The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I'm with you and this should cause some sort of statement directly from the Palace. I believed that happened with Alicia when Albert stopped seeing her because it got out of hand and this is. It's time to get this over with one way or the other. Recess is over the bell rang get off the playground and back in class.
I don't see a statement from the palace happening to be honest. If they were inclined to comment, they could (and should) have done it a lot earlier. The wedding rumours have been there since the beginning and no one bothered to comment on them then. So why now? Albert himself has denied getting married in a circumspect way on several occasions, but that doesn't seem to have made much of an impression. Maybe he should be less diplomatic and more direct about it?

But what bothers me most is that events that should have been about someone or something else have been dominated by Charlene. And now Albert's 50th has been made into an it's-all-about-Charlene event too.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Gentry

Hey ghislaine...I am with you on that...he didn't have her there at the National day celebrations and there were questions raised about it...now when, apparently Charlene is going to be there, if I got the Point de Vue article correctly, there is immidiate speculation about a wedding...I believe that is the reason Albert told her to stay away from the National day...I have no idea why she is invited now...but Albert is known for sending mixed signals. We have to wait and see, I guess.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Aristocracy

I understand there would be rules of protocol in any countrys' upper layers, but I don't think I like the way he treats her. Public some of the time, invisible the rest? I hope they have agreed on this manner of conduct. Anyone know why she gets invited to some things and not to others?
Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Aristocracy

Limelight ...

>>But what bothers me most is that events that should have been about someone or something else have been dominated by Charlene. And now Albert's 50th has been made into an it's-all-about-Charlene event too.<<GHISLAINE

I AGREE .. she is getting tons of limelight when many things like the AIDS and birthdays and Circus and .. really should have been about what they were truly about. It must be hard for Stephanie to stay tight-lipped when everything she has worked on and included her brother and Charlene in, has had SO LITTLE to do with the cause or even herself?

Maybe PA should have been more considerate about his sisters. He knows how much his dates get speculated upon and how much thunder that whole paparazzi thing takes away from the real issues. Mind you, he has kept her out of his important stuff .. like the environment and trips to Russia ..

R.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
They better get on the ball if it's going to happen while Albert is still young enough to enjoy any children they may have. I could not imagine becoming a parent at 50! He'll be over 60 when the kid(s) hits adolescence! Eek!

Cat
HE CAN HIRE ALL THE CHILDCARE HE WANTS TO FOR HIS YOUNG BRIDE ... MAYBE HE DOESN'T REALLY CARE WHO LOOKS AFTER THEM, JUST THAT THEY ARRIVE AND EXIST? I hope he remembers love from his childhood and imparts that to ALL his children, though. He seems to take care of them even if he has not been spending so much time WITH them. And I think he might be more dedicated to sharing his time with children and with a mother to whom he is married.

R.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Like most men with too much power he's not thinking with the head on his shoulder. Just ask Elliot Spitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
>>But what bothers me most is that events that should have been about someone or something else have been dominated by Charlene. And now Albert's 50th has been made into an it's-all-about-Charlene event too.<<GHISLAINE

I AGREE .. she is getting tons of limelight when many things like the AIDS and birthdays and Circus and .. really should have been about what they were truly about. It must be hard for Stephanie to stay tight-lipped when everything she has worked on and included her brother and Charlene in, has had SO LITTLE to do with the cause or even herself?

Maybe PA should have been more considerate about his sisters. He knows how much his dates get speculated upon and how much thunder that whole paparazzi thing takes away from the real issues. Mind you, he has kept her out of his important stuff .. like the environment and trips to Russia ..

R.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
I don't see a statement from the palace happening to be honest. If they were inclined to comment, they could (and should) have done it a lot earlier. The wedding rumours have been there since the beginning and no one bothered to comment on them then. So why now? Albert himself has denied getting married in a circumspect way on several occasions, but that doesn't seem to have made much of an impression. Maybe he should be less diplomatic and more direct about it?

But what bothers me most is that events that should have been about someone or something else have been dominated by Charlene. And now Albert's 50th has been made into an it's-all-about-Charlene event too.
He has been direct and I'm trying to get the transcript from the Interview on February 11, 2008.

Your last I think its why Caroline made the comment 'this isn't about Charlene' at an event they were at.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Gentry

Quote:
He has been direct and I'm trying to get the transcript from the Interview on February 11, 2008.

Your last I think its why Caroline made the comment 'this isn't about Charlene' at an event they were at.
Thank you, I would like to read that statement.....is this the interview on german TV that you are referring to?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Albert didn't want to share the limelight with Charlene she wouldn't be invited. She is the new face and will therefore get the attention.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
If Albert didn't want to share the limelight with Charlene she wouldn't be invited. She is the new face and will therefore get the attention.
If PA does bring Charlene - the press will put their attention on her.

If PA doesn't bring Charlene - the press will put their attention on why she isn't there

You can't win for losing!
Old 03-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy81 View Post
Hey ghislaine...I am with you on that...he didn't have her there at the National day celebrations and there were questions raised about it...now when, apparently Charlene is going to be there, if I got the Point de Vue article correctly, there is immidiate speculation about a wedding...I believe that is the reason Albert told her to stay away from the National day...I have no idea why she is invited now...but Albert is known for sending mixed signals. We have to wait and see, I guess.
But even if she doesn't show up, it's still all about Charlene. Why she wasn't there, what she was doing, stories about pending wedding and her being away because of the aforementioned wedding. No matter what, it's all about her. The reports from the German trip were little else but laments that Albert hadn't brought the charming/beautiful/classy/lovely/... (take your pick) Charlene along. (And he had brought the charming Ms. Stahl along, so why they were complaining?) And so even when Charlene is not present, she dominates all. And it annoys me no end.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

Exclamation

i just read daily mail, hola magazine,royalist, etc they are said that some source already confirm it is there truth to all of these?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
i just read daily mail, hola magazine,royalist, etc they are said that some source already confirm it is there truth to all of these?
As far as I know there isn't, but the tabloids are the ones who know all the blabbing palace insiders and I don't. But we'll know one way or another by this time on Friday, I suppose...
Old 03-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy81 View Post
Thank you, I would like to read that statement.....is this the interview on german TV that you are referring to?
Yes I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
If PA does bring Charlene - the press will put their attention on her.

If PA doesn't bring Charlene - the press will put their attention on why she isn't there

You can't win for losing!
Exactly what I've said its all about her even when it shouldn't be and the focus should be on the event they are there for. Perhaps why Caroline remarked 'this isn't about Charlene' at one.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

Magazine Hola from Spain says that Charlene and albert will marry in the next september.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Nobility

Playboy Prince Albert of Monaco to settle down and marry at 50 | the Daily Mail
Old 03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Now I know why Albert has been getting angry lately for being asked the same questions where's Charlene and is he going to marry her. It's the same articles being posted and the information came from the latest Pointe de Vue issue. It's still speculation.

There's no press release when there is its official.
Official Web Site-Prince's Palace-Monaco-Site Officiel-Palais Princier
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, none of the more impressive Monegasque papers are running anything speculative about it. They will save the reality of PA's impending marriage to anyone for its real time.

R.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

where, when Caroline said that, thanks if you found the article or interview of this sentence.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
where, when Caroline said that, thanks if you found the article or interview of this sentence.
It was posted before I believe it was Hola.

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship