The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

Well, whether or not she attends the ball is not what caught my eye. What caught my eye is the fact that Albert has never met her parents (according to her Mother). They have only talked on the phone. How odd is that, and here we have Harry spending Easter holiday with Chelsy's family and these two are a long way off from getting married. Just an interesting comparison. Makes me wonder how serious or not Albert is about Charlene. Also Alicia Warlick disappeared too after the palace denied there would be a marriage. So we will just have to wait and see.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Aristocracy

The lack of present CW activity might be because she is preparing for a rather large announcement next week? They would have to keep things low and let her get prepared and maybe her parents & siblings will finally be coming up in the mean time to legitimize all of this mess? Or PA has gotten a bit upset at ALL the attention she is getting and how much it is overriding everyone else in his family including himself? To NOT have had her at his side on his birthday ... well, as a couple .. that's harsh? Maybe she is really JUST a girlfriend?

PC hugged Alicia Warlick on a few occasions too, I remember. It obviously doesn't seal the deal?

R.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
Or PA has gotten a bit upset at ALL the attention she is getting and how much it is overriding everyone else in his family including himself?
If it took him more than two years to realise that's he's being upstaged left, right and center by Charlene... Then he must be really slow on the uptake or living in a world of his own far away from reality. JMO.

BTW, before everyone gets his or her hopes up: Charlene has IIRC never attended a Rose Ball before, not in 2006 and not in 2007. IMO a tradition well worth keeping, but that's just me. On the other hand, now she and Caroline are best buddies, maybe Charlene will be the belle of the ball this year? <- Lagerfeld smiley...
Old 03-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's my hope he's learned something by having the Palace make an official denial announcement since everyone including the press kept ignoring his own words that he had no long term plans with her they are having fun together. She is upstaging every member of the family. He's added fuel to the fire of marriage by taking her with him places instead of keeping her in his private life he's wanted to protect. You can't protect anything by being public with it. I'm sorry reading the last few posts of hopes are an example of ignoring what was said. Give him some air as he told reporters while in Germany who were asking about Charlene.

I'm going to add it seems unlikely to happen so fast on the heels of a denial IMO.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
Is Prince Albert playing hide and seek with Charlene again? Ou est Charlene? Not bringing her to the Monaco Aids Gala has me wondering if there is trouble in paradise or he is just trying to cool off the media. Remember how she went away during National Day and came back with a breast enhancement? If she is not at the Rose Ball, then something is wrong. There are many celebrity couples who have chosen not to marry, but have children anyway. However, I don't think Prince Albert is in this type of position. He is not in any obligation to marry, but if he wants to have a legitimate heir to his throne, then he must and the sooner the better. I don't want to jump to conclusions right now because Charlene has disappeared and appeared before. I am a romantic and I was just hoping Prince Albert would take the plunge into marriage and create a family with Charlene whom he seems to be happy with. He is looking so good lately that I just thought his relationship with Charlene was suiting him quite nicely. He needs a wife by his side. Maybe he is not worried about having a legitimate heir. Maybe we are too concerned with him when he is not because he seems to be having a good time. He looked so handsome at the aids gala with his jeans and sneakers. I know he has a generous heart and is truly concerned about the environment and the refugees in Sudan, supporting Princess Stephanie in her fight against aids and more. But not having a family of his own with him is sad to me. We will see next weekend if Charlene attends the ball, I hope so.
As another poster said above, Charlene has never attended the Rose Ball if she doesn't attend it means nothing, if she does it also means nothing! But I think all her efforts to garner publicity for herself (has anyone visited the wikipedia site lately) certainly gives some insight into her character and where her interest is. It does not seem to be with Albert, but only what Albert can provide for Charlene. (IMO) There are many post here that echo that sentiment as well? That doesn't sound like any kind of fairytale romance to me? The idea that Albert would want another illegitimate child is frightening -- I hope you are not suggesting the Charlene has such low character that she might try to pull something like this? I'm sure she would be smart enough to know she would be one of the most despised woman ever if she did this? There is no need for Albert to worry about an heir, this has already been taken care of and there are plenty of alternatives so he doesn't need to ruin the rest of his life with a bad marriage. And if he was going to marry for just the reason of having an heir he would have done it along time ago, don't you think? I think he would prefer to takes his chances as a single man and wait for the woman he is truly in love with and one that is truely in love with him! (IMO) I believe THAT IS WHAT HE IS WAITING FOR!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Is it me or does Charlene disappear when she is not invited/planning to attend an event? I thought she was at the Rose Ball in '07. Didn't she wear the green mermaid dress? I'll have to check the archives.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991 View Post
Is it me or does Charlene disappear when she is not invited/planning to attend an event? I thought she was at the Rose Ball in '07. Didn't she wear the green mermaid dress? I'll have to check the archives.
Pink, she wore the mermaid dress at the August Red Cross Ball the first time she attended.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Aristocracy

Every time you guys get all whatever this is about CW's absence or presence--Voila, Enter Charlene.

I think PA needs a break from the constant daily peeping. I can see that possibly he says wild things just to heckle you. I hope he doesn't read this (or anyone near him).

Tiresome. He is a human being. I know this won't help but I'm saying it. Enjoy your spring and life.

And I would venture to say Albert is going to always have his own--whatevers, joys, fun, company. And not very much alone,I'm sure.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991 View Post
she was never invited in the ball of Rose, only the red ball of cross!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

Someone mentioned Charlene and Caroline hugging. Can anyone point this photo out to me? I have not followed this "romance" for a while.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 03-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Someone mentioned Charlene and Caroline hugging. Can anyone point this photo out to me? I have not followed this "romance" for a while.
You can find those pics in this thread:

Princess Caroline & Family Current Events Part 5

esp. in those posts:

Here and here and here
Old 03-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

I think they are just taking another break.
If they WERE about to make any announcement .. they would want things to die down so that chatter would NOT eclipse an actual announcement.
They do this type of "die-down" all the time. She is getting more popular,
and then she is excluded for a while. Over and over again. I hope they
DO have plans to marry for her own sanity .. or where is her self-esteem
in all of this?

I noticed that when CPMary of Denmark was being courted by her husband ..
she was installed in a tax-paid flat and given a local job and appeared at one function after another without even ONE WORD to the public as to whether or not she would ever become a bride or not? The interesting difference is, though, that the public there seemed to love her more and more and they generally seemed to relish the thought of this smart, beautiful Aussie becoming their Queen and CPF's bride!?

Similar with CPMM of Norway.

But in CW's case, people seem to be liking her less and less and less and she seems to reveal that she has less and less and less to bring to the table as a person as a wife as a princess except that she keeps PA very happy?

And maybe that is all he wants from marriage, THAT happiness and nothing more. Maybe he wants to change the role of his wife to one where she is allowed to do whatever she wants on her own? His mother must have been worn out from everything over the years and maybe he did not like what he saw back then?

I still feel, from my own personal experiences in life, that he might be finding less and less in common with someone who has less education and experience than himself. Sometimes one can cut the tension in the photos where she is leaning in and smiling and he is moving away and grimacing? Body language means a LOT even if he generally has strong feelings for her and seems to be in love with her.

I think Princess Caroline is probably very warm and affable and would hug any girlfriend of PA's after two yrs, she expected the same respect in her life choices and gives that respect to her children, she would give it also to her brother. It's his life.

HAPPY EASTER ALL !!

-Rosalee-
Old 03-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I hope they DO have plans to marry for her own sanity .. or where is her self-esteem in all of this?

I noticed that when CPMary of Denmark was being courted by her husband ..
she was installed in a tax-paid flat and given a local job and appeared at one function after another without even ONE WORD to the public as to whether or not she would ever become a bride or not? The interesting difference is, though, that the public there seemed to love her more and more and they generally seemed to relish the thought of this smart, beautiful Aussie becoming their Queen and CPF's bride!?

Similar with CPMM of Norway.

But in CW's case, people seem to be liking her less and less and less and she seems to reveal that she has less and less and less to bring to the table as a person as a wife as a princess except that she keeps PA very happy?

And maybe that is all he wants from marriage, THAT happiness and nothing more. Maybe he wants to change the role of his wife to one where she is allowed to do whatever she wants on her own? His mother must have been worn out from everything over the years and maybe he did not like what he saw back then?

I still feel, from my own personal experiences in life, that he might be finding less and less in common with someone who has less education and experience than himself. Sometimes one can cut the tension in the photos where she is leaning in and smiling and he is moving away and grimacing? Body language means a LOT even if he generally has strong feelings for her and seems to be in love with her.

I think Princess Caroline is probably very warm and affable and would hug any girlfriend of PA's after two yrs, she expected the same respect in her life choices and gives that respect to her children, she would give it also to her brother. It's his life.

HAPPY EASTER ALL !!

-Rosalee-
One can only hope, but since Albert probably wants to feel like a young man (even though he is 50, he may be about as mature as a 25-30 year, you never know ), he might not really care much about any of those things, just the fun times.

imo, clearly an outsider looking in, Albert brings a truckload more of everything (that people can see at least) to the partnership table than she does. that's just my own opinion and my opinion certainly means nothing.

As he gets closer to 55-60, with her going around 35-40 then both of them, especially CW may start seeing that being with an old man is not so interesting anymore (if she is around that long). Maybe for her because of own her situation, the money & some social status will cancel out of all that differences in age and experience and education for a very long time (if and until he gets really bored and finds someone else around age 28-30). Money and status can buy a lot - if that is what one wants in life.

He may just only want some one right now who looks like he wants, strokes up his ego, a little bit feisty but not really much of a challenge intellectually (imo), and seems almost totally dependent on him for everything. Charlene seems to fit that bill at the moment.

That's probably the world he lives in (yuk). Who knows?? In the end, if he's happy with that and she's happy with that, then so be it.

JMO.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Nobility

I would think it would be hard to love someone or that a person could make me happy knowing that person's feelings were less than genuine about me and that I was only being used for the other person's own personal gain? I would think that most men would feel like a bit of a chump. Maybe it doesn't take much to make Albert very happy? Perhaps the similarites between the two are more than we imagine and therefore Albert doesn't mind that probably the most important person in his life might be....limited? Intellectual abilities or resourcefulness aside, a person's character is what would trouble me the most, if I was ever in doubt of it? But then I'm not a person who enjoys being manipulated, even less so publicly.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

The family has invested more in CW than in any other woman before. He's single. His parents are gone. His sisters seem okay with it. CW is a tall, young, blonde who is funloving and goes with the tide. Might be enough for him. He has not done so well in finding anyone in 50 years, maybe he'll cut his losses and be able to put up with what he doesn't like in her and just do it this time? No, he doesn't need an heir, but I think he might want to actually father a child and raise it. It has to be an instinct inside him somewhere.

Let's see.

R.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
maybe he'll cut his losses and be able to put up with what he doesn't like in her and just do it this time?
God help him if he does that after all this time of looking for Mrs. Right.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
God help him if he does that after all this time of looking for Mrs. Right.
I have to agree. It wouldn't make sense and it would make him look ridiculous. Perhaps he has set his standards high (hence the statement that his wife will have to resemble his Mother and I doubt he meant just in the looks department but her character as well) so why would he cut his loses and settle for someone just because he turned fifty?
Old 03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The family has invested more in CW than in any other woman before. He's single. His parents are gone. His sisters seem okay with it. CW is a tall, young, blonde who is funloving and goes with the tide. Might be enough for him. He has not done so well in finding anyone in 50 years, maybe he'll cut his losses and be able to put up with what he doesn't like in her and just do it this time? No, he doesn't need an heir, but I think he might want to actually father a child and raise it. It has to be an instinct inside him somewhere.

Let's see.

R.
Yes! This is what I was afraid of when another poster said Allbert was the kind of guy that was just going with the flow. I know that term, but with a very different perspective. I was afraid however, this is exactly how they meant it. Your post seems to confirm this? I think people were hoping he wasn't the type of guy to settle for mediocrity? Some people just have no faith or perhaps Albert is as superficial as you suggest:As long as he has someone who is tall, young, blond, and he can father his own legitimate child, although you have already suggested in other posts that he has people who will probably do most of the raising? Maybe CW will be just the kind of women he wants to raise the next heir of Monaco? I think your post and my post suggest the same thing that Albert and Charlene are not so very different and there is more common ground here than we might have thought, I think Lillia's suggestion that perhaps Albert was a juvenile as Charlene may not be that far off the mark. You seem to suggest that they are both happy enough to just fulfill some superficial needs for each other and either really wish, need, or are looking for anything else in their lives? I suppose there are people who do not need anymore out of life than that, but it does make one wonder why someone like that would end up with Albert's lot in life? Good luck to them both and to the future of Monaco -- I think there will be no second chances here. (JMO, which of course doesn't mean a thing!) All this talk is making me sad today -- I think I better take a break from these boards and just leave it to others now. :)
Old 03-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Aristocracy

Awww, Sandsla,
You should not be sad. These are simply conversations.
I think there is someone far more suitable for him out there.
Someone who would give him the feelings his mother had given
his father. Of comfort and integrity and trust and true joy. It
seems most days that he and Charlene are just "attending parties".
So has he found himself a pretty party-girl? This does not have a
good connotation in North America. Party Girl.

Maybe if all of us who believe he needs to focus on someone better
get our thoughts together in Buddhist style and focus hard enough,
he'll let this one go and find the better one!?

Either he un-invites CW from certain things and hides her, or tells
her she cannot come and she pouts and hides herself, just to re-
surface later on in time for the next event?

I think his 50th birthday is a HUGE thing to leave someone out of
even if they were NOT going to be married .. ever. If she is his
present girlfriend, then it is NOT up to the newspapers and the
public that he must hide her away .. it's up to him as a man and as a
monarch to include her. Does he actually think he is accommodating
the press or palace by hiding her from certain events and yet
flaunting her the rest of the time? Who's he helping by doing
things in this manner?

This time, if she does not surface again for a few weeks, it will
either mean they have BOTH had enough, or that she is actually
preparing for a marriage to him.

I noticed in the interview with her mother that the mom says
CW told the parents that although they have plans for marriage,
"they have not set the date yet, but they will be the first to know".

If the fact is that they just have not set the date yet, then that
means they are engaged? The mom did not say that they are not
engaged, but just that the date has not yet been firmed up.

I still think it's odd that he has not been chivalrous enough to meet
her family in person? So then, how serious is it? Protocol?

I think we all keep waiting for him to behave in the 1950's manner
his parents would have conducted themselves. With meeting the
parents, a short courtship and quick wedding, good media, great
planning for a future life together that the public can actually
see going on.

I think it almost hurts the people around him, country-wise, to
not really be sharing his delight in finding the woman he wants to
be with. I am sure it is something as ruling monarch his people would
want to be a part of. It's also their home and their vested country. I
watched some interviews on Biography surrounding "The Princesses
of Monaco" and people just live there and hope the monarch is
happy and solid. They seem to go about their business but they do
really care what is going on although they keep their opinions to them-
selves.

I guess there are more foreigners on this site than Monegasques.
We all seem to care more than they do?

Anyone seen Charlene with Albert lately? What are they up to now?

HAVE A HAPPY DAY, SANDSLA!

R.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I noticed in the interview with her mother that the mom says
CW told the parents that although they have plans for marriage,
"they have not set the date yet, but they will be the first to know".

If the fact is that they just have not set the date yet, then that
means they are engaged? The mom did not say that they are not
engaged, but just that the date has not yet been firmed up.
R.
Sorry, Rosalee, Charlene never said to her parents whom they only had a plan of marriage "that no date had been fixed for the marriage" it is left a door open to the speculations, to the rumours of preparation of marriage: Charlene is rather intelligent, computer to choose her words, her sentences... to say "that no date was fixed for the marriage" under hears "we envisaged to marry us but we do not know when" but that can just as easily say : Albert doesn't intend to marry me. As Charlene wants to marry at all costs (at the price of ridiculous, to have a label stuck on the back of C - G, of the being kind paid to be with a man who évertue to deny any engagement (palate denies), any bond (no long-term plan), any name (girl friend, promised in marriage, partner...) bus until now Albert didn't say anything in this direction quite to the contrary :w00t2:he shouts (howls) high and strong: "I any long-term plan with Miss Charlene Wittstock, I am always unmarried, I will marry when I would have decided it..." refuses to answer the question "Miss Wittstock will be it does not have the mother of your children? "does Charlene push Albert with engagement, she wants to decide... and which Albert makes? the same thing as for all his ex...

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship