The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

a tad unpleasant, YA THANK lol :0
imo princess caroline is alot like the princess royal anne. they don't suffer fools gladly and are too busy to worry about "hurting feeling" i think if caroline could respect the woman albert chose, she'd give the woman a chance and help her IF she really loved albert. but i can't see her making an effort if it wasn't best for monaco. i can see two courts easily if he marries charlene. do you suppose he's so far removed from the "everyday people" he really doesn't know how they feel about her? or care? i can't see either sister holding back about their real feelings with so much to lose.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i have a question if prince alberts marries charlene, would he be force to step down? could this be a repeat of history with prince (?) and mrs. simpson?
I don't see any valid reason why. The crowncouncil would probably have to approve the marriage and it wouldn't be too wise to act against it, especially if his present heir is against it. They could declare him incapable of ruling, but of course there would be his party disputing such a verdict so that would be quite the scandal and do more harm then good so all parties will surely avoid that. They might force him to limit her influence though. Most of them are advanced in age, though he has changed some of the older members, so obviously more conservative. They might not approve her and put some limitations on her actions for Monaco. Maybe even thus far as reducing her to bearer of heirs with no public role. Though I find that unlikely. I think that Albert would realize that a public marriage that starts with a general opposition by his people and his officials is doomed from the beginning. I believe he would rather not marry then put his wife into that position. Louis II didn't marry until very late in life, so maybe he will follow his example, but personally I still believe that Charlene is not important enough to him. Otherwise he would have never put her into the position where she is publicly humiliated.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
imo princess caroline is alot like the princess royal anne. they don't suffer fools gladly and are too busy to worry about "hurting feeling" i think if caroline could respect the woman albert chose, she'd give the woman a chance and help her IF she really loved albert. but i can't see her making an effort if it wasn't best for monaco. i can see two courts easily if he marries charlene. do you suppose he's so far removed from the "everyday people" he really doesn't know how they feel about her? or care? i can't see either sister holding back about their real feelings with so much to lose.
I don't see the sisters holding back at all either and I think the princess royal anne is a good comparision. Judging from the recent photos he looks like he's in his own little bubble completely oblivious to the rest of the world. I'm sure his friends thinks she's a barrel of fun. I can't imagine Caroline didn't give him the army wake up call. All I can think of at the moment is the scene from Moonstruck when Cher's character slaps the guy and tells him to snap out of it. I think paca has it right, he's determine to shove Charlene down everyone throats. Poor Monaco!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
ummm Jaya, dear - - what are you talking about (i mean that nicely) ?

imo, nothing here is that critical.
Can you say that with an English accent?
It will sound like it is from Private Lives by Noel Coward and you are the protagonist.
imo JMO
Old 06-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
I don't think Princess Caroline is like Princess Anne at all. Princess Caroline has made enough mistakes in her life to be a little more compassionate than Princess Anne.

I like both ladies but I don't see the similarities.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-15-2007, 01:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae
I second that...Albert is not a strong prince... Charlene is.... charlene and a lot of people in Monaco have no respect for her.....Yes criticism is rather outspoken...but struggle is behind and he's still parading with her.
Charlene is not a strong person too, I am sure that she is just a payable person trying to save herself under the "Excort Agreement" with her bad&good times.
It seems to me that only a STRONG and HARIZMATIC woman with even not too high profile could win this game with people of Monaco.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Nobility

Article from Hello Magazine

Albert and Charlene closer than ever at Monaco TV festival
Albert and Charlene closer than ever at Monaco TV festival
Old 06-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Serene Highness

*quote from above article
*Despite their closeness it may be sometime before Albert's bachelor days are over, however, as Charlene is still competing in the pool at the highest level, with the apparent intention of taking part in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

looks like the palace pr is still spinning this outlandish tale!

"I don't think Princess Caroline is like Princess Anne at all. Princess Caroline has made enough mistakes in her life to be a little more compassionate than Princess Anne."
i was only comparing their attitudes of not suffering fools gladly. you're right ysbel in your comparison of the two. caroline is a more down to earth, live and let live person and is often seen having fun and "cutting loose". but i'll bet she can cut cold as glass when she feels like it and can make life very uncomfortable and unwelcoming to charlene if she decides to. she can be the best friend you ever had or the worst enemy you could ever want, she is such a strong personality and very intelligent i just can't see her standing by and saying nothing while albert tries to cram a woman down the throat of their country that doesn't seem inclined to accept.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
You must not have a sister in law? You either like them or you don't and Jaya is right about that one. In the absence of the Mother the oldest daughter whether royal or not assumes the role unless the sister in law was present while the mother was still alive. Now add on all the royal responsibilites to that and you have Caroline. Believe me if I were to walk into Albert's family I would want Caroline on my side -otherwise life would be -well shall we say a tad unpleasant.
Same in my family... only Mom's alive but I'm the one the sisters-in-law had win over

I don't understand this idea that if anyone disapproves of Charlene and he marries her anyway, Albert has to abdicate. It's utter nonsense.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

What makes you feel that...

... people in Monaco would be hostile to Charlene ?
After all at 49 they must have dispaired to him to get a wife and children no ?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09
Because sometimes the "better to marry than to burn" theory can backfire. If they've waited this long, just by marrying anyone things could end up worse. Should Albert want a few examples, he should have been at my college reunion last year (could have stopped by on his way to Amherst). There are a significant amount of divorces that happened b/c the couple got married b/c they assume it "was about time."
Old 06-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09
Yes people are hostile... and are whispering during public events... not only when they are in their family circle.... they hope he will marry someone but charlene is "out".
Old 06-16-2007, 05:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991 View Post
Because sometimes the "better to marry than to burn" theory can backfire. If they've waited this long, just by marrying anyone things could end up worse. Should Albert want a few examples, he should have been at my college reunion last year (could have stopped by on his way to Amherst). There are a significant amount of divorces that happened b/c the couple got married b/c they assume it "was about time."
Oh, I so agree!
I was looking at the most recent photos (I think) Charlene in the black/pink number standing next to Albert (looking much older than his age & Charlene much younger than hers), It looked like he had brought his wayward daughter along. I thought to myself, there is not a chance that this couple will make it if they marry.

Every friend I had that married young, they usually married older men (7-10 yr difference) are all divorced now. The friends that married when they were older all married younger men seem to be doing very well?
The age gap widens not lessens for women when you get older.

I have to say if this is Charlene on her best behavior now, when she is trying to impress & is trying at something, I worry about this kind of personality with the type of leverage (plus the media) she will have after she becomes Albert's wife, & worse when she gets pregnant with the heir and really changes Caroline's position. God forbid anything happen to Albert, can you imagine??? The stress of that marriage could really kill him & by the looks of him lately, she hasn't helped in that dept yet. Who do you think would be regent? How complicated would that be?

I can't imagine a marriage like this lasting, even without the pressures & responsibilities that Charlene seems inept to handle, I don't think she handled herself well as just a guest at the Amade charity. I cannot imagine her managing any kind of foundation or function like that. You need to be able to attract confidence & money & I do not see Charlene being able to do that.

There will be a difference in Albert's wife position than usual, because of Princess Grace's early death.The sister's have had to take roles that they would not normally have had, and they have been managing them for 25 years. Even if they wanted to step back the people in Monaco will want to continue to see the sisters & their children. Caroline has done a great job with the ballet and accomplished something even her mother was unable to do. I think it is going to be very hard if the wife does not have a very good relationship with his sisters. She is going to have to be mature enough and humble enough to understand the situation. I too think the sisters do not suffer fools & will not support someone they do not think is right or that they do not care for.

I can't imagine what I think the inevitable divorce would be like, Albert will feel guilty & will suffer through for awhile, he wont want to admit the mistake once again, doesn't the child stay with Albert if they divorce? Or the Mother will have to stay close in Monaco & she will be the mother to the heir, so she will always be in the picture. Plus the other mothers to deal with? Plus her own role to deal with. It's hard enough in a normal marriage - Can you imagine any women wanting to marry into that? Plus she will need to have a relationship with the sisters. All this in a public forum.

I hope Albert thinks long & hard about how hard it will be for a second chance for real love if a marriage doesn't work out. I think he only has one shot at what I think is already a complicated situation. I think Charlene would be a big risk in many ways if he decides to marry her. I hope he finally wakes up & outgrows whatever fantasy he is living before he makes what could be the mistake of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
Yes people are hostile... and are whispering during public events... not only when they are in their family circle.... they hope he will marry someone but charlene is "out".
I was wondering about that when I saw the picture where Albert & Charlene were on their feet very animated, while everyone around them sitting had these dead pan expressions on their face? They do not seem to generate a lot of energy from the people around. I thought people might even try to fake it considering who he is? Do you know which photo I'm talking about - it is kind of funny.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I was wondering about that when I saw the picture where Albert & Charlene were on their feet very animated, while everyone around them sitting had these dead pan expressions on their face? They do not seem to generate a lot of energy from the people around. I thought people might even try to fake it considering who he is? Do you know which photo I'm talking about - it is kind of funny.
I suppose you are referring to the opening ceremony?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Here is a link to a videocomment from a German journalist about Charlene's and Alberts F1 appearance and wedding rumours. It is quite ironical and probably be better off in a different thread, which is unfortunetely closed. You need to scroll down for the video and it starts week 02.06. at 0.45.

Brisant | DasErste.de
Old 06-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Here is a link to a videocomment from a German journalist about Charlene's and Alberts F1 appearance and wedding rumours. It is quite ironical and probably be better off in a different thread, which is unfortunetely closed. You need to scroll down for the video and it starts week 02.06. at 0.45.

Brisant | DasErste.de
unfortunately I don't understand German at all, I just heard Charliiiine Wittstock and Albert... I am I learned very small little Spanish (two sentences: one which says the truth "me llamo LCKC" (my name is ...) and another which makes me say a lie : hablo español (I speak spanish)) and Italian (a little but more that spanish)

lckc571
Old 06-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Are you thinking of the closing ceremony, when charlene is dressed in black?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
unfortunately I don't understand German at all, I just heard Charliiiine Wittstock and Albert... I am I learned very small little Spanish (two sentences: one which says the truth "me llamo LCKC" (my name is ...) and another which makes me say a lie : hablo español (I speak spanish)) and Italian (a little but more that spanish)

lckc571
Here is the transcript of what she said.

Quote:
Durchhaltevermoegen der besonderen Art hat derzeit Charlene Wittstock. Die breitschultrige Schwimmerin aus Suedafrika, die laesst sich von Fuerst Albert von Monaco immer mal wieder entsorgen und taucht dann doch wieder an seiner Seite auf. Wie jetzt bei der Formel 1 in monte carlo als seine mit-Partyhopperin, so mit Anfassen: mal touched sie seinen Oberschenkel, mal kuesst er ihre Hand. Ich hab das Gefuehl die schleppt ihn bald hinein in den Hafen der Ehe. Und zwar in 2008. Es ist halt der lange Atem einer Extremschwimmerin.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Here is the transcript of what she said.
thanks, PACA, for the transcript...

I say ouahhhh, it's right, it is very ironical... I like when the german journalist say:

" lets itself be disposed by prince Albert of Monaco always times again and emerges then nevertheless again at his side."

"It is stop the long breath of an extreme swimmer."

lckc571
Old 06-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
thanks, PACA, for the transcript...

I say ouahhhh, it's right, it is very ironical... I like when the german journalist say:

" lets itself be disposed by prince Albert of Monaco always times again and emerges then nevertheless again at his side."

"It is stop the long breath of an extreme swimmer."

lckc571
You're welcome. Interesting note on the sideline, the journalist of this little commentary (she used to be the spokesperson of the late German president Rau) says that the beauty of her job is all the things they know but do not publish and that they are more then careful about what they publish about the Grimaldis.

Here is a link to another wedding soon article. Obviously they didn't get their facts right as I would really love to know where there is a Park hyatt hotel in Monaco with view to the palace and I don't recall her being at the awards ceremony of the TV festival. Also it was the opening ceremony in Turin, the closing ceremony he attended with his nephew. Where either Grace or Charlene would have received a british accent I'd also like to know, one of them being American the other SouthAfrican, but I guess no tabloid can do nowadays without comparing each of Alberts girlfriends to Grace. As to what the Monegasques say ....Le Matin Online > People > Albert et Charlene: mariage en vue?

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship