Albert & Charlene: The Engagement Interview

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Charlene is lovely. I cannot think why she is so scorned, not that it matters.

Let's think back to when Grace first lived in Monaco - she wasn't treated very well, but with the passing of time she became the Principality's greatest asset !

My first impression was how badly Albert gives interviews.
He is so nervous and doesn't know what to say. He (I hope I get this word right) stammers and is looking for the right words.
This man is 53 and used to talk to the press and does it so unprofessionally :ermm:
Charlene does pretty well!

I understand that the stammer goes back to his childhood. Rainier had three children, but all the emphasis and pressure seemed to rest on Albert.

That explains it, mostly.
But he seems so uncomfortable and unprofessional. It's so unusual for a Prince.
Even William or Harry are much more relaxed and they have every reason to hate the press :whistling:
Charlene is improving. It looks like she wants to say more but is afraid to make mistakes infront of the camera.

As usual CW fans have to underminde the Grimaldi family in order to disguise CW hopeless speaking abilities. PA has given interviews for decades and he has always been restless, I wouldn´t even say nervous. It is him the one who has improved and who can give interviews in prefect English as well.
Now, CW is improving in what, if you mind telling me? I have listened her repeat the same studied-by-heart 5 or 6 sentences, and in a couple of interviews she kept looking at him like "does it make sense"?

That explains it, mostly.
But he seems so uncomfortable and unprofessional. It's so unusual for a Prince.
Even William or Harry are much more relaxed and they have every reason to hate the press :whistling:
Charlene is improving. It looks like she wants to say more but is afraid to make mistakes infront of the camera.
I said this a few years ago. My brother in law and nephew both have Tourette syndrome and Albert shows the same signs. If you watch him he fidgets, and almost always moves his head to his left shoulder and the facial expressions when talking almost match my brother in law. Between 1 and 10 children per 1,000 have Tourette's. The most common tics are eye blinking, coughing, throat clearing, sniffing, and the facial movements I mentioned. If the symptoms are mild they can be misdiagnosed. It can also be inherited as in the case with my nephew and no one else in the family has it. Renata is also correct he has had the stammering problem since he was a child.

It is well known that PA has always been a stutterer. He is doing well considering his speech impediment. He is going through exactly the same thing as King George did. Let's give him a break on that.

It is well known that PA has always been a stutterer. He is doing well considering his speech impediment. He is going through exactly the same thing as King George did. Let's give him a break on that.
I had no idea he had these problems. I just thought he was nervous.:whistling:

I don't think anyone would condemn him for having a speech problem.

But I've always felt that the wrong sibling was enthroned.
Caroline would have been an excellent Sovereign Princess.

But that's water under the bridge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom