The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Not sure where to post this link but it has sth about Albert when he was in his early thirties (also about the other family members). It seems that Rainier urged Albert to be selective in chosing the events he attended, because otherwise it wouldn't mean anything ( I think I made a similar remark recently - and I'm sounding everyday more like my parents too...I'm getting sooo old ). Interesting labeling of the girlfriends and it might give some insights about why Charlene feels so comfortable in his surroundings and why she is not clear in where she is heading with him. It is very old article and might have been linked before, but some things don't seem to change... IN THE HOUSE OF GRIMALDI
Thanks paca great read!! Interesting to read what was said about Albert when he was only 32! Nothing has changed I guess! I agree he should be more selective in what he attends.
__________________

  #322  
Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 197
Thank you Paca. I enjoyed it. A lot of concise info for nonroyal followers. Thank you.
__________________

  #323  
Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Same in both articles: it is implied that it is not a question of if, but a question of when. Bunte does not give references to the Park avenue article. But they do quote Hubertus. The info in Bunte is not their news. They simply paid someone to rewrite the bild comment and shorten it for their online news flash. I assume that they will have sth in their next issue to that respect. They certainly have to have the exhibit openening, what they will make of Caros absence is another thing. Tomorrow we might know more of which way they are going with the story but I think they are going to stick with the heading for the altar. There are a few others that might go the other way because they have already started on Steph not being happy about Charlene (though she was actually there), but I think we will soon see and after the red cross we will certainly have some more pics and news. I am almost certain that we will see Charlene. Let's see who besides them, Antoinette, Melanie and Elizabeth-Ann will make a show this year. And in what mood

you know, I really like the fact that CW has come as far as she has in her life. honestly. (i know, i said my piece about her too like everybody else)

but she is pretty and she is tough - I think she would be a refreshing addition to the group of princesses out there if only for the reason that she does bring her own particular set of accomplishments to the picture - not exactly like the others, but uniquely Charlene.

is it possible to say a few things nice about her, CW -- i think if she gets a spot on the SA swim team and is able to compete in Beijing, it will go a long way for her. maybe wishful thinking, but I hope she is practicing and I hope she does make the SA Olympic swim team


as far as PA and any marriage is concerned, that remains a wait and see
JMO
  #324  
Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
you know, I really like the fact that CW has come as far as she has in her life. honestly. (i know, i said my piece about her too like everybody else)

but she is pretty and she is tough - I think she would be a refreshing addition to the group of princesses out there if only for the reason that she does bring her own particular set of accomplishments to the picture - not exactly like the others, but uniquely Charlene.

is it possible to say a few things nice about her, CW -- i think if she gets a spot on the SA swim team and is able to compete in Beijing, it will go a long way for her. maybe wishful thinking, but I hope she is practicing and I hope she does make the SA Olympic swim team


as far as PA and any marriage is concerned, that remains a wait and see
JMO
I don't know how true this is? But, the other website mentions, she has already severed her relationship with the SA Team and it seems she is no longer looking towards Beijing or to swimming? I didn't get the details or where that info came from? But, I think you post there too?
  #325  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
But it is Albert (the near 50 yr old monarch) who chooses to date her & women like her in the past. I tried to give him a break with the other women & rationalize these relationships away, because the very reason why I liked Albert all these years in the first place was because I believed him to be discreet & discerning in his taste for women & that this is the reason he had waited to get married? Which in my mind has proved to be quite a joke? It seems it was Rainier who had the brains & good sense to save Albert from himself and Albert was not even the ruling prince at the time?
Of course it was Rainier who kept Albert from bringing these type of women out in public, but he still dated them privately. Rainier definitely didn’t want Albert in public or private with Nicole. After his first date with her, Albert didn’t drag Charlene out in public either while Rainier was alive. I'm sure his press office read her 2001 interview (the palace PR collect all articles written about the family). Look at the type of women he actually took to public events in Monaco while Rainier was alive – Alicia and Tasha. This is what Albert says about himself (a quote from a July 19, 1997 interview with Helena de Bertodano):
Quote:
He describes himself as a typical Pisces, and I ask him what that entails. "You mean you didn't research my stars?" he says, assuming an expression of mock incredulity. "Pisceans are sensitive, they're artists in a way, they project this sense of being kind of vague, daydreamers, not very there. Yet they have both feet on the ground, they know where they are going and who they want to go there with."
Thus far, he has not “gone there with” any of those past women that desperately wanted to “go there” with him. One even had the assistance of a marabout to help her to “catch him” but the occult couldn’t help her to “keep him” or get him to the alter. Thus, if he fought off the occult, I’m not quite ready to give up on him yet.

Quote:
When Albert showed up in Turin with the same type of publicity loving woman, only months after having to admit to not only the chlidren, but that he actually had affairs with these type of publicity wanna-be women, I knew then, I was probably disillusioned to Prince Albert being the man that I thought he actually was? I was hoping he might just be foolish enough to be wearing some rose colored glasses for a short while and that they would fall off before he lost any more of his reputation. But that is clearly not the case, it has only gotten worse & like the very unprofessional & amaturish photo spreads of Charlene (that she so enjoys?-"she's finally getting photo's of herself where the paparazzi is not popping out of bushes"???)

Sandsla, I really believe that Charlene’s Turin appearance was very much planned to distract attention from the upcoming Jazmin fiasco. Remember in January and the beginning of Feb, the tabloids published pictures of Tamara and Jazmin visiting Paris and Monaco. Albert was in negotiation with them. He probably knew sooner or later the truth would come out. When it did, Charlene was already a media darling and the tabloids had spun the story that Jazmin’s acknowledgment was to pave the way for a marriage with Charlene. Albert and Monaco took a huge hit after the Alexandre announcement – he was the bunt of jokes all over the world. I think Albert and his PR team felt being seen with a possible Princess of Monaco would ease the blow – and it did. Albert has NEVER acted like that with a woman at an event where he knows is being photographed and filmed across the world. He needed a publicity hungry, but socially acceptable person and Charlene was perfect.
Quote:
If she is willing to be on the cover of a magazine because of who she sleeps with & he seems not only to not be bothered by it but to also be behind this?

In this week Bild article, it stated that "Park Avenue was allowed to recently make an interview with Charlene. But the Monegasque yard forbade expressly each question, which concern the prince.” So again, Charlene probably didn’t talk about Albert as requested by him. The same deal she had with her first interview with Paris Match. And it seems that this woman is really delusional enough to believe that the European press is interested in her because of her own merits and not because she is dating Prince Albert. Hence, she keeps talking to them, but she is being praised because she is sssssooooo discreet because she doesn’t talk about her relationship with Albert. Actually, in my opinion, her talking to the press shows her insecurity and lack of confidence in their relationship. Someone in her similar position who is in a loving, secure, and mutual respectful dating relationship would have no need or desire to continue to talk to the press. I hate to keep making this comparison, but have you ever read a “sell myself” interview from Mary, Camilla, Mette Marit, Maxima, Letizia, or Mathilde before there was an engagement announcement with their Crown Prince?
Quote:
Since taking reign he has chosen to promote not much more than his private life & the woman in it by having her appear in amature photo spreads, appear on the cover of magazines (that will actually oblige the two of them), and interviews, promoting her as if she is already princess. I think some people think he is putting the cart before the horse?

I do not belive that Albert is behind this recent photo shoot. Obviously, he knew about it prior, but I believe he just let Charlene do what she needs to do - which is the opposite of what he has stated about wanting to protect the people he cares about from the press. For some silly reason though, I believe that Albert thinks Charlene’s presence is a stabilizing effect on his reputation. Also, when she’s at an event, the media (well tabloids) covers it more. During the TV festival reception at the palace, the palace did not invite the press and they handed the press pictures from the event. Of all the pictures of several stars photographed with Albert, the picture that made the cover of several magazines was the ONE picture of Albert with Charlene – they even cut out the celebrity from the picture. During the Small States games, I didn’t read anything about the athletes covered in the press, only Charlene. So I have to ask, would the games have been covered at all if Charlene wasn’t there? Unfortunately, I think all this press has gone to Charlene’s head. She probably believes that it is something intrinsic about her that the media adores. She doesn’t realize any pretty blond will do.

So, right now I just find the entire Charlene relationship promotion trip entertaining. After I heard about the first incidence of Albert still having other women, I became convinced that Albert was not going to marry Charlene. The love stroy fanatic in me just won't believe that a man will wait 50 years to marry and then enter a sham of a marriage.
  #326  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Posts: 7,672
Let's not compare Albert & Charlene's relationship to any of Albert's previous relationships. That is not what this thread is for. Posts that veer off topic will be deleted without notice.

Thanks

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators
__________________
"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." - Corita Kent
Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

  #327  
Old 07-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I don't know how true this is? But, the other website mentions, she has already severed her relationship with the SA Team and it seems she is no longer looking towards Beijing or to swimming? I didn't get the details or where that info came from? But, I think you post there too?

nope - it's not me posting over where ever you are referring to (i certainly would not know).

I only read on the official SA swim team site that CW has made the SA National team, but not the Olympic team (wait to see what happens on that, imo). i have not posted anything different here either.

i just wanted to say something nice about her, because like PA and CW show, none of us are perfect.

you can look at the link and see for yourself.

Swimming South Africa - www.swimsa.co.za - The official home of aquatics in South Africa
  #328  
Old 07-19-2007, 12:59 AM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
nope - it's not me posting over where ever you are referring to (i certainly would not know).

I only read on the official SA swim team site that CW has made the SA National team, but not the Olympic team (wait to see what happens on that, imo). i have not posted anything different here either.

i just wanted to say something nice about her, because like PA and CW show, none of us are perfect.

you can look at the link and see for yourself.

Swimming South Africa - www.swimsa.co.za - The official home of aquatics in South Africa
That is not what I am referring to! You can read her own posts! Just like you once told me, you never know who's posting on this board! Remembernow?
  #329  
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
Sandsla, I really believe that Charlene’s Turin appearance was very much planned to distract attention from the upcoming Jazmin fiasco. Remember in January and the beginning of Feb, the tabloids published pictures of Tamara and Jazmin visiting Paris and Monaco. Albert was in negotiation with them. He probably knew sooner or later the truth would come out. When it did, Charlene was already a media darling and the tabloids had spun the story that Jazmin’s acknowledgment was to pave the way for a marriage with Charlene. Albert and Monaco took a huge hit after the Alexandre announcement – he was the bunt of jokes all over the world. I think Albert and his PR team felt being seen with a possible Princess of Monaco would ease the blow – and it did. Albert has NEVER acted like that with a woman at an event where he knows is being photographed and filmed across the world. He needed a publicity hungry, but socially acceptable person and Charlene was perfect.
Which doesn't explain why he's still hanging out with her, a year after the event. The decoy role has been played, so why drag her out every second day? Unless there are more illegitimate kids out there, soon to be announced?
Quote:
In this week Bild article, it stated that "Park Avenue was allowed to recently make an interview with Charlene. But the Monegasque yard forbade expressly each question, which concern the prince.” So again, Charlene probably didn’t talk about Albert as requested by him. The same deal she had with her first interview with Paris Match. And it seems that this woman is really delusional enough to believe that the European press is interested in her because of her own merits and not because she is dating Prince Albert. Hence, she keeps talking to them, but she is being praised because she is sssssooooo discreet because she doesn’t talk about her relationship with Albert. Actually, in my opinion, her talking to the press shows her insecurity and lack of confidence in their relationship. Someone in her similar position who is in a loving, secure, and mutual respectful dating relationship would have no need or desire to continue to talk to the press. I hate to keep making this comparison, but have you ever read a “sell myself” interview from Mary, Camilla, Mette Marit, Maxima, Letizia, or Mathilde before there was an engagement announcement with their Crown Prince?
Funny, you are sort of contradicting yourself here.
But while she doesn't talk about Albert, she keeps on talking about Albert. Smooth hints and blatant talk. He mobile goes off: "ooh, my boyfriend is calling", very clearly stating that she isn't allowed to talk about Albert (royal protocol - even if she isn't royal), alerting us all to the fact that she is seeing/dating/something Albert. So in an strange kind of way she still is talking about Albert.
__________________
Free Albert !
  #330  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:02 AM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
Of course it was Rainier who kept Albert from bringing these type of women out in public, but he still dated them privately. Rainier definitely didn’t want Albert in public or private with Nicole. After his first date with her, Albert didn’t drag Charlene out in public either while Rainier was alive. I'm sure his press office read her 2001 interview (the palace PR collect all articles written about the family). Look at the type of women he actually took to public events in Monaco while Rainier was alive – Alicia and Tasha. This is what Albert says about himself (a quote from a July 19, 1997 interview with Helena de Bertodano):

Thus far, he has not “gone there with” any of those past women that desperately wanted to “go there” with him. One even had the assistance of a marabout to help her to “catch him” but the occult couldn’t help her to “keep him” or get him to the alter. Thus, if he fought off the occult, I’m not quite ready to give up on him yet.


Sandsla, I really believe that Charlene’s Turin appearance was very much planned to distract attention from the upcoming Jazmin fiasco. Remember in January and the beginning of Feb, the tabloids published pictures of Tamara and Jazmin visiting Paris and Monaco. Albert was in negotiation with them. He probably knew sooner or later the truth would come out. When it did, Charlene was already a media darling and the tabloids had spun the story that Jazmin’s acknowledgment was to pave the way for a marriage with Charlene. Albert and Monaco took a huge hit after the Alexandre announcement – he was the bunt of jokes all over the world. I think Albert and his PR team felt being seen with a possible Princess of Monaco would ease the blow – and it did. Albert has NEVER acted like that with a woman at an event where he knows is being photographed and filmed across the world. He needed a publicity hungry, but socially acceptable person and Charlene was perfect.

In this week Bild article, it stated that "Park Avenue was allowed to recently make an interview with Charlene. But the Monegasque yard forbade expressly each question, which concern the prince.” So again, Charlene probably didn’t talk about Albert as requested by him. The same deal she had with her first interview with Paris Match. And it seems that this woman is really delusional enough to believe that the European press is interested in her because of her own merits and not because she is dating Prince Albert. Hence, she keeps talking to them, but she is being praised because she is sssssooooo discreet because she doesn’t talk about her relationship with Albert. Actually, in my opinion, her talking to the press shows her insecurity and lack of confidence in their relationship. Someone in her similar position who is in a loving, secure, and mutual respectful dating relationship would have no need or desire to continue to talk to the press. I hate to keep making this comparison, but have you ever read a “sell myself” interview from Mary, Camilla, Mette Marit, Maxima, Letizia, or Mathilde before there was an engagement announcement with their Crown Prince?

I do not belive that Albert is behind this recent photo shoot. Obviously, he knew about it prior, but I believe he just let Charlene do what she needs to do - which is the opposite of what he has stated about wanting to protect the people he cares about from the press. For some silly reason though, I believe that Albert thinks Charlene’s presence is a stabilizing effect on his reputation. Also, when she’s at an event, the media (well tabloids) covers it more. During the TV festival reception at the palace, the palace did not invite the press and they handed the press pictures from the event. Of all the pictures of several stars photographed with Albert, the picture that made the cover of several magazines was the ONE picture of Albert with Charlene – they even cut out the celebrity from the picture. During the Small States games, I didn’t read anything about the athletes covered in the press, only Charlene. So I have to ask, would the games have been covered at all if Charlene wasn’t there? Unfortunately, I think all this press has gone to Charlene’s head. She probably believes that it is something intrinsic about her that the media adores. She doesn’t realize any pretty blond will do.

So, right now I just find the entire Charlene relationship promotion trip entertaining. After I heard about the first incidence of Albert still having other women, I became convinced that Albert was not going to marry Charlene. The love stroy fanatic in me just won't believe that a man will wait 50 years to marry and then enter a sham of a marriage.
Hi MyAdia,

I am confused about some of your points here?

But I think maybe in my other posts, it has been cleared up.

Although I think Charlene is not a sociably acceptable person, in fact, I think that is most of our problem with her? Never mind she is 20 years younger than Albert. I think the kids were a shrug as I mentioned. I had to search out for info in LA & watched some dumb channel to see a two minute sound bite. I think Albert acted that way with a girl in Turin cause there was no one for the first time in his life that could do a thing about it. I think any kind of tabloid press is bad for Albert or anyone he dates, I don't know why he would want to generate it? If he wants to be taken seriously ever! When I said he was not bothered & seemed to be behind? Charlene's media splashes. I meant he obviously supported it, she wouldn't be doing it or he wouldn't be dating her still? I'm not sure what the Rainier thing is about, I imagine Rainier didn't like who Albert chose to date privately or publically. But he could only do something about the latter, or Albert wouldn't have the kids he has today. The fact that he is ok with a woman he is dating giving interviews is a problem for me. I don't see her as a media darling, if she was, she would not be leveraging her affiliation with Albert to the hilt. I think she is a way to sell Cheap tabloid style mags. I wouldn't think that would be an image Albert would want to generate? I did like the PIsces remark, he mentioned his feet were on the ground, but he didn't mention where his head was

MyAdia

Are you sure you are not mad at me, because I am beating up on everyones favorite boyfriend I know I've been rough on him lately - It's just tough love! He also shares much responsibilty here. I think you think I am saying a marraige is a done deal? I'm not, but I think Charlene thinks it is! Even if she has to do a Tonya Harding on the sisters, that woman is not giving up until someone tosses her off that rock! I think she thinks her only problem is going to be getting Albert to the alter, & everyone will fall in place behind them. They are both in for a rude awakening if they think that, I said before I think they don't like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company - it will be lonely up on that rock!
  #331  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 AM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Which doesn't explain why he's still hanging out with her, a year after the event. The decoy role has been played, so why drag her out every second day? Unless there are more illegitimate kids out there, soon to be announced?
Funny, you are sort of contradicting yourself here.
But while she doesn't talk about Albert, she keeps on talking about Albert. Smooth hints and blatant talk. He mobile goes off: "ooh, my boyfriend is calling", very clearly stating that she isn't allowed to talk about Albert (royal protocol - even if she isn't royal), alerting us all to the fact that she is seeing/dating/something Albert. So in an strange kind of way she still is talking about Albert.
Ghislaine, please understand that I am not contradicting myself by stating what Charlene and the article is stating. The contradiction is theirs. I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic when I stated that she is so discreet. My point is that just Charlene's mere agreement to do an interview is in efffect "talking about her relationship with Albert" since none of these publications would even be interested in interviewing her if she wasn't dating Prince Albert. Charlene has to know this.
  #332  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:59 AM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Hi MyAdia,

I am confused about some of your points here?

But I think maybe in my other posts, it has been cleared up.

Although I think Charlene is not a sociably acceptable person, in fact, I think that is most of our problem with her? Never mind she is 20 years younger than Albert. I think the kids were a shrug as I mentioned. I had to search out for info in LA & watched some dumb channel to see a two minute sound bite. I think Albert acted that way with a girl in Turin cause there was no one for the first time in his life that could do a thing about it. I think any kind of tabloid press is bad for Albert or anyone he dates, I don't know why he would want to generate it? If he wants to be taken seriously ever!
I am definitely not mad at you; I just have a different opinion about how the general public sees Charlene. Charlene is sociably acceptable to the general population - white, blond, pretty, no blantly known baggage, and of childbearing age (although I wouldn't be so quick to think that she can easily have them). Just read some of the earlier TRF posts (even later ones ) and you'll see that many people don't care about the things that we have been discussing here lately about Charlene; they like her for other reasons. I've been told that some posters are staying away because of our criticism. You have to realize that Charlene has NOT received bad press. I believe that someone who makes a cover of several magazines everytime they attend a social function is a media darling. I think you should read the headlines and look at those covers again. Thus far, the tabloid media has not asked the questions we have - they really don't care. Posters on these royal message boards do not represent the general public - we tend to delve into these people lives WAY more than the average person and thus are available to more information than the avg person will ever see. Trust me, two years ago before I stumbled here, I would have thought you people were crazy - and now I am one of you.

Charlene right now sells magazines. Trust me, Bunte, Point de Vue and Gala (and a few others) would not keep putting her and Albert on their covers if they didn't sell. They are a business entity, not relationships experts as we claim to be.


Quote:
MyAdia

Are you sure you are not mad at me, because I am beating up on everyones favorite boyfriend I know I've been rough on him lately - It's just tough love! He also shares much responsibilty here. I think you think I am saying a marraige is a done deal? I'm not, but I think Charlene thinks it is! Even if she has to do a Tonya Harding on the sisters, that woman is not giving up until someone tosses her off that rock! I think she thinks her only problem is going to be getting Albert to the alter, & everyone will fall in place behind them. They are both in for a rude awakening if they think that, I said before I think they don't like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company - it will be lonely up on that rock!
I don't think Albert is everyone's favorite boyfriend. Somone of us are actually in satisfying, loving, and respectable relationships with men that cherish us and treat us like we are queens (which HSH Prince Albert can't never make us a queen ), so that's why we know the difference between a respectful loving relationship from the trash we see before us. I wholeheartedly agree that Albert should know better, but he seems to be oblivious and staisfied the way things are. I am harder on Charlene, because Albert seems to be in charge and calling the shots. Charlene seems to have placed her life at the beck and call of Albert hoping for that ultimate payoff as others had hoped before her.
  #333  
Old 07-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I think you think I am saying a marraige is a done deal? I'm not, but I think Charlene thinks it is! Even if she has to do a Tonya Harding on the sisters, that woman is not giving up until someone tosses her off that rock! I think she thinks her only problem is going to be getting Albert to the alter, & everyone will fall in place behind them. They are both in for a rude awakening if they think that, I said before I think they don't like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company - it will be lonely up on that rock!
That generates really funny images in my head. It reminds me a bit of bad Ursula in Arielle trying to get the prince. THough my version differs a little here. I see him dragged to the cathedral tied with his armes behind his back and some duct tape over his mouth. Charlenes only problem being that whatever question he is going to answer once they take it off for a second, the answer needs to be a clear yes for the world to hear. What would the question be.....?

But Albert is not quite in that situation. He is very much the master of his own destiny. So far he has answered that famous question of reporters with a clear no. We hear from the PArk avenue article that Charlene does not have it all in the bag and the announcement is a question of when. On the contrary, she doesn't know. We know from a former flame that her situation was similar. She was welcomed by everyone, she felt never as an outsider, but at no point was she made to believe that she would be the one he was going to marry. I think that the tabloids suggesting that she might be the one and maybe her own friends and family might get that idea and put it in her little head and the lack of confirmation on his part or his friends part is what troubles her. Albert is doing what he is always been doing. He didn't stop dating Tasha because she loved the limelight and used the publicity to foster her professional ambitions. And she is still ready at his call, maybe hoping that he will cange his mind? I'm not really convinced that Albert is promoting her with the interviews. I'm sure he is informed in advance and his only restriction is that he is kept out of it. Apart from that she can do whatever she likes and deems ok. I think that it is his way of watching what she is doing. She is not being assisted in her choice of dress, to see what she would pick. How she is going to behave. She draws attention to Monaco and even if it is tabloid, it has been so far all positive and at least it makes him look as though he is capable of having a stable relationship. It doesn't matter if he marries her or not. If he sends her home in a few months and brings a different woman in, all publicity about Charlene will be forgotten and we will be discussing her. In any case, Charlene is paving the way, because people will be used to seeing ALbert taking his dates to public events. So his private life might be less discussed in the future. Last year he had Mme Gallico around Charlenes public appearances and his sisters appear friendly with her. This year we see a totally changed picture. No Mme Gallico, no sisters. I think last year he might have been still in doubt about which way things are going, but I believe after last summer things have changed. Charlene is his girlfriend, but that is all she ever will be. I might eat my words someday, but that is what I think. And I believe that his sisters know that too. I don't think that either of them would not try to be civil to their future sister in law.
  #334  
Old 07-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: blablabla, France
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
....................
But Albert is not quite in that situation. He is very much the master of his own destiny. So far he has answered that famous question of reporters with a clear no. We hear from the PArk avenue article that Charlene does not have it all in the bag and the announcement is a question of when. On the contrary, she doesn't know. We know from a former flame that her situation was similar. She was welcomed by everyone, she felt never as an outsider, but at no point was she made to believe that she would be the one he was going to marry. ................? I'm not really convinced that Albert is promoting her with the interviews. I'm sure he is informed in advance and his only restriction is that he is kept out of it. Apart from that she can do whatever she likes and deems ok. I think that it is his way of watching what she is doing. She is not being assisted in her choice of dress, to see what she would pick. How she is going to behave.
Quote:
Yes paca, i said several times about IKristensen story: IF, i repeat IF
She draws attention to Monaco and even if it is tabloid, it has been so far all positive and at least it makes him look as though he is capable of having a stable relationship. It doesn't matter if he marries her or not. If he sends her home in a few months and brings a different woman in, all publicity about Charlene will be forgotten and we will be discussing her. In any case, Charlene is paving the way, because people will be used to seeing ALbert taking his dates to public events. So his private life might be less discussed in the future. Last year he had Mme Gallico around Charlenes public appearances and his sisters appear friendly with her. This year we see a totally changed picture. No Mme Gallico, no sisters. I think last year he might have been still in doubt about which way things are going, but I believe after last summer things have changed. Charlene is his girlfriend, but that is all she ever will be. I might eat my words someday, but that is what I think.
Quote:
Yes things have changed
And I believe that his sisters know that too. I don't think that either of them would not try to be civil to their future sister in law.
if she was their future sister in law, i guess that the 2 sisters were doing their job during public events... in being civil (even if they were in bad mood)
  #335  
Old 07-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
But while she doesn't talk about Albert, she keeps on talking about Albert. Smooth hints and blatant talk. He mobile goes off: "ooh, my boyfriend is calling", very clearly stating that she isn't allowed to talk about Albert (royal protocol - even if she isn't royal), alerting us all to the fact that she is seeing/dating/something Albert. So in an strange kind of way she still is talking about Albert.
My thoughts exactly. I think Charlene is very, very aware that if she weren't Albert's "companion," she'd be ignored by the gossips and the sports writers. Charlene very much craves attention and she will make deals with the devil to get it; I think she got a lot of attention about 10 years ago when she was seen as part of SA's power house swim team and she can't quite get over it. A few injuries and everyone else moved on but her. Then along comes Albert (again) for whatever reason, and she's back in her glory.

I think Charlene is smart enough not to pressure Albert into anything but slowly ingratiate herself into his life. In return, Albert gets a "stable" relationship with no pressure, no strings. The tabloids keep Monaco on the magazine covers with the promise of another "fairy tale" wedding. Everyone gets something and is happy. There's your perfect ending.
  #336  
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: around the corner, United States
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
I am definitely not mad at you; I just have a different opinion about how the general public sees Charlene. Charlene is sociably acceptable to the general population - white, blond, pretty, no blantly known baggage, and of childbearing age (although I wouldn't be so quick to think that she can easily have them). Just read some of the earlier TRF posts (even later ones ) and you'll see that many people don't care about the things that we have been discussing here lately about Charlene; they like her for other reasons. I've been told that some posters are staying away because of our criticism. You have to realize that Charlene has NOT received bad press. I believe that someone who makes a cover of several magazines everytime they attend a social function is a media darling. I think you should read the headlines and look at those covers again. Thus far, the tabloid media has not asked the questions we have - they really don't care. Posters on these royal message boards do not represent the general public - we tend to delve into these people lives WAY more than the average person and thus are available to more information than the avg person will ever see. Trust me, two years ago before I stumbled here, I would have thought you people were crazy - and now I am one of you.
.
I share your opinion about Charlene, but I do not think that she is a media darling. She haven't received bad press yet only because media isn't sure of how this relationship is going to end. Nobody wants to step on the possible "future Princess's" toes. It is just a business not a love at all. The same business as PA's and Charlene's relationship. Just conviniance and business/propaganda.
As for the some posters staying away it is because it's become imposible to say anything critical about Charlene. Whatever we say which is considered to be negative by monitors, it is said that it is a speculation and not a fact. If you say something nice then in that case you do not need any proofs/facts. You see, that is the same policy as with media. No one knows how things are going to turn out at the end, and no one wants to loose an access to a "future Princess" IF she becomes one. In short everyone is playing safe. It is just business!

Do not worry about being crazy...it is a fun crazy house!
  #337  
Old 07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I think Charlene is very, very aware that if she weren't Albert's "companion," she'd be ignored by the gossips and the sports writers. Charlene very much craves attention and she will make deals with the devil to get it; I think she got a lot of attention about 10 years ago when she was seen as part of SA's power house swim team and she can't quite get over it. A few injuries and everyone else moved on but her. Then along comes Albert (again) for whatever reason, and she's back in her glory.

I think Charlene is smart enough not to pressure Albert into anything but slowly ingratiate herself into his life. In return, Albert gets a "stable" relationship with no pressure, no strings. The tabloids keep Monaco on the magazine covers with the promise of another "fairy tale" wedding. Everyone gets something and is happy. There's your perfect ending.
Almost perfect Pink, She isn't going to settle for being just a companion. In the Park Ave. interview she says she isn't sure where she is in this relationship, and if she said she doesn't give up, then one of three things can happen, She becomes like the rest of Albert's former girlfriends that hang around, She actually does get the tiara at the expense of Albert's siblings, or three she gets pregnant and thinks she will get the tiara only to find herself in the same boat as Nicole and Tamara. She has already integrated herself into his circle as we have seen but still no ring, I think she thinks if she hangs on long enough, something is going to happen which it will, but who knows what!
  #338  
Old 07-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
Ghislaine, please understand that I am not contradicting myself by stating what Charlene and the article is stating. The contradiction is theirs. I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic when I stated that she is so discreet. My point is that just Charlene's mere agreement to do an interview is in efffect "talking about her relationship with Albert" since none of these publications would even be interested in interviewing her if she wasn't dating Prince Albert. Charlene has to know this.
Oooops, my bad. I read the first half as your opinion and the second half as your opinion too, but I see it now. Sorry . I'll take some cafeine before I start reading next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
We hear from the PArk avenue article that Charlene does not have it all in the bag and the announcement is a question of when. On the contrary, she doesn't know. We know from a former flame that her situation was similar. She was welcomed by everyone, she felt never as an outsider, but at no point was she made to believe that she would be the one he was going to marry. I think that the tabloids suggesting that she might be the one and maybe her own friends and family might get that idea and put it in her little head and the lack of confirmation on his part or his friends part is what troubles her.
Or she's in on the "joke". It might just be a bit of stirring or a ploy to generate some pity for her.
__________________
Free Albert !
  #339  
Old 07-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Now there you have Buntes turn on caros absence with car stating that Charlene will never marry ALbert (haven't read yet) so enjoy Caroline: "Charlene wird Albert nie heiraten"

Ok, I read it and apparently Caro was heard saying that Charlene has beautiful shoulders but she will never marry Albert ( I think she mad a witty remark at the time of Steph dating franco Knie aout some people needing taming). Coverstory of course and bunte wonders about Monacos future. (like many) They do use a quote of Albert about protecting the woman he is going to marry until the wedding day and think that it is all to protect Charlene. Someohow they think that by keeping her secret they mean he is not going to say but she will be seen with him anyways. In all consequence to his quotes they should say seems he doesn't want to marry her.

Can anyone get the hands on the article from nouvel observateur that is quoted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal pauper View Post
No one knows how things are going to turn out at the end, and no one wants to loose an access to a "future Princess" IF she becomes one.
Or an access if se doesn't. Don't forgte that there is a story to be told, experiences to be shared...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
She has already integrated herself into his circle as we have seen but still no ring, I think she thinks if she hangs on long enough, something is going to happen which it will, but who knows what!
As we have heard, his circle is not making it particularly difficult for people to integrate themselves. Besides as most of them haven't got a clue about his intentions either, they wouldn't dare to make her uncomfortable, because they wouldn't continue in his circle either because he get's miffed for not treating his girlfriend ok or she makes sure that they stay away once she get's the tiara. It's a matter of interest to be nice to anyone he tags along. They've been nice to Nicole and Tamara doesn't look particularly unhappy either as long as it lasted.
  #340  
Old 07-19-2007, 03:21 PM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Now there you have Buntes turn on caros absence with car stating that Charlene will never marry ALbert (haven't read yet) so enjoy Caroline: "Charlene wird Albert nie heiraten"

Ok, I read it and apparently Caro was heard saying that Charlene has beautiful shoulders but she will never marry Albert ( I think she mad a witty remark at the time of Steph dating franco Knie aout some people needing taming). Coverstory of course and bunte wonders about Monacos future. (like many) They do use a quote of Albert about protecting the woman he is going to marry until the wedding day and think that it is all to protect Charlene. Someohow they think that by keeping her secret they mean he is not going to say but she will be seen with him anyways. In all consequence to his quotes they should say seems he doesn't want to marry her.

Can anyone get the hands on the article from nouvel observateur that is quoted?
Hi Paca, I emailed you the full article that I have access to. I do not have time to do a summary, but the article that I have is a little different than the on-line version. Here's a rough translation of the title, headline, and first sentence of the opening paragraph:

Quote:
Does it play only with its love?

HIGHLIGHT: Albert of Monaco as a statesman it obviously controls the art to hold its principality in the discussion: The tender photos with Charlene Wittstock went around the world. Now it argues suddenly marriage plans off. Why?

TEXT: Knows prince Albert of Monaco, 49, obviously very exactly: Its small principality does not only need investor, it lives more than every other state of this world also from the smell of its wives, from the magic of its beauty, the love and their tragedies.
This is so funny, but Bunte is mad with Albert because he hasn't married their darling Charlene yet. Here's a quote from the article in response to Albert's Paris Match interview where Albert says he has no plans to marry yet. What does Bunte think, it can force Albert to marry Charelne now.
Quote:
This answer sounds ice cold. And very much confusing. Because how it fits the tender pictures of Albert and Charlene, who went in the last weeks around the world? Simply there both times completely in white, times in black, both lively, near together-moved, times cover them each other, times sit them like a pair trusted leave - the many current scenes seemed to betray a as obvious dear history as once that moment, in England princess Margaret of her secret love Peter Townsend before clicking cameras the Flusen of the written undertaking pulled.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 23 : July 2007 - Sept.2007 Zonk Current Events Archive 192 09-16-2007 11:28 PM
What do you think of Charlene? Zonk Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 415 07-15-2007 01:57 PM
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 946 01-29-2007 09:55 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 01-11-2007 07:35 PM
A Wife for Albert part III Lyonnaise Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 272 06-25-2006 08:38 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday birthday wishes catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week president nieto; state visit prince alexander of sweden prince bernhard prince charles prince joachim princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sonja state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises