The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Courtier

I keep thinking that CW is not the 'one' because if a guy has waited and waited to fall in love with the 'perfect' woman and princess like PA has, imo, she seems to fall far short. But this is Albert we're talking about. He likes the exterior of women not necessarily a deep thinker, imo. Proof of that is all the models and actresses he has dated. Most of them are a pretty package on the outside but, imo, have nothing going on but self-love, narcissism and a need to be famous on the inside. Hardly someone who'd put the interests of an entire country before themselves. If we've been disappointed in the women he has dated over the years, there is a guarantee that we'll be disappointed in the woman he chooses to marry, if he ever marries. It's just the way it's going to be. Don't be shocked if he marries CW, I won't be.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Here is a follow up on the CBS 3 woman:
Quote:
CBS 3 anchor Alycia Lane denies reports that she had sexual relations with Prince Albert at a party in Monaco. Well, she's strutting around town like she's had Prince Albert in the can.
and here is the link to where I found it http://citypaper.net/articles/2006-05-04/bell.shtml

Old 05-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Courtier

The knives sure are out for Ms. Lane in Philly, aren't they?
Old 05-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If we've been disappointed in the women he has dated over the years, there is a guarantee that we'll be disappointed in the woman he chooses to marry, if he ever marries. It's just the way it's going to be. Don't be shocked if he marries CW, I won't be.
i have been disappointed with the women he has chosen to date but he isnt my brother or son. and i will be disappointed if he does marry cw. imo, prince william has behave wiser than his age in his choice of a girlfriend and again imo prince william's girlfriend has behave just as wise. both of which are half of prince albert's age. what does this tell us about him? could he be looking for his youth? is this a real love match?
Old 05-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i have been disappointed with the women he has chosen to date but he isnt my brother or son. and i will be disappointed if he does marry cw. imo, prince william has behave wiser than his age in his choice of a girlfriend and again imo prince william's girlfriend has behave just as wise. both of which are half of prince albert's age. what does this tell us about him? could he be looking for his youth? is this a real love match?
I think he definately is looking for his youth, maybe he is going through his second childhood or adolescenthood. But who knows, maybe Prince Albert and Charlene do share something that could be very real, we just never know unfortunately. So i guess the people of Monaco (and Alberts fans) have to have faith in him that he is going to make the right decision.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:24 AM
Courtier

I have faith Albert will make the right choice for him.

But there is a lot of pressure on Albert to make the right choice for Monaco. He may be deciding by not making a choice...yet.

There is someone for Albert. He would rather wait than be wrong.

Ann
Old 05-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Gentry

A Wife For Albert Part III

How do any of us know what Albert intends to do or not do? We don't know him. None of us have had a conversation with him. Maybe he never has wanted to marry so he parades different women so people will think that he is interested in getting married. Where is Charlene now? What happened to the big safari? If he marries her that's what he wants. If he doesn't, then he doesn't. What else is there to say?
Old 05-05-2006, 06:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnightsky
How do any of us know what Albert intends to do or not do? We don't know him. None of us have had a conversation with him. Maybe he never has wanted to marry so he parades different women so people will think that he is interested in getting married. Where is Charlene now? What happened to the big safari? If he marries her that's what he wants. If he doesn't, then he doesn't. What else is there to say?
Some of us (I for one) believe Prince Albert when he has stated on many occassions that he plans to marry. I just quoted a few sources of him directly stating this just within the last year. The last article is not a direct quote but I included it to say that he has repeatedly stated that he intends to marry. So, indulge those of us who like to speculate about the "right one" for him.

Agence France Presse -- English
November 18, 2005 Friday 2:26 PM GMT

Prince Albert II of Monaco -- seen as one of the world's most eligible bachelors -- warned on Friday that he would marry only when ready, in an interview marking his formal accession to the throne.

The 47-year-old Albert said he alone would would decide when "the time is right" to marry, in an interview with France's Europe 1 radio.

"I have never said that I wouldn't marry... I am in no hurry," said the prince, who admitted earlier this year to having fathered a son out of wedlock, two-year-old Alexandre Coste.

Cnn Larry King Live Interview With Prince Albert II
Aired October 26, 2005 - 21:00 ET

KING: All right, so he's an heir to the money. I mean he has money coming to him. What happens if you never marry?
ALBERT: I haven't envisaged that concept.

Deutsche Presse-Agentur
July 7, 2005, Thursday , 08:25:48 Central European Time

Prince Albert II of Monaco, who will be crowned the pricipality's ruler on July 12, wants to put an end to his bachelor's existence and have a family, he said in an interview for Friday's edition of the newspaper supplement Le Monde 2.

The 47-year-old Albert admitted that he had enjoyed "a somewhat lengthy bachelorhood" that provided him with "a certain freedom". Nevertheless, he declared, "I also want to have a family."

Encore Presentation: Interview With Prince Albert of Monaco
Aired September 15, 2002 - 21:00 ET

KING: In lives of royalty, we hear about arrangements. Did your father ever try to arrange a situation where you should be the -- There was a rumor, I think, about Claudia Schiffer that he had arranged for you and her to be a couple and you should marry her.
PRINCE ALBERT: That was never the case. Well, he isn't into matchmaking, and he never tried to do that. He's always let me make my own choices, and he trusts that I will make a good...
[Larry cuts him off and asked another question]

Deutsche Presse-Agentur
April 6, 2005, Wednesday

Although linked romantically at one time to supermodel Claudia Schiffer and American pole-vaulter Alicia Warlick, Albert has repeatedly said that he would marry when he met the right woman.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Some of us (I for one) believe Prince Albert when he has stated on many occassions that he plans to marry...
I think he is waiting until his 50th birthday to tie the knot.:)
Old 05-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyodessa
I think he is waiting until his 50th birthday to tie the knot.:)
I don't think he is waiting for some artificial deadline to make a decision. That's almost as bad as just marrying to get married; besides he already made that mistake. Back in the early 90's he said he would get married when he was 40. Well, that birthday came and went but it just added pressure to any relationship he was in and that may have ultimately doomed them. Albert is making much smarter statements now that he is saying that he will marry when he finds the right woman.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Hopefully Albert will never marry especially not to Charlene. She reminds me of big-boned Eva Sannum (the dumped girlfriend of Prince Felipe) and Mette Marit who has proven to be, imho, as lazy after her marriage to Prince Haakon as she was before. Even NC comes to mind the more I observe her. Do people really think Charlene is going to suddenly have class and elegance or at the very least some discretion about herself if she becomes a princess?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

You hardly saw anything of Charlene ... at all .... all the time.... these three pics you have seen ever since she appeared.... -> They tell you she has no class ??!!

God, you're all so full of negative opinions... towards anyone and anything ... it might be better to relax a bit... and let people live...the way they let you.
( Oh yes.... I know.. this is a forum... and you're here to use it for discussion .... but do you really think you're leading a discussion here? )
Why don't you just wait ??? !!!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Hopefully Albert will never marry especially not to Charlene. She reminds me of big-boned Eva Sannum (the dumped girlfriend of Prince Felipe) and Mette Marit who has proven to be, imho, as lazy after her marriage to Prince Haakon as she was before. Even NC comes to mind the more I observe her. Do people really think Charlene is going to suddenly have class and elegance or at the very least some discretion about herself if she becomes a princess?
A princess would have press people to 'explain' her comments as 'what she meant was...'. Anybody can buy prestige and training. Class and elegance, either you have it or not, imo.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Commoner

On a completely unrelated topic- I don't know why (maybe it's because she reminds me of the beautiful Princess Grace) but I've often thought that Nicole Kidman would make a great Princess of Monaco- even though she's divorced and about to get married!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Rose
On a completely unrelated topic- I don't know why (maybe it's because she reminds me of the beautiful Princess Grace) but I've often thought that Nicole Kidman would make a great Princess of Monaco- even though she's divorced and about to get married!
TRUE TRUE TRUE -- Just for the sake of discussion, but Nicole has that Grace Kelly-like quality where everybody else is simply upstaged.

Grace has more perfect features and qualities, but Nicole's beauty, elegance, and fashion sense are simply undeniable. Monaco will once again be the prime attraction the way it was when Grace was around.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Commoner

I know that my post was a little irrelevant as that is something which would never happen and has nothing to do with Charlene Wittstock. But I do think that the next Princess of Monaco (if there even is one) should be someone of her calibre and elegance, but I don't think given Prince Albert's taste in women that she will be.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
You hardly saw anything of Charlene ... at all .... all the time.... these three pics you have seen ever since she appeared.... -> They tell you she has no class ??!!

God, you're all so full of negative opinions... towards anyone and anything ... it might be better to relax a bit... and let people live...the way they let you.
( Oh yes.... I know.. this is a forum... and you're here to use it for discussion .... but do you really think you're leading a discussion here? )
Why don't you just wait ??? !!!
Why does PA only date women who give off negative signals? Charlene is the one who can't stop talking to the press. Why doesn't she shut up?
Old 05-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Rose
I know that my post was a little irrelevant as that is something which would never happen and has nothing to do with Charlene Wittstock. But I do think that the next Princess of Monaco (if there even is one) should be someone of her calibre and elegance, but I don't think given Prince Albert's taste in women that she will be.
Nicole Kidman would be an excellent choice:)
Old 05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Nobility

oh, since we're into hollywood queens, another choice or option is the regal Charlize Theron. Just imagine her bedecked in Monegasque royal jewels.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules
oh, since we're into hollywood queens, another choice or option is the regal Charlize Theron. Just imagine her bedecked in Monegasque royal jewels.
now there's a choice! she would be a really good pick and a good image for MC. But someone like her may easily steal the light from PA, she's beautiful, she carries herself well, she already has a solid public image and she has a good head on her too. wishful thinking...:p