A Wife for Albert part III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that not everything BUNTE says is right... And I never was part of this speculation thing about Charlene and Albert... All I want to do is to make clear that if some people here want to quote BUNTE articles they should do it right, because most things I have read in this thread is, sorry I have to say that, is nonsense....

I think it would be best if everyone here would calm down and waits what happens.....

Last edited:
MyAdia said:
Can one assume that what Bunte print is fact? When do you know if it is fact, speculation, or rumor? I am not familiar with European magazines, but what caliber of magazine is Bunte and Paris Match magazine? For instance, In America I would be more inclined to believe something published in Time or Newsweek as opposed to The Enquirer or The Star ( 2 tabloids).

Mya
Bunte does print rumours, whereas PM tends to stick with what they can actually proof. They didn't publish anything about NC until they had proof, although rumours had been circulating before. Bunte took over from PM (they actually do print very often trasnlations of interviews previously printed in PM, especially when it concerns MC, so they seem to have some sort of cooperation going on there and German Focus tends to pick up on Bunte stories to add credibility to them - good teamwork of a journalist couple;) ) and everything else went from there.

By tbhrc All I want to do is to make clear that if some people here want to quote BUNTE articles they should do it right, because most things I have read in this thread is, sorry I have to say that, is nonsense...

tbhrc,

from what I see, most of what is on this tread (ie.. CW's grandma's interview, CW dad interview, her french lessons, catholic conversion) all comes from BUNTE

Are you saying that the magazine is not a credible magazine and if we see something in it that we think would be interesting to posters here, that we should not post it and assume it is BS?
I don't know, I've never seen the magazine. But as MyAdia said there are tabloids like that in the US that I would NEVER beleive. You are in Europe, is this one of those magazines we should just ignore?

I'd like to know

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell you if that what BUNTE is saying is true or not, I don't know their sources... It's fun to read, that's it.... You all should not take it that serious... I can tell you that I havn't heard anything from the palace and that is what counts to me... So all the speculations of an engagemant or wedding are nonsense to me, because I will only belive what the palace or Prince Albert's lawyers are saying.

paca said:
I don't think tha anyone here has in interest in destroying his image and credibility. I think he is doing this just fine by himself;) . I think, at least from what I have read between the lines, that his advisors would rather see someone else at his side, someone more respectable. In order to advise someone, you would have to have someone to listen to you and I suspect that PA does not consider this a matter where he would need anyones advise. (just as Rainier turned a deaf ear to some of his adviors - or made them too scared to speak their mind)
As to all these interviews coming out, I think that is all done on their own account. They probably think that considering his age PA will not be looking around much longer and since CW is still in the age group to bear children, she might have a good chance to grab him. They seem to forget that he has been dating the same sort of women before and hasn't settled with any of them. We don't know whether it was always Rainier meddling in it and refusing the GF or whether PA just took what he wanted and moved on when he got bored. PA can still father children when he is 80, so in that respect he wouldn't need to worry about finding a bride. He can take all the time he wants and needs. People (including the Wittstocks) seem to forget that. Also PA meets a lot of people every day. Who knows, maybe he will have "the one" standing right in front of him, when neither of them expects it and he will drop everyone else like hot potatoes. Stranger things have happened. And in the mean time he just takes what others are willing to give him (hey he is just a man and I don't know any man who would refuse a woman who gives herself that easily - unless they are deeply in love with someone else). So IMO it is not over until he has marched down the aisle, and it looks to me as though the Wittstocks are doing everything to stop him from doing it with their daughter (if she had a chance in the first place).
Paca The palace are not saying any thing,All the magazine are runing the same story yet there is no denial from the palace with letize sister they came out and made a statement which to me at the time i felt PA and his people were being very silly to even respond it was such a small artical now my take on that is CW was around and PA did that for her.What the people of monaco think of her do they like her because if they do that is what count.I will like to add this all the family are runing their mouth all over the place that tell you what kind of family she is from when a child leave home at 17 that mean things are pretty bad, not a stable home. I mean bad to the point any place better than home.

Last edited:
"With his playboy lifestyle, however, the affable Albert may not be the most appropriate mentor."

LMAO

All of her family talks to the press (though I do make allowances for granny who might not have been aware who she was talking to), she gives a detailed account of her meeting with PA, whereas PA has been all these years very protective about his private life.

That's blowing my mind as well. But I do think that he's going to marry CW, so this media hoo-haw is being done with permission.

And if she gets dumped, contrary to all expectations from herself and her family, you can get your money ready for th book she will have someone write to tell HER story....

Is there a European (or South African) equivalent of Jerry Springer? If this doesn't pan out, I'm betting she'll hit the talk show circuit and then publish a book. It'll be how others interferred with her relationship with the Prince - everyone was out to get her, etc... :D

Everytime I read about this "couple" Princess Michael's comments about Princess Diana being a "womb" come to mind.

pama said:
Paca The palace are not saying any thing,All the magazine are runing the same story yet there is no denial from the palace with letize sister they came out and made a statement which to me at the time i felt PA and his people were being very silly to even respond it was such a small artical now my take on that is CW was around and PA did that for her.What the people of monaco think of her do they like her because if they do that is what count.I will like to add this all the family are runing their mouth all over the place that tell you what kind of family she is from when a child leave home at 17 that mean things are pretty bad, not a stable home. I mean bad to the point any place better than home.

Before more rumors get starting about the type of home life Charlene had, I am going to post the except from the Paris Match interview that mentions her leaving home at 17 (in context). The translation is mine, so please correct if needed.

PM : Etes-vous proche de vos parents ?
CW : J’ai pris ma vie en main très tôt en partout de chez moi vers 17 ans pour rejoindre Durban et Grahm Hill, l’un des meilleurs coachs d’Afrique de Sud. Je voulais être au top dans ma discipline et voyager dans le monde. Mes parents m’y ont encouragée. Ils m’ont toujours soutenue. Mon père m’a même en traînée pendant un moment. Avec moi, ils ont fait ce qu’ils devaient faire : m’aider à être le mieux possible. Jamais ils ne m’ont mis de pression. Ce qui est le meilleur moyen pour qu’un enfant réussisse. J’essaie de me comporter ainsi auprès des enfants défavorisés quand je les forme bénévolement à la natation.

PM: Are you close to your parents?
CW: I took my life in hand very early everywhere from my home at about 17 years old to rejoin Durban and Grahm Hill, one of the best coaches in South Africa. I wanted to be at the top in my discipline and to travel the world. My parents encouraged me there. They always supported me. My father has even trained me for a moment. With me, they did what they had to do: help me to be the best possible. They never put pressure on me. What is the best means so that a child succeeds. I try to act so to the underprivileged children when I train them voluntarily in swimming.

So, she left home to train and it paid off becasue she was in the 2000 Olympics five years later. But, this was in response to the question , are you close to your parents.

Quote by PamaPaca The palace are not saying any thing,All the magazine are runing the same story yet there is no denial from the palace with letize sister they came out and made a statement which to me at the time i felt PA and his people were being very silly to even respond it was such a small artical now my take on that is CW was around and PA did that for her.What the people of monaco think of her do they like her because if they do that is what count
Pama, I agree and I would like to hear Paca's take on this as well.

People say that they are waiting for the palace to speak. But IMO the palace is speaking by being quiet in this particular situation.

What I mean by this is, in the past, the palace has always issued a denial to these types of rumors on a much smaller scale. But in CW's case, all this media hoopla, to the point of utter embarassment for PA and Monaco (ie: photos, CW comments and lack of education, speculations, etc) for almost two months now and the palace has not denied anything about these rumors.

To me, that speaks loud.

If in the past the palace had not always denied such rumors that appeared in magazine, I would not think this, but they have.

Last edited:
MyAdia said:
Before more rumors get starting about the type of home life Charlene had, I am going to post the except from the Paris Match interview...
If I Miss read that Aim sorry But that was not a good respond to me Quate are you close to your parent well I left home at 17 to be train some times you have to read between the line.

Nicole Coste

pama said:
This is sad I feel sorry for NC, More for Alex no amount of money can make Up for knowing your Father did not want you to be born ,this is sad.

Well, I don't feel sorry for her. I think she got exactly what she deserved.
IM glad he dumped her!

MyAdia said:
So, she left home to train and it paid off becasue she was in the 2000 Olympics five years later. But, this was in response to the question , are you close to your parents.

Often elite athletes do leave home (ususally with one parent) to train elsewhere...I'm really only familiar with figure skating but it happens all the time. Also for many elite athletes, the parents are often the source of all the pushing once they get to a certain level; the parents feel they have made huge sacrifices financially & emotionally, so that they see the child's success as their own. Things didn't exactly pan out for Charlene in '00 (fifth place at her peak) or in '04 when she failed to qualify for the Olympic team and maybe pushing this relationship is her parents' way of rationalizing all of thier sacrifice.

Paca...thank you for correcting my translation from German. My command of the language is weak, but I was wondering if I missed some nuance b/c that last line made no sense.

I also agree with Paca's belief that CW & the Wittstock family are offering these interviews on their own and the only magazine that is willing to go out on a limb is Bunte. From what I remember of the PM story on Charlene from late February was that she didn't need Albert's permission to talk to the press. (I will check to see if I still have the issue to confirm.) A website isn't going to change anything...it would be the same kind of information that is found in the magazines. The only thing they could do is stage photo ops at certain charities, etc. to make her seem interested in things other than herself and swimming. Dawn East is pretty shrewd...having family talk to the press about the tangentially about the relationship with Albert gets around CW blabbing and it whets the press' appetite for what will probably be more of a circus than a safari in a couple of weeks. The timing is pretty interesting as well -- Albert's name is all over the press with the North Pole trip so put CW's name out there as well.

The Palace isn't denying anything b/c they are dating and they probably don't comment on any relationship that is ongoing. The only hint at confirmation that they are dating is the announcement that they are jointly suing PM for The Maldives photos. Albert has resisted all kinds of pressure to marry just for the sake of marrying thus far, he isn't going to jump into anything now. If history should choose to repeat itself, then after all of this attention this relationship may fizzle out as well.

Last edited:
I think the reason why they commented so fast on the Thelma rumour was that it involved the member of another royal family and they might have been asked to put an end to it by the SRF to avoid them to have to do this.

The palace has ot commented on a lot of PAs alleged GF, so I wouldn't think anything of it. I think when comments were made, things were very clear tha there wouldn't be anything, whereas this is an ongoing thing and apparently he has not made up his mind either way yet. Maybe he managed to clear his head at the pole a little. If he really does go to SA for a safari, who knows what is going to happen. maybe he is still interested, maybe not.

As to the people of MC, I can't really say much, because they tend to pay much attention to it until they heard from the palace. And they will make up their minds about whether they'll like her or not, once they've seen what she is doing for MC. At the momet I think most of them are just doing the ostrich thing and hope it'll all go away. The only thing that I did hear was between the lines in an interview of a former MC official. And I get the impression she is not popular there. But there is nothing really they can do, if they like to keep their jobs, is there?

MyAdia said:
Annabelle Bond was the same woman that Albert spent at least one outing on the Pacha with last summer. Someone blew up the picture when she was facing the camera (it's on one of these threads) and it is the exact same woman. So, it seems something either happened or could have happened last summer. But, then came Charlene again. So, if there was anything between them Charlene would not have ever happened. Annabelle's bio is impressive ! Much better than Charlene's. But, we do not know anything about these women's personality or the chemistry between them and Albert - while Albert does. And he's with Charlene. But, who knows, in sub-artic temperatures even the dogs might start looking good.

Well, if she was the same woman, and I think your right. In several photos they were touching, including his arm around her at the table. I can remember thinking she was so so so much more attractive than CW. Not that looks are everything, but the pics were reposted after the CW story broke. Charlene does nothing for me.

ladyodessa said:
Well, I don't feel sorry for her. I think she got exactly what she deserved.
IM glad he dumped her!

why may I ask?

Jabillo asks "Why may I ask?" to the preceding comments. Perhaps that poster may or maynot care to answer. But relationships fail for thousands of reasons. What is the divorce rate?

Re some repeated constant seeemingly deliberate negative comments by someone here: I really need to know where is the line between opinions and hostile rehashing attack-sounding remarks drawn? About a week ago I think there was a B.B. booty" comment deleted. Isn't this a bit much here "booty call" or is it the referenced person not eligible for some toned down rhetoric?Isn't it rather off topic? It seems to me maybe, the rules need to be read, inaddition to that individuals need to reread their comments.

paca said:
I don't think tha anyone here has in interest in destroying his image and credibility...
That makes sense to me -- as I've hinted before, I think he at least likes the girl (whatever his reasons are his own business). But does anyone think that his people actually could want this kind of talk about PA and CW out there now? I mean, the last big fiasco that still lives in many minds is his NC/Alex affair, were he was obviously blindsided in the media and his image was really damaged (part his own fault, imo), at least from the perspective of some. Is is possible that his people could be trying to (in some way) replace the last very public scandal about Albert with this speculation go on and on and on about CW?

And too, does anybody think her granny would be so happy if Albert were just some other guy, especially given his reputation? I mean really, he is about 20 years older than CW and they would know that.

Lillia said:
...I mean, the last big fiasco that still lives in many minds is his NC/Alex affair, were he was obviously blindsided in the media and his image was really damaged (part his own fault, imo), at least from the perspective of some...
I think his acknowledgement of Alexandre was a good thing to do and many people applauded him for it. It was his interviews after the announcement where he came off bad. He should have simply said I will not discuss my private life instead of going into details about whether he wanted Alex, his being set up by NC, whether he was or not, and "other cases" out there even though he clarifed later that none of the other cases could be true.

paca said:
I think the reason why they commented so fast on the Thelma rumour was that it involved the member of another royal family...
CW does nothing for me. Nothing. Not even dislike really. Now, the pictures of her mouth on PA nipple that appeared were a bit tasteless, she should have been thinking a little more about that move. And her comments dismissing the importance of education for the more important swim meet were shallow but, surely she has some nice points. However, I'm having a little trouble finding them. So, I can certainly see why she would be unpopular. I'm a bit indifferent. It could change but for now I will reserve myself.

You know I have read every magazine artical on her and they have nothing bad to say about her, they saying she look like PG I don't see it but they do say that.I think the bad commets are only coming from us.Sometimes magazines prints story to sell but there is some what truth in it Him spending his birthday with her is to me means more than just dating.I have look over all the pictures of her and PA and he is into her very much He took her to the olympic knowing very well she will be on every cover.

If 'letting' (as all interviews are supposedly approved by the palace via the press agents) Charlene's family talk is the attempt to spin public opinion toward Charlene, I'd say all the press people need to be fired and better photo opportunities arranged (like Rainier and Grace walking in the gardens). These articles are too messy and unhelpful.

However, if Albert is just letting all this go one as a distraction from other issues, its still a mistake. No one is paying attention to his Artic trek because of all the speculation. He might as well have stayed in Monaco.

Albert has made it known he is annoyed by the media on the hoopla it makes about his personal life. He may think not commenting is the best way to let any one angle die. Its not fair, but official denials (or affirmations) from the palace press office are the only way to get things [somewhat] quieted.

IMO, Alberts needs to say something directly or he won't be able to get anything real done.

Ann

pama said:
You know I have read every magazine artical on her and they have nothing bad to say about her, they saying she look like PG I don't see it but they do say that.I think the bad commets are only coming from us.Sometimes magazines prints story to sell but there is some what truth in it Him spending his birthday with her is to me means more than just dating.I have look over all the pictures of her and PA and he is into her very much He took her to the olympic knowing very well she will be on every cover.

I do not think you will find anything negative printed about her in the magazines. For the most part, Charlene passed the major princess suitability test as far as the press is concerned – she is attractive, no previous marriage, no children (qty of ex-boyfriends doesn't matter - she is suitability as long she doesn't produce a child), and she is not a black African flight attendant Magazines are a business. Their main purpose is to sell magazines. A new beautiful Princess of Monaco will make and sell lots of covers.

I think Charlene is attractive. IF they marry, with Albert’s resources, I think she will look beautiful on every magazine cover and photo that she is on (i.e. teeth will be fixed, skin will be rejuvenated with visits to a great dermatologist, and hair will look full, shiny, & healthy). She will do a great job as a princess – greatness as determine by most message board posters is that she will look good on public occasions. She will produce an heir (most likely beautiful), stand beautifully on the balcony at each royal function, wear beautiful gowns (& hair, & makeup) at the balls, look really good besides Albert as he visits with heads of states and other royal families, and she will give great prepared speeches at Monaco public events.. That’s all we would have to go by. All will be well in message boards land because this is the bulk of what each poster talk about on all the forums.

I’ve mentioned my problems with Charlene before. It’s the small things that most will find trivial that I think speak volumes about her character that doesn’t show up in a pretty picture – giving a detail report of her first date with Albert to the press in 2001, the fawning all over him at the Olympics (I think to let everyone know the romantic status of their relationship because she didn’t do it at any of the subsequent events), hiring a public relations manager two weeks later, giving an interview with Paris Match two weeks later, her graphic public display of affection in Maldives in front of friends and strangers (the waiter is in the background of the picture where she is sucking/kissing on his chest), and her lack of education (including poor grades of the education that she does have).

Like Diana and Charles, everyone wanted a fairytale marriage. No one knew what really existed behind the pretty pictures. But, time told the truth.

Last edited:
By MyAida Their main purpose is to sell magazines. A new beautiful princess of Monaco will make lots of covers.

Yes and a royal marriage that falls apart will sell even more.

By MyAida I think Charlene is attractive. IF they marry, with Albert’s resources, I think she will look beautiful on every magazine cover and photo that she is on (i.e. teeth will be fixed, skin will be rejuvenated with visits to a great dermatologist, and hair will look full, shiny, & healthy). She will do a great job as a princess – greatness as determine by most message board posters is that she will look good on public occasions. She will produce an heir (most likely beautiful), stand beautifully on the balcony at each royal function, wear beautiful gowns (& hair, & makeup) at the balls, look really good besides Albert as he visits with heads of states and other royal families, and give great prepared speeches at Monaco public events

I disagree, I think that her standing there looking beautiful will be the extent of her contribution to Monaco. And with her lack of education and, as we've seen, just common sense in the media spotlight, there will a whole list of major embarassing blunders ahead. She will be the tabloid princess.

I guess a lot of people just wanted more for Prince Albert. I really was hoping he could find a nice girl who is educated, has a love for sports as he does, who really cares about him and his country and could really bring something great and classy to Monaco. I know there could never be another Princess Grace, and their shouldn't be. This is PA and his life. But I at least wanted someone who could stand by his side and help him build up Monaco in different ways that would bring respectability to it.

I hope the men on this board don't take offense to this comment, but you know the saying: "Behind every great man, there is a great woman!" (for example Grace, Jackie Kennedy, Hillary Clinton)

Unfortunately for PA, if he marries CW, he will never have that. Only a mannequin standing at his side. Beauty is only skin deep.

WindsorIII said:
I hope the men on this board don't take offense to this comment, but you know the saying: "Behind every great man, there is a great woman!" (for example Grace, Jackie Kennedy, Hillary Clinton)

Unfortunately for PA, if he marries CW, he will never have that. Only a mannequin standing at his side. Beauty is only skin deep.
But it will be his choice and a great man will also chose his woman wisely. So what does that tell us about PA if he makes a dumb choice?

paca said:
But it will be his choice and a great man will also chose his woman wisely. So what does that tell us about PA if he makes a dumb choice?

I still don't understand who you all can be so sure that the choice will be dumb.

michelle said:
I still don't understand who you all can be so sure that the choice will be dumb.
Who said we are sure? We still have hope;) And as far as I remember he hasn't made a choice yet. So I'll just hang in there and hope for the best.;) :D

paca said:
Who said we are sure? We still have hope;) And as far as I remember he hasn't made a choice yet. So I'll just hang in there and hope for the best.;) :D

I agree...no one is sure...I think all of this hypothesizing is a little premature (fun, interesting, but premature). Like paca, I'm hoping that he'll make a choice that will allow him to have the "team" like his parents had and he claims he wants.

Albert said " I have to ask myself if a woman likes me, does she like me for me or dos she like me for the possibility of becoming the next princess of Monaco."

Who decides what is the 'right choice' ?

To get this straight. If Albert loves Charlene...and if she loves him..then this is very likely to be the right choice !

michelle said:
Who decides what is the 'right choice' ?

To get this straight. If Albert loves Charlene...and if she loves him..then this is very likely to be the right choice !

michelle, michelle... where have you been.... Have you missed the poll "Choose the next Princess of Monaco", and guess what.... It was NOT Charlene... It doesn't matter if Albert loves her.... I think it's time that you have to accept that....;):p

tbhrc said:
michelle, michelle... where have you been.... Have you missed the poll "Choose the next Princess of Monaco", and guess what.... It was NOT Charlene... It doesn't matter if Albert loves her.... I think it's time that you have to accept that....;):p
Ah okay....poor me and poor Charlene ....:(....;):p

...hey...but lucky Stephanie ...'cause as the fellow readers of "reliable" german illsutrated mags know...: Steph is in a hard fight with Charlene because Charlene doesn't want to play the game following Steph's rules ...;);)

... :p ;) ............oh oh .... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom