The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Nobility

Well, no clue about the interview but I have seen the cover and taken a peek at some other pics. She is not lacking in the looks department but I really just want to brush her hair and help her find some mascara.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Majesty

Three more pics of Charlene - Olycom

Old 03-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Nobility

Does anyone have a traslation on her Paris Match interview?
Old 03-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Nobility

Apparently, I have read, PA is planning a safari in Charlene's country in the spring. Could be rumour but that's what i've read.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Another reason why she is probably not "the one." No discretion!
Exactly - has Ernst, Felix, Tatiana even given an interview about Caro, Char, or Andrea?! No, of course not. They love and respect their partner, and choose to ignore the invasive cameras, etc. CW seems to always "find" the camera - almost as if she's deliberatly smiling as the shot is being taken. It looks as if she's planned it, no one is that perfect at always find the perfect camera angle and shot - she seems phony and in it for the publicity.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal
Exactly - has Ernst, Felix, Tatiana even given an interview about Caro, Char, or Andrea?! No, of course not. They love and respect their partner, and choose to ignore the invasive cameras, etc. CW seems to always "find" the camera - almost as if she's deliberatly smiling as the shot is being taken. It looks as if she's planned it, no one is that perfect at always find the perfect camera angle and shot - she seems phony and in it for the publicity.
OK...I've caught up on my reading. Still can't get the most recent issues of Paris Match but this is what I found out. The first issue of Point de Vue did nothing but rehash the interview that Charlene gave back in '01...

The second it seemed tried to make a point of comparing her to Grace (juxtapositioning similar photos) as well as reporting on exactly what CW & PA did in Torino. A lot of people were quoted as saying they were absolutely besotted with each other. He was introducing her around to friends some rather high profile (I assume he did the same with NC and other gf's), they found out exactly what suite they stayed in, and reported that she left for home the morning of Feb. 16th. After the "lovers" quote to the press, PdeV reported that they purposely kept a low profile. IMO, the article hinted that she was being a little too high profile which precipitated her going home. Upon her return, she informed friends and family to say nothing, got herself a press agent (another former swimmer), and changed her phone number which supposedly indicates how much "South Africans value thier privacy." PdeV also gave a little bit on her life in South Africa: CW lives in a heavily gated, exclusive community which makes sense given the extraordinarily high crime rate in South Africa. I still don't know how she earns a living unless it's modeling in SA. She reportedly starts training for the '08 Games in September '06...I'm not sure if I had that translation correct but that seems weird to me. Then again, I know little or nothing about swimming. It also traced her dating life with various swimmers, etc. This article mentioned the safari in South Africa and wondered aloud if CW would join him. (Sounds like a private vacation which I doubt would be on any official schedule.)

The Italian magazine Oggi basically rehashed a lot of PdeV stuff but there was one or two interesting observations. First, it said that photographers remember seeing them together at a tennis tournament in Paris in February '05 but it seemed to be platonic. It also reported that she will be at the Rose Ball on March 25th. (Disclaimer here: I may or may not have translated the tense wrong so forgive me if I made an error.) The other interesting point (which I believe is just Italian pragmatism) was the tracing of PA's dating history. Nothing that strange there, but I thought it was interesting the way it subtly noted how physically different Albert's gf's were...with perhaps the exception of Alicia Warlick & CW. It also noted that this kind of buzzing was going on while he was dating Alicia and then (loosely translated) no one knows what happened.

I know this is getting too long, but I drew a couple of conclusions that I'd like to throw out there for comment. In light of the new "exclusive" article in Paris Match, I think PA & CW's PR machines are working in conjunction to try to put some sort of spin on the story that they control. Does anyone have any thoughts on CW's going back to training in September? I also still can't quite get a grasp on how long they have been an "item." He was denying he was dating anyone last fall (maybe to keep it private?) but where was she on the two most important days of his life (July 12 & Nov 19) if this is so serious? Maybe to keep the focus on PA? It doesn't surprise me that he was able to keep it so quiet.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Her "training" for the '08 Olympics could just be them trying to throw the press off. Also, maybe he's trying to slowly introduce her in small steps leading up to the big one - a wedding. And her sudden silence to the press by changing her phone number and all seems like she is being advised by PA's people on how to handle herself and the media.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
CW seems to always "find" the camera - almost as if she's deliberatly smiling as the shot is being taken. It looks as if she's planned it, no one is that perfect at always find the perfect camera angle and shot - she seems phony and in it for the publicity
i have notice that too, but she is young and maybe its a real love match or maybe she is at the nice age to have children or maybe she is young enough to control her thinking and will be easy to tell he what to do whatever the reason , i'm sure we'll find out soon enough
Old 03-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i have notice that too, but she is young and maybe its a real love match or maybe she is at the nice age to have children or maybe she is young enough to control her thinking and will be easy to tell he what to do whatever the reason , i'm sure we'll find out soon enough
I just can't get my head wrapped around this one. First it seems like they're taunting the press into following the relationship and then they back away from it. Could be part of a plan...although I would have thought if this were serious all PR people involved would have coached her first. I hope it is a real love match on both sides and not just fulfilling an obligation and fantasy.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I just can't get my head wrapped around this one. First it seems like they're taunting the press into following the relationship and then they back away from it. Could be part of a plan...although I would have thought if this were serious all PR people involved would have coached her first. I hope it is a real love match on both sides and not just fulfilling an obligation and fantasy.
All of this does seem a little strange. I really think he just doesn't want to get married and is not going to.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
All of this does seem a little strange. I really think he just doesn't want to get married and is not going to.
I agree, PA does not really seem to want to get married but he cannot really come out and say that, he'd probably never get a date.

One thought though, if she left after the "lovers" kiss and tell quote to the press I cannot see how that relationship is going to continue unless PA is the smoothest man ever. She could have been planning to fly out that day anyway but, many much wiser royal watchers than I picked up on her chattiness to the press as being a no no. I just cannot imagine what he would have said, or had someone say that would not have been completely humiliating. Maybe, "....thanks for sharring my hotel room but.....I don't want anyone to know about it.......see ya..." IMO you just don't talk about stuff like that if you really deeply love someone. It's a little bit insulting to PA. And then there's always the idea that he was not thinking "exclusive" and she was being territorial, which I definately picked up in the pictures.

It makes me think of the time the press caught P Charles and L Diana fishing in the country, before their engagement was announced, and she ran off into the woods....anyone else remember that? Well, it was'nt like she was embarressed to be seen with him, she just respected him.

I'm kinda thinking she might have gotten dumped...any takers?
Old 03-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I agree, PA does not really seem to want to get married but he cannot really come out and say that, he'd probably never get a date.

One thought though, if she left after the "lovers" kiss and tell quote to the press I cannot see how that relationship is going to continue unless PA is the smoothest man ever. She could have been planning to fly out that day anyway but, many much wiser royal watchers than I picked up on her chattiness to the press as being a no no. I just cannot imagine what he would have said, or had someone say that would not have been completely humiliating. Maybe, "....thanks for sharring my hotel room but.....I don't want anyone to know about it.......see ya..." IMO you just don't talk about stuff like that if you really deeply love someone. It's a little bit insulting to PA. And then there's always the idea that he was not thinking "exclusive" and she was being territorial, which I definately picked up in the pictures.

It makes me think of the time the press caught P Charles and L Diana fishing in the country, before their engagement was announced, and she ran off into the woods....anyone else remember that? Well, it was'nt like she was embarressed to be seen with him, she just respected him.

I'm kinda thinking she might have gotten dumped...any takers?
Ah, someone as bored with the Oscars as I am.

I don't think PA was hiding this relationship. He went to pretty public areas with her, introduced her to some of his friends, particularly in royal circles, so he may have intended it to be her "coming out party." I've seen photos of the two of them dancing for the press (or maybe for a friend's camera?) at the Opening Ceremonies so I think silly behaviour was part of the evening (a few drinks, perhaps?) but the over-the-top PDA was probably not what PA bargained for. I do think, however, he got her out of Dodge, when she started getting chatty with the press. I'm not sure what to think about the sudden "privacy" measures she took in SA. Circling the wagons or protecting herself? As I said in earlier posts, you don't start chatting unless you have something to prove.

The cover story in Paris Match was interesting in that she never mentioned PA either. Do any of your royal watcher friends have any thoughts on that? I guess the two upcoming tests are the Rose Ball in March and the safari vacation later in the spring.

Diana was 19 at the time and I think she ran out of fear from the press, but a more recent example of more discrete behaviour was CP Mary of Denmark. And she was roughly the same age as CW when she started dating Frederick.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Unfortunately, CW might represent the kind of women PA continues to entangle himself with. And CP Mary isn't the only example of discretion. Kate Middleton has been discreet and she's only 24. Plus Tatiana, Andrea's girlfriend, who might actually be a future sovereign princess of monaco has also shown discretion and maturity considering her age of 21.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Nobility

I think I'm going to stick with the "dumped" theory. He took NC to several events so I'm not sure showing up in public with a woman, which he's done a lot, is any indication about his marital intentions. I just cannot figure out how he would put her on a plane back to SA with any kind of grace. Maybe he's as much in love with the idea of a big royal wedding as some on this board but when the committment starts to close in, he bails. As far as her behavior when she returned to SA, who knows, that could be read either way. I think, despite her lack of education, Diana was pretty smart, Mary seems pretty smart, Kate is obviouly in love, etc. CW talking to the press just was not smart.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I think I'm going to stick with the "dumped" theory.
Me too! For her to have disappeared so suddenly, it's a safe bet that they went their separate ways, especially after all the pawing and schmoozing for the cameras that went on. It was pretty embarrassing.

Quote:
I just cannot figure out how he would put her on a plane back to SA with any kind of grace
Can't even guess how that conversation went!! LOL

Quote:
As far as her behavior when she returned to SA, who knows, that could be read either way.
The press know they can get info from her...she's too easy and eager to talk because she likes attention. They probably figure they can hound her until they get further details. My guess is that she will fade away for a while because she made a fool of herself and things didn't go as she thought they would.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

how can he hop from person to person? yuck.....were's their diginity? i would die to find my daughter admit to the public that she just having fun with someone. cant he fine someone w/in his circle with a bit of moral backbone or would such a person have nothing to do with him?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
how can he hop from person to person? yuck.....were's their diginity? i would die to find my daughter admit to the public that she just having fun with someone. cant he fine someone w/in his circle with a bit of moral backbone or would such a person have nothing to do with him?
I'm not sure if the relationship is over but it's definitely cooling if indeed he did send her home. I can't make up my mind if she deliberately left anything about PA out or if PM's editors censored her b/c of the recent law suit. I once read that jilted/angry women go to PM when they have an axe to grind so I'm kind of wondering. We'll just have to see if she attends the Rose Ball at the end of this month.

Again, admitting publicly that you are sleeping with someone is just tacky. Assumptions will be made...it all depends on who you want to model your behaviour on: Grace Kelly or Paris Hilton. Women complain that they are not treated like ladies; they should know that you have to know how to act like one first. (Sorry for getting on the soap box.)

Personally, I think PA likes the chase and somewhat loses interest when he knows he "has" them. He just needs to find a woman who will challenge him a little and interest him on a variety of levels.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Personally, I think PA likes the chase and somewhat loses interest when he knows he "has" them. He just needs to find a woman who will challenge him a little and interest him on a variety of levels.
Albert must be used to getting the same type of woman: eager to be the next Princess of Monaco and who are at his beck and call. Men in general don't like women who are so easy, so the woman who calls his bluff, has a life of her own and makes him work for her will snag him. This is especially true for a man of Albert's position because he knows just what he's worth. He needs this kind of woman at his side. It is a requirement, not an option. (Especially after the NC fiasco, he is probably even more afraid to commit!) How boring must it be for Albert to get any woman he sets his sights on?

If it's really over with CW, she was dumb, plain and simple. Him taking her to such a public event was a huge test, and she proved that she couldn't handle it.

I maintain that the right woman for Albert will be as discreet as the love letters passed across the Atlantic between Ranier and Grace.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I think I'm going to stick with the "dumped" theory. He took NC to several events so I'm not sure showing up in public with a woman, which he's done a lot, is any indication about his marital intentions. I just cannot figure out how he would put her on a plane back to SA with any kind of grace. Maybe he's as much in love with the idea of a big royal wedding as some on this board but when the committment starts to close in, he bails. As far as her behavior when she returned to SA, who knows, that could be read either way. I think, despite her lack of education, Diana was pretty smart, Mary seems pretty smart, Kate is obviouly in love, etc. CW talking to the press just was not smart.
Maybe she just went back home with the rest of the swimming team. :p
That's how she got there in the first place isn't it? She came there with the swimming team, right?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm not sure if the relationship is over but it's definitely cooling if indeed he did send her home. I can't make up my mind if she deliberately left anything about PA out or if PM's editors censored her b/c of the recent law suit. I once read that jilted/angry women go to PM when they have an axe to grind so I'm kind of wondering. We'll just have to see if she attends the Rose Ball at the end of this month.

Again, admitting publicly that you are sleeping with someone is just tacky. Assumptions will be made...it all depends on who you want to model your behaviour on: Grace Kelly or Paris Hilton. Women complain that they are not treated like ladies; they should know that you have to know how to act like one first. (Sorry for getting on the soap box.)

I agree, but there are sooo many women who would willing just throw themselves at PA, no matter if they cheapen themselves or not. They don't care, so why should he?

And I can certainly imagine that he and his people would not be excited about the whiff of any new scandals at all on Albert.

Closed Thread