The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #921  
Old 02-14-2008, 07:18 AM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Do you not think she would be with him without any financial assistance from him?
In a word, NO! And that should worry him! (JMO)

Quote:
I think she and many woman would.
Well, from Albert's past, we can assume there is - it's just surprising that Albert is still interested in this type of woman? If you mean would a woman with integrity feel comfortable living off a man while just dating, No they wouldn't! (JMO)


Quote:
When it comes to love, or even adoration, money has no role. Such means are of little significance to him. So, if he can take a financial burden off someone he cares for, to make her life a bit easier, why not?
Well, I guess it is a good thing he has plenty of money and supporting women is easy for him (this should make a woman feel special ) and I suppose that is why he is happy to be subsudizing most of the women he has dated in the past?

Money may have no role for him, but I have a very hard time believing a 30 year old women is interested in a 50 year old man, if he thinks on her part "money has no role" I can safely say as a woman myself, that he is kidding himself, if he doesn't think he is paying her to be an escort? Or if he thinks he is going to convince many others otherwise? (JMO)

Quote:
If it became evident that she was with him simply for the money, that would be disgraceful. But something leads me to think that no amount of money could compensate for the loss of her privacy. In my book, the only thing that would permit me to surrender my privacy would be love. I hope she feels the same way.
Well, I don't think it becomes evident to Albert (just everybody else) until after the fact? The obvious seems to allude him. (JMO)

I'm curious if Albert has ever dated someone where he didn't open up his wallet? If he was truly interested in attracting someone that had any true feelings for him, he wouldn't open up his wallet so fast, but I think Albert is too afraid to rely on himself to attract a woman instead of using his money and position to attract women? And as a result, and that I have mentioned before I believe he attracts exactly what he advertises for? That is too bad, because he will never attract a woman who is actually attracted or in love with him, but he really doesn't seem interested in that? I believe the general public is pretty indifferent now to Albert or who he dates or who his potental bride is at this point? Except maybe his sisters, who understand that they all represent Monaco and the Monagasque at this point are beyond expecting anything special? I think if Albert actually married for love (both parties) that would be a novel idea! (JMO)

Personally, I might agree that no amount of money could compensate for the loss of privacy, therefore I wouldn't TAKE any compensation for it? But then I don't give interviews about my private life for publicity! Charlene made no efforts in keeping her privacy, I would say she promoted it early on! So, Charlene being compensated for her privacy is quite a stretch?

Well, I admire your effort on trying to put a positive attitude on it all, but I would say (IMO) if Albert has allowed him the same dillusions, Good luck to him
__________________

__________________
  #922  
Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,289
I thought I would put this in this thread. Tonight - Romances To Remember: South Africans In Love - Corlia Fourie
Quote:
Love beyond romance February 14, 2008

By Arja Salafranca

Human & Rousseau R150

Reviewed By Arja Salafranca

Francois Bloemhof delivers a sparkling piece of writing in Fairy tale with a shelf life? This examines the love affair between Prince Albert of Monaco and South African Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock. A great love affair? Hardly. This is essentially a speculation piece, the two have not announced any plans to be together, but this essay begs to be read for its witty cheek alone.
__________________

__________________
  #923  
Old 02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 212
Apparently he was dating her before his father died, many quiet "business trips" to South Africa for "benevolent" reasons? Please .. like there are not enough closer spots to help out. Is father apparently never liked her at the outset and less so once she blabbed the first date to the press. Albert always said he would marry AFTER his father died. Like a matter of fact. As a matter of sureness that he already knew who it would be and that it was just NOT a battle he was willing to wage with his father. One would think true love would be worth standing one's ground no matter what? It's not like Grace Kelly was of Royal Lineage. Pr. Rainier just did not like a certain absence of education and class of CW.

Funny thing is, in the last 7 yrs, CW has not done much to further her education or etiquette although recent protocol officers have been on hire to work with her. Thus her look changing to accommodate the Royal Family.

PA wants a playmate he can enjoy life with ... like in North America, people work to live and have fun .. not the other way around .. this way, he is VERY American.

His decisions seem to reflect his want of having a fun and happy private life outside of his "job" and right now that seems to be with Charlene. Frankly, there are grande CEOs all over the world with Barbies for wives who happily spend money, redecorate the house every year and plan tons of stuff for the children ... only attending high profile things when they HAVE TO to make their husbands look good. How and why would this be any different???

They appear happy ... he has orchestrated the press for some reason.

He is NOT one of the 20-something Royal Princes of the other Euro countries who have picked their brides and waited until they turned 30 to marry them. He needs to remember that he is almost 50 yrs old, the actual reigning ruler of the country he lives in, and that he cannot quit his job at the end of the day ... his job is 28/9 ALL THE TIME and so is his personal life, the barbie he chooses and everything that goes on in-between.

And I think, he is just a different person from his father. Raised differently. Not finding the same things to be important to him.

R.
__________________
  #924  
Old 02-14-2008, 06:52 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Roselee,

I think what you are saying is that Albert really has no respect for women! I kind of guessed that too! He doesn't ever see a woman as another human being, with any equity? But as something to be procured for his own amusement, he wants to be able to control a woman, so he only goes after women that are not very worldly and that are impressed very easily. Also, he should have learned by now, that women that pretend to play that game (that let him believe he has the upper hand), only do so for awhile until they turn the tables on him, once they get what they are after? I agree he is not looking for a woman that he needs to respect, he has only dated woman for purely physical reasons in the past it would seem, where it seems to prop up his ego in areas, where he feels insecure himself. Why we expect anything different or anyone different, that the world would respect and admire is crazy I guess, we keep thinking Albert will evolve. Well he talks a great talk about his visions for Monaco and humanity in the world, but if he chooses his partner for the reasons you mention, it shows he is not a very strong man and is immature and has many emotional insecurites - He won't really ever be respected by anyone, some people might let him hang around with some of them if they can use him to benefit from his financial position (just like the women he dates). This is not the 1950's, it was bad enough then, and that is why the 60's was full of women wanting a divorce. When it comes to women Albert does not strike me as a modern man that is current, with his disrespectful view of women which you have explained well! For his sake, I hope there is some real and lasting love if that is possible considering all that's been mentioned, so that the squandered opportunity will be worth giving up so much for? I think Monaco as a country will have to suffer for it? If he dates woman that he doesn't or can't respect, I'm sure he is smart enough to know the Monagasque or the rest of the world will not either? What a waste, it would be great to be proved wrong, but I'm losing all hope! Rosalee, I would take issue with the fact that this is an American idea! Maybe some CEOs and people who don't pay politically might not mind the very expensive Bimbo marriage and divorces. But from someone who has lived a few places abroad I would say it is less an American idea? Sarkozy? Not a chance that would be a possibility in the U.S.(IMO)
__________________
  #925  
Old 02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 13
I can't fathom why he has no respect for women, considering that his mother was who she was and by all accounts devoted to her family. One would think he would greatly respect women.
__________________
  #926  
Old 02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyraedro View Post
I can't fathom why he has no respect for women, considering that his mother was who she was and by all accounts devoted to her family. One would think he would greatly respect women.
My sentiments also, so what went wrong?

If Grace was alive would Albert be dating someone like Charlene?

From the quotes of Charlene's father in the recent press, her family doesn't seem to be a priority for Charlene? He sounds like he hadn't even heard from her? In the style they have promoted the relationship, pimping themselves and their relationship to the press. Who or how can one repect that!

Albert always date the antigrace! I think Charlene is the opposite of Grace and the pretense in trying to copy her only serves to highlight that point. Grace was more than a blond! I think people may have it wrong, Albert is not trying to date anyone like his mother, but the exact opposite?
__________________
  #927  
Old 02-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Freeport, Bahamas
Posts: 120
Hi everyone, Sandsla you hit the nail on the head. I could not have said it better myself.
__________________
  #928  
Old 02-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I thought I would put this in this thread. Tonight - Romances To Remember: South Africans In Love - Corlia Fourie


Thanks Anyway for the article. There are some refreshing love affairs there-at least people who have held their relationships together. A nice article for Valentine's Day. Perhaps we can all at least have thoughts of something lovely and not too much into the old A/Cw knashing of the teeth, same old same old.
__________________
  #929  
Old 02-14-2008, 10:27 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
My sentiments also, so what went wrong?

If Grace was alive would Albert be dating someone like Charlene?

From the quotes of Charlene's father in the recent press, her family doesn't seem to be a priority for Charlene? He sounds like he hadn't even heard from her? In the style they have promoted the relationship, pimping themselves and their relationship to the press. Who or how can one repect that!

Albert always date the antigrace! I think Charlene is the opposite of Grace and the pretense in trying to copy her only serves to highlight that point. Grace was more than a blond! I think people may have it wrong, Albert is not trying to date anyone like his mother, but the exact opposite?
If Grace was still alive I believe he would have married a nice lady before 30 and had a few children.

I agree Charlene comes across as the opposite as many of the other woman he's dated.
__________________
  #930  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:07 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
Apparently he was dating her before his father died, many quiet "business trips" to South Africa for "benevolent" reasons? Please .. like there are not enough closer spots to help out. Is father apparently never liked her at the outset and less so once she blabbed the first date to the press. Albert always said he would marry AFTER his father died. Like a matter of fact. As a matter of sureness that he already knew who it would be and that it was just NOT a battle he was willing to wage with his father. One would think true love would be worth standing one's ground no matter what? It's not like Grace Kelly was of Royal Lineage. Pr. Rainier just did not like a certain absence of education and class of CW.

R.
I haven't read this before what's your source?
__________________
  #931  
Old 02-15-2008, 07:40 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Ladymac,

I have heard that also, he was dating Charlene or she was hanging around with Albert and his entourage, when he was dating Alicia and Nicole?

Charlene has even made a remark or two in the press, that alluded to the idea she was seeing Albert at the time. Remember the remark when they were at a swim event, and the coach was being asked by the reporter if the team would be at some swim event or something? And the coach said they would be on the bus!, (implying they would all be there, I guess?) Charlene Wittstock spoke up, that SHE would be on a yacht! ??? This article was before Albert and Charlene showed up together in Turin, I was thinking it was a few years before I think But, I'm not sure of the date, you can probably find the article on a search under her name probably? I think people assumed she must have been dating Albert then, I think also, maybe that remark early on by Charlene's father about Charlene working to be the only woman in Alberts life...?

Anyway, I have heard this from another source as well?
__________________
  #932  
Old 02-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Freeport, Bahamas
Posts: 120
If this information is true then we can all be assured that Albert is not planning to marry Charlene. I thought that this relationship begun in December, 2005. If he was seeing her before then it only seems that he wants her to be his girlfriend.

I mentioned a few weeks ago in another forum that I feel that Prince Albert does not wish to get married and he picks a certain type of girl who he can use and discard when he is through. It appears that my assumptions are right.
__________________
  #933  
Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Ladymac,

I have heard that also, he was dating Charlene or she was hanging around with Albert and his entourage, when he was dating Alicia and Nicole?

Charlene has even made a remark or two in the press, that alluded to the idea she was seeing Albert at the time. Remember the remark when they were at a swim event, and the coach was being asked by the reporter if the team would be at some swim event or something? And the coach said they would be on the bus!, (implying they would all be there, I guess?) Charlene Wittstock spoke up, that SHE would be on a yacht! ??? This article was before Albert and Charlene showed up together in Turin, I was thinking it was a few years before I think But, I'm not sure of the date, you can probably find the article on a search under her name probably? I think people assumed she must have been dating Albert then, I think also, maybe that remark early on by Charlene's father about Charlene working to be the only woman in Alberts life...?

Anyway, I have heard this from another source as well?
Okay you answered my question. There is no documented source therefore until such its hearsay or gossip. Like the article from Aktuelle that many don't believe even though someone who sends the bills to the Palace was quoted. Also they haven't sued yet over that one so it makes you wonder.
__________________
  #934  
Old 02-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Okay you answered my question. There is no documented source therefore until such its hearsay or gossip. Like the article from Aktuelle that many don't believe even though someone who sends the bills to the Palace was quoted. Also they haven't sued yet over that one so it makes you wonder.
AFAIK, Albert hasn't sued or tried to sue anything/anyone since the Maldives photos two years ago. That fact alone is enough to make me suspicious.
__________________
Free Albert !
  #935  
Old 02-17-2008, 04:26 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
I agree that Albert has dated women that were the opposite of his mother. I wouldn't even consider those "ralationships" dating, it seems to be just amusement. I think Albert considered his mother the perfect woman, and paradoxically he ragards marriage very highly. He stated some time ago:"there is sex for fun and sex for family". He probably divides women into two categories: "good girls" to be married with, and "bad girls" to sleep with. Albert probably always thought he had time to get married but before that he could have as much fun as he could as a bachelor. But he did not realize that his dating pattern, his past might discourage any decent woman.
Now, all those stories about Charlene's support in yellow press, whether true or not(most likely not) will make finding the right woman even more difficult for Albert. I don't know if he knows what he has done to himself by exposing this woman so much.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
  #936  
Old 02-17-2008, 06:44 AM
lckc571's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Metz, France
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Ladymac,

I have heard that also, he was dating Charlene or she was hanging around with Albert and his entourage, when he was dating Alicia and Nicole?

Charlene has even made a remark or two in the press, that alluded to the idea she was seeing Albert at the time. Remember the remark when they were at a swim event, and the coach was being asked by the reporter if the team would be at some swim event or something? And the coach said they would be on the bus!, (implying they would all be there, I guess?) Charlene Wittstock spoke up, that SHE would be on a yacht! ??? This article was before Albert and Charlene showed up together in Turin, I was thinking it was a few years before I think But, I'm not sure of the date, you can probably find the article on a search under her name probably? I think people assumed she must have been dating Albert then, I think also, maybe that remark early on by Charlene's father about Charlene working to be the only woman in Alberts life...?

Anyway, I have heard this from another source as well?
I began the list of the women who albert had relations ! 2001 Alycia 2001Young woman unknow 2003an other 2003 an other 2003 an other 2003 an other 2003 Anna Kournikhova 2004 Alysson Carlson alysson Carlson I don't finish and I am sure I forgot a lot and a lot of women haven't photograph !!
__________________
  #937  
Old 02-17-2008, 09:18 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I agree that Albert has dated women that were the opposite of his mother. I wouldn't even consider those "ralationships" dating, it seems to be just amusement. I think Albert considered his mother the perfect woman, and paradoxically he ragards marriage very highly. He stated some time ago:"there is sex for fun and sex for family". He probably divides women into two categories: "good girls" to be married with, and "bad girls" to sleep with. Albert probably always thought he had time to get married but before that he could have as much fun as he could as a bachelor. But he did not realize that his dating pattern, his past might discourage any decent woman.
The part I bold typed his dating habit in college was he would go on dates with the "good girls" drop them off and then go party with the "bad girls" so its an old habit. I never heard him say that about the "sex for fun and sex for family" and as he knows even fun can produce children.
__________________
  #938  
Old 02-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
LadyMacalpine, I remebmer reading here, on this board, that Albert made that statement about sex, fun, family. But I don't remember if it was some article or some poster's post.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
  #939  
Old 02-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
AFAIK, Albert hasn't sued or tried to sue anything/anyone since the Maldives photos two years ago. That fact alone is enough to make me suspicious.

Could someone tell me what happened with the Maldives photos?What was wrong with them? i heard something but don´t remember what. Thanks.
__________________
  #940  
Old 02-17-2008, 03:23 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Could someone tell me what happened with the Maldives photos?What was wrong with them? i heard something but don´t remember what. Thanks.
She was caught kissing his chest or as some say doing something else. He was waving to someone at the same time and it was almost as if to the person taking the photo's IMO. You can find the photo's in post #157 of her current events thread I page 8.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 23 : July 2007 - Sept.2007 Zonk Current Events Archive 192 09-16-2007 10:28 PM
What do you think of Charlene? Zonk Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 415 07-15-2007 12:57 PM
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 946 01-29-2007 09:55 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 01-11-2007 07:35 PM
A Wife for Albert part III Lyonnaise Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 272 06-25-2006 07:38 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]