The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
I was totally turned off by her behavior. Does this woman work? In her Paris Match interview she stated that all of her energies are focused on making the the 2008 Olympics. I doubt that very serious.

Charlene puts on her show only during the first day. She really wanted everyone to know that she and Prince Albert are romantically involved. She’s looking directly at the cameras and fawning all over him. By the second day probably after seeing the headlines, I am sure she realized that she was successful. There are no fawning pictures.
So was I but I thought it was at the skiing that CW had her head in PA's lap? She was gabbing to the press by Monday the 13th...the lovers' holiday quote, etc. She was gone by the 15th/16th. Albert probably told her to cool it in front of the photographers... What she was doing with him in private in The Maldives is their own business but from the photos that were printed she seemed to be the more physically aggressive/demonstrative of the pair; even on the boat, she was the one draped over Albert. In the swimming photos, I can't remember if he pulled her into the water or she pulled him...then there was the infamous pose with her face in his chest where at least Albert realized there was a photographer around but I think she knew too. So she didn't exactly stop...

Old 04-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy

Yes,CW does seem to be the most physically aggressive of the pair.She seems very confident in her actions.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
Yes,CW does seem to be the most physically aggressive of the pair.She seems very confident in her actions.
My mother's generation would have called it something else.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

Somewhere I read that Prince Albert filed a law suit against a magazine that published an article about him and Telma Ortiz, Princess Letizia of Spain's sister. Does anyone know what happened with that one? Or with this supposed relationship?
Old 04-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539
Somewhere I read that Prince Albert filed a law suit against a magazine that published an article about him and Telma Ortiz, Princess Letizia of Spain's sister. Does anyone know what happened with that one? Or with this supposed relationship?
i don't think there was really any romantic involvement between the two of them.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
He threatened to sue but I'm not sure if he carried it forward. Unfortunately Ms. Ortiz - smart, beautiful, multi-lingual, including French, educated, accomplished and a humanitarian - is just not PA's type.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It was all made up by the tabloids. Maybe slow news week? Telma has a boyfriend, or at least a steady man in her life. And if she didn't, she could have her pick of the litter since she seems to have caught the eye of a lot of people during the royal wedding. And she is too much for Albert, who has a pattern to go after light weights in the brain department.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Toledo. It seems that to find the truth I have to sort through all the fibs.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
It was all made up by the tabloids. Maybe slow news week? Telma has a boyfriend, or at least a steady man in her life. And if she didn't, she could have her pick of the litter since she seems to have caught the eye of a lot of people during the royal wedding. And she is too much for Albert, who has a pattern to go after light weights in the brain department.
Yeah, Albert doesn't want a strong-willed woman to be by his side; that's what Caroline and Stephanie are for!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Gentry

I have seen same Photos of Tasha de vasconcelos and she look like she can be Princes of monaco she looks great I wonder why she and PA broke up she looks great.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Courtier

Of all the girls seen on Albert's arm I think that Tasha de Vasconcelos was the most stunning and elegant....a good choice for a wife.

Stellad
Old 04-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad
Of all the girls seen on Albert's arm I think that Tasha de Vasconcelos was the most stunning and elegant....a good choice for a wife.

Stellad
It takes more than looks to be a princess. You have to want to perform the role not just accept the perks. For a lot of women in show business/ entertainment/modeling, it would probably be difficult to transition being the center of attention to being relegated to a supporting role where your wants, needs, desires, and interests aren't at the top of anyone's agenda including yours. Any woman can be made over to look the role, to perform successfully in the role is another matter.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
It takes more than looks to be a princess. You have to want to perform the role not just accept the perks. For a lot of women in show business/ entertainment/modeling, it would probably be difficult to transition being the center of attention to being relegated to a supporting role where your wants, needs, desires, and interests aren't at the top of anyone's agenda including yours. Any woman can be made over to look the role, to perform successfully in the role is another matter.
In continuation of pinklady's excellent point, whereas, presently many of us are free to speak and act as we truly want to, without having to consider if the public will approve, when one is in a royal position, they are rarely free to speak and act as they desire. Instead, (and IMO) they must speak and act in a manner that pleases the public. It can be VERY confining.

Thus, if one is not raised to behave in such a considerate way, so that it becomes part of their disposition, then in order for them to enter into a situation (i.e. marriage) where they will be expected to behave so, it would be very beneficial if their natural disposition is to consistently put the thoughts and feelings of others before their own.

On the other hand, if their natural inclination is to put themself first, then upon entering into say, a royal marriage, they will experience a lot of internal conflict between duty and being true to themself.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Aristocracy

I think that a woman who is clever and manipulative might have an advantage in catching the prince and tying the knot .
But if she is in it just to have the televised fairy tale wedding and become a princess, the union will be weakened after a few years...
Old 04-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
I think that a woman who is clever and manipulative might have an advantage in catching the prince and tying the knot .
But if she is in it just to have the televised fairy tale wedding and become a princess, the union will be weakened after a few years...
I agree, and that is where one's Advisors are of vital importance, to prevent such a misaligned union in the first place.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy

But what about the women, like Charlene, that would have to convert to marry? I am afraid I can only find fault in that type of a woman.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
But what about the women, like Charlene, that would have to convert to marry? I am afraid I can only find fault in that type of a woman.
Having to convert wouldn't/shouldn't automatically disqualify her. My issue arises if she should just think of it as "some silly little rule" and only give lip service to the tenets of Catholicism. A friend went through the Rites of Initiation to Catholicism for Adults (RICA) to marry her husband and she has embraced her new faith whole heartedly. I don't know if CW is a practicing Anglican (my initial impression is no) and I don't think PA is that devout either. Monaco does tithe the Vatican quite handsomely and in light of some of the issues that PA and the family has faced those requirements might increase. (Actually, Rainier and the Vatican got into a bit of a snit over Caroline's annulment -- he refused to pay until it was granted and the Holy See required a larger tithe which was eventually paid...)

Caroline seems to be the one who has followed her parents' lead and for the most part has refound her faith. Ernst is not Catholic and neither is Alexandra but I don't believe she married Ernst in a Catholic ceremony. But then again, from my own experience I know that having faced certain personal challenges, faith can be made stronger. Age also has a lot to do with finding one's way back to God as does the birth of children.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It takes more than looks to be a princess. You have to want to perform the role not just accept the perks. For a lot of women in show business/ entertainment/modeling, it would probably be difficult to transition being the center of attention to being relegated to a supporting role where your wants, needs, desires, and interests aren't at the top of anyone's agenda including yours
couldnt it be possible that if she is popular that different groups would want to have her as a spokes person?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
couldnt it be possible that if she is popular that different groups would want to have her as a spokes person?
Popularity fades particularly in today's electronic age -- one's fifteen minutes are probably now five; many models and actresses who were popular 10 years ago are a distant memory now. Grace made a go of it b/c she wholeheartedly embraced her role as wife/mother/princess. She instinctively understood that Rainier was the star and she was relegated to the supporting role. Some of the cracks in their marriage may have been caused when her fame/popularity eclipsed his. The primary role of the Princess of Monaco is not to be any one group's spokesperson, it is to be consort and hostess for her husband. Charitable works come second.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Aristocracy

Also as a spokeperson, she has to be very careful what/which group she chooses to, since Monaco wants to be seen as neutral country. Any cause that could have any if distant connection to politics, war, siding with one area; even religion it's a no no.

Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Closed Thread