A Wife for Albert part III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hsh1969 said:
Also as a spokeperson, she has to be very careful what/which group she chooses to, since Monaco wants to be seen as neutral country. Any cause that could have any if distant connection to politics, war, siding with one area; even religion it's a no no.

Yes, In general, I think a Bubbly,talkative,"show-off" person might not think before they speak. For example, If a journalist shouted a question at her --the 'Shoot from the Hip" response might be embarrasing. During an interview, she might answer questions about herself and the reply might be to the detriment of the children and adults represented.
It really takes a reflective,intelligent person to be an effective representative.

Last edited:
<deleted reference to deleted post - Elspeth>

If Albert is happy then it's fine by us -- we're not saying that she tortures puppies in her spare time or whatever. In our opinion, she's not conducting herself in a manner that fits a potential royal consort as you see others her age and younger are. In what has been posted in the wife thread, we would all like to see Albert with someone who will help him maintain the dignity and respect for the Monegasque monarchy that his parents took a lifetime to build.

Prior to Rainier's life's work, Monaco was "a sunny place for shady people" and as some of the residents/leaders have pointed out in recent articles (even though retracted/softened in later editions), there is too much focus on the culture of the celebutante there now and less on building on Rainier's & Grace's work. If Albert sees Charlene as someone who won't disturb the status quo -- allowing Caroline to maintain the lead position in organizations like AMADE while she shows off for the press -- again that's fine but it relegates CW to the role of court jester rather than elevating her to the role of reigning princess.

But think about it...we're focused more on CW's articles in tabloids (no matter how respectable, that's what they are) then about PA's trip to the North Pole or any of the reforms (however slowly or tiny they may be) he's making in his own country.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you don't know anything about what Charlene may be able to do for and to give to Monaco. She's not mature enough for you ? How can you judge? By what? By the media reports ... by this image....? No chance .... !
You think she's not conucting herself the way a 'future-princess' should ? What do you (we) know about it ? Does anyone of you know what it is like.
People did all this with Albert's sister before ... you're doing the same with Charlene. .. just say that she's not good enough....People also thought that Grace would never be good enough....she was so much beyond it...Stephanie is so much beyond it....plus : these are just people..they will prove themselves when it comes to the point....
... honestly ... Albert could take Sharon Stone or Victoria of Sweden or 'I don't know who' ...you'd always find things to attack them for...just for the sake of giving your two cents I guess....
...I respect your opinions..you don't have to love her....you don't have to love anyone...but wouldn't it be nice to give people a chance?

Last edited:
Unless Andrea marries soon either to Tatiana:)or someone else before PA does, I don't think there will be much interest in the next princess of MC except on a tabloid basis. He's not going to pull a rabbit out of his hat i.e. the smart and educated woman who surprises everyone that folks are waiting for. It's not going to happen. Charlene is his type whether it's acceptable or not. That's what he likes. There's nothing wrong with her but she's the kind of star-struck girl with no education or point of view that he likes. When Prince William marries I think his bride will trump everybody else anyway especially if it's Kate.

Laviollette said:
...He's not going to pull a rabbit out of his hat i.e. the smart and educated woman who surprises everyone that folks are waiting for. It's not going to happen. Charlene is his type whether it's acceptable or not. That's what he likes. There's nothing wrong with her but she's the kind of star-struck girl with no education or point of view that he likes...

I am not ready to concede to this fact yet, although reality is slowly starting to seek in. It's hard to overlook the married waitress, the married flight attendant, and the tacky has been swimmer with no real job prospect. But, I am still hoping for the rabbit out of the hat. I want this man's 48-year wait to be worth it!

Last edited:
Yes, Prince William has been dating Kate for years ---and you never see her head in his lap or her face in his chest..... Kate is even younger (early 20s) than Charlene...

When Prince William marries(especially if it's Kate) it will be broadcast worldwide...

When Prince Albert marries,it will be broadcast in Europe and S. Africa(Charlene is from S. Africa).....

Monaco and Charlene will be status quo--B&C list celebrities will attend functions...(Grace had AAA list celebrities and artists coming to Monaco)
Tourism will continue to be down if PA marries Charlene....

I hate to say this , but if PA marries a ditch digger(nothing against them) from USA it would be broadcast worlwide and help Monaco tourism more than Charlene would.......
PA and Monaco married returns Monaco to to before 1954.....

"I want this man 48 year wait to be worth it. " Well stated MyADIA!

Last edited:
Ladies, Ladies, what is going on? Why do you have yourselves all in a tizzy about Prince Albert? All of this gossip is only speculation. How can anyone have strong conviction of someone when all you have is speculation and accusation? To be over involved in Albert’s personal business you need facts with merit. Stop getting all caught up in the hype.

A lot of women who post regarding Albert, have schoolgirl crushes and this is the reason for most of the controversy concerning PA’s dating habits. It seems as soon as PA shows affection to a new companion, here comes the drama. Why is this? To fuss and insult each other over pure speculation is foolish. PA is a Prince and probably no one will ever know what it is like to be a part of his world.

We are fans of Royal families and we come on this site to share information with each other, to meet interesting people all over the globe and maybe meet new friends. It is foolish to think otherwise because this site is about the Royal families and your favorite royal family member. Most of this is like a fairytale. It is not sensible for anyone to come on this site to bash, insult and be rude.

We do not have the right to trash PA and his companion. It is not up to anyone to critique who he wishes to date. I can not understand why all of this craziness has emerged and why so much obsession with PA’s personal life.

I am surprised that so many people who post are influenced by the tabloids. Do you realize most of what is printed has no merit at all? It is all fabricated to boost sales. This is why they get sued so much. As far as the posted pictures, they are not accurate either. They are altered to support the bogus article written. Stop believing everything you read, hear and see in these tabloids. Do not depend on the rags to give you any type of accurate information. The writers of these stupid rags are just as baffled as some people who post here. They have no clue what is going on in PA’s life.

If PA decides to marry Charlene it is his personal business. If he does not, it is also his personal business.

michelle said:
You think she's not conucting herself the way a 'future-princess' should ? What do you (we) know about it ? Does anyone of you know what it is like.
People did all this with Albert's sister before ... you're doing the same with Charlene. .. just say that she's not good enough....People also thought that Grace would never be good enough....she was so much beyond it...Stephanie is so much beyond it....plus : these are just people..they will prove themselves when it comes to the point....

Couldn't agree more! The time will show how their relationship will turn out. There was always possibility of not having "another Grace Kelly" as PA's wife!

lynda said:
Ladies, Ladies, what is going on? Why do you have yourselves all in a tizzy about Prince Albert? All of this gossip is only speculation. How can anyone have strong conviction of someone when all you have is speculation and accusation? To be over involved in Albert’s personal business you need facts with merit. Stop getting all caught up in the hype.

A lot of women who post regarding Albert, have schoolgirl crushes and this is the reason for most of the controversy concerning PA’s dating habits. It seems as soon as PA shows affection to a new companion, here comes the drama. Why is this? To fuss and insult each other over pure speculation is foolish. PA is a Prince and probably no one will ever know what it is like to be a part of his world.

We are fans of Royal families and we come on this site to share information with each other, to meet interesting people all over the globe and maybe meet new friends. It is foolish to think otherwise because this site is about the Royal families and your favorite royal family member. Most of this is like a fairytale. It is not sensible for anyone to come on this site to bash, insult and be rude.

We do not have the right to trash PA and his companion. It is not up to anyone to critique who he wishes to date. I can not understand why all of this craziness has emerged and why so much obsession with PA’s personal life.

I am surprised that so many people who post are influenced by the tabloids. Do you realize most of what is printed has no merit at all? It is all fabricated to boost sales. This is why they get sued so much. As far as the posted pictures, they are not accurate either. They are altered to support the bogus article written. Stop believing everything you read, hear and see in these tabloids. Do not depend on the rags to give you any type of accurate information. The writers of these stupid rags are just as baffled as some people who post here. They have no clue what is going on in PA’s life.

If PA decides to marry Charlene it is his personal business. If he does not, it is also his personal business.
I think most of us ladies couldn't care less about PA's personal life really. But it's not a crime for those who care about the memory of PG and PR to express their opinion since Albert and his family live off that legacy. The fact is he likes the women he likes. A lot of people apparently including his own father thought his girlfriends were unsuitable and we've seen the tackiness of some of his women and the mother of his child. Everyone is perfectly within their right to express their opinion on that also. But I agree that it's his life so whatever. He is the one who has to face the consequences of his personal behavior. Among his peers he's actually the exception not the rule.

Last edited:
lynda said:

I am new to this royal forum thing, so please help me to understand. Are you saying if one does not like a particular behavior of a person they are not allowed to post it? Only supportive things of agreed upon person should be posted? Is this the standard? I find the behavior exhibited by Charlene Wittstock tacky. So, according to your standands, I am not allowed to say this. Please tell me, what are we allowed to post about Charlene Wittstock?

lynda said:
We do not have the right to trash PA and his companion. It is not up to anyone to critique who he wishes to date.

Again, is this the standard - no one is allowed to critique Prince Albert and his companion? Did everyone agree to this standard for Nicole or perhaps Tamara. Why have a thread on Charlene, or Nicole, or Jazmin, or Albert's wife if you are not allowed to make critiques, whether positive, neutral, or negative. This forum will be really boring...and then it would not be a forum - a place of open ideas. Please tell me, what are we allowed to say about these individuals on this forum?

lynda said:
I can not understand why all of this craziness has emerged and why so much obsession with PA’s personal life....
lynda said:

What craziness? What obsession? Isn't everything single post in every single thread in every single forum in The Royal Forums about some royal person's personal life? Why come here if you are not interested in some person's personal life? Isn't everyone here for the same reason?

Why does this type of backlash only come up for Charlene? There are some of all type of people in these forums. Please do not be quick to judge our characters; you have no idea who people are. There are some of us who do place a high value on an education. And, there are some of us who do place a value on public decorum. If you do not, that's ok.

Last edited:
I am new to these forums and let me just say that members of my family who visit from all over the world, UK, Australia and even France/Monaco love to catch up on the posts of the RF. Monaco especially is like an episode of Dynasty or Dallas (smile)

I am new to this royal forum thing, so please help me to understand. Are you saying if one does not like a particular behavior of a person they are not allowed to post it? Only supportive things of agreed upon person should be posted? Is this the standard?

No. Criticism is fine. Insults and trashing are not. We assume (at least, we hope) that our posters are mature enough to know the difference.

Last edited:
I am still hoping for the rabbit out of the hat. I want this man's 48-year wait to be worth it!
moi aussi, i wouldnt criticalize the women if she act with some common sense.

from USA it would be broadcast worlwide and help Monaco tourism more than Charlene would.......
PA and Monaco married returns Monaco to to before 1954.....
ditto, or his wife would have to be someone very important in american culture before it would be broadcast worldwide, or at least here in america.
and she dosent have that princess diana look and imo she acts immature. that is going by her behavior in front of the camera.

I don't know if the image of Charlene really matters. Albert has shown no interest in getting married. It's doubtful she will be Pss of MC. He likes his life the way it is, without strings attached. I don't think it matters who he marries or if he gets married at all. PR and PG are gone and so many have moved on.

Technically the only thing Charlene would be required to do as Pss of MC is provide a couple of male heirs. She doesn't need to be smart, classy or whatever. I admit the fact that everytime she has contact with Albert she runs to the press but Albert knows this and is still involved with her. Having said that I don't think he really will or wants to get married and I think the longer he waits the more people will be expecting superwoman: unnaturally beautiful, i.e., Charlize Theron, smart, a Harvard graduate, able to speak several languages, etc., and who is still in her child bearing years. Charlene is not that person and he's unlikely to find a woman like that and they're not his type anyway. I'm not making a judgement but because he has waited so long, those are the public expectations.

Last edited:
unnaturally beautiful, i.e., Charlize Theron, smart, a Harvard graduate, able to speak several languages, etc., and who is still in her child bearing years. Charlene is not that person and he's unlikely to find a woman like that and they're not his type anyway
i think that those type of women might not be his type,imho, but they do exist. but it would be nice if he had that type of women. just think she would be world famous and would set clothing styles and all that sort of stuff. (yes i am looking at this with rose color glasses)
maybe she could keep him home unstead of him running all over the world.
so who knows if he will marry charlene or not, he is the one that has to live with her and vice versa

semisquare said:
i think that those type of women might not be his type,imho, but they do exist. but it would be nice if he had that type of women. just think she would be world famous and would set clothing styles and all that sort of stuff. (yes i am looking at this with rose color glasses)
maybe she could keep him home unstead of him running all over the world.
so who knows if he will marry charlene or not, he is the one that has to live with her and vice versa

I found this in an old L'express article online (it's from 2002) and this is allegedly what PA is looking for. I don't know if it describes Charlene or not but I don't think you have rose colored glasses on. :) I'll translate below for those who don't speak French. (For native speakers, I apologize if I made a mess of your beautiful language.)

Le prince Albert lui-même a une conception assez idéaliste, un rien puérile, de la future princesse souveraine. Il l'imagine belle, intelligente, avec une forte personnalité et un grand sens de l'humour. Ajoutons célèbre, et l'on a le portrait de sa mère. «C'est justement parce que, inévitablement et bêtement, la comparaison sera faite qu'elle aura à faire preuve de beaucoup d'humour afin de ne pas en prendre ombrage», a-t-il dit. Comme ce fut le cas pour Grace et Rainier, il souhaite former avec son épouse une véritable «équipe», ce qui implique que chacun aura un rôle différent et complémentaire.

"Prince Albert himself has a rather idealistic, but not childish, image of the future sovereign princess. He pictures her beautiful, intelligent, with a strong personality and a great sense of humor. Add famous and it's the image of his mother. 'Inevitably and stupidly, a comparison will be made and she will have to have a good sense of humor not to take offense,' he said. As was the case for Grace and Rainier, he hopes to be a true "team" with his wife, which implies that each will have a different and complimentary role."

Like Albert, I want what my parents had...they were a team too...and even though my father has been gone for over 20 years, my mother is completely lost without him. I don't have the pressure to live up to someone like Grace but I will admit, my mother has taken a strong dislike to anyone I've dated, no matter what he does, he's not good enough. And believe me, they know it and walk. It wreaks havoc on you whether or not you want to admit it or and you end up doing one of two things: (1) not bothering to look at all (which is what I've done); or (2) pick people who really are not up to a certain standard and live with the consequences so that later on, you feel somewhat robbed of what you could have had/deserved (what my sister did). Now that I'm through playing pop psychologist... JMO.

It seems that every web site says that Albert is going to South Africia and visit Charlene after his return from the North Pole. But is it written anywhere officially? Does Albert have a published agenda out there or is this just a rumor?

Also, does anyone have a rough guess as to how long Albert stays with a girl? I understand with NC it was about 5 years, but he was seeing others at the same time. Didn't he propose to Alicia (the other swimmer) during this same time frame? Over Christmas wasn't he also seeing Miss Germany? I think I saw a photo of them out and about.

I have to admit I'm still trying to catch up with his comings and goings. This has been one busy little boy.

None of this women came at the right time,Charlene happen to be. I truely now believe that He will marry her It in her eyes as if she knows something. on the boat she walk with great confident with PA walking right behind her.I don"t like her but what do I know. is up to the people of monaca.I am sure He been dating her long before Turino.Just no one knows about it, just us he date NC and it was a surprise for royal watchers.I don't believe her Grand ma will make up something like that on her.

Last edited:
maryellen1539 said:
It seems that every web site says that Albert is going to South Africia and visit Charlene after his return from the North Pole. But is it written anywhere officially? Does Albert have a published agenda out there or is this just a rumor?

Also, does anyone have a rough guess as to how long Albert stays with a girl? I understand with NC it was about 5 years, but he was seeing others at the same time. Didn't he propose to Alicia (the other swimmer) during this same time frame? Over Christmas wasn't he also seeing Miss Germany? I think I saw a photo of them out and about.

I have to admit I'm still trying to catch up with his comings and goings. This has been one busy little boy.

Maryellen you crack me up...

I think it was written that he would go on safari in S. Africa in April about the time he went there for a "private holiday" in January. Albert is different than his father in that he never lowers the flag when he leaves the Palace so no one really knows if he is there or not. His way of maintaining some privacy.

The duration of a relationship I think all depends on how long his interest stays. He was with NC for about 5 years -- during the end of that time he was dating Alicia Warlick, the American track star, and it was the same time there were the engagement rumors about Tacha. No one knows what happened to Alicia. She just sort of disappeared. I heard about the Miss Germany thing too but again, who knows if it was real or they were just seen together at an event and tongues started wagging.

Like I said I have been trying to catch up this fellow. Albert is out there in the press everytime he is seen talking to a lady. Where as Prince Andrew is hardly ever shown with a women.

It seems to me the press with Charlene is different than with the other women. Now maybe it is her PR person doing this.

The other thing that has gotten my attention is everyone's reaction to her. People seem to just not like her. I haven't found such dislike regarding Albert's other women. Why do you think this is so?

Now I have admit, I don't care for her. In just a few months she has shone me that she is a [ ed: removed disparaging comment ] and nothing more. After the article with Grandmother, I now have a bad taste for the whole family. I would be disappointed if Albert lowers himself and marrys her.

Annabelle Bond? She's 36, she's British, worked in real estate, shares PA's love of sports and apparently concern of global warming since she's on his expedition team to the North Pole and she hasn't opened her mouth about the prince. I don't know if she's married. That would be a bumber. see here for more: http://www.monaco.arctic-expedition.mc/wwwpolar.nsf/HomeGb10.htm, click on 'expedition team'.

Last edited:
Laviollette said:
Annabelle Bond? She's 36, she's British, worked in real estate, shares PA's love of sports and apparently concern of global warming since she's on his expedition team to the North Pole and she hasn't opened her mouth about the prince. I don't know if she's married. That would be a bumber. see here for more: http://www.monaco.arctic-expedition.mc/wwwpolar.nsf/HomeGb10.htm, click on 'expedition team'.

Annabelle Bond was the same woman that Albert spent at least one outing on the Pacha with last summer. Someone blew up the picture when she was facing the camera (it's on one of these threads) and it is the exact same woman. So, it seems something either happened or could have happened last summer. But, then came Charlene again. So, if there was anything between them Charlene would not have ever happened. Annabelle's bio is impressive ! Much better than Charlene's. But, we do not know anything about these women's personality or the chemistry between them and Albert - while Albert does. And he's with Charlene. But, who knows, in sub-artic temperatures even the dogs might start looking good.

Again, Albert seems to have a history of dating more than one woman at a time. So, who knows.

pinklady1991 said:
The duration of a relationship I think all depends on how long his interest stays. He was with NC for about 5 years -- during the end of that time he was dating Alicia Warlick, the American track star, and it was the same time there were the engagement rumors about Tacha. No one knows what happened to Alicia. She just sort of disappeared. I heard about the Miss Germany thing too but again, who knows if it was real or they were just seen together at an event and tongues started wagging.

Yes, this does seem to indicate that Albert dates more than one woman at a time. But, who knows maybe Albert gets dump sometimes also. perhaps there is a woman out there who will not settle for this type of disrespect - regardless if he is a billionaire prince. We do not know who call it off between Alicia and him. He did take her as his date to high profile Monaco official events. I think Tasha is hanging around Monaco with the hopes of still catching Albert's attention. No serious aspiring actress or model will be hanging out in Monaco if they are looking for work. When Albert gets engage (to whomever), I think Tasha will move away from Monaco.

Actually, Albert was not really "with NC for about 5 years." There was a 5 year elapsed time period from the date that he met Nicole and the date that Alexandre was conceived. Even she (who tried her best to paint the most postive picture of her relationship with Albert) had to admit he cooled it off way before Alexandre was conceived. She called him (several times before he return her call) and asked him to celbrate her birthday with her. He was even late that night (she waited hours). I'm sorry to say this, but Albert treated Nicole like his little dark secret. In five years, he only took her to a few minor Monaco official functions and even then he did not make it clear that she was his date. Sorry, but Nicole was a 5-year booty call. And based on her Paris Match interview, she was doing most of the calling. He paraded his other (hence - white) women out in the open. Imagine how she must have felt everytime she read one of those tabloid magazines and saw pictures of Albert with Tasha, Alicia, and other "Albert's angels". Nobody knew about her. I think her many post Alexandre acknowledgement interviews were because she did not receive the recognition as Albert's girlfriend she so desparately wanted during the "5 year period"

Mya

Last edited:
MyAdia said:
Annabelle Bond was the same woman that Albert spent at least one outing on the Pacha with last summer...
This is sad I feel sorry for NC, More for Alex no amount of money can make Up for knowing your Father did not want you to be born ,this is sad.

maryellen1539 said:
It seems to me the press with Charlene is different than with the other women. Now maybe it is her PR person doing this.

The other thing that has gotten my attention is everyone's reaction to her. People seem to just not like her. I haven't found such dislike regarding Albert's other women. Why do you think this is so?

Now I have admit, I don't care for her. In just a few months she has shone me that she is a [ed: removed disparaging comment ] and nothing more. After the article with Grandmother, I now have a bad taste for the whole family. I would be disappointed if Albert lowers himself and marrys her.

I have to give Charlene her "props" (American slang for regognition or due credit). She is suave. As she stated in her Paris Match interview, when she wants something she is very determined until she achieves it. She was determined to make the 2000 Olympics and now she states that she is just as determined to make the 2008 Olympics. She swears that is the only thing that she is focusing on right now. Time will tell if she is a liar or not.

What rubs me about Charlene? She is the only one of Albert's (who knows how many) dates in 48 years who 1) gave a detail account of their first date to a reporter right after the date (hence, 2001 interview) and 2) hired a public relations person and gave a full interview about herself after two weeks of letting the world know that she was romantically involved with Prince Albert. Although, the ground rule was that she would not talk about the Prince. Hello! Did she really think that Paris Match would have interviewed a South African swimmer who placed 5th on a swimming relay team in the 2000 Olympics and who hasn't done anything since then if she was not involved with the Prince of Monaco.

I think any grandma would be pround if their granddaughter was dating a prince. But, there are some family members who do keep quite about it. What I did not see on grandma's fridge was a picture of Charlene's high school graduation. Does anyone even know if this woman graduated from high school? She left home at 17 to train with her coach. She stated grades were not important to her. Don't you think if she would have graduated from high school grandma would have had it displayed with her other grade school pictures? Ok, I will admit, I am a little snobbish when it comes to an education. I place a high importance on it, especially higher education. I know some posters feel it is not important. In the past most monarchs did not place a high importnace on it either, Actually, I believe Prince Charles was the first in his family to obtain a college degree. Now, it seems most royal families deem it a necessity.

Mya

I'm having a problem seeing the Intensity. I realize you folks,some of you, are just opining, but wouldn't PA be the most capable judge of what he wants? And needs in his life? And doesn't the buck stop with him?

Signed-Lost

i've been itching to make this comment for a while. ever since everyone started excusing Charlene because she was only 28, but Grace was only 26 when she married and she did such a phenomenal job at it. just that should prove that at charlene's age she should have her life together and not do all this high school stuff i should be doing, funny thing is i wouldn't ever do that, and i'm 16! i guess it really depends on how you were brought up, morals, values, principles, you know stuff like that. it shows in how you behave. age should not be an excuse, i think. the level of maturity a person shows clearly indicates the upbringing of that person, and well i'm not going to comment on Charlene's.

What I did not see on grandma's fridge was a picture of Charlene's high school graduation. Does anyone even know if this woman graduated from high school? She left home at 17 to train with her coach. She stated grades were not important to her. Don't you think if she would have graduated from high school grandma would have had it displayed with her other grade school pictures? Ok, I will admit, I am a little snobbish when it comes to an education. I place a high importance on it, especially higher education.

MyAida, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the education issue. In the world today, EDUCATION is IMPORTANT! If you are going to be a princess or first lady of any kind you will be mingling with heads of states from all over the world and in every country education is at the top of government priority lists.

If CW left home at 17, it is possible she doesn't even have a high school diploma. Good heavens Albie, wake up please!

It amazes me that she says grades and school aren't important especially being from South Africa and "claiming" that Nelson Mandela is like her grandfather. If you read any of NM's writings, he always stresses how important educating people is and that it is the only way to bring about positive changes in South Africa and any country. CW totally contradicts Nelson Mandela's strong beliefs in education. Her behavior and comments show not only a lack of education, but a lack of general awareness of the most important issues in her country. How in the world will she help PA run another country? Heaven help Monaco.

The other thing that has gotten my attention is everyone's reaction to her. People seem to just not like her. I haven't found such dislike regarding Albert's other women.

This whole story reminds me of when Caroline married Phillipe Junot. People didn't like him either. Grace, Rainier and many others tried desperately to warn Caro of the disaster that would happen if she married him. But young Caro was determined and Grace and Rainier said all they could do was sit back and watch the engagement and marriage happen and then watch it all fall to pieces as everyone predicted.

It seems to be the general opinion that this will be the result of a marriage to CW. The only difference is Caro was only 21 years old and didn't have the future of the Principality depending on her the way PA does. Also, after the inevitable divorce in just 2 years, Rainier went to the Vatican and had the marriage annunlled, claiming it was the childish mistake of a young girl. PA is a 48 year old man who should know better and his dad isn't around to bail him out anymore.

I really hope our PA is smart enough to wait a while and think this through very carefully before he makes any decisions.

Neat2912 said:
I'm having a problem seeing the Intensity. I realize you folks,some of you, are just opining, but wouldn't PA be the most capable judge of what he wants? And needs in his life? And doesn't the buck stop with him?

Signed-Lost

Duh. Of course, that's a given. I don't think there is any poster who does not realize that. One would have to be severely mentally challenged not to realize that Prince Albert (or any individual) is the most capable judge of what he/she wants. I think everybody can say the same for ANY royal person that they may comment on in this message board. But as you say, we are just opining; itsn't that what you do on a message board.

I just have to say this. I made a similar comment as yours for my first post I ever made on another message board about another royal person. Somebody responded to me very curtly (and I thought rather rudely) that the purpose of a message board is to comment/opine about royals (their lives, including their love life). They then asked me why would I come to a messageboard and critique others who do just that. I felt so insulted that I never wrote anything again. Now, I finally understand that poster's reply. I now understand how frustrated they must have felt.

So, I am "lost" to why some people critique other posters not for any particular content or validity of a comment that they may post in a thread, but they critique them for the simple act of COMMENTING on a particular royal's life.

Just my opinion,

signed - Lost Also

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom