The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Well the way I read the paper today they were somewhat insuating that she wasn't really their for training her swimming...

Here are the link to something that was posted in these threads before, it's right there where she says she had not been training much for the small swim meet you have to scroll down to post #180 for the "articles".

Back in April at the meet she said that she had been in training only 3 months, but the whole time she has been in MC the media there has claimed that she was doing it for longer.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...e-12825-9.html

She will probably aim to make th SA Olympic team, actually- somehow she managed to get her name on the SA 2007/2008 National team roster. (they may not require much but who knows).

Someone said that the only thing needed is to meet the bare minimum qualifying times and if she can do it in the absolute minimum number of qualifying meets then she may swim for SA in Beijing.

So, she may actually get there as a participant that way - and still hang out in Albert's VIP suite.

If she doesn't make it (by way of the old 'plagued-by-longtime-shoulder-injuries' story aka 'the graceful exit'), she can go as Albert's guest in Beijing anyway - she can have her cake and eat it too.

It will be interesting to see this unfold.

(this is totally my own opinion only)

Old 06-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Ghislaine, i don't think we are going to see her swim any time soon. We've seen the doctor pics so obviously she won't be participating in any of those competitions she has said that she will be attending. They have long prepared this excuse of her fatal injury that terminates her glorious career. No one apart from Albert thinks that people will buy this story. People know why she is here and they are not happy about it.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well the way I read the paper today they were somewhat insuating that she wasn't really their for training her swimming...

yes, and I think PA probably invited her to move to MC under the cover of 'training', and he can sleep around with her, take her a few places (she likes the media attention) and also to try to put her as some kind of sports attraction since she participated in The Games 7 years ago. That is her 'deal'. She went for it big time (and why not?) because she probably would not get a better deal elsewhere. I agree with the paper, CW probably going to be staying in MC for a long time.

Why leave a good thing - if she's going to have a casual relationship with a man almost 50 who is not going to marry her, then he may as well be a billionaire prince, right? I would not leave that! It's a fantastic arrangement! If she behaves herself, she could gain some work in PA cabinet as the Official Minister of Swimming Pool Development & Water Activity. LOL.

Then she's be legit on the payroll and buy her own posh apartments to live. We should all have life so good! That's a great deal if you can get it, I think! (honestly, I think it's fantastic).

No intention of marriage there, imo.

Since he likes young women (diaphanous blondes, I read somewhere that is his type) like her and sports, why not combine all the things he likes to do into one package. He'd be the guy who could do that, right?

So everybody's happy that way

JMO
Old 06-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Ghislaine, i don't think we are going to see her swim any time soon. We've seen the doctor pics so obviously she won't be participating in any of those competitions she has said that she will be attending. They have long prepared this excuse of her fatal injury that terminates her glorious career. No one apart from Albert thinks that people will buy this story. People know why she is here and they are not happy about it.
No they are not happy... but they can't say anything with a loud voice in Monaco... around Monaco some of them are speaking......; Paca what do you think about that : Charlene is supposed to be in Algeria (African Games) 24. 25, 26, 27 july... and Red Cross Ball is on the 27th july...she will pehaps go to the physiotherapist !!!! (by the way I'm OK about your opinino with posed pics..)
Old 06-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

Well, when I was saying that I was not sure about blabs on Monaco Matin supposed to be a way toward an anoucement... I was right... Paco you've got it!!! thanks!!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

im sooooo confused-what is she-his girlfriend or is he testing out the waters?
has she been seen with princess caroline & family and princess stephanie and family?
or is she his "special friend"? if so, is it common to bring women like her out in the open?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
im sooooo confused-what is she-his girlfriend or is he testing out the waters?
has she been seen with princess caroline & family and princess stephanie and family?
or is she his "special friend"? if so, is it common to bring women like her out in the open?
That is the one billion dollar question. Nobody knows but everyone speculates. Especially the tabloids.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

I'm confused.

I know I've said my piece more than once:kitty: when it comes to CW, but are so many people in MC paying that much attention to her that it is so upsetting?

Is that why she is not in pictures anymore?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
I'm confused.

I know I've sharpened my little claws on these threads more than once:kitty: when it comes to CW, but are so many people in MC paying that much attention to her that it is so upsetting?

That's a good question. First he parades her out there, then he doesn't. Paca and many have had a chance recently to see her up close and to observe her and the feed back was not positive from those who did. But as mods pointed out that isn't the whole of Monaco who may or may not like her - having said that, it is very confusing as to why you see her and then you don't or why she wouldn't attend a mass with her boyfriend but only the party. Then you have her parading with him at the opening and closing of the Small States but she isn't sitting with Albert when he entertains other royals in his box. So one is left to wonder.

I can understand that if Rainier's statement that gossip was invented in Monaco that paca and others who live in Monaco or near there would be hearing the whispers of those who have seen her around. Having seen many many of paca posts I find her to be more than fair in her reports in what she sees and hears so if the whispering has started. it must be collecting more and more like a snow ball and it appears to be gaining speed as Albert takes her out more.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm confused.

I know I've said my piece more than once:kitty: when it comes to CW, but are so many people in MC paying that much attention to her that it is so upsetting?

You aren't confused but back in the Hippodrome.The Blue and Green factions do the strangest things because they are after all the plebeians remember.?
It has nothing to do with the melodramatic sentiment of upset but that of what those in the Hippodrome who want their sentiments to be reflected correctly will do and can do.
welcome ........
Old 06-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
That's a good question. First he parades her out there, then he doesn't. Paca and many have had a chance recently to see her up close and to observe her and the feed back was not positive from those who did. But as mods pointed out that isn't the whole of Monaco who may or may not like her - having said that, it is very confusing as to why you see her and then you don't or why she wouldn't attend a mass with her boyfriend but only the party. Then you have her parading with him at the opening and closing of the Small States but she isn't sitting with Albert when he entertains other royals in his box. So one is left to wonder.

I can understand that if Rainier's statement that gossip was invented in Monaco that paca and others who live in Monaco or near there would be hearing the whispers of those who have seen her around. Having seen many many of paca posts I find her to be more than fair in her reports in what she sees and hears so if the whispering has started. it must be collecting more and more like a snow ball and it appears to be gaining speed as Albert takes her out more.
do you think she's 'training' at somebody's indoor swimming pool so she can try to make The Games next summer? maybe Albert told the press to stay back from her?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
do you think she's 'training' at somebody's indoor swimming pool so she can try to make The Games next summer? maybe Albert told the press to stay back from her?
Nope I don't think she's training at all or she would have competed in the Mare Nostrum. She's supposed to be in SA soon for the African games - Let's see if she shows up or stays in Monaco. As for the press if you want to protect her you don't take her to public events like a festival. You don't take her to a public event and then have the audacity to tell the press to back off. After all there were photos taken as we have seen them. I think paca's explanation of the Monaco journalists not printing her photo is the truth about the way things are at the moment in Monaco. In reality it fools no one except maybe Albert who thinks he is getting away with it all. JMO
Old 06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

so what if CW goes to the Masters and The Games and gets a high placement, will some people like her better

I think it would be good if she went to Beijing to compete and placed in the finals after everything?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
so what if CW goes to the Masters and The Games and gets a high placement, will some people like her better

I think it would be good if she went to Beijing to compete and placed in the finals after everything?
It's nice to dream but time will tell.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Royal Highness

ethical dilemmas

Quote:

I think it would be great if we stopped referring to Beijing but the Olympics of Beijing . And i think the ministry in Athens needs to hear about the manner in which the name Olympics is being thrown about as if the local diner as they are clamping down on the reference copyright as it has been abused - on the Olympics and -sure good if CW got to Beijing sure thing on her power by association? Sure and place in the finals ........why not? in a strapless bathing suit after the ministry has a look at this.
A MidSummer Night's Dream is your favorite play by Shakespeare.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:42 AM
Nobility

Everytime I see Charlene she look unhappy maybe it her eyes. It look like she have to force herself to smile. Maybe she don't want to be there and Pr. Albert making her come to these events.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No I don't think so. If she was training, then there is only one decent pool to go to and if she was swimming there, people would know as it is in plain sight. And why would he tell the press to stay back from her, when he is the one who keeps dragging her every where. If they didn't want the press, they should stay home or at least not appear at public events together.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Her swimming performance has nothing to do with her unsuitability for the job she wants. If it was up to me, she could win 3 or 4 gold medals and I'd still think that she is poorly dressed and has table manners that would do George Clooneys former pet justice. It would adjust her claims to the sports which at present I find unfounded as she has not accomplished anything major in that department for quite some time. But with regards to all other points, she would still have a long way to go. Look at what stir Cameron Daiz bag caused. She had to publicly excuse herself. Charlene shows half naked at a religious festivity in the country whose princess she wants to become. And that hasn't been her only mistake thes last months. There are elderly people here who are quite religious (like my neighbour and her friend) and who felt terribly offended by her public appearance at St Jean. So Cameron Diaz, an actress, who has no intentions of becoming Peru's first lady, and who is there as a tourist, has to publicly excuse herself for a fashion mistake and ignorance, whereas Charlene can trample on her possibly future subjects feelings and all that with the approval of Albert? Now that to me is a perverted world.

In German there is a saying: Ignorance does not prevent punishment (Dummheit schuetzt vor Strafe nicht) and I think that Charlene has displayed her ignorance for quite some time now. If this criticism she gets on the boards is her punishment, then I think se get's off rather lightly. Others would have received a one way ticket home by now.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
She can't be training in an indoor pool. She left South Africa for Monaco because it is winter in SA and she doesn't like to train in an indoor pool. In Europe/Monaco it is summer and she can keep on training in outdoor pools. Or so she said.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
originally posted by Hibou
After all there were photos taken as we have seen them. I think paca's explanation of the Monaco journalists not printing her photo is the truth about the way things are at the moment in Monaco. In reality it fools no one except maybe Albert who thinks he is getting away with it all. JMO
Thank you Paca for your first had accounts. After reading all the posts here and on the thread of the Games of the Small States, it must be such a breath of fresh air for people from Monaco to actually have their voices heard.

After reviewing the above photos of PA and CW at this church event, after reading the quotes from the book about Monaco on the other Small States thread about how phones are tapped in Monaco, how the goverment and palace officials stand over to approve everything that is put in the newspapers must be frustrating for the Monegasque people. Especially in light that it seems many of the Monegasque people don't like Charlene Wittstock, but are forced to read every day how much they love her and approve of her, and they don't dare speak up their voice for fear of a wrath that follows. Thank goodness we have a freedom of the press.

After reflecting on all of this I really think that Prince Albert really beleives that he is getting over on everyone and that if he shoves Charlene down everyones thoat, everyone will get used to her and like her. Its with good reason that in his own mind he believes this. I am sure that in the 50s, 60,s 70, 80's, even early 90's this was very true. What ever the Palace put out there, was the truth people had to beleive, irregardless if it was true or not.

But PA forgets that in today's day and age, with the touch of a computer, people can find out the real story. Hense this fantasy spin about Charlene, the great love, her training for the Olympics, while conveniently brushing under the carpet, her lack of education, outright dishonesty, etc.. does not work. He thinks people believe it, but they can go to the internet and find out the true story in seconds. This is what he didn't bank on.

People today, irregardless of "what" or "who " anyone is trying to sell, people research it on the internet. Airline tickets, cars, potenital employees, cell phones. IMO What the Monaco Palace is doing, is called, in the Advertising world, a saturation campaign. Here what they do is just shove the product down people's throats, they see it everywhere, tv, magazines, billboards, etc. But this tactic doesn't work like it used to because people sit at their computers and research the true value and the true reality of it. In today's world people know if the product is crap, no matter how big the saturation campaign is or how nice the magazine adds or billboards are, they are not going to buy it.

This technology was not present when Princess Grace was alive, and wasn't available most of Prince Albert's years growing up.

The internet is a powerful information tool. To understimate it and to keep pushing these foolish stories, actually convincing yourself that the people will believe the tales they are spinning just makes them all look foolish.

I think most people are onto the fact that something is not right with this relationship and are not buying the tales.

This reality hasn't hit home in Monaco. JMO

Closed Thread

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship