The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Royal Highness

To my recollection, no man has ever come out to state any type of close relationship with Albert. So, those rumors can go out of the window.

Albert is what is known here as a 'player'. As long as he is able he will continue dating as much as he can. He fit better as an amoral 18th century aristocrat than someone in the 21st century where there are so many health concerns. I'm glad his nephew Andrea found love so early in life, because when you compare them is like they are reversed, the older Albert acts like a rapacious teenager while the young Andrea acts toward women like a responsible adult.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Albert is what is known here as a 'player'. As long as he is able he will continue dating as much as he can. He fit better as an amoral 18th century aristocrat than someone in the 21st century where there are so many health concerns. I'm glad his nephew Andrea found love so early in life, because when you compare them is like they are reversed, the older Albert acts like a rapacious teenager while the young Andrea acts toward women like a responsible adult.
Do you think that having to play the field so much with women has to do with some sort of insecurity about what is expected of him?

Old 03-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Royal Highness

You got a very interesting theory there, pinklady1991.

Like a version of having 'stage fright' but in his case a fear to come to terms with what is expected from him as the male heir of the throne since the moment of his birth. Like having to rebel against what Rainier wanted out of him (to get married pronto and get some little Grimaldis around the palace) and now that there is no more adult supervision (mom Grace and dad Rainier) he is like a teen left alone in the house for the weekend to party.

Sad thing is he is an aging, or aged, teenager. This is his middle age crisis, he finally gets the throne and does not seem to notice his time to start acting responsible is running out. Albert, like Prince Charles in Britain, needed the great love of his life to be with him during his middle age years. He never had that and you see how those two paralell lives of Albert and Charles had the same expectations in life and ended up so diferently.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
To my recollection, no man has ever come out to state any type of close relationship with Albert. So, those rumors can go out of the window.

Is Andrea being prepared for the possibility that he will become the ruler? When would something like that begin? I guess anything is possible (in terms of PA getting his act together) but I think I'll be paying more attention to Andrea since he may be the one to rise to the occasion.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
You got a very interesting theory there, pinklady1991.

Like a version of having 'stage fright' but in his case a fear to come to terms with what is expected from him as the male heir of the throne since the moment of his birth. Like having to rebel against what Rainier wanted out of him (to get married pronto and get some little Grimaldis around the palace) and now that there is no more adult supervision (mom Grace and dad Rainier) he is like a teen left alone in the house for the weekend to party.

Sad thing is he is an aging, or aged, teenager. This is his middle age crisis, he finally gets the throne and does not seem to notice his time to start acting responsible is running out. Albert, like Prince Charles in Britain, needed the great love of his life to be with him during his middle age years. He never had that and you see how those two paralell lives of Albert and Charles had the same expectations in life and ended up so diferently.
<Edit personal comments/Mandy>

I just wanted to say this because I had respect for him when he said he would only marry for love & since he really unlike most people was unable to choose his life, I think he thought he should at least be able to choose his wife. I remember reading not long ago, he said, "it was impossible for him to even have a serious relationship...", so him being a grown adult I understood his friend/lover relationships & the women in them should have been smart enough to understand it too. But, I was surprised that he left himself vulnerable to women with such low integrity & now I'm not sure that he either doesn't know the difference or care & maybe PR just (for good reason) didn't approve of the women he was attracted to? (I hope this isn't the case).

I do think maybe as I said before in another post, he might have some insecurities in that he probably doesn't feel like Brad Pitt & goes out with model types to validate him in that area. I think he is very aware of the tall order & scrutiny is wife is going to have to deal with. So he's going to have to find someone dumb or someone smart but brave - I hope he finds someone smart & brave! (& I really hope it's not this one & that she's just in the friend/lover category). Paca, dont you have some friends for him - you sound like a smart woman! :)
Old 03-31-2006, 02:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Is Andrea being prepared for the possibility that he will become the ruler? When would something like that begin? I guess anything is possible (in terms of PA getting his act together) but I think I'll be paying more attention to Andrea since he may be the one to rise to the occasion.
I think Andrea's lack of training shows that Albert is still serious about finding his One and having a family of heirs with her. When Andrea starts showing up at events like those at which Albert started appearing during his twenties, then it will be time to look at 'Prince' Andrea.

Ann
Old 03-31-2006, 02:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla
I do think maybe as I said before in another post, he might have some insecurities in that he probably doesn't feel like Brad Pitt & goes out with model types to validate him in that area. I think he is very aware of the tall order & scrutiny is wife is going to have to deal with. So he's going to have to find someone dumb or someone smart but brave - I hope he finds someone smart & brave! (& I really hope it's not this one & that she's just in the friend/lover category). Paca, dont you have some friends for him - you sound like a smart woman! :)
:o :o Well, thank you. But I'm afraid not. They are all in good hands. A couple of months ago I might have sacrificed myself ( at least he would have known that I can produce the heir and the spare in one go ), but now that he has fallen back into his old dating habbits, I am not even too happy with the fact that we are in the same pic. :(
Old 03-31-2006, 08:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
:o :o Well, thank you. But I'm afraid not. They are all in good hands. A couple of months ago I might have sacrificed myself ( at least he would have known that I can produce the heir and the spare in one go ), but now that he has fallen back into his old dating habbits, I am not even too happy with the fact that we are in the same pic. :(
Gee, paca, I thought I was taking one for the team on this count. Besides, we have our plans to implement. Yes, he has fallen back on his old dating habits, but meeting the right person may (I hope) change all that.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

I hope that seeing the most beautiful Auroras Borealis in his next "frozen" trip makes him better:) .
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Nobility

this might be irrelevant, but i read here in boards that andrea and albert spent a lot of time talking during the rose ball and i don't know that gave me a funny feeling inside. so we really don't know.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Courtier

Its probably the first time he's seen him since the holiday break! But, yes, its interesting they're talking more and more.

Ann
Old 03-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
this might be irrelevant, but i read here in boards that andrea and albert spent a lot of time talking during the rose ball and i don't know that gave me a funny feeling inside. so we really don't know.
Someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong, but can Albert adopt Andrea as his heir? Is that alllowed in the reforms done by Rainier? That would be a solution to rumors on what would happen if Albert does not produce a heir and give Albert some space to breathe.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong, but can Albert adopt Andrea as his heir? Is that alllowed in the reforms done by Rainier? That would be a solution to rumors on what would happen if Albert does not produce a heir and give Albert some space to breathe.
Albert cannot and does not need to adopt Andrea as his heir. He is in line of succession after his mother Caroline who is Albert's heir. If he does not produce legitimate children before his death, the line of succession goes through the princess and her children with Andrea first in line. End of story.

See 'Who is next in line?' thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...line-9294.html
Old 03-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
All of his women (with a few exceptions: Mary Wayte, Stevie Parker, Alicia W.) are exactly the same; dim, fawning, willing to have sexual intercourse within minutes of meeting him, poor, uneducated, indiscreet, and they get pregnant to hang on to him and his money to try to gain a title for themselves and their little bundles of joy.
Do you see the pattern here? He needs ladies like that, kind of airheads in some degree, to make sure he is always the one in control. We can even go Freudian on this, Laviollette. Albert's mother was a powerhouse, beautiful beyond belief with class like no other and very intelligent. The women in Rainier's side of the family are also like that, strong will, dominant and intelligent. Caroline, Albert's older sister, is also one of the most well educated royals around. And also very dominant.

Only Stephanie is the weak link, she is frail and maleable. Yet, she seems the one more close to Albert because she is no threat to his manliness, with her he is the strong one.

So, what do you gals and guys think? Is Albert attracted to women that are the opposite of Caroline and Grace because that makes him be in control better than with a lady friend whose personality could become a challenge to his'?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
All of his women (with a few exceptions: Mary Wayte, Stevie Parker, Alicia W.) are exactly the same; dim, fawning, willing to have sexual intercourse within minutes of meeting him, poor, uneducated, indiscreet, and they get pregnant to hang on to him and his money to try to gain a title for themselves and their little bundles of joy.
Yeah thats what I read too they must really desperate for sex........from Albert. Anyway thats what Jazmin Graces mother said that she started to have sex within minutes of meeting him. :p
Old 03-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Cruza
Yeah thats what I read too they must really desperate for sex........from Albert. Anyway thats what Jazmin Graces mother said that she started to have sex within minutes of meeting him. :p
And seems once the kid is in her/his teens the mother becomes a candidate for sainhood. Here in the USA news this week's target of the yellow press is a NY Yankee baseball star who had a love child that is now in her teens. He has always supported her but refused to become aquainted with this 'unwanted' kid. The mother made the kid talk to the press and expose the secret because she wanted her support payments to increase so she could get a new car...for the kid. So, the scandal has been exploited on the news all week.

The story sounds too familiar to the Jazmin Grace's mother quest for money...I mean, recognition.

What can I say, it's all about money and these kids are the ones caught in the middle.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
And seems once the kid is in her/his teens the mother becomes a candidate for sainhood. Here in the USA news this week's target of the yellow press is a baseball star who had a love child that is now in her teens. He has always supported her but refused to become aquainted with this 'unwanted' kid. The mother made the kid talk to the press and expose the secret because she wanted her support payments to increase so she could get a new car...for the kid. So, the scandal has been exploited on the news all week.

The story sounds too familiar to the Jazmin Grace's mother quest for money...I mean, recognition.

What can I say, it's all about money and these kids are the ones caught in the middle.
it's really sad isn;tit, that the kids have to pay for their parents mistakes? (no pun intended)

and i know this is off topic, but what baseball star? it's been an off week for me so maybe i've missed it.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:37 AM
Royal Highness

Enchantednights, hi
I just updated my post above by adding a link to the NY Yankees (this other link has the picture) baseball player's love child scandal . From what I read in other papers, she was an affair he had when he was young and not so famous, but the press is placing all the blame on him because it's better that way to sell papers rather than placing responsibility on both parents. Same thing happens with Prince Albert. Last time I've checked it takes two to have a kid, right? Not to mention that it was the mother who broke up with him while she was pregnant. Once again, the kid's life ends up being short-changed by both parents.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Do you see the pattern here? He needs ladies like that, kind of airheads in some degree, to make sure he is always the one in control. We can even go Freudian on this, Laviollette. Albert's mother was a powerhouse, beautiful beyond belief with class like no other and very intelligent. The women in Rainier's side of the family are also like that, strong will, dominant and intelligent. Caroline, Albert's older sister, is also one of the most well educated royals around. And also very dominant.

Only Stephanie is the weak link, she is frail and maleable. Yet, she seems the one more close to Albert because she is no threat to his manliness, with her he is the strong one.

So, what do you gals and guys think? Is Albert attracted to women that are the opposite of Caroline and Grace because that makes him be in control better than with a lady friend whose personality could become a challenge to his'?
It's probably a way of protecting himself -- finding the anti-Grace, so to speak -- against his father's legacy. He has a lot to live up to: the marriage of the century, turning a sleepy, broke gambling haven into a center for the international jet set and their money, modernizing the economy, instituting organizations that benefit the Monegasques (hospitals, etc.), and creating world class charitable institutions that benefit millions in the most destitute areas (AMADE, etc.). It's a lot to live up to.

I don't think Albert has figured out what he needs is a helpmate who can help him achieve the goals he outlined in his address last July not just one who can validate his ego as an attractive man. To be quite frank, I find a drive, a desire "to be a better man" (to quote "As Good As It Gets"), the dream to leave the world a better place than what you found it is much more attractive to me than the size of someone's wallet or how many exotic vacations he can whisk me off to.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Enchantednights, hi
I just updated my post above by adding a link to the NY Yankees (this other link has the picture) baseball player's love child scandal . From what I read in other papers, she was an affair he had when he was young and not so famous, but the press is placing all the blame on him because it's better that way to sell papers rather than placing responsibility on both parents. Same thing happens with Prince Albert. Last time I've checked it takes two to have a kid, right? Not to mention that it was the mother who broke up with him while she was pregnant. Once again, the kid's life ends up being short-changed by both parents.
I agree with you, women these days (I'm female BTW) have the power to take care of themselves as well as men do so if there's a pregnancy it's a 50/50 kind of thing and people shouldn't blame only the man or the woman for that

Closed Thread