A Wife for Albert part III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat2912 said:
I'm having a problem seeing the Intensity. I realize you folks,some of you, are just opining, but wouldn't PA be the most capable judge of what he wants? And needs in his life? And doesn't the buck stop with him?

Signed-Lost
It's his life and he can do what he wants but when you look at the women he runs around with, it's obvious he has very bad judgement imo. Maybe not as bad as Stephanie's but bad just the same. And yes the buck stops with him. ;)

Neat2912 said:
I'm having a problem seeing the Intensity. I realize you folks,some of you, are just opining, but wouldn't PA be the most capable judge of what he wants? And needs in his life? And doesn't the buck stop with him?

Signed-Lost

You are right. The buck stops with him.

You are right. Prince Albert is the most capable of judge of what he wants.

I have been trying to figure out why I am reacting to Charlene as I am. Why didn't I react negatively to Prince Alberts other girlfriends?

If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

/pama said:
It in her eyes as if she knows something. on the boat she walk with great confident with PA walking right behind her.I don"t like her but what do I know. is up to the people of monaca.I am sure He been dating her long before Turino.about it, just us he date NC and it was a surprise for royal watchers.I don't believe her Grand ma will make up something like that on her.

You are right, pama, no one knows how long they have been an item. However, CW doesn't seem like the type to have kept quiet for long. She may or may not have been the blonde he was necking with the night before the Pcss Grace Fdn Awards but she wasn't at that dinner and she wasn't at the Rose Ball...all that makes me think that he's not ready to make an announcement any time soon. They've been caught by the paparazzi but only at private, unofficial functions. (Olympics was semi-official -- they were seen at private parties and as spectators at certain events. I thought it was a big deal he didn't take her to the bobsled events.) If he were considering marrying her and an announcement was soon, she'd be with him at more high profile events where she could interact with people that she'd be in contact regularly once she was his wife.

I have to say that she had the same confidence in Tornio as she did in the Maldives. I don't think it means anything other than she knew she was getting all kinds of attention from the press and personally I think she craves that. She is a woman who just radiates confidence -- it's probably something she learned when she was competing. I think she feeds Grandma information that she thinks Grandma wants to hear. Half of the story in Bunte, about what Charlene is currently doing to prepare for marrying Albert was completely erroneous -- particularly the parts about her converting to Catholicism and approaching Prince Charles for release from the Anglican Church. Any and all such matters are considered private and are done on a very local level. If Albert had to make arrangements, things would be done through Msgr. Barsi and directly to the Vatican. The point about not being able to tell her coach what was happening was taken straight from a Point de Vue article. She may be taking French and etiquette lessons, but I get the feeling she's doing that on her own b/c past experiences in Albert's world made her feel awkward.

What rubs me wrong about Charlene? I have to second the opinions of MyAdia, enchantednights, and WindsorIII. For me, most of all, it's the fact that I feel that she is more interested in Albert the Prince rather than Albert the man. She is dazzled by the vacations, partying with the European jet set, and his CV as is her whole family. This was apparent in '01 and again five years later; Albert could secretly torture puppies and kittens and I think they would all still be enamoured with him. As enchanted pointed out, she is a pretty immature 28 and most of us have said that she is not the most worldly or intellectual person in the world, so I can't wonder what they talk about other than sports. She really knows nothing else. Other than that the relationship is purely physical. Reminds me a lot of Charles and Di and we all know how that ended.

Yes, the buck stops with Albert and only he knows what he really wants from a wife, but if he truly wants to set an example for the younger members of his family, he needs to about the nature of his own relationships and what kind of person with whom hopes to rule Monaco. Look back to the quote I got from that l'Express article and posted last night: you have to ask yourself, does Charlene fit that description. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and she claims she makes him laugh, but does she have what it takes to provide that "team" like relationship that his parents had? We all have such high hopes for Albert as a leader; the wrong choice of consort could derail any credibility he has on the world stage.

Last edited:
Let's try to keep this discussion on topic. Remember that rumours, gossip and conjectures do not belong in a Royal Forums thread. Remember to post links to articles and magazines to corroborate your stories.

Please take time to review the Rules & Guidelines before posting.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Monaco Moderator

I have to agree that Annabelle Bond's bio is impressive. And she seems to have a big personality. I heard that Charlize Theron is now single too. She would make a lovely wife.

pinklady1991 said:
You are right, pama, no one knows how long they have been an item...
You maybe right,but PA is 48 He will have to start another relationship get to know that person how long is that going to take he want to get married he said this him self.This is her. It make me sick really,with out any children from PA. PC and her children are in line I am sure she will do a wonderful job but her next is Andrea and to me he look more like a beach bum then any thing else I understand he did not even attend collage

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think CW existed with PA anytime last year and this is because....

in THIS article posted 07 September 2005 she is talking about a comeback.. (follow the link for full interview)

The queen of South African swimming, Charlene Wittstock, is back - and set on being the lady of the rings.

Wittstock, 27, has set her sights on the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China, and aims to go out at the top with a medal at the biggest event on the swimming calendar.
In an exclusive interview, Wittstock said says a variety of factors, not the least of which was a word of encouragement from Nelson Mandela, has spurred her return to the water, and Durban. "Despite what many people think, I had never retired," says Wittstock, who has rejoined the Mr Price Seagulls club at their Lahee Park base as she prepares to race the 50m and 100m backstroke events.

http://www.superswimmer.co.za/default.asp?id=156642&des=article

She then made an appearance at the KZN aquatic champs 14 December 2005
as shown in this article

The women's 100m backstroke should be a classic with Corfe and KZN record holder and Olympian, Charlene Wittstock (Tuks), in a class of their own and Wittstock on the comeback trail.

http://www.superswimmer.co.za/default.asp?id=165655&des=article

she couldnt have kept it quite with all the talking she did at turin...my guess is when PA visited SA they got in touch again and then she popped up in turin and gave up her career. which is sad, but also makes me think PA wouldnt let her give up swimming if he hadnt indicated there would be something more from their relationship.

And i am also with the guys..i have absolutely no reason why she bugs the heck out of me...but she does.

If he sees more than one woman at a time as has been discussed, CW might just be one of his one-weekend-a-month gf's. In my heart of hearts and impo, I don't think he will ever marry. He seems happy and relieved to pass the throne to his sister PC's line.

tiawanika said:
she couldnt have kept it quite with all the talking she did at turin...my guess is when PA visited SA they got in touch again and then she popped up in turin and gave up her career. which is sad, but also makes me think PA wouldnt let her give up swimming if he hadnt indicated there would be something more from their relationship.

They meet up again once and then indicates that she may be the one so she has to drop everything??????? That is just a little too bizarre for my tastes considering how monumental such a decision this is and how deep the ramifications can be. I think she took this all on herself...it's a sign of her immaturity...why give up something that made you attractive to the other person in the first place? JMO.

I want to believe he will not. But he might feel so pressured into getting married and having children that he will make bad choice for himself. One that in a few years he will regret.

Last edited:
maryellen1539 said:
I want to believe he will not. But he might feel so pressured into getting married and having children that he will make bad choice for himself. One that in a few years he will regret.
I always hoped he would marry but I just don't think he will or wants to. The women he dates and those he seems to pass over indicate this as well.

maryellen1539 said:
In the article it sounded to me that she was only converting for the marriage, money and crown. That's not a good reason to convert. What kind of a mother and what kind of religious influenence will have on the children? My opinion is that she is too shallow for any kind, sweet, decent guy. She is not the type I would like to see marry into my family.

Grandma said she was in the process of converting? I missed that one...

Grandmother said she was taking french and religious lessons. Plus there was entry from someone in an earlier thread about her having to get permission from the Queen or Prince Charles, someone from Britian to allow her to convert. Which is not how it really happens, but that was what was posted.

I think I need to correct my entry, but since it's been used twice as a quote I'll do it this way vice editing.

I want to believe he will not marry Charlene. But he might feel so pressured into getting married and having children that he will make a bad choice for himself. One that in a few years he will regret.

I didn't mean to say that I hoped he would not marry.

maryellen1539 said:
Grandmother said she was taking french and religious lessons. Plus there was entry from someone in an earlier thread about her having to get permission from the Queen or Prince Charles, someone from Britian to allow her to convert. Which is not how it really happens, but that was what was posted.

http://www.dailynews.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=503&fArticleId=3014600

Not exactly sure what this woman is up to...per this article (dated Nov. 29, 2005) she was back in the water late last fall competing...albeit she was having mixed results.

Did you finalize your initiation at the Easter Vigil last night? We had six RICA "graduates" at our service last night. Congratulations and welcome...:) I agree with your being upset for CW's conversion for the sake of a royal wedding. I think that they could marry in the Church without her converting but there could be no Mass and no Papal blessing (I've had friends do this). She would have to agree that any and all children from the marriage would have to be raised Catholic. I know Albert is hos of a Catholic country but I think there would be ways around certain rules without resulting to a conversion of convenience.

I did see the part about getting permission from the Queen for the conversion which is what made me dismiss that first Bunte article as hogwash. I also didn't think that the Monegasque gov't would pay for security for a South African national...Albert may be paying for it from his own pocket, but I don't think that would fly with his ministers.

maryellen1539 said:

Well, if her grandmother actually said this (and not some tabloid), then that is very telling. I doubt Charlene would do this on her own without any reason. but, there seems to be a contradiction from Charlene's ParisMAtch interview about her 2008 Olmpics training. When asked, "What qualities have you develop to attain your purpose?" She stated: "Discipline, determination and concentration. I lived, ate, breathed, slept only for my passion. At school, my grades were not much important to me, the sport only counted. When you swim, you think only at the present moment. Even today, I am just like that."

I doubt the grandmother would have made this up if she really did say this in the article. So, if the grandmother actually stated that Charlene is taking French lessons and religious lessons, then I think you should believe either Charlene's Paris Match interview statement or her grandmother's and not both. If the Olympics is really her passion, I doubt she is taking French and religious (I assume catholisim conversion) classes during training. Plus, Charlene does not seem the type to take these lessons for her own improvement, unless there is a good reason. I think Albert would try to help his future bride learn French as early as possible (if she doesn't already speak it). Princess Grace mentioned in an interview (the one where she is sitting outside along with Ranier and toddlers Caroline and Albert) that is was very frustrating not knowing French (I'm paraphrasing).

I said this before and I will say it again, I believe that Prince Albert will keep his future bride away from the public arena (especially official Monaco funtions) until he is ready to announce his engagement . Yes, I am one of those who really do believe that he will marry because I believe him when he said on many occasions that he has every intention of marrying one day. I just hope it isn't Ms. Wittstock. Sorry, but I think she is very calculating. She reminds me of one those beautifully wrapped gift boxes that are on display at gift wrapping departments. They are beautiful. They are only for show. They are completely empty inside.

pinklady1991 said:
http://www.dailynews.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=503&fArticleId=3014600

Not exactly sure what this woman is up to...per this article (dated Nov. 29, 2005) she was back in the water late last fall competing...albeit she was having mixed results.

I guess this is what I mean when I say Charlene is calculating. After this meet, Charlene did not earn a spot on the Commonwealth game. The Commonwealth games were March 15 -26 in Melbourne, Australia and she was with Albert. She hasn't been doing well at any of her meets because of an injury (she stated in the Paris Match interview). So, do you really believe that she is focusing her attentions on the 2008 Olympics now? From the article, I get the picture that Charlene is a fighter. She seems to have been on her own since she was 17 years old. To her credit, this girl knows how to survive. And, I don't think for a minute that she will let an opportunity like Albert pass her by. Look how determined Nicole was - waiting around for 5 years until her opportunity came. The difference is, Albert seems much smitten by Charlene.

http://de.news.yahoo.com/11042006/286/vater-wittstock-grimaldis.html

This is interesting...now her father is speaking out and again with Bunte. I know my German is weak, but what does he mean about her becoming lucky? (last line) I think you're right, MyA, she will do everything in her power to make sure she marries Albert, and her swimming is a thing of the past. Albert may be smitten but for how long? This whole family is just so tacky. Love how these interviews come out after Albert leaves for the North Pole.

I do not know German. What does Charlene's father say in the interview?

Here father basically says he doesn't confirm one way or another that there will be a wedding because that is "private." (yeah right! Like any part of their relationship, physical or emotional has ever been private.) But he does say that time will tell us and that the most important thing is that Charlene is "lucky" He obviously knows something we don't know.

Like I said before, all this build up with interviews from CW's grandma and now her father just before PA makes a trip down to her hometown for a "private vacation." How private do you think that is going to be now. Its going to be a paparazzi nightmare, no privacy at all.

I just hope the photos are more respectable then the last ones we've all seen on their holidays. (ie head in his lap, sucking his chest) Real nice future Princess of Monaco. Can anyone find any photos of Grace doing that to Rainier. No, they had too much class for that. CW's behavior and comments just makes him look ridiculas and someone not to be taken seriously.

What I would like to know and if Paca you are reading this, maybe you from Monaco can answer this question. Who are his personal advisors there? Because it appears to me that with this kind of poor advising, it almost appears as if someone there is trying to deliberately destroy PA's image and credibility. What is your take on all of this speaking out to the paparazzi by CW and members of her family and friends?

Well, I'm sad to say this, but if Her Grandma is talking CWs religious conversion lessons and French lessons--well that indicates a quiet engagement. She'll probably get the ring when he goes to SA soon.......

I had a feeling when PA said he will definitely marry in a recent interview that the proposal had taken place...... He could use this "intense pressure to marry and provide a legit heir" as part of the grounds for a future annulment----it could be impeding his mind and judgement ....

Her family already knows this informal engagement and are almost bursting....

The only person on this board who is directly impacted by this is Paca and I wonder what the other citizens are feeling...

The first PA married twice and I think this one will too.....

PA must have horrible advisors..... The PR regarding CW is sad...

Last edited:
This is all so ridiculous.... Charlene's grandmother never said anything about her relationship to Albert or about her religious conversion.... I really would like to know where you have read that? Because I can't find anything in the BUNTE article. You know, in this thread you can clearly see how rumours start ......

pinklady1991 said:
http://de.news.yahoo.com/11042006/286/vater-wittstock-grimaldis.html

This is interesting...now her father is speaking out and again with Bunte. I know my German is weak, but what does he mean about her becoming lucky?
It is not lucky, it is happy. If that is the quintessens of what he says in the interview, then I don't see the point of it. I hope that every dad wants his daughter to be happy and that no matter whom she is with. Ad it is ridiculous to say sth is private when the only reason he is speaking to the press is her relation with PA. If it was all so private, none of the family would talk to anyone. They are all acting as though she already has a ring in her pocket. I don't see it. All of her family talks to the press (though I do make allowances for granny who might not have been aware who she was talking to), she gives a detailed account of her meeting with PA, whereas PA has been all these years very protective about his private life. Somehow for me that doesn't fit. I simply don't see how suddenly he would want to be with someone who is most likely going to blab to the press, when she doesn't get what she wants. And if she gets dumped, contrary to all expectations from herself and her family, you can get your money ready for th book she will have someone write to tell HER story....:rolleyes:

Well I can tell you that everything posted in #89 is wrong.... The only thing her grandma said was :"I'm religious and the best experience in my life was a visit to Jerusalem. God gives us strenght an love is the key to happiness. Charlene is my angel. She is beautiful and beloved. She often visits me or calls me when she is on travels. I have a lot of grandchildren and grand-grandchildren. Charlene Loves children. My wish is that she will have a happy family with many kids."

Sorry that's my poor translation from the BUNTE article (BUNTE No.16 page 26) ...

Plus there was entry from someone in an earlier thread about her having to get permission from the Queen or Prince Charles, someone from Britian to allow her to convert. Which is not how it really happens, but that was what was posted.

That was false from the beginning... I don't know who wrote that but I think he was talking about another BUNTE article with lots of speculations.... The only thing that BUNTE wrote was that they think Charlene has to convert but they never wrote anything like she needs permission from the queen or so... That is just ridiculous....

It would be really great if this thread could be based on real articles and facts and not on speculation or rumours.....

I think its good to get the facts straight of where exactly all this info is coming from, so people can separate facts from fantasty. First of all if anyone has the Bunte magazine dated around the week of or after March 23 they ran an article which includes the following:

According to Bunte who's quoting a palace insider the relationship is serious and he's dating her exclusively.

The same article in a side bar states the following:

1. After the Torino story PA got Charlene a PR person, she's an american called Dawn East, who's in permanent contact with Armand Deus, the palace spokesman. All interviews are approved by him.

2. Her trainer has been contacted by the press and confessed that Charlene told him he'll understand later what is going on now and why she can't talk to anybody about this relationship.(So something will happen perhaps at some point)

3. Charlene will get an official web page which will help with her image -they realized that intoxicating the people through magazines is a bad idea

4. two palace diplomats (the MC consul in SA, Francis Kasara and the SA consul in MC, J Orecchia) will be delegated to insure Charlene's safety and protection while she's traveling or in those countries.

5. Charlene will be taking french lessons with a teacher

6. Because Charlene is anglican she'll have to convert to the Catholic religion, as a consequence the Monseniore Barsi who's the head of the Catholic Church in MC contacted Priest Wilfried Fox Napier in SA to initiate the woman into the catholic beliefs.

This prompted people to speculate on the conversion issue and how you don't need the queens approval. It also prompted people to speculate where did all this private info leak to Bunte. Then when her grandma's article came out soon after, I guess its speculation that she is where a lot of this info could have came from. But again, that is just speculation (which actually does make sense to me) but again just speculation.

Now IMO it doesn't matter what grandma or her dad said, the facts that they are even giving interviews just before PA makes a private holiday to their hometown says a lot. Do you know how many places there are to go on Safari in Africa? I don't think the fact that he chose her hometown is a coinsidence. If he goes there, I believe there will be some sort of announcement.

I am not happy about it, I think it would be a shame for PA and for Monaco, but it looks to me as if that is where it is headed.

Last edited:
6. Because Charlene is anglican she'll have to convert to the Catholic religion, as a consequence the Monseniore Barsi who's the head of the Catholic Church in MC contacted Priest Wilfried Fox Napier in SA to initiate the woman into the catholic beliefs. This may explain also the private visit that A had with Prince Charles a week ago, since the Queen is the head of the Anglican Church they need her release for her to convert.

The part I underlined is absolutly wrong. I have that issue of BUNTE, and they DO NOT write that. That's WRONG.... Here is the scan of that part if you can find the words Charles or Queen, please let me know because I can't find them..... From BUNTE No.12 page 22

vpz4ol.jpg

This may explain also the private visit that A had with Prince Charles a week ago, since the Queen is the head of the Anglican Church they need her release for her to convert.

Yes Tbhrc, that one line about the queen was speculation by the person who translated the article. I should have separated that one line from the article translation. I have deleted it from above since it is someone's opionion.

Thanks for posting the actual Bunte article. I couldn't find it.

WindsorIII said:
What I would like to know and if Paca you are reading this, maybe you from Monaco can answer this question. Who are his personal advisors there? Because it appears to me that with this kind of poor advising, it almost appears as if someone there is trying to deliberately destroy PA's image and credibility. What is your take on all of this speaking out to the paparazzi by CW and members of her family and friends?
I don't think tha anyone here has in interest in destroying his image and credibility. I think he is doing this just fine by himself;) . I think, at least from what I have read between the lines, that his advisors would rather see someone else at his side, someone more respectable. In order to advise someone, you would have to have someone to listen to you and I suspect that PA does not consider this a matter where he would need anyones advise. (just as Rainier turned a deaf ear to some of his adviors - or made them too scared to speak their mind)
As to all these interviews coming out, I think that is all done on their own account. They probably think that considering his age PA will not be looking around much longer and since CW is still in the age group to bear children, she might have a good chance to grab him. They seem to forget that he has been dating the same sort of women before and hasn't settled with any of them. We don't know whether it was always Rainier meddling in it and refusing the GF or whether PA just took what he wanted and moved on when he got bored. PA can still father children when he is 80, so in that respect he wouldn't need to worry about finding a bride. He can take all the time he wants and needs. People (including the Wittstocks) seem to forget that. Also PA meets a lot of people every day. Who knows, maybe he will have "the one" standing right in front of him, when neither of them expects it and he will drop everyone else like hot potatoes. Stranger things have happened. And in the mean time he just takes what others are willing to give him (hey he is just a man and I don't know any man who would refuse a woman who gives herself that easily - unless they are deeply in love with someone else). So IMO it is not over until he has marched down the aisle, and it looks to me as though the Wittstocks are doing everything to stop him from doing it with their daughter (if she had a chance in the first place).

Remember this is a tabloid article printing this info about them getting married, her conversion and learning French and etiquette. His last "fiancee" Tasha also got coverage like this and so did Alicia Warlick forcing the Palace to issue a statement denying the marriage rumours. There is no indication or evidence that an engagement or marriage is coming. Lets be cool.

tbhrc said:

The part I underlined is absolutly wrong. I have that issue of BUNTE, and they DO NOT write that. That's WRONG.... Here is the scan of that part if you can find the words Charles or Queen, please let me know because I can't find them..... From BUNTE No.12 page 22

It seems that the sentence that you underlined is probably someone's intrepretation of the previous sentence. I think those six points have been posted some place else and re-posted at several other places. As with most rumors, many start with an iota of truth and other things get added to it as it is spread along.

In my posts in response to Charlene's grandmother's supposedly remarks about French and religion lessons, I prefaced it with the statement, If these is true and not something made up about the tabloids.

tbhrc said:
It would be really great if this thread could be based on real articles and facts and not on speculation or rumours.....

Can one assume that what Bunte print is fact? When do you know if it is fact, speculation, or rumor? I am not familiar with European magazines, but what caliber of magazine is Bunte and Paris Match magazine? For instance, In America I would be more inclined to believe something published in Time or Newsweek as opposed to The Enquirer or The Star ( 2 tabloids).

Mya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom