Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ghislaine...I am with you on that...he didn't have her there at the National day celebrations and there were questions raised about it...now when, apparently Charlene is going to be there, if I got the Point de Vue article correctly, there is immidiate speculation about a wedding...I believe that is the reason Albert told her to stay away from the National day...I have no idea why she is invited now...but Albert is known for sending mixed signals. We have to wait and see, I guess.:flowers::rolleyes:
But even if she doesn't show up, it's still all about Charlene. Why she wasn't there, what she was doing, stories about pending wedding and her being away because of the aforementioned wedding. No matter what, it's all about her. :angry: The reports from the German trip were little else but laments that Albert hadn't brought the charming/beautiful/classy/lovely/... (take your pick) Charlene along. (And he had brought the charming Ms. Stahl along, so why they were complaining?) And so even when Charlene is not present, she dominates all. And it annoys me no end.
angelhalo.gif

i just read daily mail, hola magazine,royalist, etc they are said that some source already confirm it is there truth to all of these?

i just read daily mail, hola magazine,royalist, etc they are said that some source already confirm it is there truth to all of these?
As far as I know there isn't, but the tabloids are the ones who know all the blabbing palace insiders and I don't. But we'll know one way or another by this time on Friday, I suppose...

Thank you, I would like to read that statement.....is this the interview on german TV that you are referring to?
Yes I am.

If PA does bring Charlene - the press will put their attention on her.

If PA doesn't bring Charlene - the press will put their attention on why she isn't there

You can't win for losing!
Exactly what I've said its all about her even when it shouldn't be and the focus should be on the event they are there for. Perhaps why Caroline remarked 'this isn't about Charlene' at one.

Magazine Hola from Spain says that Charlene and albert will marry in the next september.

Now I know why Albert has been getting angry lately for being asked the same questions where's Charlene and is he going to marry her. :bang: It's the same articles being posted and the information came from the latest Pointe de Vue issue. :glare: It's still speculation.

There's no press release when there is its official.
Official Web Site-Prince's Palace-Monaco-Site Officiel-Palais Princier

Last edited:
Yes, none of the more impressive Monegasque papers are running anything speculative about it. They will save the reality of PA's impending marriage to anyone for its real time.

R.

He has been direct and I'm trying to get the transcript from the Interview on February 11, 2008.

Your last I think its why Caroline made the comment 'this isn't about Charlene' at an event they were at.
where, when Caroline said that, thanks if you found the article or interview of this sentence.

It seems Albert is fed up with the rumours as well, it seems there has been and official denial today.:wub: Go Albert! Nachrichten aus Köln und der Welt (koeln.de)
Anyone knows any more?

I wonder if this news will travel as fast as the wedding rumours or if it will be ignored by those who doesn't suit this (aka the tabloids)?

Last edited:
It seems Albert is fed up with the rumours as well, it seems there has been and official denial today.:wub: Go Albert! Nachrichten aus Köln und der Welt (koeln.de)
Anyone knows any more?

I wonder if this news will travel as fast as the wedding rumours or if it will be ignored by those who doesn't suit this (aka the tabloids)?
People were quoteing the Tabloids as fact that it was going to happen. This happened with Alicia and after the denial was made she was gone.

Here's the translation for those who can't read German like myself.

Monaco (AFP) - Albert II of Monaco has for the coming months no marriage plans. Kurz vor seinem 50. Birthday of Lord denied on Wednesday media information he wanted in September with the South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock occur before the altar.

Everyone needs to calm down and wait for the official press release from the Palace especially since he's been saying he had no long term plans with her, has no plans to marry etc. I did say he was going to have to respond to this. There was no way for him to not get it put out there in the press since no one was paying attention to him from his interviews. When he's in love and ready you will know it without a doubt.

Last edited:
Thank you Ghislaine. Can anyone give us a possible interpretation or highlights? Thanks

It is truly sad:sad: that the information has been just another portion of rumours. However, it is up to Prince Albert to decide without any external pressure.

Hi! Ok, so what this link says is wrong??? He's not engaged???? And here I was all happy for him!
Playboy Prince Albert of Monaco to settle down and marry at 50 | the Daily Mail
Not according to the article. I don't see any need now for me to get at transcript of the interview from February 11, 2008, I think it was where he said the same thing that he had no long term plans with Charlene. That interview was ignored as the others when he was in Germany with him saying no stop etc. The no factor doesn't sell like the fairy tale engagement wedding rumors.

Take and good look at how everyone was acting when they thought it was true. Excited it was happening and confirmed when nothing was. I try to be the voice of reason, realistic and keep your feet on the ground. I'm sorry no one wanted to listen and those who didn't and were excited are now disappointed. Wait until the Palace makes an announcement. Listen to what Albert says and is quoted as saying you'll hear the truth not what you want to hear that's one of the biggest faults woman have in relationships. Not hearing what the man is saying or isn't. You can bet Albert once he decides that's it this is the one with no doubts at all there won't be anything to hold him back.

Prince Albert II of Monaco denies information on the upcoming wedding.

Celebrite.aol.fr

AFP

Originally Posted by Ghislaine
Anyone knows any more?

Looking at the amount of news sites that are now carrying it I have to say they aren't ignoring it since its been reported on one of the sites it came from the Palace. I knew he couldn't ignore it. I can't wait to see what the next Pointe de Vue prints for a retraction. I wonder how many will be asking those questions when they see him of where's Charlene? When are you getting married. They would be stupid to put anything else in the press about it without an official announcement at this point.

Last edited:
I remember that it was also said back then, that he would be announcing his engagement with Alicia Warlick on his birthday. We'll know when it'll happen by a Palace statement.

I remember that it was also said back then, that he would be announcing his engagement with Alicia Warlick on his birthday. We'll know when it'll happen by a Palace statement.
I remember seeing it on the front page of a Tabloid because Alicia was American. The ones in South Africa must have it all over them. I can imagine the amount of press that was ready to print a story and had to change everything due to the denial. That will cost money plus might have a few heads on the block for not checking their sources. OUCH You gotten love :flowers: Albert :wub: poor guy keeps getting into these fixes.

Last edited:
I am very disappointed in him. What can he possibly be waiting for? Could it be that Charlene is not interested in marrying him? If I were her, I would want to know where is the relationship leading to. Prince Albert must know that his principality is anxiously awaiting for him to settle down and having Charlene as a girlfriend for 2 years now is enough time to know whether he is in love with the woman or not. It has become tacky now. All the other princes in Europe have been respectful and have married the women they have courted in a serious relationship. Is this not a serious relationship? I would be insulted if I were Charlene when he says he doesn't have any plans of marriage with her. Then what? All fun and games? He is turning 50 for crying out loud. Unless he has a plan no one knows off, he is making a fool of himself and Charlene. It's time to settle down.

So, celebration of prince Albert and Charlene engagement in tabloids did not last too long.:lol:
I wonder what they make up now, especially Point de Vue?:whistling:

Still, when I googled Albert and Monaco, there were no new about the palace dementi.

Anyone knows any more?

I don't really know what to think about Albert here. Albert himself is responsible for the rumors by making Charlene so public to start with? He obviously enjoyed the attention and speculation of the press or he would have stopped it a long ago and he wouldn't have had her by his side at every event like she was already family, and not just a woman that he was presently dating. She was being treated by Albert like she was the mock princess and it looked like the sister's were forced to play along, (I'm surprised they even bothered showing up for anything after a while --Really, what else would Albert expect from the press?

If Charlene was feeding the press herself, Albert never stopped her and Charlene remained in the picture, so we can assume it wasn't a problem for him. This has been going on for more than two years, long past the time of being fed up one would think? And as Rosalee said he let or had Charlene overshadow anything that happened in Monaco also for more than two years (his first years in office). Albert created all this -- Perhaps he's finally bored with his own game with his personal life and the press being the highlight of who he is as a man and a monarch?

Personaly, I think he is making another mistake to have Charlene at the birthday, if it is true, that is the plan? He will be making her forever part of Monaco's history by having her there and in all the pictures to capture the event? But he seems to want to keep all the women in his life forever, so it makes sense on that level for him? I guess, I have given up on expecting something else?

By the way whoever mentioned it, I hope he doesn't have kids, just to have kids, for someone else to raise? That is cold and selfish, I can't imagine Albert is that shallow. No need to have children, if it is only to serve the same purpose that Caroline's kids can already serve, and at least they are loved and perhaps they would prove to be better monarchs for that reason alone!

We've been talking about the same thing for more than two years, it's amazing so many of us have stayed interested this long? I think most of my interest in Monaco and Albert has been used up by now. I don't see anything else happening that isn't going to be any different than the same dog and pony show?:whistling: I really do not understand Albert at all or what he is looking for? I hope at the time of his 50th birthday he is able to figure out a better vision of what he wants for himself and Monaco, and everyone will be very happy in the end.:flowers:

Last edited:
I am very disappointed in him. What can he possibly be waiting for? Could it be that Charlene is not interested in marrying him? If I were her, I would want to know where is the relationship leading to. Prince Albert must know that his principality is anxiously awaiting for him to settle down and having Charlene as a girlfriend for 2 years now is enough time to know whether he is in love with the woman or not. It has become tacky now. All the other princes in Europe have been respectful and have married the women they have courted in a serious relationship. Is this not a serious relationship? I would be insulted if I were Charlene when he says he doesn't have any plans of marriage with her. Then what? All fun and games? He is turning 50 for crying out loud. Unless he has a plan no one knows off, he is making a fool of himself and Charlene. It's time to settle down.

Perhaps he is waiting to fall in love with someone? Both were fine with the relationship as it was or the unhappy party would have left or ended the relationship by now? If either of them were really in love with each other, I'm sure things would have been much different earlier on? Charlene is a big girl and is responsible for herself! OK, let me rephrase that, she should be responsible for herself. If she was thinking Albert would cave from the pressure of the press, she obviously doesn't respect or care much for Albert either, if that is how she wanted to receive a wedding proposal? Charlene is responsible for her own self respect and the respect she earns from others? If she wasn't satisfied with the situation, she could have changed it, she didn't, so I imagine she is happy enough with how things are or she will move on like any other man or woman would.

I understand there would be rules of protocol in any countrys' upper layers, but I don't think I like the way he treats her. Public some of the time, invisible the rest? I hope they have agreed on this manner of conduct. Anyone know why she gets invited to some things and not to others?

Will that would seem obvious as you mentioned above? Why wouldn't he bring her to some things and not others? Again as you suggest and answered, it is obvious to most;)? Protocol! Although, it seems he's pushed the boundaries there by most people's standards. Again that is why it is so easy for the press to speculate about it looking like a wedding? I suppose that as been his point all along, or it would have ceased to exist. Whatever the private arrangement is (and I'm guessing there is one?) Albert has wanted to show a different face to the relationship for whatever reason? I just think the public at large is very well versed by now and aware of what is genuine or not? I just don't understand the justification for such a charade? (IMO) Why all the publicity for one's private life? That is never attractive, only juvenile. (IMO) What is the payoff for such a high price? Lets see what happens at Albert's big bash and what story they intend to paint for the public again for another one of Monaco's big events.:flowers:

Well, IMO it´s no matter of win or not win. I don´t really care if he ever marries. But my opinion is that males who aren´t married at the age of 50 are either gay or never marry at all.
I think the discussion about Albert is useless. If he really wants his nephew Andrea to become the reigning Prince one day then let him. Caroline will laugh up her sleeve......;)
To me Albert always comes over kind of strange with his strange smiling face all the time and he IMO seems to hate public duties.

Until the royal palace comes out with an announcement, we really must take everything that we hear with a grain/ truckload of salt.

I have said it before and I'll say it again Albert does not want to get married and he has no need to . Andrea is next in line so he does not need heirs. He also does not need a wife he has a palace full of staff to take care of him. Why should he tie himself down in marriage he already has two children that he sees and returns to their mother less work for him basically he has it easy.
What I don't understand is why people keep trying to marry him off he has already stated he has no plans to get married.

I also think that his father knew he wouldn't marry and that is why Caroline's children are now heirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom