The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #901  
Old 02-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
But, it's not as if he wasn't sowing them all along (with 2 children to prove it!). Albert may have a psychological reason why he has not settled down at this ripe age. I wonder if he ever considered seeking professional help? And I'm not trying to be funny. I'm quite serious.

I don't think it really bothers him, Burberry that he hasn't married at or near 50. There was some discussion he had a while back with a reporter ,I believe, to the effect where he stated he knew of 50 year olds who had not married and implied that it wasn't a big thing. I don't think he cares about being a mold or 'like other common men'.

Although I do think that 50 is a somewhat unusual age for a first marriage. Oft times when they get to that age they have done a lot of sharing or living with their companions.

And re whoever said he was dating someone else, I doubt he would do that at this point. He stated last year through someone that he was no longer a playboy and actually we haven't seen him, at least with no one except CW. Not even he would have the gaul after his most high profile international sea to sea romance with CW.
__________________

__________________
  #902  
Old 02-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Jose, United States
Posts: 74
The Duque of Braganzca (sp?) and the Prince von Thurn und Taxis got married for the first time when they were in their 50's, so there's precedent. However, as I've said before, I dont' think that Albert plans to marry. He could change his mind, but I don't think so.
__________________

__________________
  #903  
Old 02-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
You guys, know Albert can have high profile relationship quit just like that.
__________________
  #904  
Old 02-10-2008, 08:18 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 2,782
I am sure they will marry, I really hope so, and have children
__________________
  #905  
Old 02-10-2008, 09:46 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I am sure they will marry, I really hope so, and have children
I posted an article before from Aktuelle they had a poll in which they asked Did Albert find the right woman in Charlene. The last time we looked at it the results were.

Hat

Fürst Albert in Charlene die richtige Frau gefunden?
Yes -- Ja 35.4%
No -- Nein 64.6%

Your hopes of them marrying are in the minority. This is the cover on which it says he is giving her 40,000 Euro's per month on top of paying all her other expenses. It's gone from the Fairy Tale love story which I thought it was in the beginning to paid escort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539 View Post
I think that if Charlene and her family would not have spoken to the tabloids and had taken the high road in this relationship folks might have accepted her a little better. But then those articles were followed up by the Turin and Maldives photos. She herself is making it difficult to find anything positive about herself.
They are still talking and the Aktuelle article made it go from bad to worse.
__________________
  #906  
Old 02-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
That article kill there fairytale romance I think whoever talk to Aktuelle didn't know that it was going to blow up in there faces. Think what people are saying Albert had to pay a woman to come with him to event. Remember last they did a poll about Albert & Charlene poll in this magazine was 64.8% yes & 35.6% no.
__________________
  #907  
Old 02-10-2008, 06:10 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
That article kill there fairytale romance I think whoever talk to Aktuelle didn't know that it was going to blow up in there faces. Think what people are saying Albert had to pay a woman to come with him to event. Remember last they did a poll about Albert & Charlene poll in this magazine was 64.8% yes & 35.6% no.
When was that poll? It's almost identical to what I just posted only the opposite? This one ended on Thursday.
Fürst Albert in Charlene die richtige Frau gefunden?
Yes -- Ja 35.4%
No -- Nein 64.6%

Her father was one of the people interviewed.
__________________
  #908  
Old 02-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
This is the poll for last year I'm talking about when they did article for Aktuelle.
__________________
  #909  
Old 02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I posted an article before from Aktuelle they had a poll in which they asked Did Albert find the right woman in Charlene. The last time we looked at it the results were.

Hat

Fürst Albert in Charlene die richtige Frau gefunden?
Yes -- Ja 35.4%
No -- Nein 64.6%

Your hopes of them marrying are in the minority. This is the cover on which it says he is giving her 40,000 Euro's per month on top of paying all her other expenses. It's gone from the Fairy Tale love story which I thought it was in the beginning myself to paid escort.

They are still talking and the Aktuelle article made it go from bad to worse.



Whaaat? I'm done! Whatever! as the kids say! I guess I'll just sit back and wait, maybe for little Alexandre to get into the frey-maybe he'll be dating as a late teener. However, this can't be true. I wouldn't think he'd have to do that, some lovely lady would love him when he's ready to commit.But in the meantime, happy waiting Ladymac.
__________________
  #910  
Old 02-10-2008, 08:18 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by olga101 View Post
Whaaat? I'm done! Whatever! as the kids say! I guess I'll just sit back and wait, maybe for little Alexandre to get into the frey-maybe he'll be dating as a late teener. However, this can't be true. I wouldn't think he'd have to do that, some lovely lady would love him when he's ready to commit.But in the meantime, happy waiting Ladymac.
Wait for what?
__________________
  #911  
Old 02-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Freeport, Bahamas
Posts: 120
Hi everyone, I believe that this article is untrue like most of the other stories so far. I certainly hope that this is the case. If true, this just solidifies the feeling that Albert is not planning on getting married.

I pray that this man meets a decent woman who knocks him off his feet and he will be married within a year of meeting her.
__________________
  #912  
Old 02-11-2008, 06:10 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
That article kill there fairytale romance I think whoever talk to Aktuelle didn't know that it was going to blow up in there faces. Think what people are saying Albert had to pay a woman to come with him to event. Remember last they did a poll about Albert & Charlene poll in this magazine was 64.8% yes & 35.6% no.
It's just a matter of when you look at the poll. Last week's poll started out 67 to 33 in favour of Charlene but after a week it stabilized at about 34 to 66 in favour of Charlene not being the perfect wife for Albert.
__________________
Free Albert !
  #913  
Old 02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
That magazine hurt Charlene unstead of helping her.
__________________
  #914  
Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
It's just a matter of when you look at the poll. Last week's poll started out 67 to 33 in favour of Charlene but after a week it stabilized at about 34 to 66 in favour of Charlene not being the perfect wife for Albert.
Now wait just a momentito ladies & gents, doesn't anyone think this is a chivalrous act on Albert's part. He is not so much paying her to escort him, as he is taking care of her. Do you not think she would be with him without any financial assistance from him? I think she and many woman would. When it comes to love, or even adoration, money has no role. Such means are of little significance to him. So, if he can take a financial burden off someone he cares for, to make her life a bit easier, why not?

If it became evident that she was with him simply for the money, that would be disgraceful. But something leads me to think that no amount of money could compensate for the loss of her privacy. In my book, the only thing that would permit me to surrender my privacy would be love. I hope she feels the same way.
__________________
  #915  
Old 02-13-2008, 04:37 AM
Katie's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in NRW, Germany
Posts: 67
1. "Die Aktuelle" is one of the worst German mags. I sometimes read it when I visit my aunt, I would never buy it, and then I find mistakes in almost every royality-related story. They are not well researched and fantasy always plays a big role when creating a story.
2. I am just thinking: A not so very successful swimmer meets a prince and dates him. That is the situation. I am sure Charlene could not afford buying all the clothes she needy to accompany him to these official events. Plus, she surely can also not afford the costs for the travels they make. So it would be more than okay for the very rich prince to pay for his not rich girlfriend, wouldn't it? I am sure Haakon paid for M-M, too, when they dated. BUT: I really doubt that "Die Aktuelle" of all the mags knows how much Albert pays for Charlene!
__________________
  #916  
Old 02-13-2008, 11:54 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 2,782
You are right Katie
__________________
  #917  
Old 02-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Now wait just a momentito ladies & gents, doesn't anyone think this is a chivalrous act on Albert's part. He is not so much paying her to escort him, as he is taking care of her. Do you not think she would be with him without any financial assistance from him? I think she and many woman would. When it comes to love, or even adoration, money has no role. Such means are of little significance to him. So, if he can take a financial burden off someone he cares for, to make her life a bit easier, why not?

If it became evident that she was with him simply for the money, that would be disgraceful. But something leads me to think that no amount of money could compensate for the loss of her privacy. In my book, the only thing that would permit me to surrender my privacy would be love. I hope she feels the same way.
i agree with you with some things you said, i think charlene doesnot mind surrendering her privacy because she has fame that will help her in the long run, if she does not want her privacy put out to the people she will not pose for every magazine and mode cars and follow albert in every offical event and smile to the press and talk to them, she should have stay hideing and leave the people guessing . by the way she seems to enjoy every minutes of her fames got me thinking is she in it for love or for fame? will she be there if albert lost it all or will she run if all that happen?
__________________
  #918  
Old 02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
i agree with you with some things you said, i think charlene doesnot mind surrendering her privacy because she has fame that will help her in the long run, if she does not want her privacy put out to the people she will not pose for every magazine and mode cars and follow albert in every offical event and smile to the press and talk to them, she should have stay hideing and leave the people guessing . by the way she seems to enjoy every minutes of her fames got me thinking is she in it for love or for fame? will she be there if albert lost it all or will she run if all that happen?
She was after fame when she became a swimmer. To use her body and push it to the limit for people to watch her. She's had one job as a bagger in a grocery store and she modeled bathing suits again to be looked at. She talked to the press after the first date with Albert and hasn't stopped that's someone who wanted her name connected to his from the get go and not love, but someone seeking fame on his coattail and wallet since she needed a new sponsor to support her. All his other gf's have had jobs. If he lost everything I see her as looking for her next mark. If Albert loves her I feel sorry for him.
__________________
  #919  
Old 02-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
If it became evident that she was with him simply for the money, that would be disgraceful. But something leads me to think that no amount of money could compensate for the loss of her privacy. In my book, the only thing that would permit me to surrender my privacy would be love. I hope she feels the same way.
So far she hasn't lost her privacy one single bit. Apart from a few staged (IMO!) "paparazzi" shots, not much has been seen of her. In fact, it almost seems (to me) that she is locked up and is only trotted out if it suits Albert? And apart from the shots in Italy, I still haven't seen one single real paparazzi shot of her. What does she do all day? I've seen countless photos of the Casiraghi trio going about their business over the past years, but not a single one of Charlene? Please don't make her into a victim!

JMO
__________________
Free Albert !
  #920  
Old 02-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 212
As it is ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
So far she hasn't lost her privacy one single bit. Apart from a few staged (IMO!) "paparazzi" shots, not much has been seen of her. In fact, it almost seems (to me) that she is locked up and is only trotted out if it suits Albert? And apart from the shots in Italy, I still haven't seen one single real paparazzi shot of her. What does she do all day? I've seen countless photos of the Casiraghi trio going about their business over the past years, but not a single one of Charlene? Please don't make her into a victim!

JMO
I agree ...

Suspiciously, the ONLY time one really sees photographs seems to be when the Prince invites them in to do so. He HAS TO be building up the view that she is his partner. They are really only photographed TOGETHER and fairly intimate or profiled events.

P. Grace's mother smattered her to the press before her marriage to P. Rainer just to raise some money for a charity, back in an era when such "dalliances" with other men before marriage could have actually cost Grace her marriage to P. Rainier.

Now, I feel, if in 1956, such gossip from her own mother did not deter her future husband, I doubt a few chats about CW are going to deter PA from marrying her if he wants to.

She is young and agile and pretty and will probably have tall, blonde children with him. If he is looking for a mother for his children who keeps him happy and in good company, and someone with few previous socieyt ties, then he has possibly found a great wife for himself. They are probably just dating to see if they truly get along, hoping his sisters might like her more, and to get her used to living in the fishbowl. As it seems, he seems to control the press around her quite well. She might not be as "attacked" as other royalty.

R.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 23 : July 2007 - Sept.2007 Zonk Current Events Archive 192 09-16-2007 10:28 PM
What do you think of Charlene? Zonk Prince Albert and Princess Charlene 415 07-15-2007 12:57 PM
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 946 01-29-2007 09:55 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 01-11-2007 07:35 PM
A Wife for Albert part III Lyonnaise Prince Albert and Princess Charlene 272 06-25-2006 07:38 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]