A Wife for Albert part III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paca said:
I'm sorry to disagree here, but you would find just as many women around him if he looked like quasimodo and would treat them badly. He is filthy rich, he is a prince and he is a man and that means he is attracting a lot of women just like some decaying animal attracts a lot of flies. It doesn't say anything about his qualities as a man or human being, just as the flies don't tell you what sort of animal is decaying.

True...very, very true. But I think there is something to be said about the fact that Albert knows he attracts a certain kind of woman, but does nothing to protect himself from them. All I can think of is Marlene Dietrich's quote, "A man is more interested in a woman who is interested in him regardless of what her legs look like." There has to be an insecurity issue going on somewhere in PA's head.

It's sad to think that all women are attracted to men like PA strictly b/c of who he happens to be rather than the person he is. Maybe that's why none of his past relationships seemed to work out: the women were in love with an image, an ideal that they created in thier own minds, and he played the part for a while, but when reality came crashing down, the prince was just another man.

MyAdia said:
[/size][/font]
[/color]

This is what was published in The Express. Also, something similar was mentioned in the Paris Match article.

L'Express du 04/07/2005 par Eric Pelletier, Jean-Marie Pontaut

Mais, pour l'ancienne hôtesse de l'air, l'argent ne fait pas tout. Elle veut surtout éviter que son fils ne soit élevé dans l'ombre, comme un bâtard qu'on dote pour mieux le cacher. Elle veut absolument qu'Alexandre puisse au plus vite rencontrer son grand-père. «Une idée fixe, qui tournait à l'obsession», explique un proche d'Albert. C'est précisément ce que veut éviter le futur souverain. Des lettres, accompagnées de photos, sont envoyées au palais, mais elles n'arriveront jamais à destination. La mère aurait même été éconduite par les gardes du Rocher. Dans ce contexte politique délicat, où le souverain est gravement malade, la naissance d'un enfant naturel poserait forcément un délicat problème de succession. Les réactions de Rainier, échaudé par les frasques de ses filles, demeurent imprévisibles.

Here’s my translation (my French is rudimentary):

But, for the former flight attendant, money is not everything. She especially wants to avoid that her son is not raised in the shadow, like a bastard who they endow to hide him better. She absolutely wants that Alexander can meet his grandfather as quickly as possible. « A set idea, which turned into an obsession », explains a close friend of Albert's. This is precisely what the future sovereign wants to avoid. Letters, accompanied with photographs, are sent to the palace, but they will never reach the destination. The mother would even have been turned away by the nurses of the Rock. In this delicate political context, where the sovereign is seriously ill, the birth of a natural child would necessarily pose a delicate problem of succession. The reactions of Rainier, scalded by the reckless adventures of his daughters, remain unpredictable.
So, based on this interview, Nicole was dead set on Rainier knowing about Alexandre, including even going down to the Palace. Remember, it was Nicole who said that Albert cooled down their relationship once Rainier met her at a dinner. So, I think a lot of her action was out of spite. She must have felt humiliated to be rejected like that bby her boyfriend's father (and Albert didn't stand up for her either, but shewas already in love with him after the first date). So, do you believe she was sending HER family pictures of Alexandre so Alexnadre could get to know them as she was sending Rainer. This woman was determine to ingratiate herself in this family. How many mothers do you know would want to bring their 1-year old child in an empty chapel to see a dead old man (who he has never seen before) in a casket as she did when she begged Albert to let her come to the funeral (but the closest she got was to see Rainer’s body in the Palace chapel). I think Nicole so desperately wanted that “wave from the balcony” moment. She stated in this interview and in the Paris Match interview that she still loved Albert and even asked him to have sex with her, even after he told her to have an abortion, did not come to see the baby in the hospital, and did not see him until months later. I am sorry, but Nicole is one calculating and desperate woman who got the best of of a prince. I wonder if she is really happy now.

Although I respect the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion I have to say, I completely disagree with you. Prince Albert is not some poor, lonely, vulnerable little boy who needs protecting, he is a grown man who can fend for himself. I'm not saying that everything Nicole did is justified but if you are going to judge one of them you have to judge both of them.

AplePie said:
Although I respect the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion I have to say, I completely disagree with you. Prince Albert is not some poor, lonely, vulnerable little boy who needs protecting, he is a grown man who can fend for himself. I'm not saying that everything Nicole did is justified but if you are going to judge one of them you have to judge both of them.

Yes, I agree that Prince Albert is not some poor, lonely, vulnerable little boy who needs protecting. But, that does not mean that women do not prey on him also. Women are not these poor helpless creatures also. We need to stop giving away all our power. I do believe that Prince Albert lays on the charm really heavy. No ex-girlfriend has really dogged him (not even Nicole). They've all said he was extremely charming, nice, generous, and a true gentlemen. I think Albert tells these women what they want to hear. In Charlene's interview after her first date with Albert in 2001, she said (I'm paraphrasing) he told her he almost married a swimmer and that he has to get married and produce an heir. Nicole said on their first date he talked about his hopes of having a family. I think Albert does this intentionly; it draws the women in immediately. Remember, Nicole hasd to read all those magaizes with Albert on the cover with Tasha, Alicia, and other women (including Charlene) while she sat back waiting for her occassionaly "romp in the sack" with him. Either she is extremely stupid or Albert had to tell her something encouraging to draw her in. But, if the woman is the grieved one (if this bothered her), then she has the POWER to get out. Ideally we would all prefer if men were honorably and respectful all the time. But, that doesn't mean we should constantly endure the disrespect hoping that the man will change.

As for my comments above about Nicole sending pictures to Rainier, that is taking out of context. I responded to another posters comments. Below is my previous post and the other post.

MyAdia said:
I really do believe Prince Albert will marry. He has consistently said in all of his recent interviews he has every intention to marry. However, after the recent media frenzy with Charlene’s public appearance, I do not think you will see him in the public with a woman until he announce his engagement. I think he will do as Prince Felipe of Spain and Prince Phillipe of Belgium. Everyone was surprised (pleasantly) when they announced their engagements. Neither was seen publicly with their future princess before the announcement. Felipe and Letizia were only dating a few months before they announced their engagements. I think once you reach a certain age, you have a better idea (hopefully Albert does now) of who you are and what you are looking for in a life-long mate and it does not take to long to know if that person is the right person for you.

I really want to see Albert with a soul mate who will help to enhance the image of Monaco. I know from the first pictures posted of Charlene, many posters noted that she was pretty and seem sweet and they expressed their desires that he marry her. Actually, someone posted an article that a local Monaco commentator wrote comparing Charlene to Grace (mainly attractiveness, blonde hair, and blue eyes), hence she was nice and Albert should marry her. Albert loves sports and the Olympics and he seems to share a certain bond with athletes, especially aspiring Olympians. However, I hope he can look behind just those interests when it comes to choosing his bride.

I doubt if any of us actually know any of these royals personally. We mainly form our opinions from pictures, and occasionally, written or spoken words. But sometimes the littlest (or not so littlest) action says a lot about a person’s true character. I read a lot of scathing critiques about Nicole’s actions, some I think were fair and some not so fair. But the one big action that Nicole performed (that we know is true) that says the most about her character is the sending of pictures of Albert with Alexandre to Ranier. That (to me) demonstrated that she is a vindictive, naïve, desperate, and not to mention stupid person. We do not know the seriousness of Charlene and Albert’s relationship. However, her behavior at the Olympics is the one little act that sticks out in my mind that demonstrates something about her character. She KNEW the photographers were taking their pictures. She wanted everyone to know that she and Albert were more than just friends sitting in a stadium. She wanted everyone to know that she and Albert were romantically involved. Look at the pictures again, have any of you ever seen a grown woman fawn over a grown man like that in a public stadium (ok, I’m a little prudish, but I still thought it was over the top behavior for an IOC member, prince, and head of state)? I know this is a little action and many of you said they were cute and just having fun, but I think Charlene knew (and still knows) what she was doing. I just hope Albert knows what he is doing.

I will wait for that surprise announcement. I just hope it is someone who is discrete (let’s not forget Charlene’s blow by blow detail of their first date) and cultivated. .

Neat2912 said:
MyAdia-There's so much stuff to read-one can't possibly read all of it. But I did read an NC interview in the early months where she said she was told PR knew about the child and she wanted Alex to get to know his grfather. There was a lot of serious stuff going on and they had their reasons for telling her that. I thought in all fairness I should tell you because you felt so serious about it.

Last edited:
MyAdia, I get what you're saying about women being drawn to Albert but, I think they will like him regardless of what he says or does b/c he is a prince and they want to be a princess. I don't think any woman would willingly get into a relationship with a guy with Albert's track record unless she has some other motive.

AplePie said:
MyAdia, I get what you're saying about women being drawn to Albert but, I think they will like him regardless of what he says or does b/c he is a prince and they want to be a princess. I don't think any woman would willingly get into a relationship with a guy with Albert's track record unless she has some other motive.

Then there is always the poor soul who thinks she can save him from himself. Anyone getting involved with Albert at this point has to do it with her eyes wide open and a pretty strong sense of self. However, to play devil's advocate, there is always the chance that meeting the right woman, one who won't take his b@##$%^t and stand up to him and give him the confidence to fulfill the vision he outlined for Monaco last July, he will reform himself. This is oversimplifying a bit but...I am holding out hope that he'll figure out why he's alone.

I was looking at the Pierre Current events thread -Number7
Albert looks so dignified at the Olympics when pictured with his nephew. (especially posts 57 and 59)
I hope someday he finds a lovely lady who can help him look stately like his nephew does. The difference in his appearance in the opening ceremony when compared to the closing ceremony is remarkable.
He looks so content and yet princelike when he is pictured with Pierre at the closing ceremony.He even looks good when attending the hockey game with Pierre.
Interesting....

In response to teense, we saw some photos of PA being silly with her at the Olympics. So maybe he's looking for someone who is fun and exciting at the moment. Of course, everyone expects him to fins another Grace. I think he needs someone who can make him feel sill and fun in private, but act dignified with him in public. That way he's getting the best of both worlds.

But it would take a smart woman to know that she can't just trap PA with bedroom hijinks; rather she has to generate some positive press for herself by acting dignified.

Think about it: how many of us were turned off simply by CWs initial behavior?

teense said:
I was looking at the Pierre Current events thread -Number7
Albert looks so dignified at the Olympics when pictured with his nephew. (especially posts 57 and 59)
I hope someday he finds a lovely lady who can help him look stately like his nephew does. The difference in his appearance in the opening ceremony when compared to the closing ceremony is remarkable.
He looks so content and yet princelike when he is pictured with Pierre at the closing ceremony.He even looks good when attending the hockey game with Pierre.
Interesting....

Perhaps b/c he is playing the part of the responsible adult? I hope he finds that too... I think he's pretty good looking anyway so I can't be a really good judge of that.

WHOA! C'est fun talk. We're back to May,June,July 05. I personally think, PA is quite capable and probably very happy to take care of his own "private-even if there are some others" stuff. And its none of my really business but I am happy for him. And to say he is EVER taken advantage of is JOKE. He's in charge imo he does what and is what he as a priviliged prince wants. And he's not what some idealists want but what PA wants,imo.

As for the funeral and that whole bit, Myadia you spoke of-I'm so glad somebody mentioned that. That's probably what I would have done,let the child see his gfather even at rest-I probably would have sneaked in a camera! And yes,imo PA has taken exquisite care of Ealexandre (and I'm sure he wasn't forced) and I imagine they are quite happy there in their home by the sea.

BurberryBrit said:
In response to teense, we saw some photos of PA being silly with her at the Olympics. So maybe he's looking for someone who is fun and exciting at the moment. Of course, everyone expects him to fins another Grace. I think he needs someone who can make him feel sill and fun in private, but act dignified with him in public. That way he's getting the best of both worlds.

But it would take a smart woman to know that she can't just trap PA with bedroom hijinks; rather she has to generate some positive press for herself by acting dignified.

Think about it: how many of us were turned off simply by CWs initial behavior?

I was totally turned off by her behavior. Does this woman work? In her Paris Match interview she stated that all of her energies are focused on making the the 2008 Olympics. I doubt that very serious.

Here is the link again of the pictures from Getty Images. Charlene puts on her show only during the first day. She really wanted everyone to know that she and Prince Albert are romantically involved. She’s looking directly at the cameras and fawning all over him. By the second day probably after seeing the headlines, I am sure she realized that she was successful. There are no fawning pictures.

oops... I thought I could paste the links directly the the event. Just select the "view images from a specific event" and scroll doen to the dates.

10 Feb 2006, Opening Ceremony of the Turin Olympics
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7c%7calbert+monaco%7c1125084063323127%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=1

11 Feb 2006, Alpine Skiing
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7c%7calbert+monaco%7c1125084063323127%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=1

Last edited:
MyAdia said:
I was totally turned off by her behavior. Does this woman work? In her Paris Match interview she stated that all of her energies are focused on making the the 2008 Olympics. I doubt that very serious.

Charlene puts on her show only during the first day. She really wanted everyone to know that she and Prince Albert are romantically involved. She’s looking directly at the cameras and fawning all over him. By the second day probably after seeing the headlines, I am sure she realized that she was successful. There are no fawning pictures.

So was I but I thought it was at the skiing that CW had her head in PA's lap? She was gabbing to the press by Monday the 13th...the lovers' holiday quote, etc. She was gone by the 15th/16th. Albert probably told her to cool it in front of the photographers... What she was doing with him in private in The Maldives is their own business but from the photos that were printed she seemed to be the more physically aggressive/demonstrative of the pair; even on the boat, she was the one draped over Albert. In the swimming photos, I can't remember if he pulled her into the water or she pulled him...then there was the infamous pose with her face in his chest where at least Albert realized there was a photographer around but I think she knew too. So she didn't exactly stop...

Yes,CW does seem to be the most physically aggressive of the pair.She seems very confident in her actions.

teense said:
Yes,CW does seem to be the most physically aggressive of the pair.She seems very confident in her actions.

My mother's generation would have called it something else. :D :rolleyes:

Somewhere I read that Prince Albert filed a law suit against a magazine that published an article about him and Telma Ortiz, Princess Letizia of Spain's sister. Does anyone know what happened with that one? Or with this supposed relationship?

maryellen1539 said:
Somewhere I read that Prince Albert filed a law suit against a magazine that published an article about him and Telma Ortiz, Princess Letizia of Spain's sister. Does anyone know what happened with that one? Or with this supposed relationship?

i don't think there was really any romantic involvement between the two of them.

maryellen1539 said:
He threatened to sue but I'm not sure if he carried it forward. Unfortunately Ms. Ortiz - smart, beautiful, multi-lingual, including French, educated, accomplished and a humanitarian - is just not PA's type.

maryellen1539 said:

It was all made up by the tabloids. Maybe slow news week? Telma has a boyfriend, or at least a steady man in her life. And if she didn't, she could have her pick of the litter since she seems to have caught the eye of a lot of people during the royal wedding. And she is too much for Albert, who has a pattern to go after light weights in the brain department.

Thank you Toledo. It seems that to find the truth I have to sort through all the fibs.

Toledo said:
It was all made up by the tabloids. Maybe slow news week? Telma has a boyfriend, or at least a steady man in her life. And if she didn't, she could have her pick of the litter since she seems to have caught the eye of a lot of people during the royal wedding. And she is too much for Albert, who has a pattern to go after light weights in the brain department.

Yeah, Albert doesn't want a strong-willed woman to be by his side; that's what Caroline and Stephanie are for!;) :D

I have seen same Photos of Tasha de vasconcelos and she look like she can be Princes of monaco she looks great I wonder why she and PA broke up she looks great.

Of all the girls seen on Albert's arm I think that Tasha de Vasconcelos was the most stunning and elegant....a good choice for a wife.

Stellad

stellad said:
Of all the girls seen on Albert's arm I think that Tasha de Vasconcelos was the most stunning and elegant....a good choice for a wife.

Stellad

It takes more than looks to be a princess. You have to want to perform the role not just accept the perks. For a lot of women in show business/ entertainment/modeling, it would probably be difficult to transition being the center of attention to being relegated to a supporting role where your wants, needs, desires, and interests aren't at the top of anyone's agenda including yours. Any woman can be made over to look the role, to perform successfully in the role is another matter.

pinklady1991 said:
It takes more than looks to be a princess. You have to want to perform the role not just accept the perks. For a lot of women in show business/ entertainment/modeling, it would probably be difficult to transition being the center of attention to being relegated to a supporting role where your wants, needs, desires, and interests aren't at the top of anyone's agenda including yours. Any woman can be made over to look the role, to perform successfully in the role is another matter.

In continuation of pinklady's excellent point, whereas, presently many of us are free to speak and act as we truly want to, without having to consider if the public will approve, when one is in a royal position, they are rarely free to speak and act as they desire. Instead, (and IMO) they must speak and act in a manner that pleases the public. It can be VERY confining.

Thus, if one is not raised to behave in such a considerate way, so that it becomes part of their disposition, then in order for them to enter into a situation (i.e. marriage) where they will be expected to behave so, it would be very beneficial if their natural disposition is to consistently put the thoughts and feelings of others before their own.

On the other hand, if their natural inclination is to put themself first, then upon entering into say, a royal marriage, they will experience a lot of internal conflict between duty and being true to themself.

I think that a woman who is clever and manipulative might have an advantage in catching the prince and tying the knot .
But if she is in it just to have the televised fairy tale wedding and become a princess, the union will be weakened after a few years...

teense said:
I think that a woman who is clever and manipulative might have an advantage in catching the prince and tying the knot .
But if she is in it just to have the televised fairy tale wedding and become a princess, the union will be weakened after a few years...

I agree, and that is where one's Advisors are of vital importance, to prevent such a misaligned union in the first place.

But what about the women, like Charlene, that would have to convert to marry? I am afraid I can only find fault in that type of a woman.

maryellen1539 said:
But what about the women, like Charlene, that would have to convert to marry? I am afraid I can only find fault in that type of a woman.

Having to convert wouldn't/shouldn't automatically disqualify her. My issue arises if she should just think of it as "some silly little rule" and only give lip service to the tenets of Catholicism. A friend went through the Rites of Initiation to Catholicism for Adults (RICA) to marry her husband and she has embraced her new faith whole heartedly. I don't know if CW is a practicing Anglican (my initial impression is no) and I don't think PA is that devout either. Monaco does tithe the Vatican quite handsomely and in light of some of the issues that PA and the family has faced those requirements might increase. (Actually, Rainier and the Vatican got into a bit of a snit over Caroline's annulment -- he refused to pay until it was granted and the Holy See required a larger tithe which was eventually paid...)

Caroline seems to be the one who has followed her parents' lead and for the most part has refound her faith. Ernst is not Catholic and neither is Alexandra but I don't believe she married Ernst in a Catholic ceremony. But then again, from my own experience I know that having faced certain personal challenges, faith can be made stronger. Age also has a lot to do with finding one's way back to God as does the birth of children.

Last edited:
It takes more than looks to be a princess. You have to want to perform the role not just accept the perks. For a lot of women in show business/ entertainment/modeling, it would probably be difficult to transition being the center of attention to being relegated to a supporting role where your wants, needs, desires, and interests aren't at the top of anyone's agenda including yours
couldnt it be possible that if she is popular that different groups would want to have her as a spokes person?

semisquare said:
couldnt it be possible that if she is popular that different groups would want to have her as a spokes person?

Popularity fades particularly in today's electronic age -- one's fifteen minutes are probably now five; many models and actresses who were popular 10 years ago are a distant memory now. Grace made a go of it b/c she wholeheartedly embraced her role as wife/mother/princess. She instinctively understood that Rainier was the star and she was relegated to the supporting role. Some of the cracks in their marriage may have been caused when her fame/popularity eclipsed his. The primary role of the Princess of Monaco is not to be any one group's spokesperson, it is to be consort and hostess for her husband. Charitable works come second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also as a spokeperson, she has to be very careful what/which group she chooses to, since Monaco wants to be seen as neutral country. Any cause that could have any if distant connection to politics, war, siding with one area; even religion it's a no no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom