The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 07-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
Worse, than it!!!! The telegram wrote an article: " the prince takes regularly the powder of escampette because he misses farm on his rock. "And" Even princess Carooline worries about the kid brother who granted to go out, from time to time for the photographers, the beautiful South African Charlčne to the stature of Goldorak "
Le Télégramme - Commentaires - La Lettre de Roxane. A chacun ses « affaires »
lckc571
There is an English version on Timesonline.Co.UK but mostly it belongs in the current events thread she is only mentioned somewhat as one of the reasons
he's absent so much.
__________________

  #362  
Old 07-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gainesville, United States
Posts: 174
Quite frankly, I do not worry about the relationship of Prince Albert and Charlene. With his track record and his bad reputation as a womanizer, I worry more about Charlene. From everything I have seen lately, especially her presence at the Fight Aids Monaco Charity Gala, she looked beautiful, charming, sweet and poised. I do wonder about the 20 year age difference between them. What will happen with that? At this moment, Prince Albert and Charlene seem very happy to be together. They have been courting on and off for many years now and I think he has chosen her as his future wife. He is giving her time to adjust to his crazy life and being the focus of attention. She will become one of the most photographed women in the world. Charlene is young enough to give him an heir to the throne, big plus in this relationship. If he trains her well, she could end up being an asset to Monaco. It is up to him to show her devotion, dedication, love and respect for the world to do the same.
__________________

  #363  
Old 07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: around the corner, United States
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
Quite frankly, I do not worry about the relationship of Prince Albert and Charlene. With his track record and his bad reputation as a womanizer, I worry more about Charlene. From everything I have seen lately, especially her presence at the Fight Aids Monaco Charity Gala, she looked beautiful, charming, sweet and poised. I do wonder about the 20 year age difference between them. What will happen with that? At this moment, Prince Albert and Charlene seem very happy to be together. They have been courting on and off for many years now and I think he has chosen her as his future wife. He is giving her time to adjust to his crazy life and being the focus of attention. She will become one of the most photographed women in the world. Charlene is young enough to give him an heir to the throne, big plus in this relationship. If he trains her well, she could end up being an asset to Monaco. It is up to him to show her devotion, dedication, love and respect for the world to do the same.
Really?!!! By doing what? The real media isn't even interested in her now. You can read about Charlene and see her pictures in couple of same magazines. That is about all! They aren't interested in her per say, but to an idea of posible new princess. Charlene is no story!
  #364  
Old 07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: blabla, Cocos Islands
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal pauper View Post
Really?!!! By doing what? The real media isn't even interested in her now. You can read about Charlene and see her pictures in couple of same magazines. That is about all! They aren't interested in her per say, but to an idea of posible new princess. Charlene is no story!
you are exactly right. charlene, x, y, z, t they all would have gotten the same press.
  #365  
Old 07-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,394
Please remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion...you don't have to agree with it per se...just agree that they have a right to voice it.
  #366  
Old 07-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Please remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion...you don't have to agree with it per se...just agree that they have a right to voice it.
Voltiare: "I may disagree with everything you have to say but I will defend until your death your right to say it" It sounds better in French.
  #367  
Old 07-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
In my opinion you all taken this way to serious it not like if Albert marry Charlene that Monaco is DOOM.
  #368  
Old 07-23-2007, 11:35 PM
blondie28's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Springville, United States
Posts: 393
Albert needs to marry somebody not just for Monaco but also for himself so I think he should go for it!
  #369  
Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Personally, I don't know what to make of this relationship. But it seems to me, just when he starts getting some criticism on the political/home front, Albert tries to balance out with happy photos of Charlene and the rumours about a fairy-tale wedding and legitimate family and makes everyone feel warm and fuzzy again. Ergo, no one is paying attention to the mayhem in his political life. How long can he keep juggling like this without everything crashing down around him? And who will be the scape goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holley View Post
Albert needs to marry somebody not just for Monaco but also for himself so I think he should go for it!
You shouldn't marry just to get married regardless of your age. Marriage is tough enough with the right person and damned near impossible with the wrong one. Marrying Charlene "just to get on with it" would be wrong for so many reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Voltiare: "I may disagree with everything you have to say but I will defend until your death your right to say it" It sounds better in French.
Everything sounds better in French!!!
  #370  
Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
In my opinion you all taken this way to serious it not like if Albert marry Charlene that Monaco is DOOM.
Apologies but then you do not know how Monaco works. Hopefully Charlene can inspire the confidence of the investorsand you do not take that seriously. Monaco depends on the confidence of the investors.Charlene will be like the president's wife she must inspire confidence and that something above and beyond reproach for Monaco to continue to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holley View Post
Albert needs to marry somebody not just for Monaco but also for himself so I think he should go for it!
Needing to marry in haste necessitates repentance in leisure.!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #371  
Old 07-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,513
Vainglory versus pragmatism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
Quite frankly, I do not worry about the relationship of Prince Albert and Charlene. With his track record and his bad reputation as a womanizer, I worry more about Charlene. From everything I have seen lately, especially her presence at the Fight Aids Monaco Charity Gala, she looked beautiful, charming, sweet and poised. I do wonder about the 20 year age difference between them. What will happen with that? At this moment, Prince Albert and Charlene seem very happy to be together. They have been courting on and off for many years now and I think he has chosen her as his future wife. He is giving her time to adjust to his crazy life and being the focus of attention. She will become one of the most photographed women in the world. Charlene is young enough to give him an heir to the throne, big plus in this relationship. If he trains her well, she could end up being an asset to Monaco. It is up to him to show her devotion, dedication, love and respect for the world to do the same.
The age difference is warped... it is huge.From her presence at the Fight Aids I continued to see that she does not hold a high school diploma and I have to wonder how and what she might pass on from her cultured existence to their children. Sequins?Just because she might become one of the most photographed women in the world means nothing because I am interested as to what she might have to contribute from that lofty position which would weigh heavily on her strong shoulders to this coarse and needy world.I think we should separate vainglory which any woman would accrue from her marriage to Prince Albert and strive to ascertain pragamatically if Cw is indeed the definitive one to be called to the purple mantle.
  #372  
Old 07-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: around the corner, United States
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
The age difference is warped... it is huge.From her presence at the Fight Aids I continued to see that she does not hold a high school diploma and I have to wonder how and what she might pass on from her cultured existence to their children. Sequins?Just because she might become one of the most photographed women in the world means nothing because I am interested as to what she might have to contribute from that lofty position which would weigh heavily on her strong shoulders to this coarse and needy world.I think we should separate vainglory which any woman would accrue from her marriage to Prince Albert and strive to ascertain pragamatically if Cw is indeed the definitive one to be called to the purple mantle.
A very philosophically said, and above all right! Lets see if PA holds such a high standard for the purple mantle.
If his only standard is an ability to have an offspring, than in that case I think he should marry Charlene. She looks healthy and she is young enough to give him at least three. And to be honest she is better looking then him. I don't say that PA is an ugly man but he isn't George Clooney either. I would say that 20 years ago you could have said that PA was kind of hansome, but now.....Lets take in a consideration that from now on it will only be down hill for him. Charlene might be the one asking herself in about ten years "what a hell I got myself into?".

If I remember clearly PA had made self prophecy that he will marry by the time he is 50. I have no idea where that came from (I never knew that he had a psychic powers), but he is almost 50 and Charlene is the only woman around him (that we know). Any ways if he really gets married by the time he is 50 I would like him to give me a reading too.

As I was saying, if fulfilling a prophecy and/or marring someone just to produce a heir, Charlene is perfect for him.
  #373  
Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal pauper View Post
A very philosophically said, and above all right! Lets see if PA holds such a high standard for the purple mantle.
If his only standard is an ability to have an offspring, than in that case I think he should marry Charlene. She looks healthy and she is young enough to give him at least three. And to be honest she is better looking then him. I don't say that PA is an ugly man but he isn't George Clooney either. I would say that 20 years ago you could have said that PA was kind of hansome, but now.....Lets take in a consideration that from now on it will only be down hill for him. Charlene might be the one asking herself in about ten years "what a hell I got myself into?".

If I remember clearly PA had made self prophecy that he will marry by the time he is 50. I have no idea where that came from (I never knew that he had a psychic powers), but he is almost 50 and Charlene is the only woman around him (that we know). Any ways if he really gets married by the time he is 50 I would like him to give me a reading too.

As I was saying, if fulfilling a prophecy and/or marring someone just to produce a heir, Charlene is perfect for him.
He didn't say he would marry at 50 in the Larry King interview he said he had friends who married at 50 and were very happy. Albert and his slight of words. He also said at the time he was in no rush which he has pretty much maintained. I think Pink got it right when she said that the Charlene and Albert "happy photos" came out the same time as the newspaper critics basically took him apart. So I go with the distraction theory. Alas, it is wearing thin on all of us whether you like Charlene or not. I think we are all sick and tired of the games. He needs to grow up, get his job done first and worry about marriage later. I know of a lot of men who postponed marriage to get their careers in gear and on a certain level before they took on the challenge of wife and family and some did wait until their late 40's to do it. Albert so far has done seemingly nothing and allowed the press, indeed encouraged the press, to focus on his private life. He needs to ramp up his career PR not his photo op with Charlene. JMO
  #374  
Old 07-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Apologies but then you do not know how Monaco works. Hopefully Charlene can inspire the confidence of the investorsand you do not take that seriously. Monaco depends on the confidence of the investors.Charlene will be like the president's wife she must inspire confidence and that something above and beyond reproach for Monaco to continue to exist.


Needing to marry in haste necessitates repentance in leisure.!!!!!!!!!!!!
So glad you brought up how Charlene will be like a President's wife as I saw a program on Friday done from a historical perspective about how the wives of president's and candidates running for high office effected their husbands careers and how the public viewed them. If the wife was seen as purely a photo op the candidate was viewed as shallow and now bringing much to the table if she supported her husband's agenda which most of them were accomplished at the President faired much better which brings Grace and Rainier to mind. Grace was brilliant at pushing Rainier's agenda she was the velvet glove to his toughness. What would Charlene do for Albert as "first lady" of Monaco what has she shown us so far that would make us believe she will help him? Just a thought.
  #375  
Old 07-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal pauper View Post
If I remember clearly PA had made self prophecy that he will marry by the time he is 50. I have no idea where that came from (I never knew that he had a psychic powers), but he is almost 50 and Charlene is the only woman around him (that we know). Any ways if he really gets married by the time he is 50 I would like him to give me a reading too.

As I was saying, if fulfilling a prophecy and/or marring someone just to produce a heir, Charlene is perfect for him.
Albert had said in his 30's that he would marry when he was 40. Well that milestone came and went with a flurry of excitement (was he with Tasha or Clauida at that point?). Then he said he would marry when Rainier died...and out pops Charlene. Now it's by the time he's 50. Well, he's got about 8 months. He gets himself into so much trouble when he puts a time table on this...yet he says no plans to marry. Things that make you go hmmm....
  #376  
Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
if albert wanted to get married, he should have ten years ago, if he want to get marry to charlene so he could get a heir, then he is doing it for the wrong choice, and it will end in a messing divorce for everyone, to avoid all this mess including what the media will do to destroy his image, he should just pass the crown to his sister,caroline.
p.s will every one please stop compare charlene to grace, charlene will never be our grace no one else could.
  #377  
Old 07-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: blablabla, France
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Voltiare: "I may disagree with everything you have to say but I will defend until your death your right to say it" It sounds better in French.
Beaumarchais : sans le droit de blâmer il n'est point déloge flatteur
Voltaire and Beaumarchais wrote those sentences before 1789... they were speaking about... freedom.
  #378  
Old 07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
As I mentioned in my earlier post (and it's not a question of comparing Charlene to Grace) what have we seen so far of Charlene (and not just the event photos) that would give us the impression that she will help him with his agenda for Monaco now that he has had a jolt of reality as paca pointed out in her post. I'd love to hear opinions on this because while Grace was the velvet glove to Rainier's toughness. Other wives of leaders have helped or hindered their spouses in the forum of public opinion by either helping their agendas or not. So what have we seen about Charlene that would make us believe it is Albert and not the position (being in love with the idea of being a princess as opposed to the hard work it requires) that Charlene projects?

I should add that when he went to the North Pole with Annabelle Bond I thought wow she is a very intelligent, accomplished women who might be someone that would be a huge help to Albert in two areas business and ecology/global warming. She could have helped him with his agenda. The same idea with Alicia with her economics background. So what does Charlene have?
  #379  
Old 07-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: blabla, Cocos Islands
Posts: 125
the most recent shots from events are irrelevant, she has quite a bit of make up and the camera filters were on cause her very talked about wrinkles seem to have dissapeared miraculously. i am not even judging her looks anymore cause that can be easily fixed, and as we can see it has. In order to have kids she can get treatments, and if he marries her, money and good care won't be an issue. So I'm not worried.
  #380  
Old 07-24-2007, 12:40 PM
NotAPretender's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WPB FL/Muttontown NY, United States
Posts: 852
I hadn't really been aware of their relationship until I started reading this thread then spent a little time with my good friend Google.

I think that they are both getting exactly what they want out of this relationship. She gets the warming lights of the spotlight, trinkets, and extra cash via endorsements. He gets a playmate.

Whether either of them wants more is in question. Generally speaking, however, it is usually the female who wants to change a status quo from "girlfriend" into "fiance." (No offense to any of us females, that's just generally how it goes.)

At some point, it is likely that she will point to her left ring finger and say "Time for diamond, Sir." What his response is or will be, will tell the tale.

Hypothetically speaking and purely speculative - what if Charlene falls pregnant? Pregnancy seems to be an impetus for marriage in the Grimaldi women, but not with PA. Will this time be different, as this "baby momma" is his acknowledged girlfriend?
__________________

__________________
"Me, your Highness? On the whole, I wish I'd stayed in Tunbridge Wells"
Closed Thread

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 23 : July 2007 - Sept.2007 Zonk Current Events Archive 192 09-16-2007 11:28 PM
What do you think of Charlene? Zonk Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 415 07-15-2007 01:57 PM
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 946 01-29-2007 09:55 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 01-11-2007 07:35 PM
A Wife for Albert part III Lyonnaise Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 272 06-25-2006 08:38 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 autographed signed best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style christening of prince oscar coronation countess of snowdon coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge e-mail fashion poll greece kate middleton killing king abdullah ii king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction mexico monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary and womens rights princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark successes succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats visit to canada


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises