A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonique.jpg

C'est Sonique. From www.yahoo.com

Picture: Albert and Sonique

Here's a link (from Yahoo search) of a picture with Sonique and PA taken on March 5, 2002. I've never uploaded a picture in a forum, so I am not sure how to do it.

http://cache.viewimages.com/comp/2652056.jpg?x=x&dasite=ViewImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=9B0238C52E2B0CC76EC18EFD33071606E928286AE3CD64CD

The picture is listed in Getty images with the below caption:
MONTE CARLO - MARCH 5: Prince Albert of Monaco and British singer Sonique attend the pre-award cocktail party for the 14th World Music Awards at the Hotel Du Paris on March 5, 2002 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Dave Hogan/Getty Images).

Last edited:
I have to imagine it's hard to date around when the press prints pics of you with other women all the time. I cannot imagine that CW and Albert were too serious. I think she probably just got carried away.

I must agree, that does not look like her. They did the same thing with a pic of PA with an African woman after the NC story broke. It was quite obviously not her once you really looked at the picture.

You guys are good! That is obviously not her.

One thing I noticed about PA, he is open minded as far as race/ethnicity is concerned. I think that's cool. I guess he just loves women. Has he dated an Asian woman? I wonder what people in Monaco think about this? I know that IR dating is not as big a deal in Europe as perhaps in the states, but I wonder if a black or asian woman turned out to be "the one" would the public be outraged at having a non-white princess?

leahteresa said:
I must agree, that does not look like her. They did the same thing with a pic of PA with an African woman after the NC story broke. It was quite obviously not her once you really looked at the picture.

Yeah, I remember seeing that pic. I was like :confused:

No

I don't think people would be outraged.... of course there will always be people who wouldn't like it of course, the obvious proof is that, when he recognized Alexandre, no remarks about his mother's colour have been made.
BurberryBrit said:
You guys are good! That is obviously not her.

One thing I noticed about PA, he is open minded as far as race/ethnicity is concerned. I think that's cool. I guess he just loves women. Has he dated an Asian woman? I wonder what people in Monaco think about this? I know that IR dating is not as big a deal in Europe as perhaps in the states, but I wonder if a black or asian woman turned out to be "the one" would the public be outraged at having a non-white princess?

rominet09 said:
I don't think people would be outraged.... of course there will always be people who wouldn't like it of course, the obvious proof is that, when he recognized Alexandre, no remarks about his mother's colour have been made.

OK. I didn't even notice that they didn't mention Nicole's race. They did say she was Togolese in the articles I saw, though. Maybe not mentioning her race was a sign that it isn't important?

MyAdia said:

Daily Mail (London)

December 5, 2005 Monday

ED 1ST; Pg. 39

Frozen out by Albert's flunkies

GRACE KELLY she isn't, but DJ and singer Sonique (above) certainly presses the right buttons for the late Princess's son, Monaco's ruler Prince Albert II. For I can reveal that the London-born beauty - real name Sonia Clarke - enjoyed an unlikely two-month dalliance with Albert.

Sonique, 37, trills:'He's absolutely lovely.We met at a music awards ceremony in Monaco. We hung out together for two months - going out to dinner and clubbing - and he was not a bit royal. I liked him a lot.' Alas, Sonique, who had a No1 single with It Feels So Good, soon realised there was no future with Albert.

The singer felt frozen out by Albert's flunkies because of her background: she left school without qualifications, drew the dole for four years and even slept rough before finding fame.

Explains a friend: 'Albert was fine, but the people around him treated her like dirt. It was quite clear they didn't think she should be part of their scene.' Perhaps Albert's retainers should have treated Sonique better - they nearly hyperventilated earlier this year after he was forced to admit having sired a lovechild with Togo air hostess Nicole Coste.

Perhaps I'm being oversensitive here, but for heavens sake (!)...are there not more important things going on in world that need attention??? Albert seems to be trying to do his part in not only making this world a better place, but also making up for the wrongs caused by others. Sure, he is not a magician, and he is still learning how to best use his newfound influence, but he is trying to be a good person and leader. Why do we care if Alexander is purple or Albert's girlfriends are green, not formally educated, and/or lack an affluent pedigree. Could, for one moment in time, we just let royals be people, and as long as they perform their respective jobs well...let them act in their personal life as make's them genuinely happy?

Freedom said:
Perhaps I'm being oversensitive here, but for heavens sake (!)...are there not more important things going on in world that need attention??? Albert seems to be trying to do his part in not only making this world a better place, but also making up for the wrongs caused by others. Sure, he is not a magician, and he is still learning how to best use his newfound influence, but he is trying to be a good person and leader. Why do we care if Alexander is purple or Albert's girlfriends are green, not formally educated, and/or lack an affluent pedigree. Could, for one moment in time, we just let royals be people, and as long as they perform their respective jobs well...let them act in their personal life as make's them genuinely happy?
Because, my dear, this is a forum where royals are discussed. The end.
And as far as taking about his girlfriends, the title of the thread is "A wife for Albert." ;)

Cheers.

Last edited:
BurberryBrit said:
You make a good point: he must have had a "real" women at some point in his life, but once she figures him out, she's out the door! The woman he ends up with will either be so dumb/enamored by him that she turns a blind eye to his philandering. Or she will put her foot down, and tell him to shape the heck up. For a woman like the latter to get as far as marriage with him, he will have to be seriously head over heels in love with her.

Excellent points...let me play devil's advocate here for a moment. Remember, even as a grown man, he had to have his father's permission to marry. I'm sure in Rainier's eyes, no matter what woman PA brought home, she would never be seen as good as Grace in his eyes. So, the bimbo brigade begins and two unfortunate quotes by Albert could attest to the thought no woman will ever be good enough, "I'll marry when I'm 40..." and "I'll marry after Rainier dies." The former statement made maybe to force his father's hand to allow him to marry whom he chooses and the latter made to wait until he has to answer to no one. In the interim, he hasn't found what he is looking for an is enjoying playing with the type of woman that every man wishes he could attract.

BurberryBrit said:
He obviously has many women to fulfill his needs (social, sexual, etc) but doesn't it get old after a while? I would imagine that at some point, a man wants a woman to settle down with, have children with, grow old with--a true love. Maybe he doesn't want that.

I don't think that he doesn't want that...I think he just hasn't found it yet. Just trust personal experience/feminine intuition on this... Sometimes you'd rather be alone than be with the wrong person.

BurberryBrit said:
I don't want to say that once a cheater always a cheater because love can change people. But he doesn't have a good track record, does he? :confused:

We don't know if he was cheating per se...we don't know what he said to any of the women in his life about exclusivity.

Should she be on the cover of magazines like that? If she wasn't the "amie du Prince Albert" she probably wouldn't be on there. I don't think it was a wise decision on her part simply because they're only interested in her due to her association with PA.

BurberryBrit said:
Should she be on the cover of magazines like that? If she wasn't the "amie du Prince Albert" she probably wouldn't be on there. I don't think it was a wise decision on her part simply because they're only interested in her due to her association with PA.

I have to agree with you Burberry...unless she's trying to develop herself as a person with her own interests. But I don't think anyone would care if she hadn't been seen with PA. But in typical Libra fashion, I have to say that it's a piece of brilliant PR work if she's only using this to announce her arrival back on the international swimming scene.

BurberryBrit said:
She's saying that she's very passionate about swimming. She met Nelson Mandela and he's like a grandfather to her. She loves children. She thinks sports can help bridge the difference between people. She says she's an open and positive person. She like Europe (mentions Monaco). I can't make out anything about her and PA. It doesn't look like she mentions him!

It was part of the "rules" of the interview that she would not speak about their relationship.

pinklady1991 said:
I have to agree with you Burberry...unless she's trying to develop herself as a person with her own interests. But I don't think anyone would care if she hadn't been seen with PA. But in typical Libra fashion, I have to say that it's a piece of brilliant PR work if she's only using this to announce her arrival back on the international swimming scene.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. This might help her career. The article does say something about most swimmers being retired by her age, so maybe that's exactly what she's doing!

Lakshmi said:
And I don't know French at all. :( Please someone translate/summorize..

There is a synopsis about six quotes up by BurberryBrit. Does anyone know if CW speaks French? I get the impression no from the quote about how school/grades didn't matter to her.

Okay last summer he was on vacation with some woman, i am positive the picture is not cw now he is or may be getting married to cw soon some of the euro magazine are stating she maybe the real deal she on the rose ball list and so on.My head is spining around.

I think 28 is kind of old to start training for the summer olympic that is two years away.she will be 30 I think PA knows all about her PM interview I am begging to believe he is going to make her his bride It must be lonely in that big palace at 48 with all of euro princes married but I am sad at his choice if it is true .

We shall see! I can't wait to see if she is at the Rose Ball after her sudden disappearance from Turin.

Might anyone know, in prior Olympics, has Prince Albert attended by himself or with friends?

He usually stayed with the MC team when he was active. And I believe (though wouldn't swear on it) that he did this as well during the summer games.

I think so too, he's just a verypassinate sportsman.

Perhaps CW has ben whisked away to be taught etiquette lessons and grooming for her next appearance? There is no mention of her in SA papers but then South Africa hasn't been real big on European royalty, news wise.
That might change if she is the real thing.

hey guys!!! question- isnt Paris March the same mag PA has sued several times before?? why would he then approve of CW doing an interview with them.??? i think CW is just one for him to buy time with, and she is just struggling to maximize her 15mins of fame, because if she was the one, or remotely the one he would at least get her in a more sophisticated mag like Vogue or something.....

anyways charlize theron is single again, PA needs to get his fine a*ss on the phone and get in touch with her....lmao. just joking.......

<Edit personal comments/Mandy>
Tia brings up a good point: if she's being slowly introduced and groomed as the soon to be bride of PA, would she do it for Paris Match, a mag that has been a sore spot for him? I would think she wouldn't be talking at all until an engagement was announced. But I'm relatively new to the forum, so I don't really know how things are done. Did any other princesses do pre-engagement interviews/press?

Last edited by a moderator:
BurberryBrit said:
Can you explain what you mean by the short list Fr. Tucker made? Did someone suggest to Ranier that he should consider dating Grace?

Fr. Tucker was Rainier's & the family's spiritual advisor for many, many years. In many ways he was a father figure to Rainier. When Rainier decided that he needed to marry, Fr. Tucker helped create a list of wealthy, acceptable Catholic women in Europe and America, and yes, Grace was on it. Fr. Tucker was also from the Philadelphia area and was quite familiar with the Kelly family. While this list was being created, Rainier met Grace for the photo shoot. You also have to remember at that time, MC had a bit of a financial crisis so it was imperative that the woman in question come from a certain background. I like to think that fate had a helping hand. ;)

pinklady1991 said:
Fr. Tucker was Rainier's & the family's spiritual advisor for many, many years. In many ways he was a father figure to Rainier. When Rainier decided that he needed to marry, Fr. Tucker helped create a list of wealthy, acceptable Catholic women in Europe and America, and yes, Grace was on it. Fr. Tucker was also from the Philadelphia area and was quite familiar with the Kelly family. While this list was being created, Rainier met Grace for the photo shoot. You also have to remember at that time, MC had a bit of a financial crisis so it was imperative that the woman in question come from a certain background. I like to think that fate had a helping hand. ;)

Very interesting. I wonder if Grace knew about it and if so, when she found out. (during the courtship, after the engagement, after the marriage) Fate definitely had a hand seeing that he was from Philadelphia and knew her. I assume if she knew about it, she assumed it was all part of her "destiny" as she said.

I asked the same questions awhile back about CW giving an interview to Paris Match. Seems unlikely that he would choose that particular publication to "introduce" his bride to be. LIke, if you have to sue someone, do you trust them agian. But she can give an interview to anyone she likes.

And I beleive she will train for the olympics, she's too old but like many people, she proably doesn't realize it. Also, if it's all she's ever done maybe she wants to stay in it and go on to coach. But her pictures do not even compare to Grace. Not by a long shot....

I am sticking to my origional theory that CW got innapropriately chatty with the press and got herself dumped. She didn't just say, boy isn't the weather nice here in Turin, based on what I read she said, yeah, it's a great place for a sleepover and we're not getting married. I do not know if she actually said "yet" or not but either way, not so smart.

I also find it hard to believe that the palace in MC releases a list of people who are invited to the Rose Ball? I think that little tid bit may be gossip.

leahteresa said:
I asked the same questions awhile back about CW giving an interview to Paris Match. Seems unlikely that he would choose that particular publication to "introduce" his bride to be. LIke, if you have to sue someone, do you trust them agian. But she can give an interview to anyone she likes.

First, I don't think anyone can compare to Grace..jmo. I don't understand the Paris Match thing either...but it has an amazing circulation and pretty good reputation. The interview was pretty two dimensional...minimum information with maximum politeness.

leahteresa said:
And I beleive she will train for the olympics, she's too old but like many people, she proably doesn't realize it. Also, if it's all she's ever done maybe she wants to stay in it and go on to coach. But her pictures do not even compare to Grace. Not by a long shot....

I applaud her determination...I have no doubt that she has the will to succeed and perhaps the body will bend to the mind. If she wants it bad enough, I hope she makes the team and medals... Look at Grandma Luge...even look at PA -- he competed in his last Olympics at 43...and bobsled is a younger person's sport... I love to watch it but sliding down an icy track in a tuna can????? It can't feel too good after a few years. But God bless him...

leahteresa said:
I am sticking to my origional theory that CW got innapropriately chatty with the press and got herself dumped. She didn't just say, boy isn't the weather nice here in Turin, based on what I read she said, yeah, it's a great place for a sleepover and we're not getting married. I do not know if she actually said "yet" or not but either way, not so smart.

We'll have to see if she got dumped although I do agree that she got inappropriately chatty with the press. If I were PA, I'd be furious with her comments...taunting the press and doing what he wants most: making his private life public. Yes, there were photos of them at various events but putting her head in his lap (I didn't see that one -- is it posted anywhere?) and her comments just added fuel to the fire. I thought some of her comments in the PM article were a little indiscreet as well (the part about children, Monaco). Maybe she just needs to learn.

leahteresa said:
I also find it hard to believe that the palace in MC releases a list of people who are invited to the Rose Ball? I think that little tid bit may be gossip.

It's done all the time...you let the public know that a "special guest" is coming and suddenly your fundraiser/event is the talk of the town, you get all kinds of free publicity, and everyone wants to come. Whether or not Oggi got it right (or my translation was right) is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom