A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by JackieP@Jun 5th, 2004 - 12:15 am
What does Albert like? Blondes? Brunettes? Both?
Darn, my recent posts have disappeared! Anyway, I would have to say "all of the above". Albert seems to not discriminate between hair colors or races. In the future when looking back at the "Dated by Albert" club, it might look like a minature United Nations! :p

I have heard it said that he will find a woman in a country which ties her to more than one country with French and English-speaking people, this would naturally increase trade and tourism to Monaco; and she will be bright, intelligent, have weathered great ordeals in life which will make her perfect to handle anything which is thrown at her, she will be talented in her own rights, able to have a business/financial conversation with him and others in his circle, but be able to step back out of the limelight and make him shine even more with her modesty.

He will marry someone with a deep spiritual background, remember, he adored his mother who believed in angels, spirits, astrology, fortune-tellers, and Fate more than anyone else around him. He will look for someone who indulges this part of him as few people are centred and deep enough to be open to this and be well-educated.

She will look more like his sisters than his mother, he has had little luck with blondes and is very, VERY comfortable with his sisters.

This is hard to find and he is still looking for these qualities.

But he is STILL looking and he will find her next year! Just wait and see!

:eek:)

I have heard it said that he will find a woman in a country which ties her to more than one country with French and English-speaking people, this would naturally increase trade and tourism to Monaco; and she will be bright, intelligent, have weathered great ordeals in life which will make her perfect to handle anything which is thrown at her, she will be talented in her own rights, able to have a business/financial conversation with him and others in his circle, but be able to step back out of the limelight and make him shine even more with her modesty.

He will marry someone with a deep spiritual background, remember, he adored his mother who believed in angels, spirits, astrology, fortune-tellers, and Fate more than anyone else around him. He will look for someone who indulges this part of him as few people are centred and deep enough to be open to this and be well-educated.

She will look more like his sisters than his mother, he has had little luck with blondes and is very, VERY comfortable with his sisters.

This is hard to find and he is still looking for these qualities.

But he is STILL looking and he will find her next year! Just wait and see!

:eek:)

Princess Grace is the perfect example of what I imagine a Princess should be, she looked like a princess and behaved liked one and I don't think anyone has been able to live up to the example set by Princess Grace. Diana came close, there was something about these women that stood out and I don't think any of the new Princess's have that something special that Grace and Diana had.

I don't think anyone will recapture the magic and grace of Princesses Diana and Grace. Certainly, it will not be William's wife, as his appeal already seems to be fading (because of his blah personality and balding scalp). I simply cannot see William and his wife rising to the occassion in this instance. That doesn't mean, however, that they won't be great monarchs. They may very well be, but William seems to be more traditional, uptight, and elitist than Diana and, no doubt, considering in which social circles he frequents, he will find a stuffy uppity woman.

Hypothetical

If a Monegasque prince married a a classy singer who has a classy reputation, would she have to give her career up in this day and age? say if its like Celine Dion or someone like that, would she have to give her career up?

Australian said:
If a Monegasque prince married a a classy singer who has a classy reputation, would she have to give her career up in this day and age? say if its like Celine Dion or someone like that, would she have to give her career up?
Celine Dion? I thought you said classy. If he marries her, he should be forced to abdicate. :)

Joking aside, yes she most likely would, if she married the reigning prince or his heir. She will have enough to do as first lady of Monaco. It she were to continue working in the entertainiment industry it would look demeaning for the principality, and look like she was trading in on her princely status. Look at the case of Sophie Wessex. She eventually had to give up her job for this r eason, and any future Princess of Monaco would be more high profile than her.

I think maybe she can continue with her career but she has to juggle with royal duties as well...as long as she finds time maybe she can...I mean there are some royals that work right?

hillary_nugent said:
I think maybe she can continue with her career but she has to juggle with royal duties as well...as long as she finds time maybe she can...I mean there are some royals that work right?
Yes of course, there are. But if she is going to be the first lady of Monaco, then that will be her 'job'. Unless, of course, you are referring to a hypothetical wife of a hypothetical cadet prince in Monaco?

Stephanie once had a singing career. And we all know how dignified and classy she is ;-)

Well considering Monaco's monarchy is not as influential or well known as some other Royals I don't think they have as many Royal duties as other Royals...so maybet they can still have a career ^___^

hillary_nugent said:
Well considering Monaco's monarchy is not as influential or well known as some other Royals I don't think they have as many Royal duties as other Royals...so maybet they can still have a career ^___^
There's still quite a bit to do, as the family basically runs things. Ranier is the last "absolute" monarch in Europe. Grace wanted to do films after marriage, but it was deemed inappropriate. A career isn't entirely impossible, but there wi ll always be questions of conflict of interest, and it couldn't be a 9-5PM office job.And I think a singer is totally out unless it's like an opera diva who sings from time to time -- certainly no one like Celine Dion.

In any case, I think the understanding is that any future Princess (with a capital P), will only serve as the country's first lady, help with the 'family firm', and undertake charitable duties. The latter can be quite demanding and rewarding. Look at Queen Silvia's mentor Foundation and Begum Salimah's SOS villages. They really make a difference.

Then again, who knows?

oh well i guess the two worlds just dont go together.

Ok so everyone wants a wife for him, but who (or how) should she be? What are the qualities (physical, emotional, spiritual, etc.) that she should possess? Should she be one of those models that he si always tauting around or should she be a professional person, private citizen? How old? If it were announced tomorrow that he picked a wife who or how would you wish her to be?

<Removed comments/Mandy> i think he should go with someone with money and fame because she would be able to handle being in the public eye. and someone young but not to young because she would be able to have a lot of children. and since he is older she might be able to be controlled.
i know it sounds bad but i'm guessing he is a control freak. and i'm not aganist older women since im only.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder so i dont know how she should look.
and there u have the short of it

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the problem - everyone wants a wife for him. While he has not outright said that he does not want to get married, he has repeatedly said that he will get married on his own time, in his own terms and not because everyone wants him to get married.

As for who it should be- why should we decide? Love and marriage is between two people. Yes, realistically, someone who is a very, very private person may have difficulty transitioning into public life but it's not impossible. Princess Masako in Japan, while described by the Imperial Agency as having a difficult time transitioning, was really beset by the centuries-old traditions imposed on her personally and the way she performs her duties.

Like I said in another thread he really has to decide on his own what he wants. Our wishes for his wife are just that wishes.

I personally don't think that she should be attention-getting limelight seeker but someone who understands what she is getting herself into. She should be compassionate and educated but think more with her heart. I think Monaco needs someone who can reach people and not there to increase trade.

Albert may not get married and the throne will probably go to Caroline or Andrea someday but who knows.

I am uber sorry that I started that thread. I totally did not realize that there was another thread on the exact same topic.

But sticking to this topic-I really need to know more about Albert to see what kind of wife he needs. He is just so mysterious. Usu. I can figure a little about someone's character through analysis, but I just learn enough about him.

P.S. Does anyone know how I can get the pic of him in the Vanity Fair Royals edition. Where he is in front of that aquariium. His eyes look sooo gorgeous.

I honestly hope the women he's interested in will be able to deal with Nicole Coste. She'll always be in the shadows, a "Presence" of sorts if you will. Plus she'll have to somewhat include Alexandre in her life a little. Someone with a strong mental and emotional foundation. An "Iron Lady" if you will. All the rest she can be helped with.

criteria

I think She will be young and childless. It would be a little hard to bring your children into such a promenent family. The press would have a feild day tearing into them. Or he will just remain the bachelor and let Caroline groom the next Prince.

A Wife for Albert

To Member Ksenia:

Why do you presume he would want Caroline's line to inherit the throne?

He has his own son.

After all, if his intentions were not to have his own heirs on the throne, why would he be taking over his father's position?

brandysays said:
To Member Ksenia:

Why do you presume he would want Caroline's line to inherit the throne?

He has his own son.

After all, if his intentions were not to have his own heirs on the throne, why would he be taking over his father's position?
Albert has an alleged son it hasn't been made official by the Palace and if Alexandre is Albert must still marry Nicole to make him his heir.

<Edited to remove personal comments/Mandy>

But seriously, let the man decide if and when he marries and to whom! He still has time and it may very well be his plan for his sister and/or her children to assume the throne. I think that he is a very decent man. Never met him, but that is my feel on the situation.

First Lady Duties

I have been lurking in the cyber world reading these postings for some time, and have not found the answer to a question that I have. So, decided to register and ask my question!

There are many different threads and speculation on a Wife for Prince Albert. Questions like: Who should be considered or Would you like to be considered, or even if he should condsider it. But in none of the threads is there a job description.

Having read the Bio's and other web sites, a person can find out what kind of State responsibilities PA has, but there is very little in depth information about ALL the duties a new First Lady would have.

And as a second point of interest could she share duties with Caroline or would there be a tussle over control. ie: is it all or nothing?

What does everyone on this board think?

I think that when Albert gets married, Caroline will help train the new First Lady of Monaco, I believe she will still attend and manage the functions/events she has been in charge of almost all of her life.

Prince Albert and Finding a Wife

LadyMacAlpine said:
Albert has an alleged son it hasn't been made official by the Palace and if Alexandre is Albert must still marry Nicole to make him his heir.

If you don't see the resemblance between Albert and Alexandre, then you have poor vision. Either that or maybe you just don't want to see it.

By the way, the French Parliament never voted on the changes that Prince Rainier made with France, so why would any changes Rainier made in the constitution be considered valid?

brandysays said:
If you don't see the resemblance between Albert and Alexandre, then you have poor vision. Either that or maybe you just don't want to see it.

By the way, the French Parliament never voted on the changes that Prince Rainier made with France, so why would any changes Rainier made in the constitution be considered valid?
The law for making a child born out of wedlock legitimate was made many years ago the year I don't know. It was why Louis had to adopt his own child since he wasn't married to her mother to make Rainier's mother a legitimate heir to the throne as her offspring. I follow the way the law is written any offspring of Alberts to be his legal heir he must be legally married to the mother. That law France recognizes.

Hey didn't ALbert's lawyer say that Alexandre was indeed his son?

<Edited out personal comments/Mandy>

LadyMacAlpine said:

Reina said:
Hey didn't ALbert's lawyer say that Alexandre was indeed his son?
Actually from what I read people misinterrupted what was said. Nicole said he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom