Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lillia said:
You know? She becomes PA 'companion' and starts going around with him, she meets different IOC members, she swims a few times in some basic non-competitive events, qualifies by the skin of her teeth and then goes to Beijing representing MC as an 'athelete'. Then she and her press agents try to fall back on the story of how her injuries plagued her the whole time...

yeah right. we will have to see the new line unfold...

JMO

First, I don't think she'll ever represent Monaco at any international event. The nepotism scandal would hurt the entire team and everything Albert wanted to achieve.

I also believe that her competitive swimming days are behind her if she is choosing Master's competitions rather than those that will actually gauge her eligibility for Olympic level competition. But if this is the case, why wait until 2008 (another whole year) to retire, get engaged, and get married? Perhaps You is just expanding the timeline a bit so they aren't going that far out on a a limb????? This gives them some time to see if this is an ongoing relationship or to see if Charlene just disappears.

RE: Mme Gallico's tutelage and Stephanie's fears of being "replaced" by Charlene. If the magazine used former, and she is still in service to Caroline, there is a red flag right there. Someone is making this up as they go along; there may be a stylist advising Charlene, but it's certainly not someone of Mme Gallico's high position. Perhaps one of her assistants???? Also, if Charlene is being schooled in royal protocol re: how to dress for events, she managed to slip out the back door to go to the fashion show before Mme Gallico made her change. While the other outfits we have seen recently aren't exactly my taste, she didn't look bad but Charlene has a long way to go before entering the same league as Mary or Letizia.

If anyone should be worried about being "replaced," I would think that it would be Caroline. Should Charlene become the Princess of Monaco, many of Caroline's charitable roles would become Charlene's by default: The Rose Ball, AMADE, Pss Grace Foundation, Red Cross. Caroline would probably serve in some capacity but Charlene would be at the top. Even if Charlene chose to focus on the sports related charities and let Caroline be, what a power struggle and PR nightmare that would be. It would be as if there were two First Ladies...and that would put Albert in an awkward situation and I think confuse and polarize the Monegasques. JMO.

pinklady1991 said:
First, I don't think she'll ever represent Monaco at any international event. The nepotism scandal would hurt the entire team and everything Albert wanted to achieve.

I also believe that her competitive swimming days are behind her if she is choosing Master's competitions rather than those that will actually gauge her eligibility for Olympic level competition. But if this is the case, why wait until 2008 (another whole year) to retire, get engaged, and get married? Perhaps You is just expanding the timeline a bit so they aren't going that far out on a a limb????? This gives them some time to see if this is an ongoing relationship or to see if Charlene just disappears.

thank you pinklady. That makes better sense to me. I guess I should not speculate such after reading stupid articles that have not a lot of basis in reality. :flowers:

It just confuses (and disappoints) me how the magazine could say that CW is in such rigorous training when there are so many others who are really working very very hard to qualify - I mean really working hard. I can imagine for CW or any former olympic athlete it would be quite difficult to let go of one's dream to go again and to compete at that level again. For those who are truly working for it, I think it is not fair for CW or her press agent to keep claiming that she is training so hard to go to Beijing when she does not even seem to be doing so at all. Just because she puts on a swimsuit does not mean that she is training hard. She is not on SA swim team, she is not on MC swim team. So what could she possibly be training so hard for? I don't get that?!!

I do not think CW is bad or anything, she is probably quite nice with a lovely personality and she has a pretty face for some.

But imo she is a former olympic athelete from 7 years ago and she is not going to compete in China no matter the talk.

JMO

Last edited:
pinklady1991 said:

RE: Mme Gallico's tutelage and Stephanie's fears of being "replaced" by Charlene. If the magazine used former, and she is still in service to Caroline, there is a red flag right there. Someone is making this up as they go along; there may be a stylist advising Charlene, but it's certainly not someone of Mme Gallico's high position. Perhaps one of her assistants???? Also, if Charlene is being schooled in royal protocol re: how to dress for events, she managed to slip out the back door to go to the fashion show before Mme Gallico made her change. While the other outfits we have seen recently aren't exactly my taste, she didn't look bad but Charlene has a long way to go before entering the same league as Mary or Letizia.

If anyone should be worried about being "replaced," I would think that it would be Caroline. Should Charlene become the Princess of Monaco, many of Caroline's charitable roles would become Charlene's by default: The Rose Ball, AMADE, Pss Grace Foundation, Red Cross. Caroline would probably serve in some capacity but Charlene would be at the top. Even if Charlene chose to focus on the sports related charities and let Caroline be, what a power struggle and PR nightmare that would be. It would be as if there were two First Ladies...and that would put Albert in an awkward situation and I think confuse and polarize the Monegasques. JMO.

I agree with most of what you said but I don't think Charlene could replace Caroline at all these foundations as they are so closely related to Grace and Caroline for all these years. Only some of them could be "transferred" over to Charlene and even if the new princess is not Charlene Caroline will have to be willing to put on a unified front, and from what I saw at the Grand Prix there was no unified front like last year's pics. I also think that there are certain functions that should stay with Caroline as respect for all her hard work. The new Princess will have to cut her own path in the woods, and I honestly don't think Charlene is up to the task. There are far too many cultural activities that Charlene simply has no background to handle, and we've seen her get bored at the orchestra already.

I don't think Caroline would mind handing the reins over to her brother's wife but only if the wife can handle it. I think we already have the picture from the Grand Prix of what life will be like for Charlene. The sisters are absent when she is present. Two royal courts are a possibility for Charlene but not necessarily for someone else. As for her swimming they had to come up with a competition for her with all the hype about her training and with all this partying she's certainly not training for the qualifiers. So the masters has been substituted in. My question is do the winners of these masters events receive cash prizes and or endorsements? Where would that leave her in terms of her "team" status? Perhaps this is her exit strategy from swimming, followed by yet another "injury" which will put her on the permanent retirement list. JMO

hibou said:
I agree with most of what you said but I don't think Charlene could replace Caroline at all these foundations as they are so closely related to Grace and Caroline for all these years. Only some of them could be "transferred" over to Charlene and even if the new princess is not Charlene Caroline will have to be willing to put on a unified front, and from what I saw at the Grand Prix there was no unified front like last year's pics. I also think that there are certain functions that should stay with Caroline as respect for all her hard work. The new Princess will have to cut her own path in the woods, and I honestly don't think Charlene is up to the task. There are far too many cultural activities that Charlene simply has no background to handle, and we've seen her get bored at the orchestra already.

I don't think Caroline would mind handing the reins over to her brother's wife but only if the wife can handle it. I think we already have the picture from the Grand Prix of what life will be like for Charlene. The sisters are absent when she is present. Two royal courts are a possibility for Charlene but not necessarily for someone else. As for her swimming they had to come up with a competition for her with all the hype about her training and with all this partying she's certainly not training for the qualifiers. So the masters has been substituted in. My question is do the winners of these masters events receive cash prizes and or endorsements? Where would that leave her in terms of her "team" status? Perhaps this is her exit strategy from swimming, followed by yet another "injury" which will put her on the permanent retirement list. JMO

Protocol would require that Caroline hand over the leadership positions to the wife of the sovereign. It would then be up to Charlene's largesse to "accept" her resignation or insist that she continue on in her current capacity. I'm quite sure that each of these organizations have a paid, professional staff to make the day to day decisions. Charlene would probably be more of a figurehead than Caroline is; in fact it was Grace who got involved on an intimate basis with these charities. I think Randy Taborelli referred to it as "Jr. League comes to Monaco" or something like that.

While I'm beginning to get the feeling that Charlene is "the one" and it's probably more of a "let's get on with it" attitude that anythinge else, I don't see two courts as a possibility. It would cause far too much friction. Unless and until Charlene is up to the task (and from the way she is dressing lately someone is finally taking an interest), someone else will be doing the heavy lifting. Should she marry Albert, the first few years she may be "busy with the children" -- but since Grace didn't have that excuse, no matter what she does, Charlene will court criticism. It's a no win situation and I hope that she truly loves Albert in order to withstand all that she is potentially going to face.

pinklady1991 said:
Protocol would require that Caroline hand over the leadership positions to the wife of the sovereign. It would then be up to Charlene's largesse to "accept" her resignation or insist that she continue on in her current capacity. I'm quite sure that each of these organizations have a paid, professional staff to make the day to day decisions. Charlene would probably be more of a figurehead than Caroline is; in fact it was Grace who got involved on an intimate basis with these charities. I think Randy Taborelli referred to it as "Jr. League comes to Monaco" or something like that.

While I'm beginning to get the feeling that Charlene is "the one" and it's probably more of a "let's get on with it" attitude that anythinge else, I don't see two courts as a possibility. It would cause far too much friction. Unless and until Charlene is up to the task (and from the way she is dressing lately someone is finally taking an interest), someone else will be doing the heavy lifting. Should she marry Albert, the first few years she may be "busy with the children" -- but since Grace didn't have that excuse, no matter what she does, Charlene will court criticism. It's a no win situation and I hope that she truly loves Albert in order to withstand all that she is potentially going to face.

I have to disagree with you on the protocol because Princess Grace started most of these organizations, there is no precident for an automatic hand over with the exception of the Red Cross Ball which is why Charlene attended the August ball last year. Caroline serves at the request of the sovereign, so Albert is the one who would determine who will or won't become the head of that charity.

I doubt that he will ask Caroline to step aside completely and I'm sure they have already carved up what will or won't stay with Caroline and then when the time comes, Charlotte. Also if Charlene is "the one" she has other interests which are definiately not the arts (Caroline's strong suit), so it may just work out that Caroline retains control over most of these organizations and Charlene would then be free to form her own. As for two courts, there is Monaco and then there is Paris, so Caroline already has her international friends whom she will invite to the charities she retains and then there would be Charlene who will be left to find her own friends and of course Albert's to help the charities she then heads. Caroline is a pinnacle figure here just as the Queen Mum was. Should she decide to be absent from the events Charlene heads so will her friends thus giving the appearence of two courts. JMO

I think you are right about Caro making herself scarce in Monaco if Charlene should stay. She has her interests, her circle of friends, her children, her life. I don't see how Charlene would be able to determine which French author should be awarded the Prince Pierre award or which artist is supposed to receive it. While caro is a knowledgable member of the jury, Charlene would probably congratulate the wrong person at the photo op. I am not even sure that she would show for the different balls if Charlene is present. And with Caro shifting to Paris and other parts of the world she will take the spotlight and her friends with her. With Stephs children growing up and leaving house, I am not so sure that she will be staying either. She has many friends in Paris and she could do her Aids campaigning there just as well. I don't think that this rather bland couple will be able to attract A class celebrities which Monaco needs to keep the tourist industry booming. It is already difficult enough for Monaco to attract people with style. If you look at those other pics from the festival you would have thought that the women had pyjama party marked on their invites. And a lot of has beens like Sidney Rome and Victor Lazlo. A couple of years back they had Tom Selleck. Stuck in the 80s? And with the stars from yesterday you won't be making the money of today. Without the stars, Monaco is like every other place and the tourists would be less willing to come and spend a fortune to rub shoulders with people who were stars while they were wetting their nappies. I just don't see those two pulling it off if Steph and Caro keep out of they way.

paca said:
I think you are right about Caro making herself scarce in Monaco if Charlene should stay. She has her interests, her circle of friends, her children, her life. I don't see how Charlene would be able to determine which French author should be awarded the Prince Pierre award or which artist is supposed to receive it. While caro is a knowledgable member of the jury, Charlene would probably congratulate the wrong person at the photo op. I am not even sure that she would show for the different balls if Charlene is present. And with Caro shifting to Paris and other parts of the world she will take the spotlight and her friends with her. With Stephs children growing up and leaving house, I am not so sure that she will be staying either. She has many friends in Paris and she could do her Aids campaigning there just as well. I don't think that this rather bland couple will be able to attract A class celebrities which Monaco needs to keep the tourist industry booming. It is already difficult enough for Monaco to attract people with style. If you look at those other pics from the festival you would have thought that the women had pyjama party marked on their invites. And a lot of has beens like Sidney Rome and Victor Lazlo. A couple of years back they had Tom Selleck. Stuck in the 80s? And with the stars from yesterday you won't be making the money of today. Without the stars, Monaco is like every other place and the tourists would be less willing to come and spend a fortune to rub shoulders with people who were stars while they were wetting their nappies. I just don't see those two pulling it off if Steph and Caro keep out of they way.

knowing that she does not have to open a book of more than 4 pages (finally it is true Albert opened a magazine to her and she could see the photos) she which preaches that the instruction is not necessary to succeed
lckc571

paca said:

You know, i cannot help to think that ultimately all the talk about CW and her abilities in relation to MC is actually a commentary about Albert and what people think about his choices.

Who's running Monaco, if CW is allowed to be the center of attention? this reflects Albert's choices, imo.

CW is not royalty, she is not married to PA (only sleeping with him), she does not represent anyone or anything but herself.

Albert is the one who allows this to develop and to continue - where does he fit in this thing?

CW would not be in the pictures ro anywhere else in MC if not Albert inviting her there. This is his judgement.

Last edited:
This entire situation greatly upsets me. She just isn't "right" ... it's not that she's not Princess Grace, it's not that there isn't enough room in Monaco for both Caroline and CW ... it's something else -- intangible that I don't think any of us can articulate. She just is not "right."

I think the right woman is out there for PA ... if only he'd stop fooling around with girls and look for the right woman. Perhaps he's threatened by strong woman since his mother and both his sisters certainly fit that description.:ermm:

Yes Lillia that is correct and that is exactly what people are holding against him. They love Albert, but they don't understand his choices. They were ready to accept his offspring and praised him for acknowledging them ( him not the mothers), but with this last coup they are really doubting his judgement and not only with regards to women. They had ample time and opportunity to observe her. And they have noticed that in a lot of ways they would not tolerate their own children to behave that way ( I was talking mainly to people my own age and up so that explains the point of view) and they see that ther own manners and behaviour are superior to those of whom they fear will be their next princess, a woman they are supposed to look up to and respect when they have nothing but contempt for her. There is nothing about her that they find endearing or charming. They want him to get married, they fear that it is going to be Charlene and they are seriously questioning his leadership de to his personal choices. Interesting though is that the criticism is unlike before rather outspoken. If Charlene would be a reason for Steph and Caro to be less present in MC, I don't think that they would forgive her that easily. Not after what they have seen of her so far. And obviously Alberts position will be extremely weakened ( he already is not a strong prince) as he will be held responsible for letting it happen. I think at present with regards to his private life Albert is in the same position as Rainier was with Giselle. Only that Rainier was half his age and people were willing to make allowances for that. They are less inclined to do so with a 50 year old man.

paca said:
Yes Lillia that is correct and that is exactly what people are holding against him. They love Albert, but they don't understand his choices. They were ready to accept his offspring and praised him for acknowledging them ( him not the mothers), but with this last coup they are really doubting his judgement and not only with regards to women. They had ample time and opportunity to observe her. And they have noticed that in a lot of ways they would not tolerate their own children to behave that way ( I was talking mainly to people my own age and up so that explains the point of view) and they see that ther own manners and behaviour are superior to those of whom they fear will be their next princess, a woman they are supposed to look up to and respect when they have nothing but contempt for her. There is nothing about her that they find endearing or charming. They want him to get married, they fear that it is going to be Charlene and they are seriously questioning his leadership de to his personal choices. Interesting though is that the criticism is unlike before rather outspoken. If Charlene would be a reason for Steph and Caro to be less present in MC, I don't think that they would forgive her that easily. Not after what they have seen of her so far. And obviously Alberts position will be extremely weakened ( he already is not a strong prince) as he will be held responsible for letting it happen. I think at present with regards to his private life Albert is in the same position as Rainier was with Giselle. Only that Rainier was half his age and people were willing to make allowances for that. They are less inclined to do so with a 50 year old man.

And then there are the billioniare investors. What must they think? They surely have the most to loose should Monaco's image start to fall. Then what!

I second that...Albert is not a strong prince... Charlene is.... charlene and a lot of people in Monaco have no respect for her.....Yes criticism is rather outspoken...but struggle is behind and he's still parading with her.

paca said:

So it's not CW, it's actually Albert? Who's keeping the store then?

lilae said:
She's still around (not only sports events...) so he's perhaps trying to impose her...Do you remember Paca posts about Charlene 's return soon in SA...because monegasque are displeased... I think that several clans are around Albert and his ???? wait and see...
Rainier tried to impose Ghislaine/Gisele ( don't remember the correct name of the French actress) and did not succeed. His private life was matter of conversation on the roads of Monaco and due to this people did not think him capable to govern Monaco. He did not manage to silence the crowd and in those days the media was not as omnipresent as it is now. Rainier was also cut from different wood then Albert. Also there was no one else who would have the same status as Caro and Steph have. But still he did not succeed. I think that his previous relation with a actress made things tough on Grace in the beginning too, as people were saying oh another actress and Rainier had not yet shown what he was able to do. So due to the little respect they had for Rainier at the time and the remembering of his previous relations, Grace had to suffer quite a bit the first few years of her marriage. Lucky for her that her French wasn't that good in the beginning so she probably didn't understand the nastiest comments that were being made.

That is why I am still hopeful that Charlene will be sailing home in the not so distant future. But at least there is one thing that Charlene would have achieved: if she was to leave, I think that people would be willing to accept almost any half decent woman. After this last chain of events he took her, people have had quite enough of her (and of him parading her around). They were happy to see him out ad about Monaco, but if that means that they would have to see her too, they'd much rather not see him that often. There is also questing of his green ambitions and plenty of other things. If Caro maintains her absence, he keeps Charlene and his pseudo green attitude without achieving anything significant for the good of the people of Monaco, they will be criticising him a lot louder then they already do. people have been willing to give him the respect that his father has earned for himself. In 2 years he has managed to lose most of it. What does it take to make him understand that respect needs to be earned everyday by actions? That it has a price even when you are a born prince? Didn't he learn from his mother that it was very hard work to achieve what his parents achieved? I find it rather surprising that in this year of the anniversary of her death he seems to be trampling on and throwing away both his parents achievements. it is ridiculous and rather sad at the same time.

i have a question if prince alberts marries charlene, would he be force to step down? could this be a repeat of history with prince (?) and mrs. simpson?

Charlene

Lillia said:
So it's not CW, it's actually Albert? Who's keeping the store then?

And how could it have ever been about CW? From Day 1-, Italy, the whole thing. He is still the reigning prince and has said so, I believe about people (heads) not liking what he does well-they could go.

protocol

pinklady1991 said:

Hi Pinklady,
Sorry to disagree but protocol would have required PA to have been married by now to the daughter of a judge or tycoon and have already set up his household.HRH Princess Caroline is by protocol the "matriarch" of the dynasty doing the "heavy lifting"as bbb so aptly put it since Grace was torn from us. Therefore there are extenuating circumstances when I am the " matriarch" my sister in law can basically go to hell and I do not have to hand anything over to her because she has no comprehension of the semantics of how this family is run. When I die she has not even been asked to be a pall bearer at my funeral although I am willing to be one at hers.If there was protocol that was adhered to strictly we would not have an "official companion" as it looks declasse on the Grimaldis.Even if you feel Charlene the one believe me if you dislike your sister in law you dislike your sister in law and there isn't anything in the world to remedy that one.This is a grave situation.
Princess Caroline like myself is a definitive first lady. Princess Caro I put up equally in the ranks of Brooke Astor my dear.And there is only way toequal or top Brooke & Caro[ to paraphrase Voltaire again] you have to die.

Last edited:
Charlene

semisquare said:
i have a question if prince alberts marries charlene, would he be force to step down? could this be a repeat of history with prince (?) and mrs. simpson?

I think with the English Prince Edward(?) that gave us his crown because he married Mrs. Simpson--that there were rules that he not marry a ?divorced person, I think.

With Prince Albert I doubt there are any such stipulations in the royal family( except the baby illegitimate) situation.

Why can't I wonder, the Prince do some consultation and find out exactly what is that people dislike, if he doesn't already know. Or is it he is being his own man (reigning prince) and is following his own whatever he feels?

Jaya said:
Hi Pinklady,
Sorry to disagree but protocol would have required PA to have been married by now to the daughter of a judge or tycoon and have already set up his household.HRH Princess Caroline is by protocol the "matriarch" of the dynasty doing the "heavy lifting"as bbb so aptly put it since Grace was torn from us. Therefore there are extenuating circumstances when I am the " matriarch" my sister in law can basically go to hell and I do not have to hand anything over to her because she has no comprehension of the semantics of how this family is run. When I die she has not even been asked to be a pall bearer at my funeral although I am willing to be one at hers.If there was protocol that was adhered to strictly we would not have an "official companion" as it looks declasse on the Grimaldis.Even if you feel Charlene the one believe me if you dislike your sister in law you dislike your sister in law and there isn't anything in the world to remedy that one.This is a grave situation.
Princess Caroline like myself is a definitive first lady. Princess Caro I put up equally in the ranks of Brooke Astor my dear.And there is only way toequal or top Brooke & Caro[ to paraphrase Voltaire again] you have to die.

ummm Jaya, dear - :unsure: - what are you talking about (i mean that nicely) :blink: ?

:flowers: imo, nothing here is that critical. :lol:

Last edited:
Lillia said:
ummm Jaya, dear - :unsure: - what are you talking about (i mean that nicely) :blink: ?

You must not have a sister in law? You either like them or you don't and Jaya is right about that one. In the absence of the Mother the oldest daughter whether royal or not assumes the role unless the sister in law was present while the mother was still alive. Now add on all the royal responsibilites to that and you have Caroline. Believe me if I were to walk into Albert's family I would want Caroline on my side -otherwise life would be -well shall we say a tad unpleasant.

a tad unpleasant, YA THANK lol :0
imo princess caroline is alot like the princess royal anne. they don't suffer fools gladly and are too busy to worry about "hurting feeling" i think if caroline could respect the woman albert chose, she'd give the woman a chance and help her IF she really loved albert. but i can't see her making an effort if it wasn't best for monaco. i can see two courts easily if he marries charlene. do you suppose he's so far removed from the "everyday people" he really doesn't know how they feel about her? or care? i can't see either sister holding back about their real feelings with so much to lose.

semisquare said:
I don't see any valid reason why. The crowncouncil would probably have to approve the marriage and it wouldn't be too wise to act against it, especially if his present heir is against it. They could declare him incapable of ruling, but of course there would be his party disputing such a verdict so that would be quite the scandal and do more harm then good so all parties will surely avoid that. They might force him to limit her influence though. Most of them are advanced in age, though he has changed some of the older members, so obviously more conservative. They might not approve her and put some limitations on her actions for Monaco. Maybe even thus far as reducing her to bearer of heirs with no public role. Though I find that unlikely. I think that Albert would realize that a public marriage that starts with a general opposition by his people and his officials is doomed from the beginning. I believe he would rather not marry then put his wife into that position. Louis II didn't marry until very late in life, so maybe he will follow his example, but personally I still believe that Charlene is not important enough to him. Otherwise he would have never put her into the position where she is publicly humiliated.

bbb said:
imo princess caroline is alot like the princess royal anne. they don't suffer fools gladly and are too busy to worry about "hurting feeling" i think if caroline could respect the woman albert chose, she'd give the woman a chance and help her IF she really loved albert. but i can't see her making an effort if it wasn't best for monaco. i can see two courts easily if he marries charlene. do you suppose he's so far removed from the "everyday people" he really doesn't know how they feel about her? or care? i can't see either sister holding back about their real feelings with so much to lose.

I don't see the sisters holding back at all either and I think the princess royal anne is a good comparision. Judging from the recent photos he looks like he's in his own little bubble completely oblivious to the rest of the world. I'm sure his friends thinks she's a barrel of fun. I can't imagine Caroline didn't give him the army wake up call. All I can think of at the moment is the scene from Moonstruck when Cher's character slaps the guy and tells him to snap out of it. I think paca has it right, he's determine to shove Charlene down everyone throats. Poor Monaco!

Lillia said:

Can you say that with an English accent?
It will sound like it is from Private Lives by Noel Coward and you are the protagonist.
imo JMO

Last edited:
bbb said:

I don't think Princess Caroline is like Princess Anne at all. Princess Caroline has made enough mistakes in her life to be a little more compassionate than Princess Anne.

I like both ladies but I don't see the similarities.

lilae said:
I second that...Albert is not a strong prince... Charlene is.... charlene and a lot of people in Monaco have no respect for her.....Yes criticism is rather outspoken...but struggle is behind and he's still parading with her.

Charlene is not a strong person too, I am sure that she is just a payable person trying to save herself under the "Excort Agreement" with her bad&good times.
It seems to me that only a STRONG and HARIZMATIC woman with even not too high profile could win this game with people of Monaco.

*quote from above article
*Despite their closeness it may be sometime before Albert's bachelor days are over, however, as Charlene is still competing in the pool at the highest level, with the apparent intention of taking part in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

looks like the palace pr is still spinning this outlandish tale!

"I don't think Princess Caroline is like Princess Anne at all. Princess Caroline has made enough mistakes in her life to be a little more compassionate than Princess Anne."
i was only comparing their attitudes of not suffering fools gladly. you're right ysbel in your comparison of the two. caroline is a more down to earth, live and let live person and is often seen having fun and "cutting loose". but i'll bet she can cut cold as glass when she feels like it and can make life very uncomfortable and unwelcoming to charlene if she decides to. she can be the best friend you ever had or the worst enemy you could ever want, she is such a strong personality and very intelligent i just can't see her standing by and saying nothing while albert tries to cram a woman down the throat of their country that doesn't seem inclined to accept.

hibou said:
You must not have a sister in law? You either like them or you don't and Jaya is right about that one. In the absence of the Mother the oldest daughter whether royal or not assumes the role unless the sister in law was present while the mother was still alive. Now add on all the royal responsibilites to that and you have Caroline. Believe me if I were to walk into Albert's family I would want Caroline on my side -otherwise life would be -well shall we say a tad unpleasant.

Same in my family... only Mom's alive but I'm the one the sisters-in-law had win over :D

I don't understand this idea that if anyone disapproves of Charlene and he marries her anyway, Albert has to abdicate. It's utter nonsense.

What makes you feel that...

:eek: :eek: :eek: ... people in Monaco would be hostile to Charlene ?
:eek: After all at 49 they must have dispaired to him to get a wife and children no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom