The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539
It seems that every web site says that Albert is going to South Africia and visit Charlene after his return from the North Pole. But is it written anywhere officially? Does Albert have a published agenda out there or is this just a rumor?

Also, does anyone have a rough guess as to how long Albert stays with a girl? I understand with NC it was about 5 years, but he was seeing others at the same time. Didn't he propose to Alicia (the other swimmer) during this same time frame? Over Christmas wasn't he also seeing Miss Germany? I think I saw a photo of them out and about.

I have to admit I'm still trying to catch up with his comings and goings. This has been one busy little boy.
Maryellen you crack me up...

I think it was written that he would go on safari in S. Africa in April about the time he went there for a "private holiday" in January. Albert is different than his father in that he never lowers the flag when he leaves the Palace so no one really knows if he is there or not. His way of maintaining some privacy.

The duration of a relationship I think all depends on how long his interest stays. He was with NC for about 5 years -- during the end of that time he was dating Alicia Warlick, the American track star, and it was the same time there were the engagement rumors about Tacha. No one knows what happened to Alicia. She just sort of disappeared. I heard about the Miss Germany thing too but again, who knows if it was real or they were just seen together at an event and tongues started wagging.

Old 04-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Like I said I have been trying to catch up this fellow. Albert is out there in the press everytime he is seen talking to a lady. Where as Prince Andrew is hardly ever shown with a women.

It seems to me the press with Charlene is different than with the other women. Now maybe it is her PR person doing this.

The other thing that has gotten my attention is everyone's reaction to her. People seem to just not like her. I haven't found such dislike regarding Albert's other women. Why do you think this is so?

Now I have admit, I don't care for her. In just a few months she has shone me that she is a [ ed: removed disparaging comment ] and nothing more. After the article with Grandmother, I now have a bad taste for the whole family. I would be disappointed if Albert lowers himself and marrys her.

Old 04-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Annabelle Bond? She's 36, she's British, worked in real estate, shares PA's love of sports and apparently concern of global warming since she's on his expedition team to the North Pole and she hasn't opened her mouth about the prince. I don't know if she's married. That would be a bumber. see here for more: http://www.monaco.arctic-expedition....f/HomeGb10.htm, click on 'expedition team'.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Annabelle Bond? She's 36, she's British, worked in real estate, shares PA's love of sports and apparently concern of global warming since she's on his expedition team to the North Pole and she hasn't opened her mouth about the prince. I don't know if she's married. That would be a bumber. see here for more: http://www.monaco.arctic-expedition....f/HomeGb10.htm, click on 'expedition team'.
Annabelle Bond was the same woman that Albert spent at least one outing on the Pacha with last summer. Someone blew up the picture when she was facing the camera (it's on one of these threads) and it is the exact same woman. So, it seems something either happened or could have happened last summer. But, then came Charlene again. So, if there was anything between them Charlene would not have ever happened. Annabelle's bio is impressive ! Much better than Charlene's. But, we do not know anything about these women's personality or the chemistry between them and Albert - while Albert does. And he's with Charlene. But, who knows, in sub-artic temperatures even the dogs might start looking good.

Again, Albert seems to have a history of dating more than one woman at a time. So, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
The duration of a relationship I think all depends on how long his interest stays. He was with NC for about 5 years -- during the end of that time he was dating Alicia Warlick, the American track star, and it was the same time there were the engagement rumors about Tacha. No one knows what happened to Alicia. She just sort of disappeared. I heard about the Miss Germany thing too but again, who knows if it was real or they were just seen together at an event and tongues started wagging.
Yes, this does seem to indicate that Albert dates more than one woman at a time. But, who knows maybe Albert gets dump sometimes also. perhaps there is a woman out there who will not settle for this type of disrespect - regardless if he is a billionaire prince. We do not know who call it off between Alicia and him. He did take her as his date to high profile Monaco official events. I think Tasha is hanging around Monaco with the hopes of still catching Albert's attention. No serious aspiring actress or model will be hanging out in Monaco if they are looking for work. When Albert gets engage (to whomever), I think Tasha will move away from Monaco.

Actually, Albert was not really "with NC for about 5 years." There was a 5 year elapsed time period from the date that he met Nicole and the date that Alexandre was conceived. Even she (who tried her best to paint the most postive picture of her relationship with Albert) had to admit he cooled it off way before Alexandre was conceived. She called him (several times before he return her call) and asked him to celbrate her birthday with her. He was even late that night (she waited hours). I'm sorry to say this, but Albert treated Nicole like his little dark secret. In five years, he only took her to a few minor Monaco official functions and even then he did not make it clear that she was his date. Sorry, but Nicole was a 5-year booty call. And based on her Paris Match interview, she was doing most of the calling. He paraded his other (hence - white) women out in the open. Imagine how she must have felt everytime she read one of those tabloid magazines and saw pictures of Albert with Tasha, Alicia, and other "Albert's angels". Nobody knew about her. I think her many post Alexandre acknowledgement interviews were because she did not receive the recognition as Albert's girlfriend she so desparately wanted during the "5 year period"

Mya
Old 04-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Annabelle Bond was the same woman that Albert spent at least one outing on the Pacha with last summer...
This is sad I feel sorry for NC, More for Alex no amount of money can make Up for knowing your Father did not want you to be born ,this is sad.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539
It seems to me the press with Charlene is different than with the other women. Now maybe it is her PR person doing this.

The other thing that has gotten my attention is everyone's reaction to her. People seem to just not like her. I haven't found such dislike regarding Albert's other women. Why do you think this is so?

Now I have admit, I don't care for her. In just a few months she has shone me that she is a [ed: removed disparaging comment ] and nothing more. After the article with Grandmother, I now have a bad taste for the whole family. I would be disappointed if Albert lowers himself and marrys her.
I have to give Charlene her "props" (American slang for regognition or due credit). She is suave. As she stated in her Paris Match interview, when she wants something she is very determined until she achieves it. She was determined to make the 2000 Olympics and now she states that she is just as determined to make the 2008 Olympics. She swears that is the only thing that she is focusing on right now. Time will tell if she is a liar or not.

What rubs me about Charlene? She is the only one of Albert's (who knows how many) dates in 48 years who 1) gave a detail account of their first date to a reporter right after the date (hence, 2001 interview) and 2) hired a public relations person and gave a full interview about herself after two weeks of letting the world know that she was romantically involved with Prince Albert. Although, the ground rule was that she would not talk about the Prince. Hello! Did she really think that Paris Match would have interviewed a South African swimmer who placed 5th on a swimming relay team in the 2000 Olympics and who hasn't done anything since then if she was not involved with the Prince of Monaco.

I think any grandma would be pround if their granddaughter was dating a prince. But, there are some family members who do keep quite about it. What I did not see on grandma's fridge was a picture of Charlene's high school graduation. Does anyone even know if this woman graduated from high school? She left home at 17 to train with her coach. She stated grades were not important to her. Don't you think if she would have graduated from high school grandma would have had it displayed with her other grade school pictures? Ok, I will admit, I am a little snobbish when it comes to an education. I place a high importance on it, especially higher education. I know some posters feel it is not important. In the past most monarchs did not place a high importnace on it either, Actually, I believe Prince Charles was the first in his family to obtain a college degree. Now, it seems most royal families deem it a necessity.

Mya
Old 04-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

I'm having a problem seeing the Intensity. I realize you folks,some of you, are just opining, but wouldn't PA be the most capable judge of what he wants? And needs in his life? And doesn't the buck stop with him?

Signed-Lost
Old 04-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Nobility

i've been itching to make this comment for a while. ever since everyone started excusing Charlene because she was only 28, but Grace was only 26 when she married and she did such a phenomenal job at it. just that should prove that at charlene's age she should have her life together and not do all this high school stuff i should be doing, funny thing is i wouldn't ever do that, and i'm 16! i guess it really depends on how you were brought up, morals, values, principles, you know stuff like that. it shows in how you behave. age should not be an excuse, i think. the level of maturity a person shows clearly indicates the upbringing of that person, and well i'm not going to comment on Charlene's.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
What I did not see on grandma's fridge was a picture of Charlene's high school graduation. Does anyone even know if this woman graduated from high school? She left home at 17 to train with her coach. She stated grades were not important to her. Don't you think if she would have graduated from high school grandma would have had it displayed with her other grade school pictures? Ok, I will admit, I am a little snobbish when it comes to an education. I place a high importance on it, especially higher education.

MyAida, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the education issue. In the world today, EDUCATION is IMPORTANT! If you are going to be a princess or first lady of any kind you will be mingling with heads of states from all over the world and in every country education is at the top of government priority lists.

If CW left home at 17, it is possible she doesn't even have a high school diploma. Good heavens Albie, wake up please!

It amazes me that she says grades and school aren't important especially being from South Africa and "claiming" that Nelson Mandela is like her grandfather. If you read any of NM's writings, he always stresses how important educating people is and that it is the only way to bring about positive changes in South Africa and any country. CW totally contradicts Nelson Mandela's strong beliefs in education. Her behavior and comments show not only a lack of education, but a lack of general awareness of the most important issues in her country. How in the world will she help PA run another country? Heaven help Monaco.

Quote:
The other thing that has gotten my attention is everyone's reaction to her. People seem to just not like her. I haven't found such dislike regarding Albert's other women.
This whole story reminds me of when Caroline married Phillipe Junot. People didn't like him either. Grace, Rainier and many others tried desperately to warn Caro of the disaster that would happen if she married him. But young Caro was determined and Grace and Rainier said all they could do was sit back and watch the engagement and marriage happen and then watch it all fall to pieces as everyone predicted.

It seems to be the general opinion that this will be the result of a marriage to CW. The only difference is Caro was only 21 years old and didn't have the future of the Principality depending on her the way PA does. Also, after the inevitable divorce in just 2 years, Rainier went to the Vatican and had the marriage annunlled, claiming it was the childish mistake of a young girl. PA is a 48 year old man who should know better and his dad isn't around to bail him out anymore.

I really hope our PA is smart enough to wait a while and think this through very carefully before he makes any decisions.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat2912
I'm having a problem seeing the Intensity. I realize you folks,some of you, are just opining, but wouldn't PA be the most capable judge of what he wants? And needs in his life? And doesn't the buck stop with him?

Signed-Lost
Duh. Of course, that's a given. I don't think there is any poster who does not realize that. One would have to be severely mentally challenged not to realize that Prince Albert (or any individual) is the most capable judge of what he/she wants. I think everybody can say the same for ANY royal person that they may comment on in this message board. But as you say, we are just opining; itsn't that what you do on a message board.

I just have to say this. I made a similar comment as yours for my first post I ever made on another message board about another royal person. Somebody responded to me very curtly (and I thought rather rudely) that the purpose of a message board is to comment/opine about royals (their lives, including their love life). They then asked me why would I come to a messageboard and critique others who do just that. I felt so insulted that I never wrote anything again. Now, I finally understand that poster's reply. I now understand how frustrated they must have felt.

So, I am "lost" to why some people critique other posters not for any particular content or validity of a comment that they may post in a thread, but they critique them for the simple act of COMMENTING on a particular royal's life.

Just my opinion,

signed - Lost Also
Old 04-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Signed-Lost
It's his life and he can do what he wants but when you look at the women he runs around with, it's obvious he has very bad judgement imo. Maybe not as bad as Stephanie's but bad just the same. And yes the buck stops with him.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Signed-Lost
You are right. The buck stops with him.

You are right. Prince Albert is the most capable of judge of what he wants.

I have been trying to figure out why I am reacting to Charlene as I am. Why didn't I react negatively to Prince Alberts other girlfriends?

If I figure it out, I'll let you know.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by /pama
It in her eyes as if she knows something. on the boat she walk with great confident with PA walking right behind her.I don"t like her but what do I know. is up to the people of monaca.I am sure He been dating her long before Turino.about it, just us he date NC and it was a surprise for royal watchers.I don't believe her Grand ma will make up something like that on her.
You are right, pama, no one knows how long they have been an item. However, CW doesn't seem like the type to have kept quiet for long. She may or may not have been the blonde he was necking with the night before the Pcss Grace Fdn Awards but she wasn't at that dinner and she wasn't at the Rose Ball...all that makes me think that he's not ready to make an announcement any time soon. They've been caught by the paparazzi but only at private, unofficial functions. (Olympics was semi-official -- they were seen at private parties and as spectators at certain events. I thought it was a big deal he didn't take her to the bobsled events.) If he were considering marrying her and an announcement was soon, she'd be with him at more high profile events where she could interact with people that she'd be in contact regularly once she was his wife.

I have to say that she had the same confidence in Tornio as she did in the Maldives. I don't think it means anything other than she knew she was getting all kinds of attention from the press and personally I think she craves that. She is a woman who just radiates confidence -- it's probably something she learned when she was competing. I think she feeds Grandma information that she thinks Grandma wants to hear. Half of the story in Bunte, about what Charlene is currently doing to prepare for marrying Albert was completely erroneous -- particularly the parts about her converting to Catholicism and approaching Prince Charles for release from the Anglican Church. Any and all such matters are considered private and are done on a very local level. If Albert had to make arrangements, things would be done through Msgr. Barsi and directly to the Vatican. The point about not being able to tell her coach what was happening was taken straight from a Point de Vue article. She may be taking French and etiquette lessons, but I get the feeling she's doing that on her own b/c past experiences in Albert's world made her feel awkward.

What rubs me wrong about Charlene? I have to second the opinions of MyAdia, enchantednights, and WindsorIII. For me, most of all, it's the fact that I feel that she is more interested in Albert the Prince rather than Albert the man. She is dazzled by the vacations, partying with the European jet set, and his CV as is her whole family. This was apparent in '01 and again five years later; Albert could secretly torture puppies and kittens and I think they would all still be enamoured with him. As enchanted pointed out, she is a pretty immature 28 and most of us have said that she is not the most worldly or intellectual person in the world, so I can't wonder what they talk about other than sports. She really knows nothing else. Other than that the relationship is purely physical. Reminds me a lot of Charles and Di and we all know how that ended.

Yes, the buck stops with Albert and only he knows what he really wants from a wife, but if he truly wants to set an example for the younger members of his family, he needs to about the nature of his own relationships and what kind of person with whom hopes to rule Monaco. Look back to the quote I got from that l'Express article and posted last night: you have to ask yourself, does Charlene fit that description. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and she claims she makes him laugh, but does she have what it takes to provide that "team" like relationship that his parents had? We all have such high hopes for Albert as a leader; the wrong choice of consort could derail any credibility he has on the world stage.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:14 AM
Majesty

Let's try to keep this discussion on topic. Remember that rumours, gossip and conjectures do not belong in a Royal Forums thread. Remember to post links to articles and magazines to corroborate your stories.

Please take time to review the Rules & Guidelines before posting.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Monaco Moderator
Old 04-16-2006, 02:35 AM
Gentry

I have to agree that Annabelle Bond's bio is impressive. And she seems to have a big personality. I heard that Charlize Theron is now single too. She would make a lovely wife.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:36 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
You are right, pama, no one knows how long they have been an item...
You maybe right,but PA is 48 He will have to start another relationship get to know that person how long is that going to take he want to get married he said this him self.This is her. It make me sick really,with out any children from PA. PC and her children are in line I am sure she will do a wonderful job but her next is Andrea and to me he look more like a beach bum then any thing else I understand he did not even attend collage
Old 04-16-2006, 06:41 AM
Gentry

i dont think CW existed with PA anytime last year and this is because....

in THIS article posted 07 September 2005 she is talking about a comeback.. (follow the link for full interview)

Quote:
The queen of South African swimming, Charlene Wittstock, is back - and set on being the lady of the rings.

Wittstock, 27, has set her sights on the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China, and aims to go out at the top with a medal at the biggest event on the swimming calendar.
In an exclusive interview, Wittstock said says a variety of factors, not the least of which was a word of encouragement from Nelson Mandela, has spurred her return to the water, and Durban. "Despite what many people think, I had never retired," says Wittstock, who has rejoined the Mr Price Seagulls club at their Lahee Park base as she prepares to race the 50m and 100m backstroke events.
http://www.superswimmer.co.za/defaul...42&des=article

She then made an appearance at the KZN aquatic champs 14 December 2005
as shown in this article

Quote:
The women's 100m backstroke should be a classic with Corfe and KZN record holder and Olympian, Charlene Wittstock (Tuks), in a class of their own and Wittstock on the comeback trail.
http://www.superswimmer.co.za/defaul...55&des=article

she couldnt have kept it quite with all the talking she did at turin...my guess is when PA visited SA they got in touch again and then she popped up in turin and gave up her career. which is sad, but also makes me think PA wouldnt let her give up swimming if he hadnt indicated there would be something more from their relationship.

And i am also with the guys..i have absolutely no reason why she bugs the heck out of me...but she does.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Courtier

If he sees more than one woman at a time as has been discussed, CW might just be one of his one-weekend-a-month gf's. In my heart of hearts and impo, I don't think he will ever marry. He seems happy and relieved to pass the throne to his sister PC's line.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiawanika
she couldnt have kept it quite with all the talking she did at turin...my guess is when PA visited SA they got in touch again and then she popped up in turin and gave up her career. which is sad, but also makes me think PA wouldnt let her give up swimming if he hadnt indicated there would be something more from their relationship.
They meet up again once and then indicates that she may be the one so she has to drop everything??????? That is just a little too bizarre for my tastes considering how monumental such a decision this is and how deep the ramifications can be. I think she took this all on herself...it's a sign of her immaturity...why give up something that made you attractive to the other person in the first place? JMO.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy

I want to believe he will not. But he might feel so pressured into getting married and having children that he will make bad choice for himself. One that in a few years he will regret.