaking engagements, it does not seem that her audience is the type where she will need some PR team to prepare a sophisticated speech. I only quoted some of her comments, but in the full article Charlene gave advice about things that any competitive athlete would know and do. Ironically, the girl on the right in this picture, 16 year old Vinette Roux, beat Charlene in the 50m freestyle in a regional event on Jan 12, 2007. Charlene was a champion swimmer even as a little girl, so I believe that she can have a career coaching young girls. BUT she has to change her mantra and tell them DO NOT be like she was and think that grades (an education) is not important. The problem I have is the integrity behind Charlene’s statements when she starts saying what SHE does to train for the Olympics. In her statements she said she doesn’t drink or go out while she is training. But, we’ve all seen pictures that contradict these statements while she was supposedly training. This is what I consider the facade – the Olympic training story. Here’s a link to a Swimming South Africa pdf file of the Code of Conduct for their national athletes. Here’s what it says about alcoholic drinking on page 4.
8.1 The athlete shall not, while the athletes are at a training camp, in training for a competition or during the period allocated for preparations for a competitions, including the duration of the competition or training camp, without the prior permission of the Team Management (which permission shall not be unreasonably withheld) –…8.1.2 consume alcohol; …
Last July, there were pictures of her drinking at events like Princess Ira dinner, however this year we’ve only seen pictures of her drinking water at public events. But, in the non-public events in some paparazzi photos, you see glasses of wine in front of her. As, in these pictures of her in Rome and these pictures of her at the Monaco country club during the small games. Again, say one thing, but do another. Also, in all of her advice giving for “keeping it natural and healthy,” I am sure smoking has to be some where on the non-natural and non-healthy list of things not to do while competitively swimming. These are some pictures of her smoking during last year’s Grand Prix. Of course I know that everyone one in Albert’s family smoke, but remember they are not swimmers claiming to be training for the Beijing Olympics. Also, it just doesn’t look good for a princess wannabe hanging over a balcony at an official event puffing on a cigarette (ok I will admit I personally find cigarette smoking repulsive. So, it is never acceptable for me). There was a recent article about Kate Middleton (after her break-up with Prince William) with a close up picture of a pack of cigarettes in her purse. Although Kate may smoke, but in her four years of her dating William there was never a photo of her smoking at a public event with him.

I know these may seem like little things, but if she is deceptive about little things, what about bigger ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom