The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret View Post
Despite all the vicious and ugly remarks in this forum about Charlene's appearance, intellect (or supposed lack thereof), her suitability for the 'role', her intensions (integrity) and gosh, even the swimming credentials of an Olympic athlete, she's still around... And that gives me immense pleasure. Purely because of the agony it's clearly causing you lot who don't have anything better to fret about.

She might not be all (or any) of what you'd wanted for PA, but then, since when is it your business to decide what's good (or not) for him? To have an opinion is one thing, but to attack another human being in the way many people have been doing here is in the worst kind of taste. If there's anyone without class or proper upbringing in this scenario, it'd be those throwing rocks, pointing fingers and making such nasty remarks. Nevertheless, I'm going to leave you with a little gift... It's called 'tolerance'. Something that could make our world a much better place if there's more of it going around.
You seem to be not much better in tolerating those with a different opinion than yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret View Post
The fact that PA and Charlene are still together means these two people have found something special in each other that makes the other feel complete.
Or it might mean the existence of a business contract? There are many reasons why people stay together and only one of them is love. Ever considered why Bill and Hillary Clinton never got a divorce?

BTW, are you on the guest list for the wedding? If not, why the sneer?

JMO.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

the prince should just marry whoever is embeded deepest in his heart
the people of monaco love him, they will support him
afterall that is the fairytale ending isn't it??

Old 03-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Aristocracy

Hi Victoria, if I were you I would wait until an announcement came from the Palace before I say how much they mean to each other. Let us all remember, Prince Albert dated a lady for five years in secret, he took her out where persons did not connect the dots. This lady also happens to be the mother of his very handsome little son. We all know how he treats her now. So do not get to happy about this one.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

He might love CW, but there is a chance that he does not like how he is made to feel around her. He probably is happy that the press LIKES her and maybe people will too, but if he has to keep leaving her out of things in order to be taken seriously as a monarch, I wonder how long the relationship CAN last? People have stopped caring about seeing them together as a couple & now it is just about spotting CW. This will not bode well for their future. And she has not been able to keep them at bay.

R.

He dated CW inititially when she was 23 and he was already involved with NC. Maybe he is dating some others now? But then, this is all his business on his search for happiness and a good life partner.

R.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
He dated CW inititially when she was 23 and he was already involved with NC. Maybe he is dating some others now? But then, this is all his business on his search for happiness and a good life partner.

R.
He went out with her once as she told the press. She dated Rugby players.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Well, I just saw a short coverage about Prince Albert's birthday speech on the State-run TV channel RAI 1, and couldn't agree more with showgirl Alba Parietti, whose comment on Albert's speech was: " The one who starts his speech by stating *Welcome everybody to my 30th birthday party! Well, I'm 30 y/o with a 20 years experience!*, doesn't absolutely intend to get married."
If I were Charlene, I wouldn't stay there one minute more, and set sail. Tiara or no tiara!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Well, I just saw a short coverage about Prince Albert's birthday speech on the State-run TV channel RAI 1, and couldn't agree more with showgirl Alba Parietti, whose comment on Albert's speech was: " The one who starts his speech by stating *Welcome everybody to my 30th birthday party! Well, I'm 30 y/o with a 20 years experience!*, doesn't absolutely intend to get married."
If I were Charlene, I wouldn't stay there one minute more, and set sail. Tiara or no tiara!
Thanks for that info Tosca. I would have been gone over a year ago if he hadn't told me where the relationship was going as the press has said even last December she was saying to people. Not to mention the fact he's made it public knowledge he had no long term plans with her. After this length of time there should have been. By what her mother told the press before his birthday he still hasn't proposed nor have the meet him. I had hoped until the past few months this was the one and the more I heard I began to change my mind.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
And in an other interview he said something about celebrating his second 25th birthday.
But starting a speech with a joke is an accepted tool for any speecher. It's a sort of breaking the ice kind of thing. However, the speecher will have to be able to make the joke properly and the audience will have to get the aforementioned joke. I think Ms. Parietti failed in the latter.
Quote:
Excellent plan! It's got my vote. I'll even chip in for her ticket. No! Forget I said that. I'm even prepared to foot the whole bill, first class even, if it happens sooner than later. :chicken:

JMO
Old 03-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Nobody knows exactly what is going on between the two !
Old 03-18-2008, 03:07 AM
Nobility

It not embarrassment Albert feel if he don't have a future with Charlene why meet her parents.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

It was written everywhere that she is learning French AND having "lessons" with the Archbishop to become a catholic.... why change her religion if it wasn't because they will marry ?
Old 03-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
It was written everywhere that she is learning French AND having "lessons" with the Archbishop to become a catholic.... why change her religion if it wasn't because they will marry ?
the only problem it is that are the tabloïds which wrote it, not the Palace which announces it, they speculate, one knows what occurs in the palace, Charlene could just as easily, to learn Japanese to go to live in Japan, or quite simply nothing to make... What occurs behind the walls? No one knows it, and the personnel of the palace is held with the secrecy! The escapes don't come from the personnel but without Charlene or perhaps this is right speculation on behalf of the press.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
the only problem it is that are the tabloïds which wrote it, not the Palace which announces it, they speculate, one knows what occurs in the palace, Charlene could just as easily, to learn Japanese to go to live in Japan, or quite simply nothing to make... What occurs behind the walls? No one knows it, and the personnel of the palace is held with the secrecy! The escapes don't come from the personnel but without Charlene or perhaps this is right speculation on behalf of the press.
I'll add according to Pointe de Vue two Palace sources confirmed a September wedding and the Palace denied it. Unless they personally confirm something it's stories to sell the issues they put out.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

And I am sure they sold many, many copies and filled many many blogs with their pre-birthday "wedding announcement" issue. Smart move on their parts. Why not feed the scandal machine a few days before a grande event just to sell the rag? I say smart marketing.

It would be nice to know what the monarch is doing .. but it IS his "private" life. And he should not feel forced to marry someone just because the rest of the world wants him to get married. He is dating someone who seems enthralled with him and he with she. Maybe they won't get married? Maybe they eventually will? Maybe he is so unsure of her that he needs more time. Time for what? To agree she is good for him. To meet the real Mrs. PA? Who knows Fate?

Look how much hype everyone put into Princess Diana and in the end, PC never loved her, married her for offspring and kept the mistress all along. The one he should have married but he felt he was too young for and so she married someone else while he was away. Prince Andrew married someone he could not commit enough of his time to and it ended. Prince William dated Kate Middleton for five yrs and everyone was preparing for their announcement. He is younger, yes, but things still need to FEEL just right. And like Prince Felipe, when things are "right" one keeps it private and doesn't waste time planning their future together.

Things sometimes need space to grow or to even end a natural ending. PAlbert does not feel like his father did at 30 about marrying and having family, it seems. I think he knows he can always rely on Caroline's children or even adopt one of his own into the chair of sovereign. Marriage does not guarantee children or happiness. His heart will know when it is the right time. He seems to adore CW, but something is stopping him from making a commitment into a Princess.

R.

I often think that if he found a woman he thought was pretty, and smart and all-rounded and maternal .. he would make the transition to marriage. CW only has PG's colouring a bit .. but the rest of her is nothing like PG. He said his future wife should "resemble" his late mother. But he has never stated how. I think when he lost his mother, he was left with a "feeling" of PG .. and if he does not get this "feeling" from a woman .. even one who resembles her colouring .. there is a chance he won't be making that commitment.

R.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

That was quite an interesting speech beginning. The Prince is taking all of the yak yaking quite well. But,imo, the wrong subject matter considering the yeh-long romance pursuit--to joke about. Not too cool, Albie--perhaps he should let the Palace announcements speak from now on. International bad taste. Man oh man.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Nobility

Our local paper - Benoni City Times - has an article on the front page about Charlene and Albert.

I guess with all the wedding speculation they thought they had to put something in the paper.

The article just says that Benoni is not yet set to gain a princess. They have apparently spoken to her parents and they confirmed that Charlene and Albert are not engaged and according to her mother, Lynette, the couple are happy as they are.

The photo is one of the ones from the Circus Festival.

Credits: Benoni City Times - Karen Lategan
Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

That's exactly what her parents ought to say if they have been sworn to secrecy !
Old 03-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

So where are they now? What are they up to preceeding Easter?
R.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
That's exactly what her parents ought to say if they have been sworn to secrecy !
You are presuming they are engaged. It is in fact the only thing her Mother could say under the circumstances. If the palace issued a denial and Charlene continues to stay it doesn't mean a secret engagement, it means what the Mother said.

Sorry mods I realize this is in the wrong thread.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy

It's like he has not been able to be his age since his mother died and until his father died. Like he was frozen in time for the past 25+ yrs or so. This is sad. Mind you, if he FEELS like he is 25+ yrs old .. then he might live longer and enjoy his life more! And I say nothing wrong with dating someone younger if they get along well. Which they seem to do. Maybe we all felt he might marry someone different .. but maybe CW is what he had in mind for himself? But it's sure taking an awfully long time to announce something although they might have actually decided to get married by now and are planning their lives together as a couple just not telling too many people about it. CW looks WAAYYY TOO happy to be in a relationship that is NOT going anywhere.

R.

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship