A Wife for Albert part III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
English Rose said:
No I really DON'T think that PA has a mistress or secret love, and that's what I was trying to say in my last post- sorry if I wasn't too clear. I actually think it is in the best interest of Monaco for Albert never to marry based on the women he has been involved with in the past and who he is dating now. In some ways I personally think it would have been better for the throne of Monaco to have been given directly to Princess Caroline, when she was born.
I agree. Caroline has a great head on her shoulders. So does Albert, but he has some personal skeletons in the closet, as it has turned out, what with Nicole and lord knows who else. He must have had a colorful private life over the past three decades, you have to wonder what else is in that closet of his.
I also think that we probably shouldn't be too worried he's going to marry. If he hasn't so far, why would he get hitched now? Of course, time will tell.

One more thing: it wouldn't be a bad thing if he married Anna Bond. but if I were her, I'd rather run for the hills than being buried, like poor Grace was, in Monaco.

paca said:
No decent, selfrespecting woman would put up with being stashed away, while he makes a fool of himself in public. A woman would have to be a devout masochist in order to do that. I believe at present CW is the only woman in the GF position.

Remember three people by the name of Camilla, Princess Diana and Prince Charles...and Charles was married! They divorced in this end though. This is not the thread to bring all that up; I simply want to state that "never say never". Anything is possible in Prince Albert's/royal life... make that life in general.;) Honestly, I have ceased been shocked or surprised at anything the royals do... We've seen just about every scandal and unimaginable situations through the centuries. Which brings me to make another point about Charlene. If Prince Albert did end up marrying Charlene would it be so much of a tradgedy? There are worse things that have happened to Kingdoms.

Last edited:
I think PR gave the responsibility to the right sibling, PA. I agree PC is very loyal, intelligent and business oriented. She also has that upper crusted flair about her. But I think PA is better suited for the job. He has been groomed since a very early age.

The Grimaldi sisters have had their share of tabloid gossip it is just PA got his in the latter years. So people tend to remember his scandals more than his sisters.

In my opinion, PA is very down to earth and friendly. He sometimes forgets his lineage and this is where the problem begins especially in his personal relationships. Some women believe dating a real Prince is a fairy tale experience. All they see is the palace, gowns, jewelry, the social life/status etc. They forget about the real man behind the mask. So until PA finds this special woman who believes all gold is not glitter and truly wants to support him unconditionally, he will remain single.

Of course this is only my opinion and I am not dishonoring CW, she might be the one. We just have to be patient. :)

Yes, I remember the days when it was Caroline and Stefanie who were always in the tabloids with controversies. And Albert was so quiet and kept to himself and you never heard anything bad about him. But now poor Albert seems to be making up for lost time. ;)
I agree that Caroline seems in some ways more suitable to be the heir, but really, she seems to prefer raising her family. Actually, she has the best of both worlds... she gets the prestige of acting as first lady of Monaco and participating in events here and there, without the huge responsibility of running the principality.

...After the Gala I remembered about the one thing. Many many years ago one magazine or newspaper published the computer variant of the possible PA' bride. It was a slim blond with blue eyes created by computer from all women types PA have ever met. That was presented as an ideal variant of the woman appearance he is looking for. If I rememeber correctly she really reminded today's Charlene. What if someone could find that old issue, it would be interesting to compare ;)

Last edited:
One of these days, there would be a miracle in Monaco. Prince Albert will marry a respectable woman not necessarily a celebrity but a woman who loves him for himself. A woman who embraces him with all his faults and qualities. A woman who won't mind accepting Alexandre and who knows Jasmine (if Albert announces one day she's his daughter). I am not saying that woman should look exactly like Princess Grace. However, she should have a je-ne-sais-quoi like the French say who will charm the principality. A kind and generous woman who will work with many charities in Monaco and throughout the globe. A first lady who will represent in the best way possible the Monegasques.
:)

eded said:
One of these days, there would be a miracle in Monaco. Prince Albert will marry a respectable woman not necessarily a celebrity but a woman who loves him for himself. A woman who embraces him with all his faults and qualities. A woman who won't mind accepting Alexandre and who knows Jasmine (if Albert announces one day she's his daughter). I am not saying that woman should look exactly like Princess Grace. However, she should have a je-ne-sais-quoi like the French say who will charm the principality. A kind and generous woman who will work with many charities in Monaco and throughout the globe. A first lady who will represent in the best way possible the Monegasques.

well said, I agree with that. But somehow I don't see the actual PA's girlfriend being HSH the Princess of Monaco...we'll see. And I got used to this not-married Prince, it would be so strange to see him married :) , although life as a single (even when you are PA of Monaco) must be sad sometimes. He should have someone by his side. But it is only an opinion...

eded said:

Eded, something familiar I hear in your first words...Melodious intonation...:) Have you ever read "Crimson Sails" by Alexander Grin (my favourite fairy tale)? If not, read it, I believe you will love it :rolleyes:

Prince Albert needs to stand up and either get married or start plans for Caroline children. First he need to stop farthering child , he knows that he will and can not be a father to. I do not understand him at all.

AquaMarine said:

Eded, something familiar I hear in your first words...Melodious intonation...:) Have you ever read "Crimson Sails" by Alexander Grin (my favourite fairy tale)? If not, read it, I believe you will love it :rolleyes:

I must admit I am very romantic and want to be optimistic for Prince Albert. According to you, my words are monotonous but we all saw that he waited for so long for this significant other. You can't wait for a long period of time and then by a sudden desperation, you marry the next person available at the moment. I, myself, didn't date for 13 years because I am still waiting for my soulmate. The only difference is unlike Prince Albert, I prefer to be alone than settle for second best. Thanks AquaMarine, for recommending "Crimson Sails". I can't wait to read it.

Last edited:
Wow what fantastic reading, you folks. But weren't you impressed with the continuous smitten behavior of PA beginning with the return to Africa the next week after the Olympics? The big bear hug kiss on first arrival in the islands ? The proud way he brought her on to the boat on his b/d?

She could really be everything that needed of her. I think its just her blustery, competetive manner, which he apparently likes or certainly accepts. She might very well be his outspoken spokesman in the relationship. She can be successful but probably not very popular. But wouldn't you imagine she can READ and knows she has to let this other women know who's in charge, probably of his heart. What's wrong with that if he's happy?

eded said:

I couldn't agree more - I just hope he's smart enough to know the difference. He seems like an awfully lonely guy to date the women he does - I hope he doesn't give in to it.

What Prince Albert (and Monaco) needs is a beautiful, elegant, well educated, discreet woman in the 30-45 age range who would accept Albert's past discrepancies and be an asset rather than a problem. But instead the women who he attracts/ is attracted to are the complete opposite. Hmm I wonder where he could find someone like that? In the mean time I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't suddenly announce he's going to marry Charlene Whittstock. Could you imagine Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco? (eck)

IMO, any woman willing to accept PA is a candidate for sainthood. And she needn't to be beautiful or elegant, not well educated and definitely not discreet.:D

Incas said:
IMO, any woman willing to accept PA is a candidate for sainthood. And she needn't to be beautiful or elegant, not well educated and definitely not discreet.:D

What makes me so sad is that as a result of all of these paternity claims and the way he has been cavorting with Charlene, is that even if Albert should find someone whose bearing and dignity more closely resembles that of his mother, she would most definitely have to consider a proposal from him very carefully. It's almost as if now that so many of his personal failings/flaws have been revealed, he has to settle for somone like Charlene who is probably so awed by the trappings of being with the Prince of Monaco, she can't separate them from Albert Grimaldi, the man. And if she claims she can, she is probably only deluding herself.

pinklady1991 said:
What makes me so sad is that as a result of all of these paternity claims and the way he has been cavorting with Charlene, is that even if Albert should find someone whose bearing and dignity more closely resembles that of his mother, she would most definitely have to consider a proposal from him very carefully. It's almost as if now that so many of his personal failings/flaws have been revealed, he has to settle for somone like Charlene who is probably so awed by the trappings of being with the Prince of Monaco, she can't separate them from Albert Grimaldi, the man. And if she claims she can, she is probably only deluding herself.

Nobody is perfect but when your are a head of state, you should be more careful with the woman you date. Everybody has the right to entertainment but when it clouds your judgment, then there's a problem. Prince Albert's royal status harmed him more than anything because I'm sure women throw themselves at him because of his title. The majority of men can't resist every woman who jumps on them. He also has the tendency of choosing any unsuitable woman maybe because he is afraid of rejection. Therefore he prefers to be with the one who are too happy to be in his company. Men sometimes don't want to be challenged especially when it comes to ladies. I still believe he will find a lady, the one he and Monaco needs and trusts. She has to be very patient with him and understanding. She has to cuddle him because we all know that men can be babies. I am sure if Prince Albert finds this woman, he will remain faithful to her.

Last edited:
Given the recent events, PA does not need a wife he needs a good hard shake or a slap in the face or maybe both. Only to wake him up. :mad:

He needed to wake up a long time ago. I really do not understand what is wrong with him. I really wonder how many more children he a fathered around the world.

Apologies, but what he needs to do, is to grow up!

Sometimes in life before making a big decision like marriage, you have to go through ordeals before the rude awakening. I am pretty certain that's already happening with Prince Albert: Women who betrayed him or used him, illegitimate children, carelessness of his part, etc. I hope he pray to God to intervene on his behalf: giving him more wisdom and a wife. We all heard stories when people were guided by The Almighty to find their spouse.

He doent deserve a wife. I can only feel sorry for the poor woman if he marries at all. I think Caroline and her children should take over the guardiance of Monarco.

betina said:
He doent deserve a wife. I can only feel sorry for the poor woman if he marries at all. I think Caroline and her children should take over the guardiance of Monarco.

Please have pity on his soul. There are few world leaders in the past and present who were married but had done worse than Prince Albert. They were able to hide their flaws and were very lucky that nobody found their dirty secrets. Most of the time it's after their death, that the public discovers their true nature. At least, Prince Albert is trying to be honest with himself. Therefore he deserves a wife as any man.:rolleyes:

Hi All

This is my first post. I've been lurking off and on here for a while and finally have the time to read and post. Boy, have I been out of the loop. I've missed everything lately. I don't really have an opinion on what's going on here but I am disappointed in his behavior. I don't have enough information on Charlene to know if I like her or not. But if she marries him, I hope she knows what she is getting herself into.

eded said:
Please have pity on his soul. There are few world leaders in the past and present who were married but had done worse than Prince Albert. They were able to hide their flaws and were very lucky that nobody found their dirty secrets. Most of the time it's after their death, that the public discovers their true nature. At least, Prince Albert is trying to be honest with himself. Therefore he deserves a wife as any man.:rolleyes:

I agree. Albert is human and subject to all human frailties. No one is perfect, and I can only imagine how anyone could live a perfect, spotless life with such a high profile and pressure on every front.

PA is not less human than anyone else, and it is true, lots of other men and woman in high positions do all sort of things, but no one knows about so there are no comments on their actions.

There are plenty of women who would marry Albert. He will marry if that is what he chooses to do.

Lillia said:
I agree. Albert is human and subject to all human frailties. No one is perfect, and I can only imagine how anyone could live a perfect, spotless life with such a high profile and pressure on every front.
PA is not less human than anyone else, and it is true, lots of other men and woman in high positions do all sort of things, but no one knows about so there are no comments on their actions.
There are plenty of women who would marry Albert. He will marry if that is what he chooses to do.

I agree that no one is perfect! :) Frankly speaking, what's so shocking in the new PA' child? These news were expected. PA' children may create some problems when they come of age, not now. Besides, I think that 50% of men on the planet have illegitimate childs, but no so many of them even know about their paternity and majority of them aren't wealthy so that to be claimed for money.
I am just worrying about the Jasmin' future. The label of "American Princess" will become rooted to her and for the most part will attract scoundrels and adventurers...

AquaMarine said:
I agree that no one is perfect! :) Frankly speaking, what's so shocking in the new PA' child? These news were expected. PA' children may create some problems when they come of age, not now. Besides, I think that 50% of men on the planet have illegitimate childs, but no so many of them even know about their paternity and majority of them aren't wealthy so that to be claimed for money.
I am just worrying about the Jasmin' future. The label of "American Princess" will become rooted to her and for the most part will attract scoundrels and adventurers...

I agree with everything you said AquaMarine. At least Albert is in a position to really help his 2 children financially and socially. He's not the first man to have children without being married to the mother (intended or not). Women literally spread themselves out in front of him all the time. These women have no concern for their own families with behavior like that. What about the husbands of the women who do things like that? TR and NC knew that they were married when they took up with Albert. NC had no problem with it and TR either. She was on holiday with her husband who I'm sure had no idea of his dear wife's chance meeting w/Albert whilst on their vacation. I wonder if either of these women told Albert from the beginning 'No, I'm married and I have a family.' Obviously these women could not have cared less about their own marital and family status. It was not important to them.

Albert is a grown man, he's almost 50 years old and he has a past. So what. Who doesn't? In terms of being a male and a human being, is he unlike the other 100 billion men on this planet?

If Charlene is the one he wants <<:eek:>> then good for him.

Last edited:
Personally, I would be much more worried if any would show up after he got married and clearly conceived while being married. I think his children should not pose any problem to any future wife, especially if she knew of them before getting hitched. As long as she knows the truth and accepts to get married anyway, then IMO everyting is fine. Men his age are bound to have some sort of history and the woman he will eventually marry, will probably have one of her own to add. To be quite honest, the news about the kids is fine with me, the media making CW into the next PG worries me far more.

That makes really good sense, paca. But the media is bound to spin any current 'girlfirend' story around on him and CW does not seem reserved on giving them reasons for it. He has not complained either, I would guess he has other things to think about and he's used to all that 'noise' about his companions. I think he could do much better than her too actually, but that's all his own business.:p

This is Simona Tagli, an Italian showgirl PA used to date some years ago (olycom)

LadyMacAlpine said:
If Albert stays with protocol someone will have to approach the woman he wants to ask to learn the answer. If she said no to whoever spoke to her than he wouldn't ask. Grace was asked before Rainier asked her. Pinklady is correct on the dowry Albert isn't staying with tradition really and might not require one.

I'm surprised by this protocol thing. It seems so ancient that I'm not sure if this would still apply. But, I believe and have no proof but I hope that he has to ask himself if he wants to have sex with a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom