The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

On the baseball guy scandal, from what I read around he only sued her when she treatened to expose him if he did not give her more money. This seems to be the same line of work done on Prince Albert too, scandal and embarrasment if the bank account does not open up quickly.

And then, the tabloid frenzy starts the moment these ladies of the past use the kids as a tool to get money, which is what they are after, more than recognition. The loser is always the child, whose life will be forever exposed thanks to two parents that could not deal with a solution on what was best for the child.

That brings up another case to strike a paralel with Albert's current predicament. Anyone from Belgium knows whatever happened to the love child of Belgium's King? Maybe Albert could see a glimpse of the future, his future, on that other royal family

Old 04-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Oh for the days when women were too ladylike to openly sleep with anything famous and ashamed of when they became pregnant from it.

Ann

Old 04-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Royal Highness

When the Monaco scandal broke there was an article comparing Albert's attitude to other royals from the past. In the past not only the royal will protect the mistress but would also openly accept the children as family and ennoble them. In the case of female rulers it was the same. From Catherine the Great in Russia to Queen Isabel II of Spain, their kids became part of the aristocracy under other names.

Makes me wonder if when the kid, Alexandre, hits the teens how many of us will be around here to discuss about it.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Courtier

It is very expensive to host these boards as Bear found out. Andy has some help, but I don't know if TRF will be able to survive beyond the next three years.

If TRF in some form is still here in ten or fifteen years, I'm sure I'll still be checking in...unless of course I've gone insane and married Albert
Hmm, those might not be mutually exclusive things

Ann
Old 04-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
...If TRF in some form is still here in ten or fifteen years, I'm sure I'll still be checking in...unless of course I've gone insane and married Albert
Hmm, those might not be mutually exclusive things

Ann
Your wedding would make a nice thread. :p
What Tabloid would you be registering in for the wedding gifts?
Old 04-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Since just the quiet civil ceremony in the throne room is out, I would have to say that OK! seems to spend the most on the most trivial connections.

With all Albert has (and the little I do) I think I would request no gifts, just donations to the Princess Grace foundation...and prayers!

Does anyone else think Albert is publicly squiring CW around to appease those who wonder why he doesn't have a girlfriend? That possibly she is eyes open in the agreement and is acting as a dating surrogate/beard so he can go into his Artic trip more peacefully?

Ann
Old 04-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Gentry

I think one of the reasons Albert gets so many women is his understanding of them...sure he is a Prince and everything but he really likes women. He probably has more female friends that male and he knows how to handle them, well most of them. For all his antics and escapades regarding woman he seems like a gentleman to me. So in that sense I don't think he has a type.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Zenobia
I think one of the reasons Albert gets so many women is his understanding of them...sure he is a Prince and everything but he really likes women. He probably has more female friends that male and he knows how to handle them, well most of them. For all his antics and escapades regarding woman he seems like a gentleman to me. So in that sense I don't think he has a type.
I'm sorry to disagree here, but you would find just as many women around him if he looked like quasimodo and would treat them badly. He is filthy rich, he is a prince and he is a man and that means he is attracting a lot of women just like some decaying animal attracts a lot of flies. It doesn't say anything about his qualities as a man or human being, just as the flies don't tell you what sort of animal is decaying. Or to put it in the words of Jane Austen:"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. however little known the feelings or views of such a man may be on his first entering a neighbourhood, this truth is so well fixed in the minds of the surrounding families, that he is considered as the rightful property of some or other of their daughters." (first lines of pride and prejudice)
Old 04-03-2006, 04:03 AM
Nobility

Your so right on the money Paca, I must agree. But with Albert do not forget the powerful draw of Fame. There is a book by Milan Kundara called Immortality where he discussed in long and graphic detail the desire people have to be immortal by attaching themselves to other people who are immortal, historical, for whatever reason. He also wrote The Incredable Likeness of Being. Everyone must know he has got to have great game. He can probably get a woman's cloths off with a look, especially a young woman. As long as it's two consenting adults, whatever. CW, if she's even just one of his girlfriends, got her ten minutes.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Nobility

I really do believe Prince Albert will marry. He has consistently said in all of his recent interviews he has every intention to marry. However, after the recent media frenzy with Charlene’s public appearance, I do not think you will see him in the public with a woman until he announce his engagement. I think he will do as Prince Felipe of Spain and Prince Phillipe of Belgium. Everyone was surprised (pleasantly) when they announced their engagements. Neither was seen publicly with their future princess before the announcement. Felipe and Letizia were only dating a few months before they announced their engagements. I think once you reach a certain age, you have a better idea (hopefully Albert does now) of who you are and what you are looking for in a life-long mate and it does not take to long to know if that person is the right person for you.

I really want to see Albert with a soul mate who will help to enhance the image of Monaco. I know from the first pictures posted of Charlene, many posters noted that she was pretty and seem sweet and they expressed their desires that he marry her. Actually, someone posted an article that a local Monaco commentator wrote comparing Charlene to Grace (mainly attractiveness, blonde hair, and blue eyes), hence she was nice and Albert should marry her. Albert loves sports and the Olympics and he seems to share a certain bond with athletes, especially aspiring Olympians. However, I hope he can look behind just those interests when it comes to choosing his bride.

I doubt if any of us actually know any of these royals personally. We mainly form our opinions from pictures, and occasionally, written or spoken words. But sometimes the littlest (or not so littlest) action says a lot about a person’s true character. I read a lot of scathing critiques about Nicole’s actions, some I think were fair and some not so fair. But the one big action that Nicole performed (that we know is true) that says the most about her character is the sending of pictures of Albert with Alexandre to Ranier. That (to me) demonstrated that she is a vindictive, naïve, desperate, and not to mention stupid person. We do not know the seriousness of Charlene and Albert’s relationship. However, her behavior at the Olympics is the one little act that sticks out in my mind that demonstrates something about her character. She KNEW the photographers were taking their pictures. She wanted everyone to know that she and Albert were more than just friends sitting in a stadium. She wanted everyone to know that she and Albert were romantically involved. Look at the pictures again, have any of you ever seen a grown woman fawn over a grown man like that in a public stadium (ok, I’m a little prudish, but I still thought it was over the top behavior for an IOC member, prince, and head of state)? I know this is a little action and many of you said they were cute and just having fun, but I think Charlene knew (and still knows) what she was doing. I just hope Albert knows what he is doing.

I will wait for that surprise announcement. I just hope it is someone who is discrete (let’s not forget Charlene’s blow by blow detail of their first date) and cultivated.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

I really liked him with Tasha Vasconcelos does anyone know why they broke up?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

MyAdia-There's so much stuff to read-one can't possibly read all of it. But I did read an NC interview in the early months where she said she was told PR knew about the child and she wanted Alex to get to know his grfather. There was a lot of serious stuff going on and they had their reasons for telling her that. I thought in all fairness I should tell you because you felt so serious about it.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've merged the thread "Albert's Taste in Women" into this thread because the two threads have been duplicating each other for a while.

As a result, this thread is now over 20 pages like part I was, so I'm closing it and starting part III, which can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-iii-9332.html

Elspeth

Monaco moderator