A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabelle Adjani (image Newscom - couldn't find a nice pic of her in any of the agencies!!!! But she's so beautiful!!!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_Adjani

Isabelle Yasmine Adjani (born June 27, 1955) is one of France's best known actresses. Multilingual, she performs in her native French language, English and German.
Adjani was born in Gennevilliers, Hauts-de-Seine to an Algerian-Turkish father and a German mother. She was drawn to acting at a young age, playing in amateur theater by the age of twelve. As a fourteen-year-old...

AND THE WINNER IS...

Ines Sastre (Sometime model and actress - highly intelligent read her bio taken from a fan website http://foversta.free.fr)

Image Profimedia

http://foversta.free.fr/bio.html

Born in Valladolid (and not in Madrid) the 21st of November 1973, Inés was quickly registered in a bilingual school (french-spanish). It's the reason why she speaks french fluently (but she also speaks perfectly italian and english).

One day, when she was 12, she went with a friend to a casting for a fast-food commercial. She was selected and thanks to this commercial, Carlos Saura noticed her and chose her to play in "El dorado" with Lambert Wilson (1987).

Then, in 1989, she won the Elite supermodel...

(Ines is not too young for Albert. Now i know i've said he should marry someone in their 30's and that by posting some of these profiles i've contradicted myself. But like i said to begin with this is just for fun!!! Ines for me is the winner. She would make a beautiful, gorgeous, intelligent and sophisticated Bride. Being a model she wouldn't mind giving up her career for Albert either. At least i don't think so!!!)

What I meant is not that beautiful women don't have brains (I think in Albert's family there are some good examples of gorgeous smart women...) but I have heard many many interviews or tv appearences of the "ladies" he dated (not only for a one night stand) and I was stunned by how dumb they are, in my opinion they are embarassing; if that's what he still likes Monaco will have a not so smart bimbo for a Princess and that's not the best thing for a Country...I still have some faith that for a wife Albert will choose better though, and will find a Mary Donaldson as someone suggested, beautiful and smart (well, I don't know much about her but she seems intelligent)!

Kisses

Last edited:
Grace said:
You would have lost your interest much sooner if you had seen some of the Italian "ladies" our Prince has dated, for some time even: apparently he likes long legs ad no brain...I hope he if decides to marry he choses better or Monaco is in great troubles!

Kisses

Yeah, I agree: the like of Simona Tagli and Patrizia Pellegrino.:D
However I heard Simona speak on the Italian TV the other day, and she didn't sound stupid to me!

Tosca, maybe she had a very bright day, but I often have heard her interviews and she has said some of the dumbest things I have ever heard on tv...she just had a baby, maybe becoming a mother has improved her.

BTW, of course those you mentioned were the girl I was refering to...

Kisses

Donna said:
Regarding Shermine Sharivar

Do you know that she arrived at the Grace award with another gentlement who she was sweet enough to let hold her and kiss her on the cheek the whole evening. But as night came she left him for the prince.

They suit each other perfectly. What a happy couple. She is even shopping for a wedding dress.

May they live "happily" ever after.
Donna, Where did you learn this information? Is there a link to an article we can read? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The information was in Bunte the German magazine. The other gentleman payed for her room at some fancy hotel and probably for her dress also.

As I understood the article she travelled in the plane with PA and this other man, supposedly being the other man's companion but obviously constantly giving PA a look. PA is of course so stupid as to give in to every woman. He has no class what so ever.

I don't feel like translating the whole article. But the girl and PA met first at the red cross ball in August and according to the magazine he was smitten or however you would say it in english.

It is a stupid girl and a stupid man, hardly worth us discussing them.

Thank you Donna for giving the information from the Bunte article!!
It seems that PA is acting somewhat wild still ----dating a woman who is 25 years younger(Age 22).She is the age of his nephew.....
I think its amazing that she is already looking for wedding dresses.... I hope the wedding dress she chooses to wear in the cathedral is more modest than the others she has been seen in........I wonder what the other royal crowned heads of Europe think of him... Maybe they snicker behind his back, who knows?

teense said:
Thank you Donna for giving the information from the Bunte article!!
It seems that PA is acting somewhat wild still ----dating a woman who is 25 years younger(Age 22).She is the age of his nephew.....
I think its amazing that she is already looking for wedding dresses.... I hope the wedding dress she chooses to wear in the cathedral is more modest than the others she has been seen in........I wonder what the other royal crowned heads of Europe think of him... Maybe they snicker behind his back, who knows?

She can buy as many wedding dresses as she likes but she won't be wearing any of them in the cathedral in Monaco, not marrying PA at least. He is not that into her. She was just a shallow fling. And the poor girl thinks she has a chance. How stupid can women be? Well, she is young. Maybe she will grow older and wiser someday.

Donna said:
She can buy as many wedding dresses as she likes but she won't be wearing any of them in the cathedral in Monaco, not marrying PA at least. He is not that into her. She was just a shallow fling. And the poor girl thinks she has a chance. How stupid can women be? Well, she is young. Maybe she will grow older and wiser someday.
I don't think she thinks she has a chance. She knows she doesn't, but it is convenient publicity for her to promote her other projects and have people talk about her. just as people did with Tasha what's her name (she -Tasha-looks btw way not like any of the pictures in real life - just starved and everything that goes with it). Instead of saying flat out that she (Sharmine) hardly knows the guy, has maybe spoken to him a couple of times, she acts as though there was more to it so a few more papers pick up on it. Instead she makes remarks about his position ad his character (which she can hardly judge after such a short time), that I find rather sickening. Why does everybody slobber all over themselves just when they talk about him? He is just a human being after all and should be seen as such. I see this happening all the time and not only with women, but also with men and people who think of him as a friend or as they would put it: it is not up to them to say that they are his friends but to him to say that they are.:confused: In my world friendship is sth mutual and if it is real both parties concerned will know about it. Personally I find this inwardly bowing down in front of the prince ad his family rather disgusting. This type of behaviour has nothing to do with respect. And it must be very awkward to live surrounded by people like that. When Sharmine talks about his important position etc. You can tell, that (even though she is supposed to be clever) she is completely blinded by all the glitter and the money around her and the nice clothes she is wearing. But she certainly doesn't know the man behind all this. And I am quite sure PA knows that and knows that this is the case with most women around him. And if he takes advantage of their stupidity, well that doesn't quite make him the man he would like to be according to what he stated in his first official speech, but there are few men who would refuse a woman that offers herself. IMO ;) Besides: old habbits die hard:)

Click on page 5 of this thread to see why Nicole Kidman would be a good candidate:)

Nicole might be beautiful and everything but remember she was naked in 1 film and almost naked in another film (eyes wide shut), she will not be able to live those pictures down and besides I think she going overboard with botox. All those pix that shown beautiful women, do you think he has not seen them? do you really think that his father didn't try every trick over and under the sky to have him married?
Albert has not found the person he wants and if he was not in a hurry before his father died, now even less. He will look and hopefully find the person he wants and end of the story. And btw imo she will not be compared too much wiht his mother, PG has been dead for more than 20 years, memories of her do not abound a lot.

hsh1969 said:
Albert has not found the person he wants and if he was not in a hurry before his father died, now even less. He will look and hopefully find the person he wants and end of the story. And btw imo she will not be compared too much wiht his mother, PG has been dead for more than 20 years, memories of her do not abound a lot.
I absolutely agree with you. Besides the elder generation, people don't talk about PG much. I'm just afraid that PA is looking in the wrong places. The sort of woman he wants and needs ( I assume) would probably not be found among the glitzy and glamourous. She could be living for years right under his nose if he doesn't start looking elsewhere

I would like to 'select' Princess Maria-Carolina of Bourbon-Parma, daughter of HRH Duke Carlos-Hugo of Bourbon-Parma and HRH Princess Irene of The Netherlands. She is a UN advisor and has worked in refugeecamps in Palestine.

A catholic, pretty, intelligent woman, from 2 of Europe's most prestigious dynasties. Ideal to give the Monaco royals some respectebility.

Amina said:
Isabelle Adjani (image Newscom - couldn't find a nice pic of her in any of the agencies!!!! But she's so beautiful!!!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_Adjani

Isabelle Yasmine Adjani (born June 27, 1955) is one of France's best known actresses. Multilingual, she performs in her native French language, English and German.
Adjani was born in Gennevilliers, Hauts-de-Seine to an Algerian-Turkish father and a German mother. She was drawn to acting at a young age, playing in amateur theater by the age of twelve. As a fourteen-year-old...

AND THE WINNER IS...

Ines Sastre (Sometime model and actress - highly intelligent read her bio taken from a fan website http://foversta.free.fr)

Image Profimedia

http://foversta.free.fr/bio.html

Born in Valladolid (and not in Madrid) the 21st of November 1973, Inés was quickly registered in a bilingual school (french-spanish). It's the reason why she speaks french fluently (but she also speaks perfectly italian and english).

One day, when she was 12, she went with a friend to a casting for a fast-food commercial. She was selected and thanks to this commercial, Carlos Saura noticed her and chose her to play in "El dorado" with Lambert Wilson (1987).

Then, in 1989, she won the Elite supermodel...

(Ines is not too young for Albert. Now i know i've said he should marry someone in their 30's and that by posting some of these profiles i've contradicted myself. But like i said to begin with this is just for fun!!! Ines for me is the winner. She would make a beautiful, gorgeous, intelligent and sophisticated Bride. Being a model she wouldn't mind giving up her career for Albert either. At least i don't think so!!!)
Ines Sastre... Great Idea!!!

I actually think he will remain single and in the end he will adopt Andrea Casiraghi...

Marengo said:
I actually think he will remain single and in the end he will adopt Andrea Casiraghi...
he wouldn't have to adopt Andrea since he is already second in line after his mum. It was different with Rainiers mum who was born out of wedlock.

I think that even if he had found the ideal woman she would feel right now that it would be such a disgrace to be seen within 100 km. from him, even thought she were dead. I would not want to be seen with him not even dead, not for everything in the world. Or even worse a woman whom he constantly cheats on. So she is probably keeping a very low profile and refusing to meet him. Serves him right! :mad:

And if he hasn't found her I think any decent woman would stay away from him. Who wants to be cheated on? Not for a small princessdom in a hardly-any-land.

I used to think differently but I have completely changed my mind.
Regards
Donna

Last edited by a moderator:
What if Albert just marries a complete unknown he is in love with? What if she can't have children? What if she isn't at all pretty?

LadyMacAlpine said:
What if Albert just marries a complete unknown he is in love with? What if she can't have children? What if she isn't at all pretty?
complete unknown - no problems, so were the Princesses of Holland, Norway and Denmark. And they all seem to be very popular. The king of Belgium didn't have any kids with Fabiola. They were both very popular. If she isn't pretty? Apparently that doesn't matter either (especially not at a certain age), since the Brits just show as how easy they get used to Camilla. And with new hairstyle, decent make up and clothes she does not look like someone who's making a fool out of herself. THe common denominator among all of them is/was that they are/were sincere and love/d their men.

Prince Albert needs to find a woman who is utterly confident and has (or can develop) a thick skin. It would help that the woman be part of an existing royal family or that she has experience being in the limelight... maybe an actress or a diplomat? Ideally, Prince Albert needs a woman in the vein of Queen Elizabeth.. the Queen Mother. She was an absolutely invaluable helpmate to HM King George VI. Basically, it would help to find a modern day version of her... who can help him in his work... perhaps even to help him deal with his speech difficulties. May it be soon. :) from Roman in Austin, Texas

I was quite amused today when at the mass someone said to me that the "girl in red" was probably there to romance PA. When I told her that it was CP Victoria and that I didn't expect her to give up the crown of Sweden for Monaco, she was not convinced. :D

Well Paca, you know in those circles they have tried to "partner" Victoria and Albert for awhile now, but they look quite friendly and comfortable with each other, so maybe it's just a frienship thing.

And let me ask a question to you or to anybody who has been in Monaco, it just me or the monegasques behave more like italians than french?

It's been my impression that the people of Monaco are very "latin" and warm blooded, not saying that the french are bad, it just that I find myself very comfy in Monaco (i'm latin descent), and i feel as a foreigner in Paris:) . Did i explain myself correctly?

thanks

The Monegasques? They're French speaking Italians, as well as Argentinians are Spanish speaking Italians. He, he!
The city of Nice once was part of the Kingdom of Sardinia (North/Western Italy)

On a french channel this morning a commentator said two princesses he personnally know said him their respective daughter were more than often invited to Monaco.

Thanks, Tosca, i was refering to the way the monegascues are, they do act italian. That's what i was trying to say, that's why i think that when the moment for PA to marry they will make the princess better, if she can communicate with them.:)

hsh1969 said:
Well Paca, you know in those circles they have tried to "partner" Victoria and Albert for awhile now, but they look quite friendly and comfortable with each other, so maybe it's just a frienship thing.

And let me ask a question to you or to anybody who has been in Monaco, it just me or the monegasques behave more like italians than french?

It's been my impression that the people of Monaco are very "latin" and warm blooded, not saying that the french are bad, it just that I find myself very comfy in Monaco (i'm latin descent), and i feel as a foreigner in Paris:) . Did i explain myself correctly?

thanks

People in Monaco (I'm talking about regulars, not VIP) are mostly French born and raised in Monaco (enfants de pays), there are a lot of Italians, but I would just classify them as regular southern French (people in Paris are northern people, much more straight, whereas te southerners are more laissser faire - like I find it in most place where you have a lot of sunshine over the year) as you find them in the neighbouring communities as well (btw most people you meet on the streets of MC and who work there, live in Beausoleil, Cap d'Ail, Menton , Nice etc). I find them to be friendlier than the Italians that you find across the border. I find Italians to be very "loud" egocentric in comparison. Real Monegasques are hard to find. I know some of them. Some of them I like, some even a lot, but I often found that they can be at times rather arrogant and claim priviledges for being Monegasques (even those I know well). I have seen people behave rather badly and show a very bad side of themselves - all in the name of being Monegasques. I'm sure PA and family would not approve. We others shrug, because that's the way they are and the older ones won't change. But I think that PA in his speech on the 12th of July made it very clear that those priviledges would require sth of them as well. When he started to speak about these things, everyone went very quiet and you could have heard a needle drop (which was not the case while he was still talking about Rainier). I doubt that everyone understood what he actually demands of the Monegasques. Certainly not the journalists who don't live here and don't know anything about life here, except the glitzy bit that you can see in magazines. In order to really understand Monaco, the Monegasques, French, Italian etc. you need to live here and see for yourself what is going on. Hear people talk and see them act, know the rules and the exceptions and the reasons for the exceptions. Monaco and its people are far more complicated then most think.

As to Vic and Al, the person I spoke to was not even aware of who she was, just thought that she might look good in MC and with Al. Though she said she looks like she has hot blood. I simply think that they have met at so many occasions, weddings , funerals etc. that they just naturally get on easily. Besides they share te same fate. Apart from that , he was already dating when she was still in nappies. Not that that would be a difficulty if they fell in love, but I find it unlikely that either of them would even consider a match. But then EA ad caroline both didn't consider each other for a long time and are now married. I guess we will just have to leave it up to the future to show us.

Well, he is the Lord of the Realm now. Next big thing in Monaco: his wedding? Hope so, got a feeling it's coming now.;)

Marengo said:
I would like to 'select' Princess Maria-Carolina of Bourbon-Parma, daughter of HRH Duke Carlos-Hugo of Bourbon-Parma and HRH Princess Irene of The Netherlands. She is a UN advisor and has worked in refugeecamps in Palestine.

A catholic, pretty, intelligent woman, from 2 of Europe's most prestigious dynasties. Ideal to give the Monaco royals some respectebility.
Could somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her father used to be the Carlist pretender to the Spanish throne? When Franco was in power, he used the threat of the Carlist "option" to get King Juan carlos and his dad to follow the Franco script.

What do you guys think of Dr Condolezza Rice as a possible match for Prince Albert? She has extensive experience in theoretical and applied diplomacy. Prince Albert could sit back and let her run affairs of the state in case he's not in the mood for it.

She seems like an ambitious person, and there's the question of whether she would be content as a consort when she's had powerful positions. She comes off as one who is not easily impressed by tiaras and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom