The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pama
You know I have read every magazine artical on her and they have nothing bad to say about her, they saying she look like PG I don't see it but they do say that.I think the bad commets are only coming from us.Sometimes magazines prints story to sell but there is some what truth in it Him spending his birthday with her is to me means more than just dating.I have look over all the pictures of her and PA and he is into her very much He took her to the olympic knowing very well she will be on every cover.
I do not think you will find anything negative printed about her in the magazines. For the most part, Charlene passed the major princess suitability test as far as the press is concerned – she is attractive, no previous marriage, no children (qty of ex-boyfriends doesn't matter - she is suitability as long she doesn't produce a child), and she is not a black African flight attendant Magazines are a business. Their main purpose is to sell magazines. A new beautiful Princess of Monaco will make and sell lots of covers.

I think Charlene is attractive. IF they marry, with Albert’s resources, I think she will look beautiful on every magazine cover and photo that she is on (i.e. teeth will be fixed, skin will be rejuvenated with visits to a great dermatologist, and hair will look full, shiny, & healthy). She will do a great job as a princess – greatness as determine by most message board posters is that she will look good on public occasions. She will produce an heir (most likely beautiful), stand beautifully on the balcony at each royal function, wear beautiful gowns (& hair, & makeup) at the balls, look really good besides Albert as he visits with heads of states and other royal families, and she will give great prepared speeches at Monaco public events.. That’s all we would have to go by. All will be well in message boards land because this is the bulk of what each poster talk about on all the forums.

I’ve mentioned my problems with Charlene before. It’s the small things that most will find trivial that I think speak volumes about her character that doesn’t show up in a pretty picture – giving a detail report of her first date with Albert to the press in 2001, the fawning all over him at the Olympics (I think to let everyone know the romantic status of their relationship because she didn’t do it at any of the subsequent events), hiring a public relations manager two weeks later, giving an interview with Paris Match two weeks later, her graphic public display of affection in Maldives in front of friends and strangers (the waiter is in the background of the picture where she is sucking/kissing on his chest), and her lack of education (including poor grades of the education that she does have).

Like Diana and Charles, everyone wanted a fairytale marriage. No one knew what really existed behind the pretty pictures. But, time told the truth.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
By MyAida Their main purpose is to sell magazines. A new beautiful princess of Monaco will make lots of covers.
Yes and a royal marriage that falls apart will sell even more.

Quote:
By MyAida I think Charlene is attractive. IF they marry, with Albert’s resources, I think she will look beautiful on every magazine cover and photo that she is on (i.e. teeth will be fixed, skin will be rejuvenated with visits to a great dermatologist, and hair will look full, shiny, & healthy). She will do a great job as a princess – greatness as determine by most message board posters is that she will look good on public occasions. She will produce an heir (most likely beautiful), stand beautifully on the balcony at each royal function, wear beautiful gowns (& hair, & makeup) at the balls, look really good besides Albert as he visits with heads of states and other royal families, and give great prepared speeches at Monaco public events
I disagree, I think that her standing there looking beautiful will be the extent of her contribution to Monaco. And with her lack of education and, as we've seen, just common sense in the media spotlight, there will a whole list of major embarassing blunders ahead. She will be the tabloid princess.

I guess a lot of people just wanted more for Prince Albert. I really was hoping he could find a nice girl who is educated, has a love for sports as he does, who really cares about him and his country and could really bring something great and classy to Monaco. I know there could never be another Princess Grace, and their shouldn't be. This is PA and his life. But I at least wanted someone who could stand by his side and help him build up Monaco in different ways that would bring respectability to it.

I hope the men on this board don't take offense to this comment, but you know the saying: "Behind every great man, there is a great woman!" (for example Grace, Jackie Kennedy, Hillary Clinton)

Unfortunately for PA, if he marries CW, he will never have that. Only a mannequin standing at his side. Beauty is only skin deep.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII
I hope the men on this board don't take offense to this comment, but you know the saying: "Behind every great man, there is a great woman!" (for example Grace, Jackie Kennedy, Hillary Clinton)

Unfortunately for PA, if he marries CW, he will never have that. Only a mannequin standing at his side. Beauty is only skin deep.
But it will be his choice and a great man will also chose his woman wisely. So what does that tell us about PA if he makes a dumb choice?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
But it will be his choice and a great man will also chose his woman wisely. So what does that tell us about PA if he makes a dumb choice?
I still don't understand who you all can be so sure that the choice will be dumb.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I still don't understand who you all can be so sure that the choice will be dumb.
Who said we are sure? We still have hope And as far as I remember he hasn't made a choice yet. So I'll just hang in there and hope for the best.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Who said we are sure? We still have hope And as far as I remember he hasn't made a choice yet. So I'll just hang in there and hope for the best.
I agree...no one is sure...I think all of this hypothesizing is a little premature (fun, interesting, but premature). Like paca, I'm hoping that he'll make a choice that will allow him to have the "team" like his parents had and he claims he wants.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Gentry

Albert said " I have to ask myself if a woman likes me, does she like me for me or dos she like me for the possibility of becoming the next princess of Monaco."
Old 04-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who decides what is the 'right choice' ?

To get this straight. If Albert loves Charlene...and if she loves him..then this is very likely to be the right choice !
Old 04-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Who decides what is the 'right choice' ?

To get this straight. If Albert loves Charlene...and if she loves him..then this is very likely to be the right choice !
michelle, michelle... where have you been.... Have you missed the poll "Choose the next Princess of Monaco", and guess what.... It was NOT Charlene... It doesn't matter if Albert loves her.... I think it's time that you have to accept that....:p
Old 04-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
michelle, michelle... where have you been.... Have you missed the poll "Choose the next Princess of Monaco", and guess what.... It was NOT Charlene... It doesn't matter if Albert loves her.... I think it's time that you have to accept that....:p
Ah okay....poor me and poor Charlene ....:(....:p

...hey...but lucky Stephanie ...'cause as the fellow readers of "reliable" german illsutrated mags know...: Steph is in a hard fight with Charlene because Charlene doesn't want to play the game following Steph's rules ...

... :p ............oh oh ....

Old 04-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Nobility

<comment about deleted post removed - Elspeth>

Charlene does nothing for me, good or bad. But if I had to choose I would say she leaves me wanting. I think Paca posted that she heard (rumor) that she was not especially "popular", a comment I can fully understand. Even when she did her interview she came accross as shallow. Just plain shallow. Running after olympic glory, instead of academics. Yes, lots of people do it but training your whole life for a gold medal you will probably never get is a bit self indulgent, to say the least. I know she tried to make it okay by talking about her volunteer work giving swim lessons to kids but come on?? She hails from the poorest, most undereducated, AIDS infected continent in the world. Can't she do better than swim lessons? I'm sure if she marries PA she'll pull one out of her hat, but she has just come accross in a very empty way to me. I know, I'm being harsh, my opinion could change or we could learn more. But for today...
Old 04-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I posted this on the CW thread but it probably belongs here as well...

I meant to put in my two cents last night but got tired....I'm thirty six weeks pregnant and counting...

Charlene does nothing for me, good or bad. But if I had to choose I would say she leaves me wanting. I think Paca posted that she heard (rumor) that she was not especially "popular", a comment I can fully understand. Even when she did her interview she came accross as shallow. Just plain shallow. Running after olympic glory, instead of academics. Yes, lots of people do it but training your whole life for a gold medal you will probably never get is a bit self indulgent, to say the least. I know she tried to make it okay by talking about her volunteer work giving swim lessons to kids but come on?? She hails from the poorest, most undereducated, AIDS infected continent in the world. Can't she do better than swim lessons? I'm sure if she marries PA she'll pull one out of her hat, but she has just come accross in a very empty way to me. I know, I'm being harsh, my opinion could change or we could learn more. But for today...
I am not sure if I will be able to reply this with out getting deleted but that kind of poor leaving is not for white SA I will leave this comment short I have very much enjoy being on this forum so i do not want to alienated by my new found friends.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa

I guess shallow would be my impression of Charlene after reading the PM article. I knew I wanted to get the impression there was something else to her...but I was left wanting something. By the time the most people reach their late 20's, they have some sort of idea of what they want from their lives...I put down the magazine feeling that she really hadn't thought beyond her swimming career. I didn't realize that she was teaching on a voluntary level...I thought she was getting paid for that work. Oh, well...

The second part of your paragraph really hit home for me. I wonder if Charlene realizes that there is so much more good she could use her celebrity for in South Africa. If she should marry Albert, I don't think she'll "pull one out of her hat" -- I don't think it would occur to her. (I'd like to be proven wrong on that one.) In the achievements post, we all talk about how we have such high expectations for Albert based on his accession speech last July and some of his early actions. Maybe that's why we'd like to see more from a potential future Pss of Monaco. Even Albert has said that he envisioned having a "team" marriage like his parents had. It would be difficult for anyone to come out of the gate like Eleanor Roosevelt, but I would like to see a potential pss as someone who could grasp the sense of history around her husband's agenda and provide it with an appropriate framework much as Jackie Kennedy did with her husband's administration despite some of its blunders.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Aristocracy

So what kind of wife do you want to see Prince Albert to have?

Me.

I would like her to have a broad education. Now that does not mean she has to have a college degree. She could be trained in a speciality. She could even been self educated. I know a lot of people who are continually reading to learn more on the subject that has their attention at that time.

I would like to see close to Albert's age. I'm sorry I think when there is 20 or more years between spouses there can't be anything there but sex and money.

Looks are important but not the only thing.

To me the most important thing would be for there to be love.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I guess shallow would be my impression of Charlene after reading the PM article. I knew I wanted to get the impression there was something else to her...but I was left wanting something. By the time the most people reach their late 20's, they have some sort of idea of what they want from their lives...I put down the magazine feeling that she really hadn't thought beyond her swimming career. I didn't realize that she was teaching on a voluntary level...I thought she was getting paid for that work. Oh, well...

The second part of your paragraph really hit home for me. I wonder if Charlene realizes that there is so much more good she could use her celebrity for in South Africa. If she should marry Albert, I don't think she'll "pull one out of her hat" -- I don't think it would occur to her. (I'd like to be proven wrong on that one.) In the achievements post, we all talk about how we have such high expectations for Albert based on his accession speech last July and some of his early actions. Maybe that's why we'd like to see more from a potential future Pss of Monaco. Even Albert has said that he envisioned having a "team" marriage like his parents had. It would be difficult for anyone to come out of the gate like Eleanor Roosevelt, but I would like to see a potential pss as someone who could grasp the sense of history around her husband's agenda and provide it with an appropriate framework much as Jackie Kennedy did with her husband's administration despite some of its blunders.
Someone with some depth would be good. But then, I read somewhere that PA Actually likes 'diaphanous blonds' so, it might be asking a lot of his current girlfriend, but who knows, she should have some ability to learn something. They can always send her to remedial school if they need to:)
Old 04-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539
So what kind of wife do you want to see Prince Albert to have?

Me.

I would like her to have a broad education. Now that does not mean she has to have a college degree. She could be trained in a speciality. She could even been self educated. I know a lot of people who are continually reading to learn more on the subject that has their attention at that time.

I would like to see close to Albert's age. I'm sorry I think when there is 20 or more years between spouses there can't be anything there but sex and money.

Looks are important but not the only thing.

To me the most important thing would be for there to be love.
I agree with that. Someone who seems to have something more to offer than just the physical, perhaps someone that might be be able to do more than just to swim until unable to compete anymore. But then, if that's her ambition, oh well...

I wonder how she is supporting herself, if she is only doing a volunteer work. Does she do anything else? I guess she may decide to grab onto something since Albert is involved in so much, maybe they could give her something to do.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Nobility

Alicia Warlick - the type of wife for albert

I've already voiced my dislike of Charlene as a suitable wife for a head of state and sovereign ruler – Prince Albert II. And, I’ve already stated my reasons why. I just wanted to highlight some information I found on a website for Alicia Warlick (one of Albert’s former girlfriends). On the surface, Alicia and Charlene have many things in common – blond, blue eyes, attractive, competitive athletes, almost the same age (Alicia was born in Oct. 1977), and of course they both dated Albert. Below are some excerpts that I think highlights some of the major differences between the two women – things of substance. I still think Albert should look for substance in a wife.

Albert took Alicia to several Monaco official events as his date. Not once did Alicia (or her family) hired a PR manager and spoke to the press after these events. Granted, they are no longer dating, so obviously the relationship did not work out and she was not the one for him. But, she symbolizes some of the characteristics that I feel (I know he doesn’t care what I think) he should look for in a mate - beauty (I hate to admit this, but we live in a beauty focused society), intelligence, class, and athletic (or at least healthy). Of course, he should be in love with the woman he decides to marry and she should possess other characteristics such as kindness, charm, and be an engaging conversationalist. But, these are characteristics most of us wouldn’t know unless they confess these things or we meet them in person.

From Alicia’s website: http://www.aliciawarlick.com/ (the website hasn’t been updated since 2004. So, I don’t know what’s going on with her). I think this is the type of website Charlene will set up – if it doesn’t work out with Albert. She will have no need to create this type of website if she is a princess in waiting. Non-team professional athletics need sponsors.

High School Years.Although track was a substantial part of her high school experience, in high school Alicia remained focused on schoolwork. At the end of her senior year, Alicia graduated 33rd in her class of 757. She had also obtained a perfect score of 800 on the mathematics portion of the Scholastic Aptitude Test, the American college entrance exam. "My parents really helped keep me and my brother focused. In high school it was sometimes difficult to balance athletics, my friendships and my schoolwork. My parents worked hard to make sure that balance was there for me."

College Years. In the fall of 1995, Alicia entered Harvard University, majoring in economics. At Harvard, Alicia served as a sports journalist for the Harvard newspaper, an academic tutor, and as a peer counselor. Alicia joined the Harvard team as a hurdler, and first experimented with the pole vault as a member of a private Boston athletic club. "I enjoyed tremendously the intellectual and cultural excitement of the University, and for the first time I was able to shape completely my own course of study."
Alicia continued her program at Harvard through the fall of 1996. In the spring 1997, Alicia decided to take a sabbatical to hone her track skills, and during the following fall, she decided to attend Stanford University for a one-year term to train and compete with the best collegiate competitors.

Later Years. Alicia has taken a leave from Harvard to train full time for the 2004 Olympics in Athens. She is being trained by Tom Tellez, the eminent former track and field coach for the University of Houston, who trained the outstanding Olympian, Carl Lewis.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Nobility

Also, here's a picture of Alicia from her website.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Warlick.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	239403  
Old 04-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Gentry

So what you are suggesting is that he should have married her?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Zenobia
So what you are suggesting is that he should have married her?
No, not at all. Let me repeat what I said above. I highlighted the pertinent thing I was trying to convey in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Granted, they are no longer dating, so obviously the relationship did not work out and she was not the one for him. But, she symbolizes some of the characteristics that I feel (I know he doesn’t care what I think) he should look for in a mate - beauty (I hate to admit this, but we live in a beauty focused society), intelligence, class, and athletic (or at least healthy). Of course, he should be in love with the woman he decides to marry and she should possess other characteristics such as kindness, charm, and be an engaging conversationalist. But, these are characteristics most of us wouldn’t know unless they confess these things or we meet them in person.