The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
I agree -- he's a grown man. But I would guess he probably has never ever liked the idea of being told or forced on what to do -- especially when it comes to his own 'procreation' -- I know I wouldn't like it ether because it's a personal matter. Whether it was part of the job or not. PA didn't pick to born into that position, although I'm sure he likes being Reigning Prince and all the perks that come with it. Part of the perks is lots of women and anything else he could want, right?

I think Albert is doing what he wants to do, and imo, it shouldn't be any other way. :p

So ok, good for him:p :)
I wonder how Andrea will be prepared for the role of future monarch? The family may not want to spill those beans just yet. It would put heavy pressure on him and make him a target. But I think that course has basically been set. PA obviously doesn't want to get married and the 2002 MC constitution let him off the hook.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Courtier

I guess there is just a disconnect between what he wants and what he needs. What he wants is the young, pretty model...it's amazing -- he ages but his companions never seem to. Fixation on perpetual youth? What he needs is someone who not only posseses the grace (no pun intended), poise, and intelligence to fill a very specific and unforgiving role.

That being said, I don't think there is anything unseemly in the photos. A couple are posed shots, one is one of them at the Olympics (posed or not), and the vacation photos -- regardless of who the young lady is -- was a private party. The camera was the intruder.

The reason he and Sophie appeared to make such a well-suited pair is that she is closer to his age and is carrying herself well in the role.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I guess there is just a disconnect between what he wants and what he needs. What he wants is the young, pretty model...it's amazing -- he ages but his companions never seem to. Fixation on perpetual youth? What he needs is someone who not only posseses the grace (no pun intended), poise, and intelligence to fill a very specific and unforgiving role.

That being said, I don't think there is anything unseemly in the photos. A couple are posed shots, one is one of them at the Olympics (posed or not), and the vacation photos -- regardless of who the young lady is -- was a private party. The camera was the intruder.

The reason he and Sophie appeared to make such a well-suited pair is that she is closer to his age and is carrying herself well in the role.
I agree, Sophie looks like a mature woman who takes care of business. The kind of woman that would seem to do well with him, at least in public in terms of maturity. Very unlike, imo, the girls PA seems to like to be around -- like to party, like to have fun, not being too serious or heavy on anything, just want to hang around for awhile and be dazzled and impressed.

At least he doesn't seem to be anyway to serious about all that anyway -- I think he's just letting off some pressure or something:)
Old 03-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Nobility

Oh, and about Andrea being prepared. I read somewhere that Rainer was not "prepared" at all when he took over. There are a lot of people who live in Monoco with too much at stake to just let Andrea out to dry. I think Princes Charles and Albert are SO prepared it's' what people have come to expect. Plus, Albert still has at least 30 good years of life ahead, Andrea has plenty of time. There is no saying he needs a college degee, he may just have to get "on the job" training.

I think it would be a big disappointment if PA married, finally, and it didn't work out. That might even be worse then just remaining a bachelor. I imagine that thing with NC right after his father died was probably quite traumatic, who could blame him for keeping women at a distence.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:08 AM

PA-CW thoughts

Hi all - I read that CW is focused on the 2008 for a medal. If she and PA married next year, she'd probably be pg in time for the Olympics. Now, do we really see that happening? LOL. I say, that if they become serious then she'd have to make that decision - crown or medal. Does anyone know if the Olympic/school issues were the reasons why Alicia didn't make it down the aisle?
Old 03-11-2006, 03:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal interest

Hi all - I read that CW is focused on the 2008 for a medal. If she and PA married next year, she'd probably be pg in time for the Olympics. Now, do we really see that happening? LOL. I say, that if they become serious then she'd have to make that decision - crown or medal. Does anyone know if the Olympic/school issues were the reasons why Alicia didn't make it down the aisle?
It could be a cover. CW was the one in Torino telling the press there were "no marriage plans yet." She failed to qualify for the '04 games so '08 is a huge stretch and her coach told Point de Vue that she isn't expected to restart training until Septmber '06. So you have to assume that if she is out giving interviews to Paris Match and Hello! and getting a press agent, trying to get some favorable PR focused on her, she believes that a proposal could be imminent. In fact, the magazine article from which the most recent posting of photos comes, Diez Minutos, is reporting that an engagement will be announced in April right after Albert's trip to the North Pole and a year after the official mourning period for Rainier. Of couse, this article also says she was introduced to the entire Grimaldi family too and it was under the "Engagements" subsection. So really who knows who is getting the scoop? (Disclaimer: I never formally studied Spanish so my translation could be faulty.) Palace staff would have to approach her first to guarantee that she would accept. Remember that Grace, at the time of her engagement, was reviewing scripts and negotiating contracts.

Personally, I think this can go either way. PA's birthday is Tuesday so it would be interesting to see if any press sees her with him this weekend. The Italian magazine Oggi has reported that she is on the guest list for the Rose Ball; we just have to wait and see. He has taken other gf's to high profile events and nothing happened. Do we even know if he spent New Year's with CW?

As someone stated earlier, Albert's younger companions have only seemed interested in the party, no obligation side of being with him; if that is true, you would have to assume that Albert could sense the same thing. Maybe that's what scared Alicia off -- in reality, no one knows what happened. Maybe she found out about the other women. It has been said that you never have to worry about the women Albert is seen with; there is usually someone in the background that is much more serious.

Paca -- you are close enough geographically and are familiar with some of the background players, what do you think, particularly with CW's rather sudden disapperance at the Olympics but being introduced to high profile and important people in PA's life (Prince Emmanuele of Italy for one)? You said you thought this wasn't serious then; have you changed your mind? Are these magazines making engagement rumors up or is someone feeding them info? (Could it even be our own speculations?) I realize that CW hasn't been with him on the most recent round of "official" visits, but then again, they aren't engaged yet. I just get the impression that PA will balk if anyone, official or not, puts him on a time table and, with having just assumed the throne he would be loathe to jump into anything that if he hadn't really thought through could potentially be disasterous.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Commoner

PA will be 48. He is getting closer to 50, so maybe he is sizing CW up.
I can't wait to see the pictures from his birthday party.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Serene Highness

This is all so inredibly fascinating. I wonder if she will be at the Rose Ball.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

And the more I look at the pics from the summer, I think it IS CW. That woman has a prominant chin from the profile pic, like CW and has a sporty/athletic body like CW. I wonder if they've been dating all that time?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Nobility

Another woman between or right before Charlene?

Below is an article about another woman PA was dating (Sonique) for two months after a music awards in Monaco. The article doesn't say what music awards show. I believe there was some type of charity music event last year that Mariah Carey attended, but I am not sure if this is what the article is referring. I posted a picture of Sonique and albert taken in 2002 in a further post, so they knew each other way before this article was written.

I originally wrote this post becasue I assumed that the article was written soon after their "two-month dalliance" was over. So, I implied that If the woman in the picture is Charlene and he was dating her during the summer, then he wasn't in an exclusive relationship with her either between last summer and the more public Olympics dates. But, another poster informed me that the last music award was held in Monaco in 2003. More pertinently, this article is a gossip piece.

Daily Mail (London)

December 5, 2005 Monday

ED 1ST; Pg. 39

Frozen out by Albert's flunkies

GRACE KELLY she isn't, but DJ and singer Sonique (above) certainly presses the right buttons for the late Princess's son, Monaco's ruler Prince Albert II. For I can reveal that the London-born beauty - real name Sonia Clarke - enjoyed an unlikely two-month dalliance with Albert.

Sonique, 37, trills:'He's absolutely lovely.We met at a music awards ceremony in Monaco. We hung out together for two months - going out to dinner and clubbing - and he was not a bit royal. I liked him a lot.' Alas, Sonique, who had a No1 single with It Feels So Good, soon realised there was no future with Albert.

The singer felt frozen out by Albert's flunkies because of her background: she left school without qualifications, drew the dole for four years and even slept rough before finding fame.

Explains a friend: 'Albert was fine, but the people around him treated her like dirt. It was quite clear they didn't think she should be part of their scene.' Perhaps Albert's retainers should have treated Sonique better - they nearly hyperventilated earlier this year after he was forced to admit having sired a lovechild with Togo air hostess Nicole Coste.

Old 03-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

C'est Sonique. From www.yahoo.com
Old 03-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Picture: Albert and Sonique

Here's a link (from Yahoo search) of a picture with Sonique and PA taken on March 5, 2002. I've never uploaded a picture in a forum, so I am not sure how to do it.

http://cache.viewimages.com/comp/265...28286AE3CD64CD

The picture is listed in Getty images with the below caption:
MONTE CARLO - MARCH 5: Prince Albert of Monaco and British singer Sonique attend the pre-award cocktail party for the 14th World Music Awards at the Hotel Du Paris on March 5, 2002 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Dave Hogan/Getty Images).
Old 03-12-2006, 03:38 AM
Gentry

the link doesnt work but i got the pic for you from getty....

Old 03-12-2006, 03:43 AM
Nobility

I have to imagine it's hard to date around when the press prints pics of you with other women all the time. I cannot imagine that CW and Albert were too serious. I think she probably just got carried away.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:11 AM
Nobility

I must agree, that does not look like her. They did the same thing with a pic of PA with an African woman after the NC story broke. It was quite obviously not her once you really looked at the picture.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Serene Highness

You guys are good! That is obviously not her.

One thing I noticed about PA, he is open minded as far as race/ethnicity is concerned. I think that's cool. I guess he just loves women. Has he dated an Asian woman? I wonder what people in Monaco think about this? I know that IR dating is not as big a deal in Europe as perhaps in the states, but I wonder if a black or asian woman turned out to be "the one" would the public be outraged at having a non-white princess?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I must agree, that does not look like her. They did the same thing with a pic of PA with an African woman after the NC story broke. It was quite obviously not her once you really looked at the picture.
Yeah, I remember seeing that pic. I was like
Old 03-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Talking No

I don't think people would be outraged.... of course there will always be people who wouldn't like it of course, the obvious proof is that, when he recognized Alexandre, no remarks about his mother's colour have been made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
You guys are good! That is obviously not her.

One thing I noticed about PA, he is open minded as far as race/ethnicity is concerned. I think that's cool. I guess he just loves women. Has he dated an Asian woman? I wonder what people in Monaco think about this? I know that IR dating is not as big a deal in Europe as perhaps in the states, but I wonder if a black or asian woman turned out to be "the one" would the public be outraged at having a non-white princess?
Old 03-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09
I don't think people would be outraged.... of course there will always be people who wouldn't like it of course, the obvious proof is that, when he recognized Alexandre, no remarks about his mother's colour have been made.
OK. I didn't even notice that they didn't mention Nicole's race. They did say she was Togolese in the articles I saw, though. Maybe not mentioning her race was a sign that it isn't important?
Old 03-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia

Daily Mail (London)

December 5, 2005 Monday

ED 1ST; Pg. 39

Frozen out by Albert's flunkies

GRACE KELLY she isn't, but DJ and singer Sonique (above) certainly presses the right buttons for the late Princess's son, Monaco's ruler Prince Albert II. For I can reveal that the London-born beauty - real name Sonia Clarke - enjoyed an unlikely two-month dalliance with Albert.

Sonique, 37, trills:'He's absolutely lovely.We met at a music awards ceremony in Monaco. We hung out together for two months - going out to dinner and clubbing - and he was not a bit royal. I liked him a lot.' Alas, Sonique, who had a No1 single with It Feels So Good, soon realised there was no future with Albert.

The singer felt frozen out by Albert's flunkies because of her background: she left school without qualifications, drew the dole for four years and even slept rough before finding fame.

Explains a friend: 'Albert was fine, but the people around him treated her like dirt. It was quite clear they didn't think she should be part of their scene.' Perhaps Albert's retainers should have treated Sonique better - they nearly hyperventilated earlier this year after he was forced to admit having sired a lovechild with Togo air hostess Nicole Coste.

Perhaps I'm being oversensitive here, but for heavens sake (!)...are there not more important things going on in world that need attention??? Albert seems to be trying to do his part in not only making this world a better place, but also making up for the wrongs caused by others. Sure, he is not a magician, and he is still learning how to best use his newfound influence, but he is trying to be a good person and leader. Why do we care if Alexander is purple or Albert's girlfriends are green, not formally educated, and/or lack an affluent pedigree. Could, for one moment in time, we just let royals be people, and as long as they perform their respective jobs well...let them act in their personal life as make's them genuinely happy?

Closed Thread