Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which doesn't explain why he's still hanging out with her, a year after the event. The decoy role has been played, so why drag her out every second day? Unless there are more illegitimate kids out there, soon to be announced? :ohmy:
Funny, you are sort of contradicting yourself here. ;)
But while she doesn't talk about Albert, she keeps on talking about Albert. Smooth hints and blatant talk. He mobile goes off: "ooh, my boyfriend is calling", very clearly stating that she isn't allowed to talk about Albert (royal protocol - even if she isn't royal), alerting us all to the fact that she is seeing/dating/something Albert. So in an strange kind of way she still is talking about Albert.:argh:
Ghislaine, please understand that I am not contradicting myself by stating what Charlene and the article is stating. The contradiction is theirs. I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic when I stated that she is so discreet. My point is that just Charlene's mere agreement to do an interview is in efffect "talking about her relationship with Albert" since none of these publications would even be interested in interviewing her if she wasn't dating Prince Albert. Charlene has to know this.

Hi MyAdia,

I am confused about some of your points here?

But I think maybe in my other posts, it has been cleared up.

Although I think Charlene is not a sociably acceptable person, in fact, I think that is most of our problem with her? Never mind she is 20 years younger than Albert. I think the kids were a shrug as I mentioned. I had to search out for info in LA & watched some dumb channel to see a two minute sound bite. I think Albert acted that way with a girl in Turin cause there was no one for the first time in his life that could do a thing about it. I think any kind of tabloid press is bad for Albert or anyone he dates, I don't know why he would want to generate it? If he wants to be taken seriously ever!
I am definitely not mad at you; I just have a different opinion about how the general public sees Charlene. Charlene is sociably acceptable to the general population - white, blond, pretty, no blantly known baggage, and of childbearing age (although I wouldn't be so quick to think that she can easily have them). Just read some of the earlier TRF posts (even later ones ) and you'll see that many people don't care about the things that we have been discussing here lately about Charlene; they like her for other reasons. I've been told that some posters are staying away because of our criticism. You have to realize that Charlene has NOT received bad press. I believe that someone who makes a cover of several magazines everytime they attend a social function is a media darling. I think you should read the headlines and look at those covers again. Thus far, the tabloid media has not asked the questions we have - they really don't care. Posters on these royal message boards do not represent the general public - we tend to delve into these people lives WAY more than the average person and thus are available to more information than the avg person will ever see. Trust me, two years ago before I stumbled here, I would have thought you people were crazy - and now I am one of you. :eek:

Charlene right now sells magazines. Trust me, Bunte, Point de Vue and Gala (and a few others) would not keep putting her and Albert on their covers if they didn't sell. They are a business entity, not relationships experts as we claim to be.:D

MyAdia:flowers:

Are you sure you are not mad at me, because I am beating up on everyones favorite boyfriend:wub: I know I've been rough on him lately - It's just tough love! He also shares much responsibilty here. I think you think I am saying a marraige is a done deal? I'm not, but I think Charlene thinks it is! Even if she has to do a Tonya Harding on the sisters, that woman is not giving up until someone tosses her off that rock! I think she thinks her only problem is going to be getting Albert to the alter, & everyone will fall in place behind them. They are both in for a rude awakening if they think that, I said before I think they don't like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company - it will be lonely up on that rock!
I don't think Albert is everyone's favorite boyfriend. Somone of us are actually in satisfying, loving, and respectable relationships with men that cherish us and treat us like we are queens (which HSH Prince Albert can't never make us a queen :)), so that's why we know the difference between a respectful loving relationship from the trash we see before us. I wholeheartedly agree that Albert should know better, but he seems to be oblivious and staisfied the way things are. I am harder on Charlene, because Albert seems to be in charge and calling the shots. Charlene seems to have placed her life at the beck and call of Albert hoping for that ultimate payoff as others had hoped before her.

I think you think I am saying a marraige is a done deal? I'm not, but I think Charlene thinks it is! Even if she has to do a Tonya Harding on the sisters, that woman is not giving up until someone tosses her off that rock! I think she thinks her only problem is going to be getting Albert to the alter, & everyone will fall in place behind them. They are both in for a rude awakening if they think that, I said before I think they don't like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company - it will be lonely up on that rock!
That generates really funny images in my head. It reminds me a bit of bad Ursula in Arielle trying to get the prince. THough my version differs a little here. I see him dragged to the cathedral tied with his armes behind his back and some duct tape over his mouth. Charlenes only problem being that whatever question he is going to answer once they take it off for a second, the answer needs to be a clear yes for the world to hear. What would the question be.....?

But Albert is not quite in that situation. He is very much the master of his own destiny. So far he has answered that famous question of reporters with a clear no. We hear from the PArk avenue article that Charlene does not have it all in the bag and the announcement is a question of when. On the contrary, she doesn't know. We know from a former flame that her situation was similar. She was welcomed by everyone, she felt never as an outsider, but at no point was she made to believe that she would be the one he was going to marry. I think that the tabloids suggesting that she might be the one and maybe her own friends and family might get that idea and put it in her little head and the lack of confirmation on his part or his friends part is what troubles her. Albert is doing what he is always been doing. He didn't stop dating Tasha because she loved the limelight and used the publicity to foster her professional ambitions. And she is still ready at his call, maybe hoping that he will cange his mind? I'm not really convinced that Albert is promoting her with the interviews. I'm sure he is informed in advance and his only restriction is that he is kept out of it. Apart from that she can do whatever she likes and deems ok. I think that it is his way of watching what she is doing. She is not being assisted in her choice of dress, to see what she would pick. How she is going to behave. She draws attention to Monaco and even if it is tabloid, it has been so far all positive and at least it makes him look as though he is capable of having a stable relationship. It doesn't matter if he marries her or not. If he sends her home in a few months and brings a different woman in, all publicity about Charlene will be forgotten and we will be discussing her. In any case, Charlene is paving the way, because people will be used to seeing ALbert taking his dates to public events. So his private life might be less discussed in the future. Last year he had Mme Gallico around Charlenes public appearances and his sisters appear friendly with her. This year we see a totally changed picture. No Mme Gallico, no sisters. I think last year he might have been still in doubt about which way things are going, but I believe after last summer things have changed. Charlene is his girlfriend, but that is all she ever will be. I might eat my words someday, but that is what I think. And I believe that his sisters know that too. I don't think that either of them would not try to be civil to their future sister in law.

But Albert is not quite in that situation. He is very much the master of his own destiny. So far he has answered that famous question of reporters with a clear no. We hear from the PArk avenue article that Charlene does not have it all in the bag and the announcement is a question of when. On the contrary, she doesn't know. We know from a former flame that her situation was similar. She was welcomed by everyone, she felt never as an outsider, but at no point was she made to believe that she would be the one he was going to marry. ................? I'm not really convinced that Albert is promoting her with the interviews. I'm sure he is informed in advance and his only restriction is that he is kept out of it. Apart from that she can do whatever she likes and deems ok. I think that it is his way of watching what she is doing. She is not being assisted in her choice of dress, to see what she would pick. How she is going to behave.
Yes paca, i said several times about IKristensen story: IF, i repeat IF
She draws attention to Monaco and even if it is tabloid, it has been so far all positive and at least it makes him look as though he is capable of having a stable relationship. It doesn't matter if he marries her or not. If he sends her home in a few months and brings a different woman in, all publicity about Charlene will be forgotten and we will be discussing her. In any case, Charlene is paving the way, because people will be used to seeing ALbert taking his dates to public events. So his private life might be less discussed in the future. Last year he had Mme Gallico around Charlenes public appearances and his sisters appear friendly with her. This year we see a totally changed picture. No Mme Gallico, no sisters. I think last year he might have been still in doubt about which way things are going, but I believe after last summer things have changed. Charlene is his girlfriend, but that is all she ever will be. I might eat my words someday, but that is what I think.
Yes things have changed
And I believe that his sisters know that too. I don't think that either of them would not try to be civil to their future sister in law.
if she was their future sister in law, i guess that the 2 sisters were doing their job during public events... in being civil (even if they were in bad mood)

Last edited:
But while she doesn't talk about Albert, she keeps on talking about Albert. Smooth hints and blatant talk. He mobile goes off: "ooh, my boyfriend is calling", very clearly stating that she isn't allowed to talk about Albert (royal protocol - even if she isn't royal), alerting us all to the fact that she is seeing/dating/something Albert. So in an strange kind of way she still is talking about Albert.:argh:

My thoughts exactly. I think Charlene is very, very aware that if she weren't Albert's "companion," she'd be ignored by the gossips and the sports writers. Charlene very much craves attention and she will make deals with the devil to get it; I think she got a lot of attention about 10 years ago when she was seen as part of SA's power house swim team and she can't quite get over it. A few injuries and everyone else moved on but her. Then along comes Albert (again) for whatever reason, and she's back in her glory.

I think Charlene is smart enough not to pressure Albert into anything but slowly ingratiate herself into his life. In return, Albert gets a "stable" relationship with no pressure, no strings. The tabloids keep Monaco on the magazine covers with the promise of another "fairy tale" wedding. Everyone gets something and is happy. There's your perfect ending.

I am definitely not mad at you; I just have a different opinion about how the general public sees Charlene. Charlene is sociably acceptable to the general population - white, blond, pretty, no blantly known baggage, and of childbearing age (although I wouldn't be so quick to think that she can easily have them). Just read some of the earlier TRF posts (even later ones ) and you'll see that many people don't care about the things that we have been discussing here lately about Charlene; they like her for other reasons. I've been told that some posters are staying away because of our criticism. You have to realize that Charlene has NOT received bad press. I believe that someone who makes a cover of several magazines everytime they attend a social function is a media darling. I think you should read the headlines and look at those covers again. Thus far, the tabloid media has not asked the questions we have - they really don't care. Posters on these royal message boards do not represent the general public - we tend to delve into these people lives WAY more than the average person and thus are available to more information than the avg person will ever see. Trust me, two years ago before I stumbled here, I would have thought you people were crazy - and now I am one of you. :eek:

I share your opinion about Charlene, but I do not think that she is a media darling. She haven't received bad press yet only because media isn't sure of how this relationship is going to end. Nobody wants to step on the possible "future Princess's" toes. It is just a business not a love at all. The same business as PA's and Charlene's relationship. Just conviniance and business/propaganda.
As for the some posters staying away it is because it's become imposible to say anything critical about Charlene. Whatever we say which is considered to be negative by monitors, it is said that it is a speculation and not a fact. If you say something nice then in that case you do not need any proofs/facts. You see, that is the same policy as with media. No one knows how things are going to turn out at the end, and no one wants to loose an access to a "future Princess" IF she becomes one. In short everyone is playing safe. It is just business!

Do not worry about being crazy...it is a fun crazy house!:D

My thoughts exactly. I think Charlene is very, very aware that if she weren't Albert's "companion," she'd be ignored by the gossips and the sports writers. Charlene very much craves attention and she will make deals with the devil to get it; I think she got a lot of attention about 10 years ago when she was seen as part of SA's power house swim team and she can't quite get over it. A few injuries and everyone else moved on but her. Then along comes Albert (again) for whatever reason, and she's back in her glory.

I think Charlene is smart enough not to pressure Albert into anything but slowly ingratiate herself into his life. In return, Albert gets a "stable" relationship with no pressure, no strings. The tabloids keep Monaco on the magazine covers with the promise of another "fairy tale" wedding. Everyone gets something and is happy. There's your perfect ending.

Almost perfect Pink, She isn't going to settle for being just a companion. In the Park Ave. interview she says she isn't sure where she is in this relationship, and if she said she doesn't give up, then one of three things can happen, She becomes like the rest of Albert's former girlfriends that hang around, She actually does get the tiara at the expense of Albert's siblings, or three she gets pregnant and thinks she will get the tiara only to find herself in the same boat as Nicole and Tamara. She has already integrated herself into his circle as we have seen but still no ring, I think she thinks if she hangs on long enough, something is going to happen which it will, but who knows what!

Ghislaine, please understand that I am not contradicting myself by stating what Charlene and the article is stating. The contradiction is theirs. I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic when I stated that she is so discreet. My point is that just Charlene's mere agreement to do an interview is in efffect "talking about her relationship with Albert" since none of these publications would even be interested in interviewing her if she wasn't dating Prince Albert. Charlene has to know this.
Oooops, my bad. :blush: :blush: I read the first half as your opinion and the second half as your opinion too, but I see it now. Sorry :flowers:. I'll take some cafeine before I start reading next time. ;)

We hear from the PArk avenue article that Charlene does not have it all in the bag and the announcement is a question of when. On the contrary, she doesn't know. We know from a former flame that her situation was similar. She was welcomed by everyone, she felt never as an outsider, but at no point was she made to believe that she would be the one he was going to marry. I think that the tabloids suggesting that she might be the one and maybe her own friends and family might get that idea and put it in her little head and the lack of confirmation on his part or his friends part is what troubles her.
Or she's in on the "joke". It might just be a bit of stirring or a ploy to generate some pity for her.

Now there you have Buntes turn on caros absence with car stating that Charlene will never marry ALbert (haven't read yet) so enjoy ;) Caroline: "Charlene wird Albert nie heiraten"

Ok, I read it and apparently Caro was heard saying that Charlene has beautiful shoulders but she will never marry Albert ( I think she mad a witty remark at the time of Steph dating franco Knie aout some people needing taming). Coverstory of course and bunte wonders about Monacos future. (like many) They do use a quote of Albert about protecting the woman he is going to marry until the wedding day and think that it is all to protect Charlene. Someohow they think that by keeping her secret they mean he is not going to say but she will be seen with him anyways. :D :D In all consequence to his quotes they should say seems he doesn't want to marry her.

Can anyone get the hands on the article from nouvel observateur that is quoted?

No one knows how things are going to turn out at the end, and no one wants to loose an access to a "future Princess" IF she becomes one.
Or an access if se doesn't. Don't forgte that there is a story to be told, experiences to be shared...

She has already integrated herself into his circle as we have seen but still no ring, I think she thinks if she hangs on long enough, something is going to happen which it will, but who knows what!
As we have heard, his circle is not making it particularly difficult for people to integrate themselves. Besides as most of them haven't got a clue about his intentions either, they wouldn't dare to make her uncomfortable, because they wouldn't continue in his circle either because he get's miffed for not treating his girlfriend ok or she makes sure that they stay away once she get's the tiara. It's a matter of interest to be nice to anyone he tags along. They've been nice to Nicole and Tamara doesn't look particularly unhappy either as long as it lasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now there you have Buntes turn on caros absence with car stating that Charlene will never marry ALbert (haven't read yet) so enjoy ;) Caroline: "Charlene wird Albert nie heiraten"

Ok, I read it and apparently Caro was heard saying that Charlene has beautiful shoulders but she will never marry Albert ( I think she mad a witty remark at the time of Steph dating franco Knie aout some people needing taming). Coverstory of course and bunte wonders about Monacos future. (like many) They do use a quote of Albert about protecting the woman he is going to marry until the wedding day and think that it is all to protect Charlene. Someohow they think that by keeping her secret they mean he is not going to say but she will be seen with him anyways. :D :D In all consequence to his quotes they should say seems he doesn't want to marry her.

Hi Paca, I emailed you the full article that I have access to. I do not have time to do a summary, but the article that I have is a little different than the on-line version. Here's a rough translation of the title, headline, and first sentence of the opening paragraph:

Does it play only with its love?

HIGHLIGHT: Albert of Monaco as a statesman it obviously controls the art to hold its principality in the discussion: The tender photos with Charlene Wittstock went around the world. Now it argues suddenly marriage plans off. Why?

TEXT: Knows prince Albert of Monaco, 49, obviously very exactly: Its small principality does not only need investor, it lives more than every other state of this world also from the smell of its wives, from the magic of its beauty, the love and their tragedies.

This is so funny, but Bunte is mad with Albert because he hasn't married their darling Charlene yet. Here's a quote from the article in response to Albert's Paris Match interview where Albert says he has no plans to marry yet. What does Bunte think, it can force Albert to marry Charelne now.
This answer sounds ice cold. And very much confusing. Because how it fits the tender pictures of Albert and Charlene, who went in the last weeks around the world? Simply there both times completely in white, times in black, both lively, near together-moved, times cover them each other, times sit them like a pair trusted leave - the many current scenes seemed to betray a as obvious dear history as once that moment, in England princess Margaret of her secret love Peter Townsend before clicking cameras the Flusen of the written undertaking pulled.

Or an access if se doesn't. Don't forgte that there is a story to be told, experiences to be shared...

Great point Paca. The story will probably be more interesting to a tabloid if it doesn't work out.:rolleyes:

AM I reading the translation correctly, they are comparing her to Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend? The ill-fated love affair? What exactly are they implying? Peter Townsend was a divorced man and at the time, she couldn't marry him. How does that compare to Albert and Charlene? Neither has been married before unless Charlene hasn't told the world exactly everything but I got the impression she has never been married. I guess they need a Juillet to his Romeo might have been better.

it looks like the german media is forcing albert's hand, to make a decision maybe?
Charlene is presented as albert's victim, and him as the eternal player. Too bad he's not the only one who treated her badly (actually bunte told us about the finacee who was cheating on her), so there were others before...
Why all this drama? She's been there, done that. She must have experience by now dealing with this kinds of men.
Let's see how albert will get out of this, perhaps a new interview stating how much he cares and respects charlene. Wouldn't that be nice of him.

Are you speaking about nouvel observateur France? I had a glance on website... only a title which could be OK... I'm going to see tomorrow... Or is it l'observateur de monaco? (don't think so)
On obs.com (fr) website I saw nothing
As we have heard, his circle is not making it particularly difficult for people to integrate themselves. Besides as most of them haven't got a clue about his intentions either, they wouldn't dare to make her uncomfortable, because they wouldn't continue in his circle either because he get's miffed for not treating his girlfriend ok or she makes sure that they stay away once she get's the tiara. It's a matter of interest to be nice to anyone he tags along. They've been nice to Nicole and Tamara doesn't look particularly unhappy either as long as it lasted.
Yes... Me Lacoste was perhaps a nice guy before.... babies stories.:lol:

OK le nouvel observateur: l'intermittent du rocher!!!

it looks like the german media is forcing albert's hand, to make a decision maybe?
Charlene is presented as albert's victim, and him as the eternal player. Too bad he's not the only one who treated her badly (actually bunte told us about the finacee who was cheating on her), so there were others before...
Why all this drama? She's been there, done that. She must have experience by now dealing with this kinds of men.
Let's see how albert will get out of this, perhaps a new interview stating how much he cares and respects charlene. Wouldn't that be nice of him.

This seems like the second victim article we've had in the last two days. I could be wrong but I think trying to push Albert into a decision would be the same as dragging a mule up the mountain. I doubt he is the one playing games with the media on this one. There is nothing in it for him to appear as the bad boy. I think she may have made a tactical error by doing this. Now with Caroline supposedly saying he won't marry her, and the ball next week, I wonder who will be missing in action?

Thanks lilae. Here is the link L'intermittent du Rocher

Thanks for the link paca

OK le nouvel observateur: l'intermittent du rocher!!!
Obviously I suppose that there is no article in the new observer of caroline who announces that her brother does not want to give up his adventures it is for it who he will not marry Charlene. Remember that in a certain thread, we had predicted that July 15th was Charlene's highlight, " that her quotation would rise until July 15th " = after that comes down.. We are July 19th 2007 :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
I have just seen the article of it, thank you Paca, Thank you Lilae
lckc571

Last edited:
Originally, I questioned whether Charlene’s Audi ad was a real corporate ad (as opposed to a local Monaco Audi dealer’s ad) mainly because of the quality of the pictures that I saw. In this post I presented Internet ads featuring Charlene with the a press release from Audi. But, below is the entire German press release that includes the sender’s contact info as most press release do. This is definitely an Audi corporate headquarter press release. I even googled the contact and saw various pictures and other articles of her attending Audi-sponsored events. So for me it’s back to what Sandlsa opined - this all lies with Prince Albert. The top two bulleted points in the ad after the title and date is:

- Girlfriend of Prince Albert II. gets new Audi TT
- World class swimmer now driving the Coupé in Monte Carlo

Albert must at least know about this ad. Whether he arranged it, I don’t know. But I am sure someone helped Charlene because I doubt that she just walked into Audi’s office and asked to be featured in an ad. But, we do know that she is selling herself in this ad as Prince Albert of Monaco’s girlfriend and Albert seems to be ok with it. After the Audi press release on May 16th Charlene has accompanied Albert to just about every high-profile event in Monaco. I am having a difficult time understanding why this man actually believes that this ad is a good image for Monaco. As for this relationship, I don’t think anyone can quote Albert’s previous statements about marriage and privavcy (any probably many others) with any credence. Hasn’t he always said he wants to keep his private life private. Is this ad doing it?

Here’s the full press release that I found from this website.

16.05.2007 | 15:20 Uhr
Charlène Wittstock fährt Audi TT

Ingolstadt (ots)
- Freundin von Fürst Albert II. mit Audi TT Coupé
- Weltklasseschwimmerin sicher in Monte Carlo unterwegs

Das Audi TT Coupé ist das beliebteste Auto in Deutschland. Und er ist das "2007 World Car Design of the Year". Auch im mondänen Monte Carlo steht der Audi TT hoch im Kurs. Charlène Wittstock, südafrikanische Weltklasseschwimmerin und Freundin von Fürst Albert II. von Monaco, fährt ab sofort ein brillantschwarzes TT Coupé 3.2 quattro. So macht sie nicht nur im Wasser eine gute Figur: "Jeder, der die engen Straßen und Steigungen in Monaco kennt, weiß, wie viel Spaß hier das Autofahren macht. Ich freue mich sehr auf den quattro Antrieb mit 250 PS." Dynamik pur bei Leistung und Performance. Eigenschaften, die genauso für die Olympischen Sommerspiele in Peking2008 interessant werden, wenn Charlène Wittstock im Schwimmbecken wieder um Medaillen kämpft.

Pressekontakt:Kommunikation LifestyleLarissa Braun, Tel +49 (0)841 89 54184, larissa.braun@audi.deFotos und Informationen erhalten Sie unter www.audi-mediaservices.com.Für den Zugang bis zum 20.05. benutzen Sie bitte:Benutzername: audims020, Kennwort: lvnpac8

Last edited:

Charlene right now sells magazines. Trust me, Bunte, Point de Vue and Gala (and a few others) would not keep putting her and Albert on their covers if they didn't sell. They are a business entity, not relationships experts as we claim to be.:D

I don't think Albert is everyone's favorite boyfriend. Somone of us are actually in satisfying, loving, and respectable relationships with men that cherish us and treat us like we are queens (which HSH Prince Albert can't never make us a queen :)), so that's why we know the difference between a respectful loving relationship from the trash we see before us. I wholeheartedly agree that Albert should know better, but he seems to be oblivious and staisfied the way things are. I am harder on Charlene, because Albert seems to be in charge and calling the shots. Charlene seems to have placed her life at the beck and call of Albert hoping for that ultimate payoff as others had hoped before her.

Hi MyAdia,
I wasn't taking aim at you, but making fun of all of us at large, myself included. I mean we do waste a lot of time commenting on Albert, reading & participating on these threads, so for what ever reason I cannot still figure out, why we seem driven to post on these boards. However, I do not purchase the magazines mentioned above, even though they are available If i had that much interest. Nor do i know a soul who would purchase one?

I don't think the general population gives a hoot about Albert not in the U.S. anyway, or nor do any of my friends I have that reside in other countries? Charlene does not get bad press, she gets no press! And if he married her it would remain the same & the same with Albert. I think you underestimate the general public, she is of no interest to them (she is like many other wanna-bes- she is transparent). The people I am actually talking about are people that should matter to Albert. Not people who buy or read royalty tabloids or even write on these boards. I am talking about people in the political arena, or people that are interested in doing business with Monaco. Is this a guy they could take serious. She certainly is not a draw for tourism to Monaco or would ever be? Like I said, it would be like seating a bimbo next to Bill Clinton right after the Monico affair? I don't understand why he would risk his reputation & why he wouldn't want to appear to be a man & keep his private life private. What ever attention he garnishes is bad attention by dragging these women out in public. Only a schoolboy would think dragging his girlfriend in public would be fun or appropriate. He should be embarrassed that he is giving fodder to those royal magazines. Seriously, how important to Monaco are those people that read those tabloids? Maybe I live in a different world, but i am in the Entertainment Industry even & Charlene is would never be anything here but a joke & Albert for dating & promoting her. I just do not see how she is good in anyway for his reputation. We have a lot of white, blond, pretty child bearing age here in L.A., some not very suitable even for Hollywood standards, but they come from rich families where the can sustain there own public image they choose to show, but it doesn't keep people from applauding when thee end up in jail. I just think she is a non story, why parade around with her and take away an image that he might actually be a man. JMO

Hi MyAdia,
I wasn't taking aim at you, but making fun of all of us at large, myself included. I mean we do waste a lot of time commenting on Albert, reading & participating on these threads, so for what ever reason I cannot still figure out, why we seem driven to post on these boards. However, I do not purchase the magazines mentioned above, even though they are available If i had that much interest. Nor do i know a soul who would purchase one?

I don't think the general population gives a hoot about Albert not in the U.S. anyway, or nor do any of my friends I have that reside in other countries? Charlene does not get bad press, she gets no press! And if he married her it would remain the same & the same with Albert. I think you underestimate the general public, she is of no interest to them (she is like many other wanna-bes- she is transparent). The people I am actually talking about are people that should matter to Albert. Not people who buy or read royalty tabloids or even write on these boards. I am talking about people in the political arena, or people that are interested in doing business with Monaco. Is this a guy they could take serious. She certainly is not a draw for tourism to Monaco or would ever be? Like I said, it would be like seating a bimbo next to Bill Clinton right after the Monico affair? I don't understand why he would risk his reputation & why he wouldn't want to appear to be a man & keep his private life private. What ever attention he garnishes is bad attention by dragging these women out in public. Only a schoolboy would think dragging his girlfriend in public would be fun or appropriate. He should be embarrassed that he is giving fodder to those royal magazines. Seriously, how important to Monaco are those people that read those tabloids? Maybe I live in a different world, but i am in the Entertainment Industry even & Charlene is would never be anything here but a joke & Albert for dating & promoting her. I just do not see how she is good in anyway for his reputation. We have a lot of white, blond, pretty child bearing age here in L.A., some not very suitable even for Hollywood standards, but they come from rich families where the can sustain there own public image they choose to show, but it doesn't keep people from applauding when thee end up in jail. I just think she is a non story, why parade around with her and take away an image that he might actually be a man. JMO

Exactly, He's not making any of the serious business magazines because he is too busy trying to be a celebrity instead of a statesmen and parading the current girlfriend around is not helping. I enjoy Monaco when I visit although I tend to stay elsewhere and "visit" for the day or for certain events. But I also admired Grace which is why I post on this board. It makes me sad to see what has become of Monaco in the two years since Albert took over. It is my sincere hope that the girlfriend goes away in one form or another and Albert starts to take his job seriously so that we can discuss Monaco other than what goes on in the tabloids.

Hi MyAdia,

Ok, I duplicated my post when my neighbor knocked on my door, I'm sorry I didn't know I had sent it, so the first paragraph may be a duplicate & the post is just my rant & not dirrected at you. I thought this was the best wat to remedy the altered post.

Oh I agree, I don't feel sorry for Charlene! But Albert has more to lose, as Charlene cares nothing about her reputation, she is going for a PRINCESS TITLE, at any cost to either one of them (she should be careful for what she wishes for). But Charlene is there at the invitation of Albert, which makes me think he cares nothing of his reputation?

Just as you & paca mentioned, trying to promote an obvious commercial image, this alone should keep her from ever being a contender for what we expect her goal to be? Very bad taste, you would think that would be the last thing he would want for either of them?

I do not feel sorry for women who conjure up fantasies in their head about what their relationship is. The last media qip by her, if it is to be believed, mentions she does not know where she stands in the relationship? This proves what a child she is. It's her relationship, she should know what the relationship is, if she is any kind of a woman.

I do not feel sorry for women who believe just because they set their sights on a man, that they can will a relationship or marraige, especially when the woman is only superficially interested in the man anyway. They are only interested in what they can imagine as a lifestyle - They do not care if the man has, or reciprocates any feelings for them, because they have no real feelings for the man. Then, they make out they are victims?? Because it did not turn out like they hoped or imagined in their own silly minds. Grow up! and stop trying to manipulate yourself into a relationship that does not exist.

This is the very reason Albert needs to keep his relationships private, you do not know how serious the relationship is, until you go through the process & doing it in public does not do anyone any favors? I certainly do not think Albert owes Charlene anything, she seems happy to flaunt the relationship in the public from the beginning when it was not wise for her to do so, (Yacht girl?) And Albert also risk looking like a cad? , I seriously doubt he was making her promises at that time. That should have shown Charlene why she might have wanted to keep their relationship private. Just because Charlene wants an exclusive relationship, doesn't mean Albert promised it, from what one hears, that is rather doubtful?

Anyway, my rant was not directed at you! MyAdia. I was just going with the flow! Sorry for the much too lengthy post! Even worse I didn't realize I had posted this before correcting.

Last edited:
...But I also admired Grace which is why I post on this board.

Actually, I think that is why most of us do!

I had to ask myself why I had an interest here and the reason was Grace, not just the glam actress, but what Grace as a person brought to Monaco!

my 2 cents

i think charlene shows versatility.

swimmer, model, she is flexible and she does bring her own unique gifts to the table. right? yes, i know sometimes i like her sometimes not.

i had a chance to think about it (not that anything i think matters anyway), but since i looked at the articles i like that she seems tough minded and she needs to be if she's in the limelight in any way along side PA. i mean, i know that sometimes we (including me) can get too harsh, but who does it reflect? He likes her well enough for her to be there and accompany him so what does it matter.

charlene is entitled to lifes happiness like anyone else. princess or not. i've not been so nice in my comments before, but i'm starting to like her. imo, she deserves a chance.

and if she gets to the required meets (i hope she does), I hope she is able to swim her best to make the SA olympic team :) (she would need at least that kind of moral support as an athlete, i think regardless anything else). being a competitive swimmer has been a large part of her life, even though her olympics was a while ago, she still went. that is huge for anyone.

Albert is in a real position to assist her and support her in a transition or at least this piece of transition in her career from swimming (princess or not). i think it's great. he should. i hope it works.

she is uniquely charlene and no one else. if albert marries her, that is who he wants and then i wish both of them happiness. :flowers:

JMO:princess:

Last edited:
I don't think the general population gives a hoot about Albert not in the U.S. anyway, or nor do any of my friends I have that reside in other countries? Charlene does not get bad press, she gets no press! And if he married her it would remain the same & the same with Albert. I think you underestimate the general public, she is of no interest to them (she is like many other wanna-bes- she is transparent).
I agree, thus far the U.S. media has shown no interest in this love story as the European tabloid/royalty media has. I had the opportunity to hear Queen Rania speak this past spring when she came to the U.S. She was absolutely mesmerizng and spectacular! Posters who tend to heavily focus on her attire have truly done her an injustice. People from various backgrounds, many influential, came to hear her speak and were equally moved. Her speech was inspiring, personal, and funny. She spoke amazingly without reading from a paper. She answered questions afterward and it was evident that knew that she knew what she was talking about. Afterward, I attended a dinner where we continued discussing her speech. She is proof that when you have lofty goals that you want to achieve, as Albert stated in his investiture speech, having the "right" spouse is a valuable asset.
The people I am actually talking about are people that should matter to Albert. Not people who buy or read royalty tabloids or even write on these boards. I am talking about people in the political arena, or people that are interested in doing business with Monaco. Is this a guy they could take serious. She certainly is not a draw for tourism to Monaco or would ever be?
Do people take him seriously? I don’t know. I would assume those who want to do business in Monaco do. Albert has attended and actively participated in various types of conferences, including sports, business, financial, and social. But, does anyone know how influential he is – he is known but do people care what he has to say? A small indication might be at the press conference where Albert presents his new foundation and its missions and goals 9right after the pictures appeared of their New Years ski trip), but instead the media bombarded him with questions about Charlene and those were the statements that were mostly published by the press. I on this board and on the former RB, tried to present all of his duties, including his speeches. I get perturbed when people easily dismiss his duties or rather discuss them in terms of Charlene. But, I realize now that Albert’s words and his actions are a contradiction. So, it is rather difficult to place credence in his words.
Only a schoolboy would think dragging his girlfriend in public would be fun or appropriate. He should be embarrassed that he is giving fodder to those royal magazines. Seriously, how important to Monaco are those people that read those tabloids? Maybe I live in a different world, but i am in the Entertainment Industry even & Charlene is would never be anything here but a joke & Albert for dating & promoting her.
Well, some of the European tabloids would disagree with you; they are quite taken by the image of Charlene. Bunte’s latest article on Charlene & Albert is truly different than any article that I've read from them about this couple. Their tone is really one of indignation that Albert hasn’t announced an engagement to Charlene yet. In the article, it states what is Charlene’s parents going to think when they hear Albert’s statements in the Paris Match interview that he hasn’t any plans to marry their daughter yet – will they think that Albert is playing games with their daughter since his actions seems to portray that he is presenting and preparing Charlene as his future Princess? Bunte is under the impression that Albert’s recent statement is a ruse to keep the press away and protect Charlene (clearly they haven’t seen her Audi ad or Park Avenue fashion shoot - but, I’m sure they have). In my opinion, Albert will always say he has no plans to marry yet until he announces an engagement. Who in the world expects him to announce such a thing beforehand. But, his recent statements are much less harsher to Charlene and more considerate than his marriage statements last summer. However, you are correct that the more serious European publications haven’t written about this so called “love couple.”
I just do not see how she is good in anyway for his reputation...I just think she is a non story, why parade around with her and take away an image that he might actually be a man. JMO
As I remove the rose colored-glasses that I have about Albert’s spoken words (especially his investiture speech where he wants Monaco to represent a model society and he quotes the likes of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King) and I view his reputation by his actions, then honestly, Charlene is in line with his reputation. I will quote what a former RBer , Emmanuel, eloquently wrote about Albert. Unfortunately unlike Emmanuel, I am still interested in the ending of this saga. I am still hoping that Albert’s actions will truly match his words. But, I need to take a break and complete a project. I know some are wondering what’s going to happen at the Red Cross gala, but does it really matter? Can you really tell what’s going on in their lives by viewing what they put on display for the public? Everyone will read what he or she wants into the pictures to match their already formed beliefs.
The gentle lady in question is not at all the issue; the lifestyle in the background that he has selected her to distract attention from is what matters. By choosing such behavior, Prince Albert has made himself irrelevant. The dissonance between his personal choices and his stated aim to provide moral leadership to the world can not, will not be ignored. Only the man himself will be ignored by right-thinking people. He has put himself in a light where he will be tolerated in the circles that matter, frankly, only because his birth gave him access to wealth; but he will not be held in any high esteem as an individual now or ever, and no one will pay attention to his words. His choices and actions make it obvious his words about ethics and noble aspirations are just for show and are not backed up by any personal striving towards greatness. People will simply line up for him to hand over the cash to the causes, which is all his affliction leaves him capable of doing.

Prince Albert has shown by his choices that he is not worth my interest or time.

This is my last post and last visit to this or any forum to read anything about this man.

Let's stay on topic please. As we've said before, ANY off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Thanks

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

Prince Albert has shown by his choices that he is not worth my interest or time.

This is my last post and last visit to this or any forum to read anything about this man.
i have to agree and i know that im not anyone special but its like they are stuck in stupid and until this matter is settle one way or the other im done.
i would rather read about smart people who do interesting things(imo) than this whole mess

i have to agree and i know that im not anyone special but its like they are stuck in stupid and until this matter is settle one way or the other im done.
i would rather read about smart people who do interesting things(imo) than this whole mess

I think a lot of us have long reached this point, there are far more interesting people out there in the world. I feel silly that I have already invested way too much time & interest to this subject. But, I think since Albert took over as the new Monarch, we were all curious how he would handle it. I am interested to see who attends the Red Cross Ball & then I will bow out. Before Curiosity Kills the Cat.

MyAdia,
I liked the last quote in your post, you are the research Queen! Actually I liked your whole post, but in my post you will notice I said in my world, the entertainment Industry here. (those magazines are in the business to sell those magazines) Also, I was asking, will the people that do business in Monaco continue to do business in Monaco? If Monaco losses its allure & Albert loses his respect. Although, I think people may be able to separate Albert's business sense from what seems to be his emotional immaturity. But a lot of people like to do business with people & places they respect, which reflects on their own business. Monaco, is not the only game in town with the same private banking/tax benifits. Only time will tell if Monaco can continue with it's economic history & Albert might keep that respect for Monaco that his father provided. I guess people will find out just what this couple can do for Monaco, if they decide to take it to a more serious level?

(Thanks for the photo's you have provided on the other threads, loved the larger pictures of Henry & Albert smiling)

Last edited:

You are right! With Monaco and PA it is the same story over and over again. I am becoming tired/bored with them (PA&Charlene) and there party here, pary there. To much talking, no substance....
I have been in Monaco dozen of times and have seen everything that has to be seen there. I can easily live with out going there again or following PA's circus.
Anyway, as Sansla had said I am curious to see the next ball pictures too. After that who knows......

Last edited:
You are right! With Monaco and PA it is the same story over and over again. I am becoming tired/bored with them (PA&Charlene) and there party here, pary there. To much talking, no substance....
I have been in Monaco dozen of times and have seen everything that has to be seen there. I can easily live with out going there again or following PA's circus.
Anyway, as Sansla had said I am curious to see the next ball pictures too. After that who knows......
Worse, than it!!!! The telegram wrote an article: " the prince takes regularly the powder of escampette because he misses farm on his rock. "And" Even princess Carooline worries about the kid brother who granted to go out, from time to time for the photographers, the beautiful South African Charlène to the stature of Goldorak "
Le Télégramme - Commentaires - La Lettre de Roxane. A chacun ses « affaires »
lckc571

I, too, am quite "over" this relationship and any discussion thereof. If he's so shallow and unable to see what type of woman he really needs ... well, then, he deserves someone like Charlene. Good luck to them both -- they will both need it!

An unfair comment? Sorry, folks, but I don't think so. He knows who he is ... he's NOT a normal guy that has the luxury of just going around town within whomever he pleases. He's an almost 50-year-old man who inherited one of throne of one of Europe's oldest monarchies. He's not running the neighborhood saloon!

I will do my best to not post to this thread as long as this "relationship" continues and/or comes to a natural conclusion.

The end!:neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom