The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

Wedding or no wedding: Syntax in the English Language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
Charlene is rather intelligent, computer to choose her words, her sentences... to say "that no date was fixed for the marriage" under hears "we envisaged to marry us but we do not know when" but that can just as easily say :

CW speaks English very well, from what I understand. And anyone who also speaks the language exceptionally well would have to say that when a person says, "The date has not been set yet" means to say that the event WILL BE HAPPENING but that the date is simply "still up in the air".

CWs "fact" that "no date was fixed for the marriage" states that "the marriage" is a real, upcoming event for which a date is being selected.

Paraphrased, she did not say: "there is no wedding yet", she said "there is no date for the wedding yet". That means she is announcing the wedding is on.

Wouldn't you say?

Anyone?

R.

(Sandsla, please don't get upset here.)

Old 03-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
CW speaks English very well, from what I understand. And anyone who also speaks the language exceptionally well would have to say that when a person says, "The date has not been set yet" means to say that the event WILL BE HAPPENING but that the date is simply "still up in the air".

CWs "fact" that "no date was fixed for the marriage" states that "the marriage" is a real, upcoming event for which a date is being selected.

Paraphrased, she did not say: "there is no wedding yet", she said "there is no date for the wedding yet". That means she is announcing the wedding is on.

Wouldn't you say?

Anyone?

R.

I understood it to be from the Pointe de Vue article because its the very same wording they used.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Rosalee I mean no offense but you sound like a woman desperate for a wedding. The palace issued a formal denial and until such time that they issue an engagement announcement, I would have to say all bets are off. Perhaps you will have a lovely surprise but at this point I would give up on the wedding speculation. The palace only issues a formal statement when it has had enough of the speculation. I wouldn't second guess them.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Rosalee I mean no offense but you sound like a woman desperate for a wedding. The palace issued a formal denial and until such time that they issue an engagement announcement, I would have to say all bets are off. Perhaps you will have a lovely surprise but at this point I would give up on the wedding speculation. The palace only issues a formal statement when it has had enough of the speculation. I wouldn't second guess them.
I agree completely with you Albert must have finally gotten fed up with the press and everyone harping down his neck over a marriage when he had made it clear nothing was in the works. That doesn't sound like a man crazy in love with someone. IMO
Old 03-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:

R.

Rosalee,

Thanks for the words of encourgement for two minutes anyway!
I give up!

My Dear, you seem to enjoy speaking out of both sides of your mouth, it is too frustrating for me. Perhaps instead of trying to make any sense of your post (if they are meant to make any), I will just leave you to your fun!

Rosalee - Every good wish!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Wouldn't you say?

Anyone?

R.

There is no doubt what Charlene is trying to infer? No need for explanation this is quite an immature tactic she has been using from her first date and interview. There is nothing clever about this/her, she is very obvious. It is just that Albert either seems to participate or does nothing to shut her up, she simply would not be around if Albert disapproved, so how much does he enjoy all this himself? Anyway, I don't know if you think you need to explain this to us, what exactly is being infered here, or if you are just saying you too believe this to be true and it is actually the situation?

As I said before, I don't enjoy someone thinking they can manipulate me, it is insulting. So these tactics in the press do not impress me at all. Charlene just shows how simple she is (IMO), and since she is intent on advertising this, I just don't think this will bode well for Albert in the end? I just don't get the purpose of it all and why Albert either allows it, unless he enjoys it himself?

I like your comment on everyone meditating on a better woman for Albert (I think this is a growing movement for some time now), but he has to make room for that person in his life, otherwise it will never happen? I think that is why he has had such problems in his past, he always has someone less desirable in that spot, how does he expect someone more enchanting to show up for him?

I think more people in Monaco care more than you think and Albert's wife will always be an influence and reflection on him, whether he chooses to believe this or not?

Again I am confused by the contradictions, But, I promise I will not get upset after all I should be more concerned with my own life and other's less -- It does seem rather silly that I should feel the need to weigh in here at all. Rosalee, Carry on!
Old 03-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I agree completely with you Albert must have finally gotten fed up with the press and everyone harping down his neck over a marriage when he had made it clear nothing was in the works. That doesn't sound like a man crazy in love with someone. IMO
Well, boohoo! Albert may or may not be sick of all those wedding announcements and speculations, but let's not forget here that it's all of his own doing! If he had kept his private live private, instead of flaunting it all over the world, he wouldn't have to deal with the media attention in the first place. He is way to experienced with the media to be able to claim he didn't saw this coming. Sorry, but my sympathy for Albert's "misery" in this particular field is minuscule if not non-existent. And he might whine about his private life overshadowing his business life (Le Figaro, 14 March 2008), but I can only see this as a bout of whining coming from a spoilt kid that doesn't get things his way.
- JMO -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
As I said before, I don't enjoy someone thinking they can manipulate me, it is insulting. So these tactics in the press do not impress me at all. Charlene just shows how simple she is (IMO), and since she is intent on advertising this, I just don't think this will bode well for Albert in the end? I just don't get the purpose of it all and why Albert either allows it, unless he enjoys it himself?
Which then can only mean that Albert must be in on the "joke". In fact, I can't help but think he initiated it. Hence the theory it's all a PR stunt. Charlene is doing all the poking, slide remarks and stirring, and Albert is keeping his nose very clean. If you look back on all that's said, it's very hard to accuse any of them of actually lying. Lying by omission, yes. Suggesting complete mountian ridges, yes. But if you go back to what's actually said, take away all the fluff and exaggeration from the tabloids, they can both very easily weasle their way out of it. Nothing much has been said and it's all ripped out of proportion by the media. The two lovebirds themselves are squeaky clean. They can only be accused of not correcting wrong reports and semi-misquotes and of not sueing for false information published. But seeing that they both want to keep this thing going and going, the more media attention, the better. They both want to keep this going, because either can walk away. Neither does, so doesn't that say it all?

Again, my opinion and my opinion only.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:59 AM
Courtier

The owner of an Italian restaurant that Albert and Charlene attend in Monaco, interviewed by the Italian tv during Albert's birthday celebrations, said that Charlene asked him to teach her how to cook pasta, and that she just speaks English, no French at all. I think it's safe to assume she is living in Monaco and she has not been studying French for years (as reported by some tabloids or "inside sources" in the past).
Old 03-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Aristocracy

Words ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post

Hibou, respectfully in return, I was simply defending my use of the English language with a previous blogger. IMO, Charlene is a grand, royal mismatch who is keeping PA in the sandbox as long as he wishes to play and be seen playing. I think this is his way of "appearing" in public as he builds his public profile while looking for Mrs. Right. He has the choice of appearing alone which he exercises from time to time, or also with a "girlfriend" which surely keeps the matchmakers at bay, allowing him more time to find someone who is his soulmate.

If it turns out to be CW, then so be it. It's his life. But I don't get the feeling of intelligence and future marital comfort when I see pics of them together. It's more like he is just enjoying himself and is enjoying building his public profile since his father's death. I think he is also trying to keep the vista of MC young by appearing youthful himself (erego dating a younger woman).

R.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry Sands ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Again I am confused by the contradictions, But, I promise I will not get upset after all I should be more concerned with my own life and other's less -- It does seem rather silly that I should feel the need to weigh in here at all. Rosalee, Carry on!

Sandsla, you sound very sweet.

Again, I am sorry if my writing style bothers you or anyone. It is not meant to. I am in and out of this site from time to time. I don't really read anywhere else and so I am trying to get more information from the others in here by asking questions and offering my viewpoint based on what little I know. Easier than trying to backtrack and read thousands of entries. I know most people here look into other resources.

I find Monaco/Royal Family interesting because I used to live there at one time and simply wonder what's going on now. Would love to see only good things come their way. All my viewpoints are simply my perspective on what I have read so far. IMO ONLY.

Have a great day!
R.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think he is also trying to keep the vista of MC young by appearing youthful himself (erego dating a younger woman).
R.
Actually some years ago he made a statement that he felt people could understand why he dated younger woman than an old so in so and the old so in so was his words. He prefers the plums over prunes. Maybe some day he'll look in the mirror and realize he's in that crowd himself. He's an old so in so.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Hee hee !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Actually some years ago he made a statement that he felt people could understand why he dated younger woman than an old so in so and the old so in so was his words. He prefers the plums over prunes. Maybe some day he'll look in the mirror and realize he's in that crowd himself. He's an old so in so.
You are too funny!

His midlife goals perhaps? To stay forever young?

R.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
The owner of an Italian restaurant that Albert and Charlene attend in Monaco, interviewed by the Italian tv during Albert's birthday celebrations, said that Charlene asked him to teach her how to cook pasta, and that she just speaks English, no French at all. I think it's safe to assume she is living in Monaco and she has not been studying French for years (as reported by some tabloids or "inside sources" in the past).
ouahhhh that Paris Match affirmed that Charlene could cook and learn french,... the first dish that a teenager can do is to make cook pastes!! SO... if she doesn't cook, if she doesn't learn french, thus she isn't informed by the archbishop...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:

If it turns out to be CW, then so be it. It's his life. But I don't get the feeling of intelligence and future marital comfort when I see pics of them together. It's more like he is just enjoying himself and is enjoying building his public profile since his father's death. I think he is also trying to keep the vista of MC young by appearing youthful himself (erego dating a younger woman).
I'm afraid that appearance is in his own mind, I do not know why men are under this impression? It actually gives the appearance that Albert is insecure and uncomfortable in the company of someone who might be more interesting and challenging? Plus I can think of a lot of women younger than Charlene with twice the maturity if I was able to believe the scenerio above. Trust me, Charlene does not make Albert appear more youthfu l, she makes him appear just like other men who are not secure with themselves, when they reach a certain age? I do not think the PR Charlene brings is positve, or nor has she been a positive reflection on Albert in anyway, regardless if he believes this.

I understand that he THINKS having a woman (girlfriend) will keep chatter or matchmakers at bay, but I think this is a wrong approach. Albert hasn't created an image or situation that a smart woman would be eager to step into. I think Albert's dating experience is limited to a certain kind of woman, and he is still using those same dating tactics that only attract one type? I guess since Charlene is already on the scene and the damage is already done, it makes no sense to exchange her for another just like her? Albert seems to have done that many times over by now, but when or if he ever meets someone hopefully a little different, she is not going to be interested in starting a relationship with Albert untill he get's some distance from the relationship he is already in? He needs to go it alone for awhile, who cares if people speculate, they have been doing nothing but that for the past two years?

I visit France because I like France, not because I care a thing about Sarkozy's relationship. The relationship certainly has done more damage to France's image than it's helped! Sarkozy's situation is a good example, I don't think the problem so much is Carla, as it is the way these two handled the relationship in the first place, especially on the heels of Sarkozy's recent divorce, and the way they exploited the relationship in the press . The public is well versed by now and know when they are trying to be sold something that they don't really care much about in the first place. Sarkozy and Carla did much to give the idea and appearance that they are both self involved and arrogant and that is an image they will have to play down or no one well take them seriously? Hence the Sotheby's move You think it's partially a reaction to Sarkozy's arrogance, his cutting his trip short, maybe someone's way of taking him down a peg? Who knows?

In Albert's case he often "looks" like he has brought his wayward daughter along, I have a feeling he often feels that way. Albert looks younger and more vibrant in his appearances alone. Charlene's company only reflects the obvious difference in their age? But, Albert is not the first man to be under the impression that a younger woman will restore his youth. For example, I have a feeling Paul may feel that his much younger wife Heather, only served to age him during the years she was in his life? I'm sure he had the same idea as Albert in the beginning. I have to say the older men get, after 40, the creepier they look trying to date young girls, I'm sorry but this is the reality! No one wants Albert to date someone dull, but I can't say Charlene is very exciting or interesting (IMO)? Youth is not necessarily chronological, it's in one's way of thinking.

I agree Monaco could use a fresh infusion of something -- I think I once described it as a bit like Gucci before Tom Ford. Monaco's image is a little tired perhaps, partly as a victim of it's own success and wealth, which other places like it have suffered as well? New and fresh ideas is what Monaco needs and I think Albert is doing a good job there, when he and others are not distracted by his relationship with Charlene. I hope she doesn't contine to be the image of Monaco that he has ushered in since his reign, I don't think that is the kind of youth to cultivate much of an image on? Rosalee have you ever seen the show Arrested Development, do you see any similarites between these two womens' character besides the fact that they are both SA? Just curious, it took Michael's son to help clue him in!
Rosalee, I hope you continue to enjoy my sweet opinions -- Thanks for the kind words Hope you have a great day too!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Commoner

Hi everybody

I saw on television in "50 minutes inside" an expert (Mrs. Rivière). She said that Charlène lived near the palace and she learns the french. Archbishop or someone else from the church (I just remember) spends a lot of time with charlène. A lady who knew Grace Kelly, also spent some time with charlène. It would be good advice for the protocol...
The show was produced after the anniversary of the prince.It seems to be prepared for a future role of princess.

Mr. Frederic Mitterand (it is he who has made a documentary on Grace Kelly : Grace Kelly, documentaire de Frédéric Mitterrand le 15/09 sur TF1 - Tvnews, actu de la télévision et des médias au quotidien...) thought that the prince to a plan. Albert He knows very well what he is doing.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheanderos View Post
Hi everybody

I saw on television in "50 minutes inside" an expert (Mrs. Rivière). She said that Charlène lived near the palace and she learns the french. Archbishop or someone else from the church (I just remember) spends a lot of time with charlène. A lady who knew Grace Kelly, also spent some time with charlène. It would be good advice for the protocol...
The show was produced after the anniversary of the prince.It seems to be prepared for a future role of princess.

Mr. Frederic Mitterand (it is he who has made a documentary on Grace Kelly : Grace Kelly, documentaire de Frédéric Mitterrand le 15/09 sur TF1 - Tvnews, actu de la télévision et des médias au quotidien...) thought that the prince to a plan. Albert He knows very well what he is doing.
You are aware that the link you gave was last year?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:32 AM
Commoner

Hello.
I wish to inform you that I do not speak English very well. I apologize.
The show "50 minutes inside" was produced and distributed on March, 2008. Mr Mitterrand and Mrs Rivière talked about Charlène and Albert and the anniversary of Albert. In the show we learn that Charlène is in the process of learning the french ...

(The link that I gave in my previous message concerns a former documentary directed by Mr mitterrand. It was just for illustrative purposes. I did not know if you know or not Frederic Mitterand. That is why I gave this link. For that you know who I am talking about.)
Old 03-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Gentry

Cliché

[QUOTE=sandsla;746435] I'm afraid that appearance is in his own mind, I do not know why men are under this impression?

Hello everyone! I am new but wanted to interject here and suggest that in this instance the cliché might have been inherited. If one looks at face value at the lifestyle in the Principality, the ratio of rich older men to readily available attractive younger women is shall we say healthier there than anywhere else! Is it possible that PA's education about women came mostly from older male figures and that he didn't quite have male friends of his standing and age to relate to, growing up, to go chasing girls with? Privilege can probably alienate in this respect and if, as someone else here suggested this is his first real adult relationship, the novelty of it would make him care less about appearances and more about savouring the newfound freedom in this ahem commitment. I believe whether they stay together or not, that he will look back on this time as groundlaying and will honour the memory.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheanderos View Post
Hello.
I wish to inform you that I do not speak English very well. I apologize.
The show "50 minutes inside" was produced and distributed on March, 2008. Mr Mitterrand and Mrs Rivière talked about Charlène and Albert and the anniversary of Albert. In the show we learn that Charlène is in the process of learning the french ...

(The link that I gave in my previous message concerns a former documentary directed by Mr mitterrand. It was just for illustrative purposes. I did not know if you know or not Frederic Mitterand. That is why I gave this link. For that you know who I am talking about.)
Welcome! Don't worry about your English!! I am a bit confused. Was Frederic Metterand quoted as saying she is learning French or was that just another conjecture on the part of Mrs. Riviere? Could you tell us what they said about the private birthday party? Thanks!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozange View Post
Hello everyone! I am new but wanted to interject here and suggest that in this instance the cliché might have been inherited. If one looks at face value at the lifestyle in the Principality, the ratio of rich older men to readily available attractive younger women is shall we say healthier there than anywhere else! Is it possible that PA's education about women came mostly from older male figures and that he didn't quite have male friends of his standing and age to relate to, growing up, to go chasing girls with? Privilege can probably alienate in this respect and if, as someone else here suggested this is his first real adult relationship, the novelty of it would make him care less about appearances and more about savouring the newfound freedom in this ahem commitment. I believe whether they stay together or not, that he will look back on this time as groundlaying and will honour the memory.[/
He wasn't allowed to take dates to funcations once he began dating, I think that was 16. Basically Rainier controlled who he dated. The exception was when he was in college. You would be correct in saying this is his first grown up relationship. It's already been posted that Rainier didn't approve of Charlene mainly because she talked to the press about their first date.

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship