A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Layla1971 said:
I never heard that one.:confused:

It was a rumor time ago was that Mary's sister and - Idon't want lite but probably Frederick's cousin Gustaw meting or smth like that. Maybe someone else remeber it better than me.

carlota said:
although he is in his right to do it i doubt he will. king juan carlos just conceived titles to people who have taken part in "high issues" of the spanish government/culture. among them, presidents and writers. the only people who got titles and weren't presidents, writers were the infantas (margarita, pilar, cristina and elena).

I read in a spanish article last year that King Juan Carlos has granted less titles than what Franco did. Yes, Franco took that job of granting titles while he ruled my country with iron fist.
Felipe might be different than his father. I do wish that when his time comes he brings some peace to the large Borbon clans that are always fighting each other. But I think he will grant titles to some of Letizia's family, like Telma, who is doing a lot of charity work all on her own. A title these days is like a medla of recognition and Telma has been a hard working sister-in-law these past few months.

Originally Posted by Layla1971:
It's not like Albert was married when he had Alexandre with Nicole!
He has an air of secretiveness, but wouldn't you if the media was prying into every aspect of your life? And, if your ex-girlfriend was telling personal details to any newspaper that will listen? He is probably just protecting himself from more harm by being what we would call secretive.

You are right on that, Monaco is like a fish bowl that nothing escapes the media. Any lady or man who associates with the Grimaldis has to come to terms with that.

Toledo said:
I read in a spanish article last year that King Juan Carlos has granted less titles than what Franco did. Yes, Franco took that job of granting titles while he ruled my country with iron fist.
Felipe might be different than his father. I do wish that when his time comes he brings some peace to the large Borbon clans that are always fighting each other. But I think he will grant titles to some of Letizia's family, like Telma, who is doing a lot of charity work all on her own. A title these days is like a medla of recognition and Telma has been a hard working sister-in-law these past few months.

yes, telma is really active, but there are more active people doing a lot as well, and who aren't the princess' sisters. if he gave the title to her and not to another person doing charity events and working by themselves in lots of projects it can be mis-interpreted and there could maybe be a lot of criticism, so... i would say they will prefer to avoid all that. for example, spanish born aguas ocaña, former embassador for spain in honduras and now hondura's first lady since she married the prime minister is amazingly taking part in a lot of good causes as well.

AquaMarine said:
I have a surmise that all this story can be very well-though advertising campaign of the Rocosolano' family so that to attract attention of Albert :p :p :p

I agree. Albert generally doesn't go for royals at all. High profile, high maintenance types are not his thing. If he ever marries it'll be someone we've never heard of and be completely unexpected.

It is probably another invented story.Remember what a friend of PA said" Albert true girlfriends you never know"
Curious fact, In February I saw in a tabloid in Bucharest that he was involved with the manager of the national circus.The title was "Love story between the manager of the National Circus and The Prince of Monaco"With a picture with them of the cover .They met at the Circus Festival,she was invited at a dinner offered by Prince Rainier she asked his phone number and she invited him to Romania and he agreed.What I want to mention is that this is a reliable magazine. I will search the article if you like me to do so and translate it.She is blonde and beautiful but I knew she is married.I don't know if she is still married

If the rumours are true and if someday Prince Albert would choose to marry Princess Letizias sister,in the future, well there would be two ladies from the Ortiz family who are married to sovereigns,one is the Queen of Spain and the other is the Princess of Monaco..What a lucky family and I cant imagine how proud would Letizias father would be of her royal daughters..

Letizia's family is very discreet and they do not like that the press this one at the edge of their house, though they try to be educated by them. And probably to the one that less she likes it is to Telma that lives very calm when she travels to work abroad. Until a few months ago Telma was related by a companion of work and even they did some photography to her.

Probably to Alberto him of equal because they have related him to many women.

But to this girl who devotes herself to do her work and who always has been very discreet they have not done any favor.

The Spanish press takes this news to joke, but they speak about her to fill time of the programs. Telma is a nice, elegant, polite girl and that devotes herself to help the others ... for the press to look for her boyfriend is a golden mine. Already in the wedding of the Princes they commented that some friends of the Prince had remained delighted with her. But Telma is a woman who devotes herself to travel for the world, and according to her own words in this moment between her plans it is neither neither to marry to form a family. She is a young girl, is 31 years old and most of the time passes out of Spain. From January to May she was in Asia, and I would not be surprised that with the catastrophes that exist for the world she had to travel again this month.

It wasn´t Mary´s sister, but Amber Petty (her best friend and bridesmaid). Some rumour was started about her and Fred´s cousin (Benedikte´s son, I think). It was a load of rubbish of course. Nothing came of it!

Xandra said:
It wasn´t Mary´s sister, but Amber Petty (her best friend and bridesmaid). Some rumour was started about her and Fred´s cousin (Benedikte´s son, I think). It was a load of rubbish of course. Nothing came of it!

Yes.

P.S. I've just remeber discreetly of Carol Gustav and Silvia before it was published that they're meeting (photo in some petrol station).

I am curious to know what famous people Albert has dated in the past. Does anyone know? I have always seen it in print that he dated Christie Brinkley, Elle Macpherson, Heidi Klum, Brooke Shields, Tasha de Vasconcelos? Are these true? Which ones are, which ones are not true? Are there more famous women who have dated Albert?

we should go by the ones he has not dated (yet) and the list will be shorter:D

I was just on Newscom and with a photo of Thelma it read she was in love with Albert according to the article so it seems no one knows the truth as usual. I would say if it isn't true they dated then its a good way for one of them to gain the attention of the other to get a one. Not a bad way to use the press since I read Alicia started the rumor about Albert annoucing their engagment and the night Nicole found out about she got pregant. Who knows what this rumor will create. Perhaps tonight Albert will talk about the Thelma rumor.

wow this is so much like a t.v. soap. stay tune and maybe we'll have the truth.

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
I was just on Newscom and with a photo of Thelma it read she was in love with Albert according to the article so it seems no one knows the truth as usual. I would say if it isn't true they dated then its a good way for one of them to gain the attention of the other to get a one. Not a bad way to use the press since I read Alicia started the rumor about Albert annoucing their engagment and the night Nicole found out about she got pregant. Who knows what this rumor will create. Perhaps tonight Albert will talk about the Thelma rumor.

You've read my thoughts Lady M ;) All this "advertizing campaign" reminds me "Much Ado About Nothing", Shakespeare. Do you remember that story? :D :D :D

AquaMarine said:
You've read my thoughts Lady M ;) All this "advertizing campaign" reminds me "Much Ado About Nothing", Shakespeare. Do you remember that story? :D :D :D
No but Diane Sawyer asked him about marriage was there something he wasn't telling her and he said no. I would take that to mean nothing is on the front as of yet in regards to marriage with anyone.

LadyMacAlpine said:

Hey, that happened to Prince William once! How funny! Remember the rumor Prince William was engaged to Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe? They had never met! But mutual friends introduced them to each other AFTER the rumors started about their engagement, so they thought, "Why not? Everyone thinks we are in love, so we may as well meet!" So they met and I heard they were sooooooo embarrassed about the rumors during the whole "date".
I guess they liked each other as friends but there were no "sparks", as they say.

magnik said:
It was a rumor time ago was that Mary's sister and - Idon't want lite but probably Frederick's cousin Gustaw meting or smth like that. Maybe someone else remeber it better than me.

Both Mary's sisters are married, the runour was with her best friend or so...

hello, my first post i found this in todays ny post. i guess this puts the letizia rumor to rest if its true..

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix_u.htm

under sightings.

PRINCE Albert of Monaco, here on a cash-collecting trip, making out at Frederick's with a pretty blonde who led him out the door ...

jennifrasure said:
the link doesn't work?
You have to be a registered member or you can't read the stories on the site and exactly what was posted is all it said.

She sounds like a perfect match for him. Intelligent, independent, and charitable. I like her already!

jennifrasure said:
the link doesn't work?

The earlier post linking to the article in Page Six said the following:

SIGHTINGS
PRINCE Albert of Monaco, here on a cash-collecting trip, making out at Frederick's with a pretty blonde who led him out the door ... MICHAEL Caine and Roger Moore, who were born three blocks away from each other, at Elaine's with Caine's wife, Shakira, and Danny Zarem ... "SATURDAY Night Live" star Fred Armisen canoodling with Martha Plimpton at the show's after-party at Heartland Brewery ... LUKE Wilson and director Ivan Reitman taking a lunch break from "Super Ex-Girlfriend" at Chanterelle ... OSCAR de la Renta rubbing shoulders with his rival Karl Lagerfeld at the Tower Bar restaurant at Jeff Klein's Argyle Hotel in Los Angeles ... MERYL Streep, Stanley Tucci, Valentino, Heidi Klum and Anne Hathaway at Capitale shooting a scene for "The Devil Wears Prada."

can we give a nickname for all of albert's special friends like; al's girls or bert's girls or maybe the g girls? the g stands for albert's last name, of course.

semisquare said:
can we give a nickname for all of albert's special friends like; al's girls or bert's girls or maybe the g girls? the g stands for albert's last name, of course.

How about 'lucky'. :p

Freedom said:
How about 'lucky'. :p
I believe they are referred to as Albert's angels. At this point the lucky one will be the one he settles down with the rest are samples or test drives before they make the Palace showroom and sign on the dotted line.

another sighting of PA in new york. i think its the same day as the page six sighting i posted ealier and the blonde sounds like the same person. anyone know who the blonde is???

http://www.gawker.com/news/stalker/gawker-stalker-jared-leto-actor-musician-weirdo-134247.php

`I saw Prince Albert of Monaco in the VIP room at Fredrick’s last night. He spent a good part of his evening dancing and hanging out with a tall, gorgeous, blonde American girl - who didn’t look too unlike a longhaired version of his mother, Grace Kelly. Not sure who she was, but she was stunning and he clearly had no interest in any one else. At least for last night! Prince Albert was really nice to every one who came up to him and was extremely gracious. There was also literally a line of women waiting to talk to him, but he was seemingly smitten. He did dance with a group of eager women for one song, but quickly returned to his girlfriend/date right after. He seemed like a really nice, good-natured, and unpretentious guy.`

Re: I can't believe

Well, I cant'believe that notice... but I remember when Princess Letizia begin to dating with Prince Felipe she was a partner... Maybe this case repeat again with Telma and Albert...

But Telma can't be compain with Grace Kelly... never...:mad:

LadyMacAlpine said:
Photo's of Thelma in June with her boyfriend. Source another forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fahren said:
I agree. Albert generally doesn't go for royals at all. High profile, high maintenance types are not his thing. If he ever marries it'll be someone we've never heard of and be completely unexpected.

um..... I dunno. I suppose he doesn't really date other "royal" people, but the suggestion that he dates low profile women???? Is Elle Macpherson low profile? everytime there is a mention of Albert in the American press, they say he has "cavorted" with the likes of Christie Brinkley and other such models and actresses. Brooke Shields is another name always mentioned as a former flame of Albert's. I can't say I'm surprised he likes glamorous women, especially actresses. His mother was a glamorous actress, after all.

Prince Albert = Oedipus

tiawanika said:
`I saw Prince Albert of Monaco in the VIP room at Fredrick’s last night. He spent a good part of his evening dancing and hanging out with a tall, gorgeous, blonde American girl - who didn’t look too unlike a longhaired version of his mother, Grace Kelly. Not sure who she was, but she was stunning and he clearly had no interest in any one else. At least for last night! Prince Albert was really nice to every one who came up to him and was extremely gracious. There was also literally a line of women waiting to talk to him, but he was seemingly smitten. He did dance with a group of eager women for one song, but quickly returned to his girlfriend/date right after. He seemed like a really nice, good-natured, and unpretentious guy.`

Let's hope that he is not stupid enough to choose a woman according her likeness to his mom. Wouldn't that be Oedipus complexity? First he killed his father and then married his mother. So like Albert. Well, may he enjoy if he does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom